ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: RIFFHARD APPREATION THREAD Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
5th April 2007 08:44 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

And Darrell Issa's visit with Assad today? He doesn't count because because he's from the backwater city of San Diego???
Bless you Riffy!

monkey_man it's not that these Republican idiots are guilt free here. I am not even trying to deny their utter idiocy on this subject. To answer your question though, no it's not the same. It's not even close to the same! Pelosi is the third in line to the presidency to the United States. What she did was just prove to the Islamic world that they can indeed wait us out. She is playing right into the hands of the enemy. Why is it that liberals always convienently forget that the radicals have been saying over and over again that the American people are weak willed and they can wait us out. Pelosi and Co. are just proving them right. It's stunning in it's shortsightedness!

When the Speaker of the House goes into enemy terrortory and claims to speak for the American people she is doing nothing but showing our very real enemy that we are a country devided. That the Left has no problem showing this face to Islam during a time of war with their extreme radical zealotry scares the hell out of me,and it ought to scare all of us.

Riffy
5th April 2007 11:37 PM
Maxlugar Riffy,

I can't believe these scumbags brought politics into your Appreciation Thread.

I always thought RO'ers could put their feelings aside and salute a great Poster every now and then.

Not so sure n'more.

Always your pal,

Maxlugar - Internet Legend/ All around great guy.
5th April 2007 11:46 PM
sirmoonie And wouldn't you fucking know it - Kinks' Around the Dial can no longer be found on youtube.

This is the closest trib I could find.......

5th April 2007 11:46 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Riffy,

I can't believe these scumbags brought politics into your Appreciation Thread.

I always thought RO'ers could put their feelings aside and salute a great Poster every now and then.

Not so sure n'more.

Always your pal,

Maxlugar - Internet Legend/ All around great guy.

It is rather disturbing,no? LOL! If there's one topic I have always tried to avoid on this board it's been politics! Everytime I try and get out they drag me back in!

Thanks old friend! Time for a shark hunt soon,right?

Riffy
6th April 2007 12:27 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

I still do not have much sense of what he believes in or wants to do with the country if president.

Shouldn't we know by now?

George Walker Bush III.
6th April 2007 01:47 AM
Starbuck moonie!

let's make plans to streak the convention next summer. right when dubya shows up to "pass the torch" - no, better yet - right as pawlenty steps to the podium to accept his party's nomination for the vice presidency, you and i can run out of the crowd in front of the cameras and drop our pants, so charles gibson can read the "stones rule you bastards" and "henly is a faggot" tatoos on our buttocks. then we can go the dubliner for some suds and listen to that fat guy play gaelic music.

you in?
6th April 2007 01:48 AM
LadyJane All politics aside (if that were possible)

it makes ME, an American Woman, PROUD, to see Nancy Pelosi, sitting where no FEMALE has EVER sat before.

The Saudi "parliament" must have been choking. I value that.

A great majority of the citizens our current Congress SWORE to represent HATE this war, HATE the tactics of this Administration, and LONG for viable, alternative solutions to problems that have existed for thousands of years.

Is that unrealistic?
Probably so.

This confict is unique and cannot be compared to the appeasement of Hitler. Similarites DO exist, but we certainly learned our lesson some 40 years ago, no?

Sometimes I wonder if the fact that a Woman taking the reins scares some of you.

Just my humble opinion. Feel free to tear me to shreads. I have no doubt that you will. I value that also.

Final point....I love my Country and would DIE to defend the freedoms we have fought to maintain.

"Nanny" Pelosi and "Cankles" Clinton just might feel the same way. Imagine that.

LJ.

6th April 2007 02:01 AM
Starbuck wow....

LJ...you said in a few short sentences what i and the lefties have been saying for months, but shorter, more eloquently and wrapped up in a little bow for all to grasp.

doncha think we need a woman's touch to make it come alive!
6th April 2007 02:06 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
wow....

LJ...you said in a few short sentences what i and the lefties have been saying for months, but shorter, more eloquently and wrapped up in a little bow for all to grasp.

doncha think we need a woman's touch to make it come alive!

Thanks!

It has taken me months to compose my true thoughts.

Rather, it has taken me months to have the courage to speak my mind.

We need to come together...the division is destroying us from within.

LJ.
6th April 2007 02:14 AM
glencar We need to come together? WTF? Why do we need to come together when it's the Dems who are posturing? Why not get united behind our President & let him end this war? I don't have a problem with Nanny Pelosi & Cankles Clintoon (you forgot the extra "o") pressuring the POTUS behind closed doors but this divise foreign policy gambit is a huge smack upside the head.

