ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's up with all the illegal immigration rallys Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10th April 2006 10:51 PM
Taptrick
I'm sure if America just adopted Mexico's own immigration laws that would make everyone happy.....

10th April 2006 10:59 PM
Riffhard This has gotten far too convoluted. Look this has little to do with illegal immigrants as far as I'm concerned. It has much more to do with securing our borders. However,once this topic gets brought up people immediatly start throwing the bigot label on those who want the borders secure. It's not fair or true. We know that roughly 800 illegals cross the Southern border daily. Daily! This must stop!

On 9/11/01 it took only 19 Islamic radicals to deliver the most vicious terror attack in history. These same groups are fully aware of how open our borders are. It is insane and dangerous to ignore this reality,but politicians are pandering to the Hispanic voting block and it's disgusting. I could give two shits about who is in office. Be they Republican or Democrat. If we get hit again and it turns out that the terrorists crossed our pourous borders there will be hell to pay!

Labeling people bigots just because they point out this most obvious fact is absurd! It's also disingenuous. The USA cannot,and should not,allow Vincente Fox to dictate our border policy. That is exactly what is happening right now. People are getting pissed off about it big time,and there are already signs of a major backlash. When that happens all bets are off. It will get ugly quick. For this reason the problem needs to be honestly addressed without all the vitriol from either side.

Riffy
10th April 2006 11:03 PM
sirmoonie Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of flag burning. I've burned most Islamic flags and all the German ones - pre and post unification. I even burned the Utah state flag once.

But this? This is insanity. To burn the flag of the country that brought us chicas, tacos, Tijuana, Cabo, Oaxacan weed, pinche, and tequila? Ssurely there is a better way? Surely? Virgin Mary, man. Virgin Mary.

10th April 2006 11:10 PM
pdog America won't be destroyed by outside forces... We're doing a good job of destroying ourselves from the inside.
10th April 2006 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of flag burning. I've burned most Islamic flags and all the German ones - pre and post unification.

Sir, I don't care about you burning flags but please stop those commensts about Germany or other countries, this is not cool here. Please stop, you can express whatever you want about illegal immigrants, they do not represent a country at all, you are importing the riff raff, but talking about a country as all are the same and think the same is completly wrong and btw, 100% off topic
10th April 2006 11:16 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
pdog wrote:
America won't be destroyed by outside forces... We're doing a good job of destroying ourselves from the inside.

LOL
10th April 2006 11:29 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
pdog wrote:
America won't be destroyed by outside forces... We're doing a good job of destroying ourselves from the inside.

WTF? Julio Cesar Chavez (possibly the greatest fighter that ever lived) versus that white dude Max they had? Halma Sayek versus Eva Braun? Yeah, you can bet you ass who I'm voting gets in. Like I'd let my kids even be schooled with them others. I don't see "German" in the Constitution anywheres at all. Nowhere to be seen. Seen? Its nowhere.
10th April 2006 11:34 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Sir, I don't care about you burning flags but please stop those commensts about Germany or other countries, this is not cool here. Please stop, you can express whatever you want about illegal immigrants, they do not represent a country at all, you are importing the riff raff, but talking about a country as all are the same and think the same is completly wrong and btw, 100% off topic

Whoops, sorry. I saw this after I posted about the pressing issue of Chavez vs. Braun.

I'll stop. I swear.

You do know that you are always welcome in this country, VooDoo. Always. We love having you here.
10th April 2006 11:44 PM
Riffhard Moonie what exactly is your problem with people of German decent? I mean really what gives? My grandfather,of German decent,was a Presbyterian minister,and the was one of the first "men of cloth" inside Berlin after it fell in WWII.

He was an American that was stationed with the 3rd Army. That was Patton's division. He was there to comfort POWs,and concetration camp survivors. Are you going to lump him in with the goddamned nazis?! Because his family immigrated to America far sooner than yours did I'd wager. I also have alot of English,and Irish blood on my mother's and father's side. Does that mean that they are still nazis as well?

Your hatered of all things German is beyond strange to me. That you paint the entire German population with such a broad brush is bizzare. It's also,of course,not relevant to this thread at all. If it's a joke I sure as hell don't get it.

Riffy

10th April 2006 11:45 PM
gorda I have posted this before, and I will post it again,

People that are well-read and well-traveled are usually not racist. It's people that don't read or haven't had a chance to see the world, those people are usually racist. And, it's all based on ignorance and fear of the unknown.

Also, the younger generations are more open-minded and excepting of other people.

Bottomline: We are all here together and we need to get along and work together. America is a multicultural society. Our diversity is something to be celebrated. Like the colors of a rainbow! So, beautiful! What a boring world if we were all the same!

10th April 2006 11:57 PM
MrPleasant WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE

WE ALL LIVE IN A YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE

YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE

YELLOW SUBMARINE
YELLOW SUBMARINE
11th April 2006 12:08 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Mr. Pleasent, next time try with "Why don't we sing this song all together"
11th April 2006 12:16 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Moonie what exactly is your problem with people of German decent? I mean really what gives? My grandfather,of German decent,was a Presbyterian minister,and the was one of the first "men of cloth" inside Berlin after it fell in WWII.

He was an American that was stationed with the 3rd Army. That was Patton's division. He was there to comfort POWs,and concetration camp survivors. Are you going to lump him in with the goddamned nazis?! Because his family immigrated to America far sooner than yours did I'd wager. I also have alot of English,and Irish blood on my mother's and father's side. Does that mean that they are still nazis as well?

