ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the hypocrisy of Al Gore (what a shock) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
26th February 2007 05:36 PM
Lethargy
POWER: GORE MANSION USES 20X AVERAGE HOUSEHOLD; CONSUMPTION INCREASE AFTER 'TRUTH'
Mon Feb 26 2007 17:16:14 ET

The Tennessee Center for Policy Research, an independent, nonprofit and nonpartisan research organization committed to achieving a freer, more prosperous Tennessee through free market policy solutions, issued a press release late Monday:

Last night, Al Gore’s global-warming documentary, An Inconvenient Truth, collected an Oscar for best documentary feature, but the Tennessee Center for Policy Research has found that Gore deserves a gold statue for hypocrisy.

Gore’s mansion, [20-room, eight-bathroom] located in the posh Belle Meade area of Nashville, consumes more electricity every month than the average American household uses in an entire year, according to the Nashville Electric Service (NES).

In his documentary, the former Vice President calls on Americans to conserve energy by reducing electricity consumption at home.

The average household in America consumes 10,656 kilowatt-hours (kWh) per year, according to the Department of Energy. In 2006, Gore devoured nearly 221,000 kWh—more than 20 times the national average.

Last August alone, Gore burned through 22,619 kWh—guzzling more than twice the electricity in one month than an average American family uses in an entire year. As a result of his energy consumption, Gore’s average monthly electric bill topped $1,359.

Since the release of An Inconvenient Truth, Gore’s energy consumption has increased from an average of 16,200 kWh per month in 2005, to 18,400 kWh per month in 2006.

Gore’s extravagant energy use does not stop at his electric bill. Natural gas bills for Gore’s mansion and guest house averaged $1,080 per month last year.

“As the spokesman of choice for the global warming movement, Al Gore has to be willing to walk to walk, not just talk the talk, when it comes to home energy use,” said Tennessee Center for Policy Research President Drew Johnson.

In total, Gore paid nearly $30,000 in combined electricity and natural gas bills for his Nashville estate in 2006.

For Further Information, Contact:
Nicole Williams, (615) 383-6431
[email protected]
26th February 2007 05:44 PM
gustavobala what a about talk about how much energy bush spent in theirs houses??
26th February 2007 05:48 PM
Lethargy Do I really need to spell out the difference?

Bush isn't on a narcissistic world tour pontificating about global warming (one of the biggest frauds in the last 100 years).

However, Bush _IS_ a total hypocrite when it comes to government spending. Speech after speech about the importance of fiscal responsibility, and he's spent more than any administration in history. So if you're a partisan Dem (sounds like it), we can at least bond on the spending thing. I'm an equal opportunity hypocrisy identifier!

quote:
gustavobala wrote:
what a about talk about how much energy bush spent in theirs houses??

26th February 2007 05:49 PM
pdog How much energy has been wasted preventing energy efficiency and conservation?
26th February 2007 05:53 PM
Saint Sway what???

Gore’s 20-room, eight-bathroom mansion consumes more energy than the average Americans 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.

shocking!

a little perspective please

[Edited by Saint Sway]
26th February 2007 05:56 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
what???

Gore’s 20-room, eight-bathroom mansion consumes more energy than the average Americans 3 bedroom, 2 bath home.

shocking!

a little perspective please

[Edited by Saint Sway]

that's rock you Chaka Kaan postin!
26th February 2007 06:01 PM
Saint Sway thanks SG!

in related news....

"I done run out of gas."
26th February 2007 06:08 PM
mojoman A man walks down the street
He says why am I soft in the middle now
Why am I soft in the middle
The rest of my life is so hard
I need a photo-opportunity
I want a shot at redemption
Don't want to end up a cartoon
In a cartoon graveyard
Bonedigger Bonedigger
Dogs in the moonlight
Far away my well-lit door
Mr. Beerbelly Beerbelly
Get these mutts away from me
You know I don't find this stuff amusing anymore
If you'll be my bodyguard
I can be your long lost pal
I can call you Betty
And Betty when you call me
You can call me Al

A man walks down the street
He says why am I short of attention
Got a short little span of attention
And wo my nights are so long
Where's my wife and family
What if I die here
Who'll be my role-model
Now that my role-model is
Gone Gone
He ducked back down the alley
With some roly-poly little bat-faced girl
All alone alone
There were incidents and accidents
There were hints and allegations

I can call you Betty
You can call me Al
Call me Al

A man walks down the street
It's a street in a strange world
Maybe it's the Third World
Maybe it's his first time around
He doesn't speak the language
He holds no currency
He is a foreign man
He is surrounded by the sound
The sound
Cattle in the marketplace
Scatterlings and orphanages
He looks around, around
He sees angels in the architecture
Spinning in infinity
He says Amen! and Hallelujah!