So, yes, let's come together and get behind president George W. Bush & let's take out those terrorists! You wit' me?
6th April 2007 02:18 AM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Our greatness transcends millennia.

Wow , what a friggn EGO !!!!!!!!!

J. " Snuggle to the Joe " kins !
6th April 2007 02:29 AM
LadyJane The 'WE" in "WE need to come together" are the every day Joe and Mary Schmoe YOU see EVERY day, Blue.

Bush is DONE.

His credibility is GONE.

The USA is divided and divided so deeply it's almost irreparable.

To me, it's AS scary as the Islamofacisicts that want to destroy us. I hate them too, BTW. Most of us "lefties" do. YOu think I'm gonna sit back and watch another 9/11.

Fuck no.

But I'm sure as HELL am NOT gonna bow to "King George" and his idiotic policies. He's mishandled this horribly.

I ain't burning the flag, or abandoning the troops either.

LJ.
6th April 2007 02:36 AM
glencar So...we're not REALLY coming together are we? Or we will but only if I join hands with Nanny Pelosi? I mean, the way you feel about President Bush? That's what I feel about Nanny Pelosi. Except she NEVER had any credibility with me. She was raised by a political hack & a political hack she'll always be. I loathe her.
6th April 2007 02:37 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Wow , what a friggn EGO !!!!!!!!!

J. " Snuggle to the Joe " kins !

Whyn't you posting at Maxy's board?
6th April 2007 02:40 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
So...we're not REALLY coming together are we? Or we will but only if I join hands with Nanny Pelosi? I mean, the way you feel about President Bush? That's what I feel about Nanny Pelosi. Except she NEVER had any credibility with me. She was raised by a political hack & a political hack she'll always be. I loathe her.

see what I mean about "irreparable division"???

Hey....

if YOU and I were under attack personally, we'd DIE for each other.

I know that. So do you.

Sometimes I think politics has poisoned all of us.

I don't want to fight, Blue.

I'd rather fight those scumbag Iranians.

I'm going to the Chat Cave

LJ.

6th April 2007 02:42 AM
glencar I would die 4 U! I'd chat but I'm so tired right now. Happy Easter! And peace out@!
6th April 2007 02:42 AM
pdog My wife told me I can't go to Iraq and drive trucks...

On the politics tip... Just look at my avatar below, Bush sucks! Total idiot, and not b/c he's an idiot, makes him suck. He sucks b/c the entire war effort was based on greedy companies looking to make money in Iraq, and not on securing what should've been a much easier victory for the people of iraq... They contracted out the victory... If all the money we spent, went to our troops, that would be great, but 40% of the money we spent, is wasted on this bullshit contractors... When the military used to do this stuff themselves, at less cost and more efficient... Then there's all the money, that just dissapeared... Money and efficiency are a part of achieving victory... It's called.... DRUM ROLL Mister Watts, VICTORY! There's a reason why Bush is as popular as Nixon was right before he resigned.
[Edited by pdog]
6th April 2007 02:46 AM
LadyJane Pdog..you amaze me.

You straddled both sides of this argument without making enemies....EVER!!!

I think you deserve the RO Peace Prize.

LJ.
6th April 2007 08:22 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Thanks old friend! Time for a shark hunt soon,right?
Riffy

Yes my friend. Yes.

We need four of us. Start saving! We go at the end of June.
6th April 2007 08:27 AM
_Boomy_
6th April 2007 08:30 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

God bless ya SV! One day baby we got to meet! I'm thinking {{{{{SOR}}}}}!!!

Riffy

Count me in for the SOR. Also...a NY-area RO mini-summit when "Shine a Light" (or whatever the title will be) arrives in theaters.

6th April 2007 08:38 AM
Maxlugar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Sometimes I wonder if the fact that a Woman taking the reins scares some of you.

It has nothing to do with that. Give me Margaret Thatcher anytime.

Pelosi just did a run around and dissed Condi Rice, another woman. Another great woman.
[Edited by Maxlugar]
6th April 2007 12:02 PM
glencar LadyJane wrote:

quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

It has nothing to do with that. Give me Margaret Thatcher anytime.

Pelosi just did a run around and dissed Condi Rice, another woman. Another great woman.
[Edited by Maxlugar]

And I don't hear any of us GOPers complaining about Condi Rice. I think we've all grown tired of comments like LJ's. It's originally from a 70's sitcom, I think. We have no problem with women running the world; it actually depends on the sanity of said woman.
6th April 2007 12:02 PM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

Count me in for the SOR. Also...a NY-area RO mini-summit when "Shine a Light" (or whatever the title will be) arrives in theaters.

