ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 European tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13th March 2007 04:13 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

They have direct from Fort Lauderdale now....I could take British Air or American!!!

But I could tell yer pilot to wish you best wishes!
13th March 2007 04:14 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Portugal got a show last year, so I dont think they'll get one in 2007.

Spain was 0/4 in 2006, so that might be the place to be. I recommend Barcelona. (never been to Madrid myself, though)

If I knew the dates I'd post them - or at least say that Ive been told what they are but asked not to do so, if that was the case. I'm absolutely amazed what little has leaked out. Even the press conference mooted for Thursday isnt confirmed, and various band and crew members dont seem to know much, other than there WILL be a tour and that they'll be rehearsing from May.

Latest rumours suggest a show in Dublin is a strong possibility. Per one of the Dutch sites, the show in that country may be in Nijmegen and not the much-criticised Amsterdam ArenA.

Barcelona would be fine!
13th March 2007 04:15 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thank fuck!

(BTW, he left Spain for the US and I dont happen to be English - but thanks anyway)
[Edited by Gazza]

H3e has chosen to bless our American futbol teams with his greatness and good looks...and as a bonus we get to see the incredibly hot "Posh" Spice ...what a great day for the USA!!
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
But I could tell yer pilot to wish you best wishes!

You have connections at JFK....
glencar "Posh" never smiles! She looks like a nutty bitch. I'm sorry but it must be said!
13th March 2007 04:16 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

You have connections at JFK....

You might say...
13th March 2007 04:17 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Posh" never smiles! She looks like a nutty bitch. I'm sorry but it must be said!

She is extremely hot...on fire!!!!
13th March 2007 04:17 PM
glencar Meh. I'd rather do the black one!
13th March 2007 04:18 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Meh. I'd rather do the black one!

see Eddie Murphy,.
13th March 2007 04:19 PM
glencar Where's that beard thing that Joey has?
13th March 2007 05:15 PM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Erik, where will Stones be Aug 16-19? TIA!

If I knew, I'd post.
13th March 2007 05:32 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
"Posh" never smiles! She looks like a nutty bitch. I'm sorry but it must be said!

She is the most vile, self obsessed 'celebrity' in the universe.

An absolute, no-talent poser, with the sex appeal of a mutant stick insect..
[Edited by Gazza]
13th March 2007 06:04 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

It must be the effects of retirement. She was quite hot and talented in 1998.
13th March 2007 06:06 PM
Gazza It was always a contrived and phoney "hot"
13th March 2007 06:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Gazza .......................................

You are on FIRE !!!!!!!
13th March 2007 06:12 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

i'm suprised she hasnt ate her husband yet, but she doesnt look like she eats much
13th March 2007 09:06 PM
Gazza per a post on Shidoobee, a rumour that the announcement may be delayed until 20th March

http://p081.ezboard.com/Announcement-Delay/fshidoobeewithstonesdougfrm593.showMessage?topicID=15.topic
14th March 2007 12:42 AM
pdog delayed... let's hope they do good with day of show walk up sales....
My chances of making a Europe gig are not loking good either!
14th March 2007 04:52 AM
Pierre March 20 - June 16 (Paris SDF)

Not a too short time to full a such big stadium ? Just a question.
14th March 2007 05:40 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza, when are the Portugal dates? I might like a visit/summit there!

Seems now that Portugal may get a show after all
Lisbon June 25th

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

San Sebastian in Spain now rumoured for June 23rd so maybe the other Spanish dates will be in late June
14th March 2007 05:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Pierre wrote:
March 20 - June 16 (Paris SDF)

very short in my opinion. Even more inexcusable as this date was pretty much known a couple of months ago

I cant see why they didnt do what they normally do - ie, announce the tour, with, says 15-20 dates that are confirmed and then just add in extra dates later. Gives them more chance to sell the tickets.
14th March 2007 07:29 AM
glencar
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

If I knew, I'd post.

Post anyway!
14th March 2007 07:31 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Seems now that Portugal may get a show after all
Lisbon June 25th

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

San Sebastian in Spain now rumoured for June 23rd so maybe the other Spanish dates will be in late June

Thanks for the info. There are still no shows listed between 3 Aug & 25 Aug. Hmmm....
14th March 2007 08:33 AM
Gazza That part of the tour is what intrigues me. Maybe UK will get a few indoor shows? Maybe a couple more shows in an area theyve already visited? (Germany, Spain) Or else they'll keep a week free to make up some of the inevitable postponements.

