ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Thanks Estela
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: What's up with all the illegal immigration rallys Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11th April 2006 11:52 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
Egbert wrote:
You added another Bouncy - BLESS YOU!

I noticed too! Sorry to hear that you are having a bad day P, but you made mine.
11th April 2006 11:55 AM
jb We(dems) will make no gains in either house as we have no agenda or clear plan...The rep are already starting the attack with the old higher taxes and raising the white flag scare tactics(see Sen Mitch McConnell on Hannity and colmes last night).
11th April 2006 04:42 PM
Some Guy I drove on the highway past the exit for yesterdays demonstration and was stuck in the worst traffic ever!
My disdain is directed toward the American and Mexican govts. in that order.
11th April 2006 04:45 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
We(dems) will make no gains in either house as we have no agenda or clear plan...The rep are already starting the attack with the old higher taxes and raising the white flag scare tactics(see Sen Mitch McConnell on Hannity and colmes last night).

Both parties have their scare tactics. The Dems' scare tactics are pretty old & worn up by now. The GOP is still somewhat fresh.
11th April 2006 04:52 PM
Some Guy I had beef and bean nachos for lunch
11th April 2006 05:19 PM
glencar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I had beef and bean nachos for lunch

Supermarket sushi!
11th April 2006 05:33 PM
nankerphelge I got stuck in traffic down by the mall yesterday -- man it was crowded and loud.

I agree with Riffy that this really is a border security issue and not an immigration issue. Until we get the border secured, all of this talk about what to do is pointless.

Deport 12 million people and without border security (and enforcement of the immigration laws), they'll come back eventually. Grant amnesty to all 12 million, but fail to secure the borders and enforce the law -- by 2020, we'll be having all this fun again!

Fact is, we cannot afford deport that many people and why should we -- provide them with a way to stay and make them pay their fair share. Not their fault that our government never took enforcement seriously. If I were in their shoes, I would likely have done the same.

11th April 2006 05:43 PM
Some Guy There will be a nation wide demonstration on Monday May 11th that will make us all rue the day.
11th April 2006 05:49 PM
telecaster I saw the Stones on their very last show in Chicago on the end of the "No Security" tour or one of those

They "hit" Chicago for one last show and had to be "wheels up" and headed out of the country by midnight as to not violate their guest worker Visas

They announced the show a week before

The show started early so they could make their plane

Can't blame them for picking up a couple million before they had to leave

Point is, if The Stones have to obey the laws then all guests and non-guests of the US should as well

[Edited by telecaster]
11th April 2006 05:50 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Besides, all the really dangerous Germans got in years ago. We will never get rid of them now. They have infested us like an insidious cancer of invidious sicknessism. See, e.g., Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You need to brush up on your geography there Moonie, as Arnie has the same nationality (pun intended) as Hitler, you see. I'm glad most Americans aren't as ignorant about the world outside the US of A as you seem to be. Speaking in broad generalities has never contributed to anything good.
11th April 2006 06:22 PM
TampabayStone My girl and I spent about 9 months traveling by Jeep thru Mexico and Central America in 2004 and spent about three of them in Mexico trying to purchase a hotel. I can tell you, it was not easy trying to extend our stay. We spent several days in a row at the imigration office (which was about an hour drive each way)trying to get thru their red tape. I am not saying that the hassle drove us back home, but their rules are just as strict over there. BTW,Tulum Mexico is/was as close to paradise as I have ever seen.
11th April 2006 10:47 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You need to brush up on your geography there Moonie, as Arnie has the same nationality (pun intended) as Hitler, you see. I'm glad most Americans aren't as ignorant about the world outside the US of A as you seem to be. Speaking in broad generalities has never contributed to anything good.

Hi beautiful!

I don't distinguish between the two countries.

And speaking in broad generalities (and then swiching to one time dramatic instances) is a common technique on this board. I "learned" it from the Bush geeks, who do it all the time whether they know it or not. Its perfect for its intended purpose.
12th April 2006 02:48 AM
pdog
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I got stuck in traffic down by the mall yesterday -- man it was crowded and loud.

I agree with Riffy that this really is a border security issue and not an immigration issue. Until we get the border secured, all of this talk about what to do is pointless.

Deport 12 million people and without border security (and enforcement of the immigration laws), they'll come back eventually. Grant amnesty to all 12 million, but fail to secure the borders and enforce the law -- by 2020, we'll be having all this fun again!

Fact is, we cannot afford deport that many people and why should we -- provide them with a way to stay and make them pay their fair share. Not their fault that our government never took enforcement seriously. If I were in their shoes, I would likely have done the same.

