ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the hypocrisy of Al Gore (what a shock) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
27th February 2007 01:36 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

FUCK HILLARY!
I see a Gore/Obama ticket...
Rudy/McCain ticket....
Ihope so, maybe we can begin to get some real change, debate and some effective leadership...

Me thinks there will be a Clinton/Obama ticket vs. Rudy (McCain?)/Rice ticket. . . .
27th February 2007 01:36 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

FUCK HILLARY!
I see a Gore/Obama ticket...
Rudy/McCain ticket....
Ihope so, maybe we can begin to get some real change, debate and some effective leadership...

Do not vote republican if you seek real change. Also, as much as some would like it, Gore is not going to jump in..he has it too good now..the poster boy for the left, a star in Hollywood, and making a ton of cash. You may not like her, but please vote for Hillary , as she is the only candidate sensible enough to get us out of Iraq, face down the Iranians, and prevent the righties from further infringing on our civil liberties.
27th February 2007 01:39 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Do not vote republican if you seek real change. Also, as much as some would like it, Gore is not going to jump in..he has it too good now..the poster boy for the left, a star in Hollywood, and making a ton of cash. You may not like her, but please vote for Hillary , as she is the only candidate sensible enough to get us out of Iraq, face down the Iranians, and prevent the righties from further infringing on our civil liberties.

RIGHT ON! (see: sig)

also... http://www.moveon.org
27th February 2007 01:40 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Me thinks there will be a Clinton/Obama ticket vs. Rudy (McCain?)/Rice ticket. . . .

Condi showed her Neo-con ignorance when comparing Iraq and Saddam to WWII and Hitler...
27th February 2007 01:46 PM
jb I think Condi has been a huge disappointment. The problem, of course, is that she has let her unbridled loyalty to Bush get in the way of giving him information he may not like to hear...You know, a "yes" woman(see those surrounding the Rolling Stones)
27th February 2007 01:51 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

Condi showed her Neo-con ignorance when comparing Iraq and Saddam to WWII and Hitler...

----------------------------------------------------------
When my friend William was five years old
He wanted a doll, to hug and hold
"A doll," said William, "is what I need
To wash and clean, and dress and feed

/ G - D - / D7 - G - / :

"A Doll to give a bottle to
And put to bed when day is through
And any time my doll gets ill
I'll take good care of it," said my friend Bill

/ C D G / / Am Am7 Em / C - Am - Cm7 - - - /

A doll, a doll, William wants a doll
Don't be a sissy said his best friend Ed
Why should a boy want to play with a doll
Dolls are for girls said his cousin Fred
Don't be a jerk, said his older brother
"I know what to do," said his father to his mother

/ Cm7 - - - / Bm7 - - - / : / C - C7 - / D - D7 - /

So his father bought him a basketball
A badminton set, and that's not all
A bag of marbles, a baseball glove
And all the things a boy would love

And Bill was good at every game
Enjoyed them all, but all the same
When Billy's father praised his skill
"Can I please have a doll now," said my friend Bill

... / C - Am - D - - - /

/ Bm7 - - - / Am - Am7 D7 /

Then William's grandma arrived one day
And wanted to know what he liked to play
And Bill said, "Baseball's my favorite game
I like to play, but all the same

"I'd give my bat and ball and glove
To have a doll that I could love"
"How very wise," his grandma said
Said Bill, "but everyone says this instead"

... / C - Am - E - - - /

/ C#m7 - - - / Bm7 - D E /

So William's grandma, as I've been told
Bought William a doll, to hug and hold
And William's father began to frown
But grandma smiled, and calmed him down

/ A - E - / E7 - A - / :

Explaining, William wants a doll
So when he has a baby someday
He'll know how to dress it, put diapers on double
And gently caress it to bring up a bubble
And care for his baby as every good father
Should learn to do

/ D E D A / D E Bsus4 B / Bm Bm/maj7 / Bm7 E7 /
/ F#m F#m/maj7 / Fm7 B7 /

William has a doll, William has a doll
'Cause someday he is gonna be a father, too

/ AA6 A AA6 A / D - D7 E7 A - /

27th February 2007 01:52 PM
monkey_man
quote:
pdog wrote:

She will just be there as window dressing!
27th February 2007 01:57 PM
Riffhard You libs can spin this shit any fucking way you want,but you are all still fucked when it comes to explaining this goddamned hypocrites' $30,000.00 a year power bill. Spin away fellas,but know this. I can drive whatever fucking car or SUV I want. I can run my AC for 24 hours a day seven days a week,and my "carbon footprint" is still 10 times smaller than this propagandist's is!! Spin that shit! His fucking electric bill is at least 8 times higher than mine is per year! Yet he wants to tell me how to live! Fuck him,and anyone that thinks like him!! John fucking Travolta is another big algore supporter,yet that fucker flys from LA to NY aboard his own private 707 airliner!! Babs Striesand was telling everyone on her website to hang their laundry on clothes line to conserve energy!!! You think that diva whore bitch has ever hung her fucking laundry out?!
That bitch has a chaffer driven mobil home that she uses to go shoping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills! That's a fact!

Algore is a liar and a hypocrite period! End of story! It would take my entire household ten years to consume the amount of energy that this fuck uses in one year,and I'm suppossed to conserve! Like I said fuck him!

Spin that shit.

Riffy

PS-This is not personally directed at anyone here in particular. Except for maybe the usual suspects. TRhey know who they are. Certainly they are not mm or pdog!
[Edited by Riffhard]
27th February 2007 02:11 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what???

Gore’s 20-room, eight-bathroom mansion consumes more energy than the average Americans 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.

shocking!

a little perspective please

Yes...but with those numbers, should't he only be using roughly 6.5 times the energy of the average American?...Why the need for the extra 13.5 times the energy...I think he's growing pot in there...and what's with the 8 bathrooms?...is that in an effort to be less full of shit than he already is?
27th February 2007 02:12 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You libs can spin this shit any fucking way you want,but you are all still fucked when it comes to explaining this goddamned hypocrites' $30,000.00 a year power bill. Spin away fellas,but know this. I can drive whatever fucking car or SUV I want. I can run my AC for 24 hours a day seven days a week,and my "carbon footprint" is still 10 times smaller than this propagandist's is!! Spin that shit! His fucking electric bill is at least 8 times higher than mine is per year! Yet he wants to tell me how to live! Fuck him,and anyone that thinks like him!! John fucking Travolta is another big algore supporter,yet that fucker flys from LA to NY aboard his own private 707 airliner!! Babs Striesand was telling everyone on her website to hang their laundry on clothes line to conserve energy!!! You think that diva whore bitch has ever hung her fucking laundry out?!
That bitch has a chaffer driven mobil home that she uses to go shoping on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills! That's a fact!

Algore is a liar and a hypocrite period! End of story! It would take my entire household ten years to consume the amount of energy that this fuck uses in one year,and I'm suppossed to conserve! Like I said fuck him!

Spin that shit.

Riffy

PS-This is not personally directed at anyone here in particular. Except for maybe the usual suspects. TRhey know who they are. Certainly they are not mm or pdog!
[Edited by Riffhard]

Hold Me! LOL!
In case you were wondering, my energy bills run between $400 and $500 a month between Nov. and March... between $200 and $300 rest of the year...
27th February 2007 02:15 PM
jb
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
You libs can spin this shit any fucking way you want,but you are all still fucked when it comes to explaining this goddamned hypocrites' $30,000.00 a year power bill. Spin away fellas,but know this. I can drive whatever fucking car or SUV I want. I can run my AC for 24 hours a day seven days a week,and my "carbon footprint" is still 10 times smaller than this propagandist's is!! Spin that shit! His fucking electric bill is at least 8 times higher than mine is per year! Yet he wants to tell me how to live! Fuck him,and anyone that thinks like him!! John fucking Travolta is another big algore supporter,yet that fucker flys from LA to NY aboard his own private 707 airliner!! Babs Striesand was telling everyone on her website to hang their laundry on clothes line to conserve energy!!! You think that diva whore bitch has ever hung her fucking laundry out?!

Spin that shit.