I can call you Betty
You can call me Al
Call me Al
26th February 2007 06:16 PM
SweetVirginia How about when Leonardo praised Al Gore for sounding the alarm on Global Warming for the past 30 years?

Here's a link to the 1974 Time article on Global Cooling and the coming Ice Age:

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,944914,00.html

26th February 2007 06:20 PM
M.O.W.A.T. Global Warming can be solved with Nuclear Winter. It's all about balance
26th February 2007 06:45 PM
Lethargy All threads lead to Van Halen lately. Valen Halen is the glue that keeps us together.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thanks SG!

in related news....

"I done run out of gas."

26th February 2007 08:01 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

Do I really need to spell out the difference?
. . . pontificating about global warming (one of the biggest frauds in the last 100 years).

Why is global warming a fraud? Who benefits by maintaining this fraud?
26th February 2007 08:16 PM
Riffhard
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Why is global warming a fraud? Who benefits by maintaining this fraud?

Huge research grants MM! There is no way that I believe that humans are responsible for the warming trend going on. As recently as twenty five years ago these same "climate scientists" were claiming that we were entering a new ice age! They are just looking for more grant money. Follow the money. We are literally talking about hundreds of millions here.

Not only that,but what about the fact that hundreds of meteorologists and climatologists are scared the death to come out and say that the "human cause" claim is dead wrong. They are being threatened by others inside the profession with their own job security.

Riffy
26th February 2007 08:25 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Huge research grants MM! There is no way that I believe that humans are responsible for the warming trend going on. As recently as twenty five years ago these same "climate scientists" were claiming that we were entering a new ice age! They are just looking for more grant money. Follow the money. We are literally talking about hundreds of millions here.

Not only that,but what about the fact that hundreds of meteorologists and climatologists are scared the death to come out and say that the "human cause" claim is dead wrong. They are being threatened by others inside the profession with their own job security.

Riffy

Do you wonder why energy companies are spending tons of money to dispute proven science. It's not a myth... Human pollution destroys the eco-systems. To what extent is debatable. I don't need to worry about al gore or George Bush's emmisions. It's a global problem, and if we're wrong so be it. The science is in, the money you're talking about for research, is to find ways to possible clean up and prevent a catastrophe that could kill our children. Could is enough for me, could is a good reason to take advantage of alternatives that we know of, and create the new industries we need anyway.
Republicans invented conservation in this country. Manufacturing and Energy companies who pollute took it away from you... Let's not talk about money spent towards science, science is good. and it's another thing that is being taken away from us, by people who ironically, beleive in fairy tales about punishing gods...
our future isn't a political issue...
26th February 2007 08:30 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffy

And the billions of dollars being spent by industrialized nations to reduce their carbon output? To save jobs and research grants?

26th February 2007 08:52 PM
monkey_man
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
what a about talk about how much energy bush spent in theirs houses??

Ironically, Bush's ranch in Crawford is very environmentally friendly.

" The First Lady worked with David Heymann—an architect who specializes in cultural and environmental relationships between buildings and landscapes—to design a ranch home that would blend into the landscape. The Crawford home uses efficient passive solar and geothermal energy and captures rainwater in a 25,000-gallon cistern for use in irrigation The geothermal system employed at the Western White House uses about 30 to 40 percent of the electricity expended by traditional heating and air-conditioning systems. According to Heymann, “It is likely that the system there runs more efficiently because the overall design of the house utililizes passive solar strategies and natural ventilation in its layout, has low-energy glass (the windows transmit less heat), and is well insulated.” "

Taken from: http://ecomall.com/greenshopping/tompaine.htm
26th February 2007 08:55 PM
pdog
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

Ironically, Bush's ranch in Crawford is very environmentally friendly.