As far as June-July goes, if that list is close to accurate and considering their routine tends to be about 3 shows a week for 4 weeks or so, and then a week off, I cant see a window for all these theatre shows that have been talked about. Everything rumoured so far seems to be stadiums.

Seems that the following schedule wont be far off the mark :

June - Germany, Isle of Wight Festival (UK), France, Spain, Portugal + maybe Italy after that?

July - South East Europe (Greece, Yugoslavia) and Eastern Europe. Maybe a couple of others.

August - Scandinavia, Belgium, Holland, British Isles.
14th March 2007 09:16 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Pierre wrote:
March 20 - June 16 (Paris SDF)

The'y won t fill it again, for sure.
it wasn t sold out last year and it won t be this year.
2 shows in 2 years are too much for paris fans.
14th March 2007 09:16 AM
Gazza Radio Veronica in Holland are today reporting that the press conference will indeed be tomorrow.

However, the Evening Standard newspaper in London reported yesterday that Mick is in the Maldives at some socialite's birthday bash, so things remain a bit confusing.

If its tomorrow, I'm surprised there hasnt been more advance confirmation and media stories about it by now.
14th March 2007 09:18 AM
Gazza will you be going to Lyon, Ju?
14th March 2007 09:56 AM
GotToRollMe From Romania's Nine O'Clock:

http://www.nineoclock.ro/index.php?page=detalii&categorie=culture&id=20070313-504254

Legendary Rolling Stones to play in Bucharest in July
by George Grigoriu

The biggest issue to organisers is the location, as the band is bringing a 'three-storey high' stage.

BUCHAREST - The Rolling Stones are having a concert in Romania, invited by a mobile telephony operator, and an advertising agency is already working on the event promotion campaign. The concert has been scheduled to take place on July 14.

Sources from the Romanian advertising market have told Mediafax news agency that Vodafone Romania had already contacted the advertising agency it regularly works with - McCann Erickson in order to initiate an important promotion campaign.

The quoted sources say that, after setting the date, the only pending issue for Vodafone will be the choice of the location, since the stage the band will bring along is huge, being 'around three-storey high'. An option so far is the Constitution Square in Bucharest.

There have been rumours that the Rolling Stones might have a concert in Bucharest this summer since the end of 2006.

The Rolling Stones history begins in London, in 1962, when Brian Jones, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards founded the band who started with blues and rock'n'roll, and continued with many other genres including reggae and disco.

The band has released dozens of albums of original work and compilations, and has had 37 top-ten singles. In 1989 the Rolling Stones were included into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and in 2004 the band was ranked #4 in Rolling Stone Magazine's 100 Greatest Artists of All Time.

During the career of The Rolling Stones, Mick Jagger (singer) and Keith Richards (guitarist and singer) remained the core of the band. In 2005, the Rolling Stones released their new album - 'A Bigger Bang' followed by a tour that began in August 2005, and visited North America, South America, East Asia.

-----------------------------------------------------------

http://www.eitb24.com/new/en/B24_39483/entertainment/JULY-14-JUNE-23-Lou-Reed-Rolling-Stones-could-visit-Basque/

Lou Reed, Rolling Stones could visit the Basque Country in summer
03/14/2007

EiTB's music website egaztea confirmed Lou reed could play live in the Basque town of Tolosa next July 14. The Rolling Stones might also visit the Basque Country this June.

You might never forget this summer if you live in the Basque Country and love rock music. Egaztea, the music website of the Basque public media group EiTB, reported Wednesday Lou Reed could play live in July in the Basque town of Tolosa, whereas The Rolling Stones might also visit the Basque Country in June.

Lou Reed's concert could take place next July 14 in the bullring of Tolosa. The New York musician announces this week his European tour to launch his new album Berlin. Tolosa, if confirmed as tour city, would join Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris, London, Lyon, Rome and Arezzo.

The Rolling Stones in Anoeta stadium

Basque Country's Diario Vasco reported in its Wednesday edition The Rolling Stones might play live in Donostia-San Sebastian in the Anoeta Velodrome next June 23. If confirmed, it will be the first performance of "their satanic majesties" in the Gipuzkoan capital city.

This gig would fall within a European summer tour, which some sources say will be announced March 15 or Monday 19.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
14th March 2007 10:15 AM
F505 I couldn't care less.
14th March 2007 10:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:
will you be going to Lyon, Ju?

this one or Barcelona Gazza, and probably with miss Mc Fly!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)