ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's up with all the illegal immigration rallys Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10th April 2006 04:16 PM
Some Guy I've got a few mixed emotions
10th April 2006 04:19 PM
Nellcote Salsa is outselling ketchup 2 to 1 in the US
Theresa Heinz is worried!
10th April 2006 04:26 PM
Some Guy I hear english will soon be the 2nd language here
10th April 2006 04:41 PM
pdog In 100 years, people will be saying "Si, I told su' !!!"
10th April 2006 07:07 PM
gorda President Bush wants to deflect some of the attention off the war, so he decided to put some attention on illegal immigration, because he knew that it would be controversial, and the media would be all over it.

Everyone in America is an immigrant or a descendent of immigrants. Unless you are 100% Native American Indian, you are an immigrant.

As far as I know, the Indians were not stamping passports when the Pilgrms got here, so what are you complaining about?

At least there's someone to do the jobs that no one wants to do!

If all the illegal aliens were deported . . . agriculture, construction, clothing manufactors, hotels and restaurant business, every single one of these industries would be affected, and we as consumers would be affected, because we would have to pay more for these services.

Furthermore, not all illegal aliens are from Mexico. Alot of Latin Americans pretend to be from Mexico, because they do not want to be deported all the way back to their country of origen, be it Columbia, Honduras, etc.

Also, there are Asian illegal aliens and from other countries as well.

P.S. I wish I had more time to discuss this, but I have a lot of work to do, anyways.

10th April 2006 07:24 PM
telecaster
quote:
gorda wrote:
President Bush wants to deflect some of the attention off the war, so he decided to put some attention on illegal immigration, because he knew that it would be controversial, and the media would be all over it.

Everyone in America is an immigrant or a descendent of immigrants. Unless you are 100% Native American Indian, you are an immigrant.

As far as I know, the Indians were not stamping passports when the Pilgrms got here, so what are you complaining about?

At least there's someone to do the jobs that no one wants to do!

If all the illegal aliens were deported . . . agriculture, construction, clothing manufactors, hotels and restaurant business, every single one of these industries would be affected, and we as consumers would be affected, because we would have to pay more for these services.

Furthermore, not all illegal aliens are from Mexico. Alot of Latin Americans pretend to be from Mexico, because they do not want to be deported all the way back to their country of origen, be it Columbia, Honduras, etc.

Also, there are Asian illegal aliens and from other countries as well.

P.S. I wish I had more time to discuss this, but I have a lot of work to do, anyways.

Cool. The entire Rocks Off board and all of our friends and families are coming over to your house and illegally going to break in to your house, not ask just break in, and we are going to live in your house for years if not decades
We will cut in line in front of the people you asked to come to your house and were following your rules and we will demand special rights even though we are illegal

We demand you feed us, provide free health care to our entire families, drivers licenses so we can get free access to all government services. You will pay for our kids to go to school in your school systems of which we pay zero taxes and demand two meals a day for your children paid for
And we won't pay income taxes, state or property taxes.

We won't buy car insurance and health insurance so too bad if we get sick or run over your kid or total your car. You are shit out of luck and you have to pay for it.
Oh, and also again, we won't pay taxes to support the very benefits that we are demanding

And again, and we claim that the southwest US still belongs to Mexico and it is rightfully ours anyway

As Vicente Fox recently said he is President of two countries: Mexico and the Southwest US

Gorda you forgot to mention the word ILLEGAL in your post

[Edited by telecaster]
10th April 2006 07:37 PM
Some Guy Hola
10th April 2006 07:48 PM
Riffhard
quote:
gorda wrote:
President Bush wants to deflect some of the attention off the war, so he decided to put some attention on illegal immigration, because he knew that it would be controversial, and the media would be all over it.