Capital idea!
6th April 2007 12:11 PM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
Capital idea!

I spoke to SV last night.
I'd consider traveling to NYC for this.
Red carpet summit.

LJ.
6th April 2007 12:24 PM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I spoke to SV last night.
I'd consider traveling to NYC for this.
Red carpet summit.

LJ.

Do we have any idea when this will be?
6th April 2007 01:05 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Bush is DONE.

His credibility is GONE.

Lady Jane ........................

Come to Joey .

'kins , Established 1999
6th April 2007 01:14 PM
Riffhard Pelosi is a stupid bitch that has gone half way around the globe to prove what all conservative Republicans knew yaers ago. Namely that Democrats are concerned with one thing,and one thing only,power. They live for it. This bitch totally undermined the president of the United States strictly for political gain! That she would do this in the midst of a war is fucking disgusting! If you think differntly you are just plain wrong!

Here read this and learn a little something for fuck's sake!!

Illegal Diplomacy
Did Nancy Pelosi commit a felony when she went to Syria?

BY ROBERT F. TURNER
Friday, April 6, 2007 11:30 a.m. EDT

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi may well have committed a felony in traveling to Damascus this week, against the wishes of the president, to communicate on foreign-policy issues with Syrian President Bashar Assad. The administration isn't going to want to touch this political hot potato, nor should it become a partisan issue. Maybe special counsel Patrick Fitzgerald, whose aggressive prosecution of Lewis Libby establishes his independence from White House influence, should be called back.

The Logan Act makes it a felony and provides for a prison sentence of up to three years for any American, "without authority of the United States," to communicate with a foreign government in an effort to influence that government's behavior on any "disputes or controversies with the United States." Some background on this statute helps to understand why Ms. Pelosi may be in serious trouble.

President John Adams requested the statute after a Pennsylvania pacifist named George Logan traveled to France in 1798 to assure the French government that the American people favored peace in the undeclared "Quasi War" being fought on the high seas between the two countries. In proposing the law, Rep. Roger Griswold of Connecticut explained that the object was, as recorded in the Annals of Congress, "to punish a crime which goes to the destruction of the executive power of the government. He meant that description of crime which arises from an interference of individual citizens in the negotiations of our executive with foreign governments."

The debate on this bill ran nearly 150 pages in the Annals. On Jan. 16, 1799, Rep. Isaac Parker of Massachusetts explained, "the people of the United States have given to the executive department the power to negotiate with foreign governments, and to carry on all foreign relations, and that it is therefore an usurpation of that power for an individual to undertake to correspond with any foreign power on any dispute between the two governments, or for any state government, or any other department of the general government, to do it."

Griswold and Parker were Federalists who believed in strong executive power. But consider this statement by Albert Gallatin, the future Secretary of the Treasury under President Thomas Jefferson, who was wary of centralized government: "it would be extremely improper for a member of this House to enter into any correspondence with the French Republic . . . As we are not at war with France, an offence of this kind would not be high treason, yet it would be as criminal an act, as if we were at war." Indeed, the offense is greater when the usurpation of the president's constitutional authority is done by a member of the legislature--all the more so by a Speaker of the House--because it violates not just statutory law but constitutes a usurpation of the powers of a separate branch and a breach of the oath of office Ms. Pelosi took to support the Constitution.

The Supreme Court has spoken clearly on this aspect of the separation of powers. In Marbury v. Madison, Chief Justice John Marshall used the president's authority over the Department of State as an illustration of those "important political powers" that, "being entrusted to the executive, the decision of the executive is conclusive." And in the landmark 1936 Curtiss-Wright case, the Supreme Court reaffirmed: "Into the field of negotiation the Senate cannot intrude, and Congress itself is powerless to invade it."

Ms. Pelosi and her Congressional entourage spoke to President Assad on various issues, among other things saying, "We came in friendship, hope, and determined that the road to Damascus is a road to peace." She is certainly not the first member of Congress--of either party--to engage in this sort of behavior, but her position as a national leader, the wartime circumstances, the opposition to the trip from the White House, and the character of the regime she has chosen to approach make her behavior particularly inappropriate.