Your hatered of all things German is beyond strange to me. That you paint the entire German population with such a broad brush is bizzare. It's also,of course,not relevant to this thread at all. If it's a joke I sure as hell don't get it.

Riffy

I'm German Jew and Irish Catholic... Yeah! That's right, I get piss drunk and invade peoples parties, then I have so much guilt and shame I confess all my wrong doings to a really fat chick. I have to marry her and spend the rest of my long life eating peanuts on a park bench.

Give us your Tired, Your Poor, Your Huddled Masses !!!
11th April 2006 12:46 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
pdog wrote:

People only want to keep the attractive latinos around?

Finally, an immigration policy we can all get behind!
11th April 2006 12:51 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
On 9/11/01 it took only 19 Islamic radicals to deliver the most vicious terror attack in history.
Riffy

19 legally documented Islamic radicals, I believe.
11th April 2006 12:56 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
gorda wrote:
People that are well-read and well-traveled are usually not racist. It's people that don't read or haven't had a chance to see the world, those people are usually racist. And, it's all based on ignorance and fear of the unknown.

Which explains the prevalence of racism in the USA.
11th April 2006 01:19 AM
Altamont
11th April 2006 01:20 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Moonie what exactly is your problem with people of German decent? I mean really what gives? My grandfather,of German decent,was a Presbyterian minister,and the was one of the first "men of cloth" inside Berlin after it fell in WWII.

I've made America's position clear as to you people several times. I've been asked not to do it again here. We will take this up at the Couch.
11th April 2006 02:13 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Which explains the prevalence of racism in the USA.

What a bullshit thing to say! Have you ever heard of the anti-semetism that is raging in many parts of Europe? Take a look at the Middle East. Do you not think that racism is alive and well there?! About parts of Africa? Racism does not just mean white on black,or white on Hispanic,or white on anything for that matter. It crosses all races,religions,and ethnicities. America is certainly no more,or less,racist than any other nation. To say otherwise shows that you have not traveled much.

Riffy
11th April 2006 02:23 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

19 legally documented Islamic radicals, I believe.

Your point? So I guess we should just not secure our borders because the 9/11 terrorists were legal? I suppose that we should wait until they do cross the borders,and then once they reign death and destruction on an American city then we should act? We know for a fact that Los Angeles is a major terror target. Seems like that would be closing the barn doors after the horses have run free to me. Or gotten in,in this case.

By the way,Mohammed Atta was not legal either. He had been,but his visa had long since expired. Our ineffective INS service at work again!

Riffy
11th April 2006 02:35 AM
pdog
I'm getting an eye inserted into my asshole, so I can see who is fucking me behind my back!
11th April 2006 02:38 AM
Altamont Riffy, I reckon your Stones posts / political posts tally is around 10% / 90%

Let's work on this, buddy!

-
11th April 2006 06:30 AM
Jumping Jack Rallys are great, makes it very easy to round them all up if anyone (rep or dem) had the balls to do it. Sadly, no one cares about those paying the bills and they are too stupid and lazy to protest to protect their interests.

Lazy apathetic yuppie bastards deserve to see their health care costs escalate at double digit rates, have their taxes increased, and have English become a second language.
11th April 2006 10:18 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Altamont wrote:
Riffy, I reckon your Stones posts / political posts tally is around 10% / 90%

Let's work on this, buddy!

-

LOL! Well the Stones are half a world away from me at this point. I only get involved in political posts on threads that are already dedicated to that topic. It's not like I start these threads up. I just won't sit by and read people continually blame the USA for all the world's problems. That is what seems to happen on many of these threads and that is a bullshit thing to do. I mean,"America is full of racists!" That is a horrible thing to say because it's wholly unfounded.

Riffy
11th April 2006 10:32 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Egbert wrote:

All this time I thought she was Asian

Me too! I am obsessed with her either way. I guess we can start discussing land bridge now.
11th April 2006 10:40 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I've got a few mixed emotions

It is a simple reason. With the recent proposal of new immigration laws, many folks who immigrated to the US are not happy, seeing as they will be affected. WHen you take the number of immigrants that are protesting and then take the number of total immigrants, both illegal and legal, living in the US, you will see this is a small portion.

If there were laws in motion that would potentially affect any group, a small sampling of them who is proactive in solving issues will assemble these type of rallys. (see civil rights rallys)
11th April 2006 10:58 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! Well the Stones are half a world away from me at this point. I only get involved in political posts on threads that are already dedicated to that topic. It's not like I start these threads up. I just won't sit by and read people continually blame the USA for all the world's problems. That is what seems to happen on many of these threads and that is a bullshit thing to do. I mean,"America is full of racists!" That is a horrible thing to say because it's wholly unfounded.

Riffy

What he said.
11th April 2006 11:27 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

I just won't sit by and read people continually blame the USA for all the world's problems.

Riffy

I blame the world for all my problems, especially the amount of rain that keeps falling... I also blame the world for the USA's problems... I'm going to blame everyone for all problems especially mine. It's about me today!
Does my fat big ass make these pants look fat?
{{{Sobbing}}}
11th April 2006 11:35 AM
Egbert You added another Bouncy - BLESS YOU!
11th April 2006 11:48 AM
pdog
quote:
Egbert wrote:
You added another Bouncy - BLESS YOU!

When your down this low, up is the only way to go...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)