Gorda no offense but this statment shows an incredible lack of understanding of the issue at hand. If Bush is doing anything he's ignoring his own base here. This issue crosses party lines. Bush has basically grabed his ankles on this subject,and allowed Vincente Fox to dictate American policy. In allowing this he is pissing many people off. The Dems are trying to claim that Republicans are trying to outlaw immigration! That's a crap argument at best,and a flat out lie at worst. I tend to believe it's the latter. He's doing so at the risk of Rebuplican majority too.

I have no problem whatsoever with immigrants. As you mentioned we are all immigrants at sometime in our past. However,most Americans immigrated legally to this nation. Show me one country on the face of this planet that would allow forigen nationals to illegaly immigrate into their own sovigen nation,and then dictate that nation's immigration laws?! You won't find one. Least not Mexico. They have one of the most outwardly anti-immigrant laws on the books! Yet that is what Fox exspects us to do. Mexico gets a full one thrid of their GNP from monies sent back to Mexico from these undocumented workers(a very PC way of saying illegal). It's an issue that is going to get worse before it gets better if the politicos inside the Beltway don't start listening to the American people. That goes for both Dems and Repubs. Bush sure as hell is not winning any points here. Nor,for that matter,are the Dems. Both sides are pandering and it's disgusting to watch!

Riffy
10th April 2006 08:52 PM
sirmoonie Don't blame me. I have always been against any Germans being allowed into the United States of America. They have caused two world wars and untold misery to millions of human beings. They are nothing but a drain on progress and civilization.
10th April 2006 08:59 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Don't blame me. I have always been against any Germans being allowed into the United States of America.

That's funny Moonie, the English and the Germans are decended from the same stock, as are the Jews and the Arabs.
10th April 2006 09:07 PM
glencar How we gonna deport 10 million Mexican illegals? As much as I don't like illegal immigration, the best thing is to a wall at the border & leave everything else status quo. No promise of future citizenship but no felony charges for being here illegally or for assisting these people.
10th April 2006 09:12 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

That's funny Moonie, the English and the Germans are decended from the same stock, as are the Jews and the Arabs.

What? Next you'll be telling me we all evolved from apes!

P.S. If you can't tell the diff between a Jew and an Arab, or an Anglo white person from a fucking Hun, then you really DO need to quit drinking.
10th April 2006 09:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl All the drugs and illegal immigrants are allowed by the US Government. Think it over:

Howe can a country like Mexico have such a great strategic planning and logistics infrastructure to introduce tons of illegal drugs into the USA and not just that, to distribute it all across the whole country in such an efficient way that even a small town that does not appear in the map of the most abandoned area get some stuff. Neither companies like Coca Cola or P&G, and all of them can do it.

Howe can Mexico do the same with illegal aliens.

Come on! It’s part of the NAFTA and NAFDA (North America Free Trade Agreement and Free Drug Agreement)

There are many “head-hunters” call them “beast-of-burden-hunters” that offer selected personnel for USA companies. Human resources departments of many companies have access to these data banks.

Imagine day without them… It will probably be May 1st

Also remember that the States of California, Texas, Nevada, Arizona and New Mexico were part of Mexico around 150 years ago, since then there’s a lot of Mexican people there.

Also please remember that citizens of a country are not related with politicians’ decision. So please do not insult the German people or the Mexican People on this board. They are not Hitler fans or neonazis or they are not illegal aliens crossing the border.
10th April 2006 09:16 PM
Riffhard I think Teddy Roosevelt said it best.

"In the first place we should insist that the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equity with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming an American and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt in a letter to the American Defense Society in 1919.

Pretty much sums it up as far as I'm concerned.

Riffy
10th April 2006 09:17 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
How we gonna deport 10 million Mexican illegals? As much as I don't like illegal immigration, the best thing is to a wall at the border & leave everything else status quo.

