ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 European tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
6th March 2007 12:04 PM
Saint Sway I fear the worst
6th March 2007 12:06 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
a "new" concept, it said in a newspaper story a few weeks ago, so I assume its not that one.

With the new concept being give less for more.............on a positive note, my rectal surgery went well.
6th March 2007 12:09 PM
Gazza Ah well, if they play the UK the shows will be all-seated, so that might be to your benefit at least
6th March 2007 12:24 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

on a positive note, my rectal surgery went well.

7th March 2007 07:26 AM
Jacques Confirmed today on Nostalgie radio, Paris 16th and Lyon 18TH
7th March 2007 07:48 AM
jostorm jb wrote:
............on a positive note, my rectal surgery went well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You mean your proctologist actually FOUND your head?????
7th March 2007 07:49 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Confirmed today on Nostalgie radio, Paris 16th and Lyon 18TH

Good for Lyon.
thanks for the update Jacques
7th March 2007 08:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jacques wrote:
Confirmed today on Nostalgie radio, Paris 16th and Lyon 18TH

18th of June, and not 17th July??
7th March 2007 10:26 AM
Joey " You mean your proctologist actually FOUND
your head?????"

7th March 2007 05:09 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

18th of June, and not 17th July??

Is there a list of dates?
7th March 2007 05:23 PM
Gazza Not officially, but theres a rough guide on IORR here :

http://iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

Lots more gaps and additions to come of course.

The only one that has been announced publicly and seems a cast-iron certainty so far is Paris

The rumoured date for Gothernburg for Midsummers weekend now seems to have been moved to August 3rd.
[Edited by Gazza]
7th March 2007 05:27 PM
glencar I hope they go a bit longer. I'd like to see them ONE LAST TIME!
7th March 2007 05:48 PM
pdog Fall USA 2007...
7th March 2007 05:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
pdog wrote:
Fall USA 2007...

Fall 2008 more likely
7th March 2007 05:56 PM
GotToRollMe This is making me very, very distoibed...
11th March 2007 09:55 AM
PartyDoll MEG Gazza must still be sleeping..... Found this on IORR..

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,665657

Press Conference Thursday...FINALLY???!!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
11th March 2007 11:39 AM
FotiniD Wow, good news -if they're true. It's about time!
11th March 2007 12:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Gazza must still be sleeping..... Found this on IORR..

Yay! Here's hoping. I'd expected something to be announced by last week, as I've heard that negotiations were pretty much completed, so this makes perfect sense.

I do find the reports of them playing possibly ten club shows to be a bit far fetched however.

It mentions twelve countries - already strongly rumoured are UK, Poland, Sweden, Belgium, France, Spain, Italy, Germany, Greece, Croatia, Serbia and Romania. Maybe theyre just using already available internet rumours to quantify that statement but I'd expect a few more (Netherlands, Czech Republic and Russia, surely - Ireland is also a possibility according to a recent radio report).

The story mentions theatre/club shows such as the Paradiso in Amsterdam and the Grand Rex in Paris. Hopefully what theatre shows there are will be announced early on and not at the last minute.

[Edited by Gazza]
11th March 2007 01:22 PM
GotToRollMe I can't breathe! Somebody, anybody...oxygen, please!

11th March 2007 02:21 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The story mentions theatre/club shows such as the Paradiso in Amsterdam and the Grand Rex in Paris.

Uh-huh...

Like the incredible amount of club shows that was promised by Cohl during PC from last tour, um sorry: first part of this tour.

If there's gonna be 1 in that whole Euro leg, I still will be surprised.
11th March 2007 02:56 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
egon wrote: ... Maybe even stand on a few streetcorners at night;
who knows what that might bring me...

11th March 2007 04:15 PM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Gazza must still be sleeping..... Found this on IORR..

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]

I can't read whatever language that was but soemone on the thread says there will be 10 club gigs & the Stones are trying to boost ABB sales!
11th March 2007 04:21 PM
Gazza The radio story mentioned 10 club shows, but I'd take that with a pretty huge grain of salt to be honest.

I would take great pleasure in being proved wrong, however
[Edited by Gazza]
11th March 2007 04:23 PM
glencar Those numbers usually get cut in half (or so it seems) so maybe 5 club gigs?
11th March 2007 04:45 PM
Gazza Well on the US tour, they didnt happen at all, even though Cohl mentioned the prices for them at the press conference and when you joined rs.com it mentioned the ticket limits for them for any presales (which never happened as neither RCMH or the Beacon had standard fan club presales the way that the Licks theatre shows had)

The tour will probably run from early June to late August. If tickets are going on sale in mid-late March, theres no way on earth theyre going to be able to fill stadiums for 3 months (30 shows or so) at those prices and at that short notice, especially as they have waited to announce them after everyone else has done so and added to the fact that they have toured in several of these markets less than a year ago. Some smaller shows (arenas and/or theatres) in that time frame makes sense logistically - even if it doesnt economically, if the Stones are going to continue with their "win the gross at all costs" mentality.

Five theatre shows seems a stretch to me. I'll be surprised if theres more than a couple, although as they'll have been off the road for six months before it starts, its quite possible they might feel the need to play one or two before the tour starts to knock themselves into shape
12th March 2007 02:20 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Five theatre shows seems a stretch to me. I'll be surprised if theres more than a couple, although as they'll have been off the road for six months before it starts, its quite possible they might feel the need to play one or two before the tour starts to knock themselves into shape

Hmmmpff.

To the Stones: deliver the goods and I'll cheer right along again.

But they made me cynical in the first place and I don't connect 'making sense' to the Stones anymore. In fact, I haven't done that for a decade. But if they play a club near me, I'll make an effort to be there, of course.

'Het bloed kruipt waar het niet gaan kan.'
12th March 2007 02:30 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The radio story mentioned 10 club shows

can you tarp a club?
12th March 2007 02:35 PM
Joey "'Het bloed kruipt waar het niet gaan kan.'"
12th March 2007 02:35 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

can you tarp a club?

You are on fire !
12th March 2007 02:38 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Joey wrote:
"'Het bloed kruipt waar het niet gaan kan.'"

[Edited by Angiegirl]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)