ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 European tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
15th March 2007 08:35 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Gazza wrote:
more significantly states that the tour will start in Barcelona on Saturday May 27th

Long holiday weekend in the U.S.

Perfect for a quick trip to Spain!

.....Tingle........

15th March 2007 08:58 PM
Gazza Holiday weekend here and my birthday weekend too!

Flying from the UK to Spain in the summer is a bit expensive though at such short notice.
[Edited by Gazza]
15th March 2007 08:59 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

I do not see them breaking 500 million..they will, however, break 350 million.

Depends on how long the tour is but I think I heard a rumored figure of 300 million for the guarantee.
15th March 2007 09:21 PM
pdog
quote:
Dan wrote:

Depends on how long the tour is but I think I heard a rumored figure of 300 million for the guarantee.

damn!
15th March 2007 10:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
This story reports a possible show in Budva,Montenegro, but possibly more significantly states that the tour will start in Barcelona on Saturday May 27th (ironically, the same date that the tour was supposed to begin in Madrid last year)

http://www.visit-montenegro.com/article910.htm (thanks to Sandy Beach on IORR for the link)

FC Espanol - who play at the Olympic Stadium - are away from home that weekend, so the stadium is free that day.

[Edited by Gazza]

I like howe Barcelona is dropped in there as perfunctory info. I think I might have taken that weekend off; must look into when I next go to work.
16th March 2007 05:13 AM
Jacques Lyon confirmed on June 18th. Of course still rumoured. Don't forget, last Lyon was booked and they cancelled later.
16th March 2007 07:11 AM
egon i could do lyon i guess.
and barcelona, cos they still owne me one there
and i can stand on a crappy field in nijmegen too.
16th March 2007 07:15 AM
Jacques Hope to meet you egon in Lyon and Barcelona. Hope to go to Wembley too
16th March 2007 07:17 AM
egon
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Hope to meet you egon in Lyon and Barcelona. Hope to go to Wembley too

replied to PM :-)

16th March 2007 08:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I like howe Barcelona is dropped in there as perfunctory info. I think I might have taken that weekend off; must look into when I next go to work.

Warning : The postponement/cancellation percentage for Stones shows in Spain on every tour since 1998 is pretty high!

Its no wonder that a couple of days ago the city council in Valladolid (where they cancelled at short notice last August) flat-out refused to bid for a Stones gig there again this summer. I think theres still a lot of bad feeling over the cancellation of that show and the one in El Ejido, as the opinion of a lot of folks there seemed to be that they pulled those shows so as not to jeopardise the more high profile gigs in London a few days later.

If they cancel any gigs there this year again, they'll have to be smuggled out of the country...
16th March 2007 09:36 AM
jostorm Pues que se jodan, los hijos de puta!

Ole!

They deserve the worst attitude possible from the Spaniards, they have always been one of the best crowds and have gotten only shit from the Stones camp, whatever the reasons....

And Ole again!
16th March 2007 12:55 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Barcelona on Saturday May 27th (ironically, the same date that the tour was supposed to begin in Madrid last year)

Barcelona, not Madrid.
16th March 2007 12:58 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Barcelona, not Madrid.

58k?
16th March 2007 01:01 PM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:

58k?

JB, my friend:

It's now how many are there, but WHOM..
16th March 2007 01:53 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Warning : The postponement/cancellation percentage for Stones shows in Spain on every tour since 1998 is pretty high!

Its no wonder that a couple of days ago the city council in Valladolid (where they cancelled at short notice last August) flat-out refused to bid for a Stones gig there again this summer. I think theres still a lot of bad feeling over the cancellation of that show and the one in El Ejido, as the opinion of a lot of folks there seemed to be that they pulled those shows so as not to jeopardise the more high profile gigs in London a few days later.

If they cancel any gigs there this year again, they'll have to be smuggled out of the country...

If they don't announce a show in Valladolid this summer, what happens to all those outstanding tix?
16th March 2007 02:01 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
If they don't announce a show in Valladolid this summer, what happens to all those outstanding tix?

They will be sold at a reduced price of 50% to the poor children in Africa is what I heard.
16th March 2007 02:04 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

They will be sold at a reduced price of 50% to the poor children in Africa is what I heard.

With ticket prices around 120 euro, that would be 60. That is more than an entire African family makes in about 4.5 years...
16th March 2007 02:05 PM
Angiegirl So? It's the Stones man...
16th March 2007 02:10 PM
glencar Bono started a program here to help the Africans called (red) which has resulted in companies spending more on advertising the program than any money that gets to Africa.
16th March 2007 02:14 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Bono started a program here to help the Africans called (red) which has resulted in companies spending more on advertising the program than any money that gets to Africa.

Yeah, I didn't get that either. But hey, it's Bono.
16th March 2007 02:16 PM
glencar The companies amke themsleves look good, Bono looks good, little kids still go hungry. I guess some get food though...
17th March 2007 05:19 PM
Pierre Hope they will play in Lyon (2h30 car from home), would be fantastic. Won't go to Paris.
17th March 2007 05:37 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:

The shows last summer were firstly postponed and then cancelled a couple of weeks later, with refunds given - so no one has any tickets from any of last year's concerts.
17th March 2007 07:31 PM
Mr Jurkka I hope they make a visit in Finland! They were last time on Licks tour.. i've waited now about 6 years for their gig in Finland.
18th March 2007 11:49 AM
Jacques Hi everybody
special announcement today on French Nostalgie radio, which is one of the sponsors of the RS in France.
" Nostalgie event today" , the Rolling Stones in France for 2 shows Stade de France Paris on June 16th and Lyon stade Gerland on June 18th confirmed.

that could mean Barcelona will not take place on 19th June, maybe we can expect an opening concert in Barcelona end of may, we would like it ....

hope to meet a lot of you there.
18th March 2007 09:26 PM
glencar Merci!
22nd March 2007 04:02 AM
Jacques Hi
Nostalgie radio today confirmed the dates for France.
Tickets to be sold on next wednesday 28th
22nd March 2007 05:17 AM
Jacques Here is the French poster

Source : The World Is Stones
22nd March 2007 06:27 AM
egon
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Holiday weekend here and my birthday weekend too!

Flying from the UK to Spain in the summer is a bit expensive though at such short notice.
[Edited by Gazza]

www.ryanair.fuckingscum ?
22nd March 2007 06:28 AM
egon Jumy!

You,

Me,

Nice

???
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)