There won't be any wall. The future will be North American intergration within 10-15 years. Free Trade also means free movement of labor forces. Globalization means just that.
10th April 2006 09:23 PM
glencar I'm not all that botehred by Mexicans who come here to work for a short time, TTM. I think it's more a security issue than an economic issue. This economy does rely on illegals according to what I saw tonight on the news. Whilst those rallies don't help the illegals' cause, this issue should be settled one way or the other.
10th April 2006 09:24 PM
glencar Oh, and Gorda's post is as nonsensical as anything else she's written on this board. That's why I like her!
10th April 2006 09:26 PM
sirmoonie Riffy, under that standard, 1/3 of George Walker Bush III's advisors would be deported to Israel. Which I am for, by the way. The U.S. faces many enemies, not least of which is the goddam ZOG. I mean seriously, do people just write-in Sharon next to George Walker Bush III? WTF?

Then again, I'd Gitmo your ass for being proud to be Hun. The last thing we need is for your people to go all blitzkrieg again. You guys got anything in the works? Or just laying low? Genocide is all the rage again.
10th April 2006 09:28 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

There won't be any wall. The future will be North American intergration within 10-15 years. Free Trade also means free movement of labor forces. Globalization means just that.

So are you adopting a stand that does away with the United States sovereignty. Because that sure as hell is what it sounds like. That is a plan that will not fly. There is no way in hell that the majority of Americans are going to sign on to that plan! That is insane! No other country would even consider this type of insanity.

This country is called the "melting pot". If you move here it becomes incumbant upon the immigrant to assimilate into American society,not the other way around.

Riffy
10th April 2006 09:31 PM
gorda Dear Riffhard,

Right now , I have a lot of work to do, and I shouldn't even be wasting time. But, go back and read a history book. Illegal immigration was the norm back when your ancestors came here. Through Ellis Island or whereever.

P.S. Read a book on California history or even Texas history. You will be amazed at how the squattors just came and took over. They just decided they were not going to leave.

Anyways, whatever happens happens. In this life, there are no guarantees. We all just do the best we can. I am of Mexican descent, but I was born here, so I am a U.S. citizen, so why should I care about undocumented workers?

Hmmmmmmmmmm . . .

I guess you're right! Send them all back to Mexico or their original country of origen.

Question: Who is going to pick the fruit and vegetables for us? Who is going to clean our hotel rooms? Who is going to cook our meals at restaurants? Who is going to build our buildings? Who is going make our clothes?

10th April 2006 09:33 PM
pdog I make alot of money off mexicans/latinos, illegal or not, they pay me for cab rides and are much better tippers than the avg. or stereo typical American citizen.
I have a much bigger problem with asian immigrants. It might come off racist, but their numbers in Calif. rival latinos. They seem far more criminal, leech off the system and are far less likely to assimilate into the culture. All this is based on my experience, so I can't back this up more than that. The latinos seem to be more American, than Asians too, maybe it's b/c Mexico is in North America. I could go on, but I have some prejudices, that I can acknowledge, and I don't want to be spread hate... If anyone really did the math and audited the system, I bet precentage wise asians are skimming and sucking more money than any latinos are.
And it's much easier for me to learn some spanish too...
Bring all the latinos up here possible. Give em' a chance, soon they'll be americans, paying taxes, buying homes and giving us the most yummy food in the world...
I'm sorry, they just seem alot nicer to me than alot of asians.

[Edited by Che'Pdog]
[Edited by pdog]
10th April 2006 09:40 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
I make alot of money off mexicans/latinos, illegal or not, they pay me for cab rides and are much better tippers than the avg. or stereo typical American citizen.
I have a much bigger problem with asian immigrants. It might come off racist, but their numbers in Calif. rival latinos. They seem far more criminal, leech off the system and are far less likely to assimilate into the culture. All this is based on my experience, so I can't back this up more than that. The latinos seem to be more American, than Asians too, maybe it's b/c Mexico is in North America. I could go on, but I have some prejudices, that I can acknowledge, and I don't want to be spread hate... If anyone really did the math and audited the system, I bet precentage wise asians are skimming and sucking more money than any latinos are.
And it's much easier for me to learn some spanish too...
Bring all the latinos up here possible. Give em' a chance, soon they'll be americans, paying taxes, buying homes and giving us the most yummy food in the world...
I'm sorry, they just seem alot nicer to me than alot of asians.