Riffy

AL Gore is a great American and has awakened a nation to the undisputed effects of greenhouse gases. Hypocrisy is lying about WMD's, outing a covert officer, attacking politicians who served by those too busy or who got deferments, sending our troops to war without adequate armor, and denying them meaningful health-care when they came home maimed. To suggest that Gore is a hypocrite because he lives in a large house, is about the same as calling Bush a hypocrite for getting the Bin Laden family outof the US right after 9/11. The right is angry, and I understand it very well. many on the right felt they could never lose another election, that Karl Rove and his dirty tricks would once again prevail.,Then, low and behold, the American public, never accused of being to smart, saw through Bush and his lies, and elected a majority of dems in both houses!!! The dream of a republican dynasty was shattered into pieces, and the righties still think it is just a bad dream. Off course they, along with faux News, need their bogeymen, so you have O'Reiley, Hannity, and Hume talking their marching orders from the RNC and attacking Murtha, lying about Pelosi's airplane request, still denying the greenhouse effect, and still supporting a war that has long since proven to be a disaster if biblical proportion. If you want to see hypocrisy, look at the relationship b/t the Bushies and the House of Saud...from Prescott Bush to W, their hands are drenched in oil blood. Gore has not told anyone how to live, he simply asked that a scientific fact be accepted, and that we do whatever small part we can to reduce greenhouse emissions. I suppose you righties think he should sell his house, or stop traveling by jet, etc...those are juvenile and immature arguments..the real issue is preventing large scale manufacturers from dumping their toxins in the air and accelerating what has been occurring for millions of years...The republican reign of terror is almost over, and like all defeated movements, it will get very ugly before it gets better. I would much rather be Al Gore and get accussed of being a hypocrite for using too much energy, than be a man like Bush, Cheney, Rumy et al, who have to look at themselves everyday knowing they sent our nations finest on a ill-planned mission without the basic necessities, and then abandoned these heros when they came home.
27th February 2007 02:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I think he's growing pot in there...

dude's all about "going green", no?
27th February 2007 02:18 PM
pdog Now would be a good time to look at the pics of The Smoking Hot Idol contestant in the thread I just posted....
27th February 2007 02:18 PM
pdog Now would be a good time to look at the pics of The Smoking Hot Idol contestant in the thread I just posted....
27th February 2007 02:20 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

AL Gore is a great American and has awakened a nation to the undisputed effects of greenhouse gases. Hypocrisy is lying about WMD's, outing a covert officer, attacking politicians who served by those too busy or who got deferments, sending our troops to war without adequate armor, and denying them meaningful health-care when they came home maimed. To suggest that Gore is a hypocrite because he lives in a large house, is about the same as calling Bush a hypocrite for getting the Bin Laden family outof the US right after 9/11. The right is angry, and I understand it very well. many on the right felt they could never lose another election, that Karl Rove and his dirty tricks would once again prevail.,Then, low and behold, the American public, never accused of being to smart, saw through Bush and his lies, and elected a majority of dems in both houses!!! The dream of a republican dynasty was shattered into pieces, and the righties still think it is just a bad dream. Off course they, along with faux News, need their bogeymen, so you have O'Reiley, Hannity, and Hume talking their marching orders from the RNC and attacking Murtha, lying about Pelosi's airplane request, still denying the greenhouse effect, and still supporting a war that has long since proven to be a disaster if biblical proportion. If you want to see hypocrisy, look at the relationship b/t the Bushies and the House of Saud...from Prescott Bush to W, their hands are drenched in oil blood. Gore has not told anyone how to live, he simply asked that a scientific fact be accepted, and that we do whatever small part we can to reduce greenhouse emissions. I suppose you righties think he should sell his house, or stop traveling by jet, etc...those are juvenile and immature arguments..the real issue is preventing large scale manufacturers from dumping their toxins in the air and accelerating what has been occurring for millions of years...The republican reign of terror is almost over, and like all defeated movements, it will get very ugly before it gets better. I would much rather be Al Gore and get accussed of being a hypocrite for using too much energy, than be a man like Bush, Cheney, Rumy et al, who have to look at themselves everyday knowing they sent our nations finest on a ill-planned mission without the basic necessities, and then abandoned these heros when they came home.