Right on Nanky, we can't reform something that doesn't exist...
Immigrant labor is a part of our economy and something that can't be undone.
12th April 2006 08:41 AM
Jumping Jack I'll ask the obvious question, if a million Mexicans want to protest, why don't they protest aginst the drug dealers and corrupt government officials in Mexico that makes a country so rich in resources such a shitty place to live?

Seems to me if they want to take over a country they should start with their own.
12th April 2006 08:56 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I don't distinguish between the two countries.

That's sad. They are as different from each other as the USA and Mexico are or South Africa and Japan. Just like all countries. Even Netherlands and Belgium .
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
And speaking in broad generalities (and then swiching to one time dramatic instances) is a common technique on this board.

True, it is. With often funny results!
12th April 2006 09:41 AM
Taptrick
Or perhaps we should adopt identigal immigration laws as Mexico.

12th April 2006 10:52 AM
rasputin56 JB, don't take this the wrong way but...you and your defeatist FOX watchin' ilk are what's wrong with the Dems. I'm sick of these so-called Dems repeating the tired old Republican talking points over and over again. Wake up and start paying attention. And for the love of whatever it is that you deem holy, stop watching Hannity & colmes.

And glencar, fresh? You're kidding, right? The Repubs have been saying the same thing since 1960. Please.

As far as immigration goes, just sit back and watch the Republicans beat each other up over yet another hot button issue that, like Schiavo, is a loser for them.

[Edited by rasputin56]
12th April 2006 11:16 AM
nankerphelge jb, don't worry about Ras-spewin'!

You go right ahead and listen to the defeatists in your party.

12th April 2006 11:21 AM
jb They put an ignorant African_American on Hannity and colmes the other night, and Hannity wiped the floor with him. Also, colmes again apologized for some democratic actions!!! he is suppose to be our "man"...........................<>
12th April 2006 11:23 AM
rasputin56 Dude, I hate to break it to you but...

IT'S FUCKIN' FOXNEWS! YOU EXPECTED WHAT, PHIL DONAHUE PRANCING AROUND? SHEESH...
12th April 2006 11:38 AM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Dude, I hate to break it to you but...

IT'S FUCKIN' FOXNEWS! YOU EXPECTED WHAT, PHIL DONAHUE PRANCING AROUND? SHEESH...

O'reiley , Brit Hume, and Hannity control the airwaves and we are doomed..Franken is not connecting with the moderates we need to win..we are going to lose.!!!!!!!!!!
12th April 2006 11:49 AM
rasputin56 Settle down, Beavis. Fox's ratings are down dramatically over the past year whereas shows like Olberman over on MSNBC have increased. Keep in mind that the only reason that Fox and radio shills like Rush have the ratings they do is because "conservatives" need to be told what and how to think about issues. Progressives on the other hand don't need some moronic, loofa lovin' drug-addled blowhard to tell them how to think.

And the moderates aren't lost. Look at the recent polls. They are sick of the GOP crap they've eaten for the past decade and are starting to wise up.
12th April 2006 11:53 AM
jb
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Settle down, Beavis. Fox's ratings are down dramatically over the past year whereas shows like Olberman over on MSNBC have increased. Keep in mind that the only reason that Fox and radio shills like Rush have the ratings they do is because "conservatives" need to be told what and how to think about issues. Progressives on the other hand don't need some moronic, loofa lovin' drug-addled blowhard to tell them how to think.

And the moderates aren't lost. Look at the recent polls. They are sick of the GOP crap they've eaten for the past decade and are starting to wise up.

I love Olberman..........he hates O'reiley!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12th April 2006 11:53 AM
TampabayStone
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
because "conservatives" need to be told what and how to think about issues.

Now that is funny!
12th April 2006 11:59 AM
jb rasputin56 is a great, new , poster,,,,,,,,,he shall be greeted on mini fall tour!!!
12th April 2006 12:21 PM
telecaster
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
Settle down, Beavis. Fox's ratings are down dramatically over the past year whereas shows like Olberman over on MSNBC have increased. Keep in mind that the only reason that Fox and radio shills like Rush have the ratings they do is because "conservatives" need to be told what and how to think about issues. Progressives on the other hand don't need some moronic, loofa lovin' drug-addled blowhard to tell them how to think.

Olbermans ratings are up? What, now there are two people that watch his show instead of one?
12th April 2006 12:31 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I don't care what your politics are, TV news is pablum at best, propaganda at worst and 80% junk.
12th April 2006 12:51 PM
nankerphelge No one has yet figured out how to get a progressive to think!

That's why their talk radio stations have so much trouble!

12th April 2006 12:53 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No one has yet figured out how to get a progressive to think!

See Big Ed Schultz!!!!!!!!! He speaks for the "little people" .
12th April 2006 01:22 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No one has yet figured out how to get a progressive to think!

Not at all. It's just that "progressives" are used to reading while the talk radio audience prefer to let someone else do their reading and thinking for them.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)