" The First Lady worked with David Heymann—an architect who specializes in cultural and environmental relationships between buildings and landscapes—to design a ranch home that would blend into the landscape. The Crawford home uses efficient passive solar and geothermal energy and captures rainwater in a 25,000-gallon cistern for use in irrigation The geothermal system employed at the Western White House uses about 30 to 40 percent of the electricity expended by traditional heating and air-conditioning systems. According to Heymann, “It is likely that the system there runs more efficiently because the overall design of the house utililizes passive solar strategies and natural ventilation in its layout, has low-energy glass (the windows transmit less heat), and is well insulated.” "

Taken from: http://ecomall.com/greenshopping/tompaine.htm

he only did it b/c his job security was threatened!
26th February 2007 09:02 PM
Riffhard There is no such thing in science as consensus. It is either true or it is not true. Science is either pure hypothosis or it is proven science. All this talk about "consensus" about the human causation of global warming is crap! Just as many scientists claim that it is a natural cyclical climate change going on here. All I am saying is that algore's movie is total bunk. There is absolutly zero hard facts that can claim that we are causing the warming trend. However there sure is a lot of conjecture. It was hotter than it is now 700 years ago! This is proven science! Why was it warmer then than now?

People love to slam Bush for not signing onto the Kyoto Accord,but have you ever read it?! It would totally penalize the USA while at the same time give much worse polluters(China,Mexico,Russia,etc.)a complete free pass. The USA already has some of the toughest laws on the books concerning corporate pollution! It was totally unfair to the USA,but that won't keep people like Cheryl David and other Hollywood libs from slamming the USA and Bush for this warming trend. According to some of them Bush has managed to all but destroy the planet in six short years! It's goddamned laughable. I'm more concerned about Islamic fucktards like Ahmawhathisfuck getting his hands on a nuke. I can promiss you that would be ultimately much more dangerous for the planet than the current "thoughts" on global warming. That,of course,is not the quasi-relgion de jour for the leftwing Hollywood heavy hitters.

Having said all that,I too would like to see us off the tit of Middle East oil,and find an alternative fuel source. For different reasons though.

Riffy

PS-Did you see or hear any of the winners at the Academy Awards say thank you to the troops in harm's way last night? I didn't either. I did hear a few Bush jokes though so I guess that's cool.
26th February 2007 11:18 PM
Lethargy I'm laughing out loud at the fact that - as planned and predicted when I posted the facts about Al's hipocrisy - that the rest of the thread would have nothing to do whatsoever with...Al Gore's hipocrisy. Almost everyone just degenerates into knee-jerk partisan reactionary statements without acknowledging the obvious facts I presented in the original post, that Al Gore is a f-cking a-sho-l-- hypocrite. I just long for the day that one...ONE...Democrat can ever admit that one of their own is full of shit. Republicans do it...the conservative movement (which I'm not really a part of...despite the kneejerk judgements you're all making of me based on a few key phrases) is disgusted with Bush and are vocal about it. Whereas in the Democrat party, disagree with the Elites and you will be destroyed. Just ask Joe Lieberman (luckily, he survived despite the attempt to destroy him for the unmitigated gall to put country above party).

It's just so sad, yet funny at the same time. Let the thread now continue, with tired old partisan stereotypes.
26th February 2007 11:24 PM
pdog

Al Gore will run for president, and upset Hillary with either Obama or Richards(maybe Keith) as a running mate, Hillary will try to recruit Edwards and he will spit in her face! Dick Cheney will attack Nancy Pelosi as he leaves office and George Bush will spend the rest of his life learning to speak english. Bill clinton will be caught in a huge scandal when he is caught blowing David Geffen.
[Edited by pdog]
26th February 2007 11:27 PM
gustavobala ohhhh yeah
warming global is a fraud...LOL

ohhhhh yeahhhhh
26th February 2007 11:31 PM
Riffhard Please read this linked article with an excellent interview with a scientist with a real degree in climatology. He's got a PHD and everything! This guy,unlike Gore,actually uses facts to make his point. This is the side of the human causation of global warming myth that the DLM never seems to cover.

This is why I am so skeptical of the whole argument made by the liberal crowd when they talk about this subject. They use emotion,but never seem to back it up with real facts. It's a typical liberal way of going about things. Argue the emotion and ignore the facts that don't fit into the emotional template that they set up.

Here-->http://www.elynews.com/articles/200...news/news06.txt

Riffy
26th February 2007 11:53 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Please read this linked article with an excellent interview with a scientist with a real degree in climatology. He's got a PHD and everything! This guy,unlike Gore,actually uses facts to make his point. This is the side of the human causation of global warming myth that the DLM never seems to cover.

This is why I am so skeptical of the whole argument made by the liberal crowd when they talk about this subject. They use emotion,but never seem to back it up with real facts. It's a typical liberal way of going about things. Argue the emotion and ignore the facts that don't fit into the emotional template that they set up.