27th February 2007 02:22 PM
pdog NOooooooo!
Look at this....
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
27th February 2007 02:33 PM
Saint Sway Pdog, I miss your old sig's
27th February 2007 02:36 PM
pdog Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
27th February 2007 02:38 PM
Saint Sway bless you!
27th February 2007 02:40 PM
pdog Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
27th February 2007 03:03 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
bless you!

http://www.pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?By=Artist&Content=POLICE&PSKey=Y

27th February 2007 03:33 PM
rasputin56 If his bill is 8x more a year, why would it take 10 years to equal 1 year?
[Edited by rasputin56]
27th February 2007 03:38 PM
pdog
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
If his bill is 8x more a year, why would it take 10 years to equal 1 year?
[Edited by rasputin56]

Who cares, it's not about indivduals, it about a collectve national effort...
Unity is only in effect when it comes to fear tactics and evil politicians who want to keep power over the masses...
abolish all lobbyists and all political campaign funding... back to basics...
27th February 2007 03:43 PM
Riffhard
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:
If his bill is 8x more a year, why would it take 10 years to equal 1 year?
[Edited by rasputin56]

In rereading my post I realized that I had made that contradiction. So allow me to restate my position on that topic. At $30,000.00 a year that means that algore's power bill is actualy 60 times more a year that mine is. He averages well over $2,000.00 a month. That would pay for my bill for more than ten months. He's a hypocrite. Regardless of what jb is talking about. This is not about Iraq,or anything else. It's about this fat turd trying to tell me to conserve when he clearly out consumes 99% of the population.

Hope that clears my post up. Now please try and spin these facts. TIA!

Riffy
27th February 2007 03:45 PM
glencar
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what???

Gore’s 20-room, eight-bathroom mansion consumes more energy than the average Americans 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.

shocking!

a little perspective please

[Edited by Saint Sway]

The question is, my dear friend, why does Algore need a mansion of that size (it's just he & Tippy now)& why is he exhorting those living in 3 bedroom/2 bath houses to do WHAT HE WON'T DO????
27th February 2007 03:48 PM
Saint Sway seriously?
he doesnt need it. Nobody NEEDS a mansion. But we all want one.
27th February 2007 03:49 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

In rereading my post I realized that I had made that contradiction. So allow me to restate my position on that topic. At $30,000.00 a year that means that algore's power bill is actualy 60 times more a year that mine is. He averages well over $2,000.00 a month. That would pay for my bill for more than ten months. He's a hypocrite. Regardless of what jb is talking about. This is not about Iraq,or anything else. It's about this fat turd trying to tell me to conserve when he clearly out consumes 99% of the population.

Hope that clears my post up. Now please try and spin these facts. TIA!

Riffy

I have 2400 sq ft, 3 bdrm, 3 bath home... His home is much bigger than mine, and in a colder climate during the winter and hotter in the summer, my last energy bill was just under $500... I don't think he's using much more energy than me, all things considered. Seriously, how many secret service agents are using thiese resources, washing, coking, cleaning ect...
Attacking individuals who mean well, is only making the case for energy change more important. The people backing the anti-climate change position are people who work in energy related industries.
27th February 2007 03:50 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:

Hypocrisy is telling the rest of us to live simply while this blowhard Algore lives life to the teeth & wastes energy like a drunken sailor. Daryl Hannah & Ed Begley Jr. may be addled out of their respective minds but at elast they put their money where their respective mouths are. Plus they don't look like Sta-puf men.
27th February 2007 03:51 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

I have 2400 sq ft, 3 bdrm, 3 bath home... His home is much bigger than mine, and in a colder climate during the winter and hotter in the summer, my last energy bill was just under $500... I don't think he's using much more energy than me, all things considered. Seriously, how many secret service agents are using thiese resources, washing, coking, cleaning ect...
Attacking individuals who mean well, is only making the case for energy change more important. The people backing the anti-climate change position are people who work in energy related industries.

I don't work in an energy related industry. I just hate hogwash & hypocrisy & Algore is serving up generous dollops!
27th February 2007 03:52 PM
glencar BTW I drive a hybrid, I recycle everything & I compost my own poop! So FUCK YOU Algore!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)