Of course, not all congressional travel to, or communications with representatives of, foreign nations is unlawful. A purely fact-finding trip that involves looking around, visiting American military bases or talking with U.S. diplomats is not a problem. Nor is formal negotiation with foreign representatives if authorized by the president. (FDR appointed Sens. Tom Connally and Arthur Vandenberg to the U.S. delegation that negotiated the U.N. Charter.) Ms. Pelosi's trip was not authorized, and Syria is one of the world's leading sponsors of international terrorism. It has almost certainly been involved in numerous attacks that have claimed the lives of American military personnel from Beirut to Baghdad.

The U.S. is in the midst of two wars authorized by Congress. For Ms. Pelosi to flaunt the Constitution in these circumstances is not only shortsighted; it may well be a felony, as the Logan Act has been part of our criminal law for more than two centuries. Perhaps it is time to enforce the law.

http://opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110009908

Then there is this one too! Even the liberal rags know that this bitch has gone WAY too far!!!

Democrats in Congress have been busy flexing their foreign policy muscles almost from the moment they took power in January, for the most part responsibly. But House Speaker Nancy Pelosi crossed a line this week by visiting
Syria, where she met with President Bashar Assad. She violated a long-held understanding that the United States should speak with one official voice abroad - even if the country is deeply divided on foreign policy back home.

Like it or not (and we do not),<----(gee no liberal bias there,huh?-Riffy)
President Bush's policy has been to refuse to negotiate with Syria until it changes its behavior. That behavior is malignant. Syria has long meddled destructively in neighboring Lebanon and is widely seen as the bloody hand behind the 2005 assassination of former Lebanese prime minister Rafik Hariri. Syria has aligned itself with
Iran and supports the violently anti-
Israel groups Hezbollah and Hamas. It foments violence in
Iraq by allowing suicide bombers and jihadists to cross the Syria-Iraq border.

Pelosi surely knew that as speaker - third in the succession line to the presidency - her high-profile presence in Damascus would be read as a contradiction of Bush's no-talk policy. No matter that she claimed to have stuck closely to administration positions in her conversations with Assad, smiling photos of Pelosi and the Syrian president convey the unspoken message that while the U.S. president is unwilling to talk with Syria, another wing of the government is. Assad made good use of the moment.

Also along was House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Tom Lantos, D-Calif., who said the meeting was "only the beginning of our constructive dialogue with Syria, and we hope to build on this visit." That suggested Democrats are going beyond unobjectionable fact-finding and getting-to-know-you conversation into something closer to negotiations, undermining U.S. diplomacy.

If there's any justification for Pelosi's trip, it is that foreign travel by members of Congress is important. Many come to office with little knowledge of the world and soon need to make important decisions about it. This was starkly evident in December when the congressman Pelosi chose to head the critical House Intelligence Committee revealed that he didn't know the difference between Sunnis and Shiites - knowledge critical to understanding Iraq and the war on terrorism.

The speaker presumably is better informed. Pelosi said she made the trip because the bipartisan Iraq Study Group urged greater engagement with Syria. That argument is strengthened by the fact that Assad also got visits this week from several House Republicans, who defied White House requests they not go. "I don't care what the administration says on this," said Rep. Frank Wolf, R-Va. "I want us to be successful in Iraq. I want us to clamp down on Hezbollah."

But Wolf can travel to Syria virtually undetected. Pelosi has an international profile. That guarantees her heavy media coverage but multiplies the price of a misstep, which she quickly made when she created confusion about how eager Israel is to resume peace talks with Syria. Israel immediately clarified her remarks.

Pelosi's office defended her trip by noting that the "administration's cold-shoulder approach has yielded nothing but more Syrian intransigence." As true as that is, the place for Pelosi to make the case is not in Damascus. It's not up to the speaker to unfreeze relations with Assad.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usatoday/20070406/cm_usatoday/pelosistepsoutofbounds

Disgusting! That some in this country admire this power hungry bitch totally astounds me! She is a fucking idiot plain and simple!!!!!!!

Riffy
6th April 2007 02:00 PM
Maxlugar
quote:
glencar wrote:

And I don't hear any of us GOPers complaining about Condi Rice. I think we've all grown tired of comments like LJ's. It's originally from a 70's sitcom, I think. We have no problem with women running the world; it actually depends on the sanity of said woman.

Exactly. The first woman president will be a republican.

6th April 2007 02:04 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote

When the Speaker of the House goes into enemy terrortory and claims to speak for the American people she is doing nothing but showing our very real enemy that we are a country devided. That the Left has no problem showing this face to Islam during a time of war with their extreme radical zealotry scares the hell out of me,and it ought to scare all of us.

Riffy

If Syria is the enemy of this country, why do we send our terror suspects to be interrogated in Syrian jails. Seems like there is some cooperation at some level no?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)