ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 European tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
22nd March 2007 01:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Thanks...many shows in Spain!!! Where are they playing in London?

Try scrolling down...
22nd March 2007 01:53 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Try scrolling down...

Oh...missed that!! How many seats???
22nd March 2007 01:54 PM
Gazza 20,000

Its reopening in July. Your pal Timberlake is playing the first show there.

The Stones will probably add extra shows I would think.
22nd March 2007 01:59 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

My pal, Mick's pal, Keith's pal....with 20k , I see 2 shows.
22nd March 2007 02:04 PM
jb
quote:
mojoman wrote:

hope they add another show. i just cant justify going without seeing two shows especially since it looks like the hotels have jumped up in price since the last time i checked a few days ago....

I would think they can sell 30k tickets....probably 2 shows of 14-17k. If I go, I want to stay at the Excelsior....
22nd March 2007 02:05 PM
mojoman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

hope they add a second i cant justify going unless i see two shows. the package has gone up fifty percent since i checked last week!!!
22nd March 2007 02:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

My pal, Mick's pal, Keith's pal....with 20k , I see 2 shows.

The venue apparently can hold up to 23,000 (largest indoor venue in Europe) but with the Stones massive stage, it'll probably be a couple of thousand less

The rumour before the shows were confirmed were for an indoor show at Wembley Arena on 25th August.

Look at it this way. They have 2 days off before Slane and another 2 days off before London. That seems a longer than usual pair of breaks if the final show is going to be on August 21st. Added to that is a four day break between August 8th and 13th. I think they'll play 23rd and 25th too. I'm hoping so, anyway.
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 02:30 PM
Saint Sway they were taking 5 day breaks on the last go round
22nd March 2007 02:34 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The venue apparently can hold up to 23,000 (largest indoor venue in Europe) but with the Stones massive stage, it'll probably be a couple of thousand less

The rumour before the shows were confirmed were for an indoor show at Wembley Arena on 25th August.

Look at it this way. They have 2 days off before Slane and another 2 days off before London. That seems a longer than usual pair of breaks if the final show is going to be on August 21st. Added to that is a four day break between August 8th and 13th. I think they'll play 23rd and 25th too. I'm hoping so, anyway.
[Edited by Gazza]

They sold out twice last time with over 100k ....I would imagine they can still sell 30-40k tickets even w/the same show...the fact that it is indoors is a plus for those traveling across the pond. I will consider an appearance if
current political conditions warrant same.
22nd March 2007 02:45 PM
Mr Jimmy gazza... or anyone...

do you know what ticket agency would handle the sales for the o2 arena show, or at least a guess? i know the pre-sale link and code will be through rs.com but i want to set up an account on the likely ticket agent for a smoother attempt at buying a ticket during the legacy pre-sale... every second counts!
22nd March 2007 02:46 PM
Gazza www.ticketmaster.co.uk
22nd March 2007 02:50 PM
jb 85 pounds is the equivalent of $167 dollars. 85 Euros $113.
[Edited by jb]
22nd March 2007 02:57 PM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Gazza wrote:
www.ticketmaster.co.uk

thank you sir
22nd March 2007 02:59 PM
Gazza Youre welcome but be forewarned regarding their utter incompetence regarding sending tickets overseas in adequate time.

They should relocate their site to www.dipshits.com
22nd March 2007 03:08 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Youre welcome but be forewarned regarding their utter incompetence regarding sending tickets overseas in adequate time.

They should relocate their site to www.dipshits.com

How long to reach Belfast?
22nd March 2007 03:12 PM
FotiniD Feel a little better now, but I am going to call the local promoter tomorrow and give them a hard time Thanks for the support you guys. Hope I'm not nagging too much.

Very happy for all my European friends who're getting shows in their neighborhood! Jacques, Ju, Angie, Fabio, Egon, Gazza + anyone I'm forgetting! Thrilled for you

I'm still carrying a vibe that tells me I'm getting a gig close at home this year. Not letting it go
22nd March 2007 03:13 PM
Gazza I dont live "overseas", so first class should take a day.
22nd March 2007 03:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Feel a little better now, but I am going to call the local promoter tomorrow and give them a hard time Thanks for the support you guys. Hope I'm not nagging too much.

Very happy for all my European friends who're getting shows in their neighborhood! Jacques, Ju, Angie, Fabio, Egon, Gazza + anyone I'm forgetting! Thrilled for you

I'm still carrying a vibe that tells me I'm getting a gig close at home this year. Not letting it go

I think so far of the shows that were cancelled, Poland, Croatia and Greece havent got a new date.

Montenegro is a strange one. "Jaz Beach". What kind of place is that. A free show? See here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budva_Riviera_%28region%29#Jaz

My guess (again) is that this show is taking place instead of Zagreb, as Montenegro borders Croatia, as well as Serbia.

It could simply be that Athens was moved at short notice to accommodate the Rome gig, because that show was rumoured to take place either as the tour opener or in late June, and they just havent got a new date in time for today's announcement.
22nd March 2007 03:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
they were taking 5 day breaks on the last go round

Not every couple of weeks, though (unless there were cancellations)

At the minute its 27 shows in 11 weeks. Its hardly a punishing schedule lets face it.
22nd March 2007 03:21 PM
jb Good luck FotinD...you seem like a nice young man and we hope you get a show....Athens is, after all, the cradle of civilization, and it would be only fitting for them to return there on this final tour....
22nd March 2007 03:22 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Not every couple of weeks, though (unless there were cancellations)

At the minute its 27 shows in 11 weeks. Its hardly a punishing schedule lets face it.

dudes are old
22nd March 2007 03:23 PM
FotiniD Gazza, you give me hope

JB, lol I sure hope they do come for a gig, but you know me, always hoping it ain't the last!
22nd March 2007 03:26 PM
jb
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Gazza, you give me hope

JB, lol I sure hope they do come for a gig, but you know me, always hoping it ain't the last!

....you can travel if all else fails. I was in Greece in 1976, and it was amazing to see history before your eyes. Keep the faith and or start saving for a road trip....
22nd March 2007 03:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

dudes are old

^ post dedicate in loving memory to Some Guy
(M.I.A. since Paul Shafer began playing "Why Cant This Be Love" 3/12/2007)
22nd March 2007 03:52 PM
wisertime Werchter as the opening Tour show, nice. If I can, I'll go without tickets, always easy to find cheap ones there.
22nd March 2007 03:55 PM
Jacques Fotini
if you decide to come to France, you're welcome and pleased to meet you and help you.
22nd March 2007 05:03 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Good luck FotinD...you seem like a nice young man and we hope you get a show....Athens is, after all, the cradle of civilization, and it would be only fitting for them to return there on this final tour....

Isn't Fotini a girl/woman/lady/female????
22nd March 2007 05:09 PM
glencar AOL Arena in Hamburg? No stadium show there...
22nd March 2007 05:12 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

They sold out twice last time with over 100k ....I would imagine they can still sell 30-40k tickets even w/the same show...the fact that it is indoors is a plus for those traveling across the pond. I will consider an appearance if
current political conditions warrant same.

Mick's hair looks fine. You had a rough posting day today!
22nd March 2007 05:23 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Feel a little better now, but I am going to call the local promoter tomorrow and give them a hard time Thanks for the support you guys. Hope I'm not nagging too much.

Fotini..I know it's hard but keep thinkin' positive thoughts!! Stones Machine do not disappoint my friend again!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)