[Edited by Che'Pdog]
[Edited by pdog]

Please do not deport "Bouncy"
10th April 2006 09:40 PM
KennedyLW I wish they would just leave the California border alone. Canadians charge too much to clean my pool.
10th April 2006 09:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:

Please do not deport "Bouncy"

People only want to keep the attractive latinos around?
10th April 2006 09:46 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
So are you adopting a stand that does away with the United States sovereignty. Because that sure as hell is what it sounds like. That is a plan that will not fly. There is no way in hell that the majority of Americans are going to sign on to that plan! That is insane! No other country would even consider this type of insanity.

Riffy

I'm not adopting any stand. Just calling a spade a spade. Personally I don't think globalizion and free trade are necessarily good things but the politicians who sign on to these globalist treatys seem to.
10th April 2006 09:49 PM
Egbert
quote:
pdog wrote:
People only want to keep the attractive latinos around?

All this time I thought she was Asian
10th April 2006 09:59 PM
Riffhard Gorda I never said that we should round up all the illegals and send them home. Although funny enough that is the Mexican immigration policy! No,rather we should immediatly secure the border and prevent the continued influx of illegals. Go to Europe and see how many countries allow this kind "come one,come all" policy. It is unheard of!

If any terrorist were to slip over the US Southern border with a WMD or a load of IEDs I would not want to the president in office. He'll be out on his ass. The border must be secured. Period! It has become dangerous. This has nothing to do with immigration at the end of the day. Rather it's about national security,and if you want an example of how bad it's gotten take a look at border towns on the border. Murder,drug running,rape,kidnapping,are at all time record levels. It's out of control.

Most of the Mexicans coming here are honest hard working folks that just want a shot at making some cash and a viable living,but it seems to me that Mexico needs to fix their own economy and help these folks out. Lord knows they have massive natural resources with which to work with.

Check this link out-http://www.nyjtimes.com/cover/03-14...izedInTexas.htm This is the kind of stuff that scares the hell out of me.

My knowledge of history is just fine gorda. The immigrants that were processed through Ellis Island were not illegal. Show me one country that has between 10-15 million illegal residents living within it's borders besides the USA. You can't because that country does not exist. I agree with you that the US has turned a blind eye to this problem in the name of cheap labor,but that is not the point. The point is that by allowing the borders to go unchecked we are opening ourselves up to the Islamic terrorists that want all of us dead. Mexicans and Americans alike. It must be addressed because we already have arrested some trying to gain access through the Southern border.

Riffy
10th April 2006 10:30 PM
stoned_in_dc people who get all into the "illegal" word are full of crap...

if you don't want illegal immigrants in the US then make sure the US does not hire them to clean your toilets, pick your apples, take care of your kids, and make your pizzas..

the hypocrisy is tremendous... the US wants the cheap labour, is desperate for it in fact, but at the same time does not want to know they are illegals..just pretend they don't know who is the cheap labour that keeps the economy going

10th April 2006 10:37 PM
pdog If the bill passes, how are we going to know how long the people, who we don't know how long they've been here or who they are, grant them the provisions and status for immigrants in the USA a certain amount of years...
This has me plexed!
10th April 2006 10:47 PM
sirmoonie This is such a media created issue. Immigration into the United States is a HUGE problem for this country - we are talking economic and civil security, human rights concerns, massive government outlays, and national integrity, with no clear and easy solutions. But its no more a problem than it was last year, 2 years ago, 3 years ago, 4 years ago, 5 years ago, 10 years ago, or even 20 years ago. Why now? Because the fucking media said its time and a bunch of politicians jumped on the pisswagon. I think they mistimed it too, because immigration as an issue will start to bore America, including all the dopes here, long before the November elections. Then we are right back where we were.

Besides, all the really dangerous Germans got in years ago. We will never get rid of them now. They have infested us like an insidious cancer of invidious sicknessism. See, e.g., Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)