ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

© Fin Costello with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2007 European tour !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
14th March 2007 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

this one or Barcelona Gazza, and probably with miss Mc Fly!!

Hello Baby Juma ......

Juma ....... Juma , Juma !!!!!

The Walrus !
14th March 2007 02:22 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Per one of the Dutch sites, the show in that country may be in Nijmegen and not the much-criticised Amsterdam ArenA.

Dear Jebus, Goffert Park is a sloped field and hell to travel to and the ArenA is a bath tub. Replacing one shithole with the next. Nice!

And I just KNEW they wouldn't be in Barcelona the first 2 weeks of July, which is when I'll be near there for my summer vacation. Damn them. DAMN THEM!

So at what time do we expect them to do the PC tomorrow, and from where?
14th March 2007 02:29 PM
Pierre quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pierre wrote:
March 20 - June 16 (Paris SDF)

Not a too short time to full a such big stadium ? Just a question.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

very short in my opinion. Even more inexcusable as this date was pretty much known a couple of months ago

I cant see why they didnt do what they normally do - ie, announce the tour, with, says 15-20 dates that are confirmed and then just add in extra dates later. Gives them more chance to sell the tickets.

Thanks Gazza
[Edited by Pierre]
14th March 2007 02:30 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Dear Jebus, Goffert Park is a sloped field and hell to travel to and the ArenA is a bath tub. Replacing one shithole with the next. Nice!

And I just KNEW they wouldn't be in Barcelona the first 2 weeks of July, which is when I'll be near there for my summer vacation. Damn them. DAMN THEM!

Someone on shidooobbbeee alleges that the PC has been pushed back to 20 March.
14th March 2007 04:02 PM
bitotas
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Seems now that Portugal may get a show after all
Lisbon June 25th

http://www.iorr.org/tour05/tour07.htm

San Sebastian in Spain now rumoured for June 23rd so maybe the other Spanish dates will be in late June

Just crossed that week on my calendar. Hope I won't have to reopen it on 20th.

14th March 2007 04:38 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

1. Nijmegen is only a rumour on stonesforum. Its not confirmed

2. see other posts on this thread. No one knows if there will be an announcement tomorrow, let alone where its from. I think we'd have heard something solid by now, which makes me think next week is more likely.
14th March 2007 05:19 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I think we'd have heard something solid by now, which makes me think next week is more likely.

Well, as long as they mail me my 10 free Pradiso tickets on time, I'm ok with it.
14th March 2007 05:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Well, as long as they mail me my 10 free Pradiso tickets on time, I'm ok with it.

You will be the most popular girl around! Not that you weren't popular already...
14th March 2007 05:38 PM
Saint Sway any clue to what the latest scam will be??

* Below Stage Seating?

* Deluxe Legacy Membership?

* Senior Discounts?

I'm thinking Cohl will announce that fans will be able to have a copy of the set list sent to their Blackberry each night for $200 subscriber fee

14th March 2007 05:39 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm thinking Cohl will announce that fans will be able to have a copy of the set list sent to their Blackberry each night for $200 subscriber fee

Fans...hmmmm....
15th March 2007 10:47 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
any clue to what the latest scam will be??

* Below Stage Seating?

* Deluxe Legacy Membership?

* Senior Discounts?

I think you're on to something! MC has to think of *something* to sell more tickets in Europe. They'll be lucky to sell 40% of the tickets for the boring stadium sets. Seen it, done it.
15th March 2007 10:53 AM
jb One thing is certain, that a Dutch show will not sell very well....they must move it to an arena for any resemblance of a audience.
15th March 2007 10:55 AM
Jumacfly I bet Paris will be wide open.(Hi Joey!!!)
15th March 2007 10:57 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I bet Paris will be wide open.(Hi Joey!!!)

agreed..last time not bad (53k?)..but I expect 30-4ok this time.
15th March 2007 11:05 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

agreed..last time not bad (53k?)..but I expect 30-4ok this time.

Not more.
they should consider that France is not only Paris.
they did 75k in Montpellier for the VL tour for example.
15th March 2007 11:07 AM
jb
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Not more.
they should consider that France is not only Paris.
they did 75k in Montpellier for the VL tour for example.

agreed...maybe they should have Bon Jovi open up again?
15th March 2007 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I bet Paris will be wide open.(Hi Joey!!!)

Babe ?!

Baby Juma ?!

Juma ...... Juma Juma ...... Juma

15th March 2007 11:13 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
jb wrote:

agreed...maybe they should have Bon Jovi open up again?

Good idea jb!!
the Police , RHCP and genesis (WTF??) will play in Paris this summer too.Will be hard to fill this year for the Stones!
15th March 2007 11:15 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

Babe ?!

Baby Juma ?!

Juma ...... Juma Juma ...... Juma

Hi Baby!!!

15th March 2007 11:29 AM
Joey
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

What we drinkin' tonight ?!

" Jaggerbombs " ...
15th March 2007 12:30 PM
Gazza Portuguese newspaper story reports that the press conference announcing the 2007 European tour will take place on Thursday 22nd March

Link here (in Portuguese) : http://blitz.aeiou.pt/gen.pl?p=stories&op=view&fokey=bz.stories/5403&sid=bz.sections/35

It seems now that the show in Rome, rumoured to take place in June, will be in July.

The show in Madrid seems to be June 21st, so that part of the tour seems to be falling together nicely (all unconfirmed as yet of course) :

June 7 - Nijmegen
June 10 - Isle of Wight Festival
June 16 - Paris
June 18 - Lyon
June 21 - Madrid
June 23 - San Sebastian
June 25 - Lisbon

I think the shows prior to Nijmegen will be in Germany, and maybe Barcelona will be after Lisbon. It would probably make logistical sense to have the Belgian show before Paris.

All of these shows are outdoors. Dont see too many opportunities in the first 6-7 weeks of this tour for theatre shows. I guess that talk was the usual pre-tour hype bullshit.

[Edited by Gazza]
15th March 2007 12:35 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
All of these shows are outdoors. Dont see too many opportunities in the first 6-7 weeks of this tour for theatre shows. I guess that talk was the usual pre-tour hype bullshit.

yup. Same old lies.

like "student discounts" and "tribute night"

I predict ZERO club dates

15th March 2007 12:39 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

You're a seer. I can tell.
15th March 2007 12:41 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

You're a seer. I can tell.

what can I say? its a gift

I try and use if for good and not evil
15th March 2007 12:59 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

yup. Same old lies.

like "student discounts" and "tribute night"

In fairness, on this occasion it was a journalist who said there would be club shows.

The Stones organisation havent even said yet that there will be a tour, let alone promise club shows.

So, give it a few days and Cohl and co. will have invented a few fresh lies for us to be cynical about.
15th March 2007 01:37 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It would probably make logistical sense to have the Belgian show before Paris.

Brussels/Werchter rumoured for August.
They will probably play in Düsseldorf around June 12-13.
15th March 2007 01:42 PM
glencar A whole week more for details? They WANT to kill their sales!
15th March 2007 01:43 PM
jb
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

Brussels/Werchter rumoured for August.
They will probably play in Düsseldorf around June 12-13.

thanks Swedish Erik....unfortunately, looks like you get the cheapo stage
15th March 2007 01:45 PM
glencar Joshy, Aug 15-20 is good for me. And you?
15th March 2007 01:46 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Joshy, Aug 15-20 is good for me. And you?

depends on kids camp schedule....wife is all for europe . I made more this year than last!!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)