Here-->http://www.elynews.com/articles/200...news/news06.txt

Riffy

Riffy, this guy isn't a climatoligist.... 2nd time you used a paid oil company person to try to argue some vast conspiracy of scientists. High Park Group again, I know about these people, you should too, if you're going to be duped, at least know who you're representing, BIG ENERGY COMPANIES, my friend...

check this out...
Dr. Tim Ball: The Lie that Just Won't Die

5 Feb 07
The deathless and - in many specific respects - completely fictional meanderings of Dr. Tim Ball have begun appearing again on right-wing blogs all over the net. At City Troll, at Convenient Untruth and at New Orleans Lady, the same tired and retreaded old climate rant paints Dr. Ball as the courageous victim of a plot to silence a well-meaning skeptic.

But Ball can't even tell the truth about his own resume. His claim to be the first Climatology Ph.D. in Canada is a total falsehood; his degree was in historical geography - not climatology - and it was nowhere near the first ever granted to someone writing vaguely in the field. It also was granted by the university as a doctor of philosophy, not the more prestigious "doctor of science" that Ball claims in these articles.

He claims as well to have been a professor (again of climatology) at the University of Winnipeg for 32 years, while he confirmed in his own Statement of Claim in a pending lawsuit that he was a professor (of geography, never climatology) for just eight years.

Dr. Ball claims never to have been paid by oil and gas interests, but if you look, you'll find a Globe and Mail story in which Dr. Barry Cooper, the man behind Ball's former industry front group, the Friends of Science , offers this clumsy admission: "[The money's] not exclusively from the oil and gas industry," says Prof. Cooper. "It's also from foundations and individuals. I can't tell you the names of those companies, or the foundations for that matter, or the individuals."

Here you'll find a podcast of Dr. Ball talking to the Ottawa Citizen , saying that he goes out of his way to ignore who might be paying his bills, but crediting the energy industry lobby firm, the High Park Group . And here, you'll find High Park Group veteran Tom Harris, telling the Toronto Star that his new industry front group, the Natural Resources Stewardship Project , was created at the suggestion of High Park Group president Timothy Egan.

Tom Harris, executive director of the NRSP, is credited by New Orleans Lady for passing along this version of the Ball tirade, also printed Monday on the right-wingy website, Canada Free Press. Yet all of these factual inconsistencies have been brought to Harris's attention on previous occasions.

It is inevitable that this post will be criticized as an ad hominem attack on dear Dr. Ball (and perhaps on Harris, as well). But how can you argue science with someone who doesn't feel bound by the limits of truth?

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change has just endured an unprecedented process of vetting and peer-review to produce a document, the veracity of which has been double-checked and endorsed by thousands of the best scientists in the world. It must be soul-destroying to see a long-retired geographer who rarely published during his colourless academic career and who never conducted any research in atmospheric science dismiss that effort without a shred of evidence or a hint of good conscience.
27th February 2007 12:05 AM
Riffhard Dog this article was on a newspaper's website. I just linked the article.

However,I would say that he is being impugned because he is not foisting up the "proper" story regarding global warming.

These two facts are not in dispute regardless of what your linked article claims.

"The Canadian climatologist, who has a Ph.D. in climatology from the University of London and taught at the University of Winnipeg for 28 years."

I mean there is an agenda at play here to be sure,and this guy is not playing into their little fantasy so he gets hammered. Besides he's only one of many that could be linked that say almost the exact same thing. Plus it's mighty hard to argue what this guy is saying considering they are documented facts.

Riffy
27th February 2007 02:08 AM
pdog HPG aka High Park Group is a lobbyist group for Energy Industry... Which this guy works for, in Canadian Lobbysist registration you can see the list of energy companies they represent...
HPG also has associates who write articles for The Canadian Free Press. It's public information, if you want I can bore you with the list of companies:
Areva Canada Inc. (the Areva Group is the world's largest nuclear power company)
ARISE Technologies Corporation (a Canadian-based public solar technology company) (web)
CEPA (Canadian Energy Pipeline Association)
Jyoti Structures Ltd. The Group's principal activity is to provide solutions in the field of high voltage power transmission lines and substations
AREVA Resources Canada Inc. mines and mills uranium in northern Saskatchewan
NORTHROP GRUMMAN ELECTRONIC SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Canadian Electricity Association (web)
Canadian Gas Association (web)
Another fact about Tim Ball, his PHD is granted, not matricualted. And All a PHD means is someone can teach. doesn't make this guy a scientist. you said it yourself, that the libs are all emotion, no facts. Well thousands of scientists worked on the report recently made by the UN. What research has this guy done? He taught Geography, which is also what his PHD is in, not climatology. Who did he work with? What are his scientific findings on this subject? Who has validated said research? He's the one being emotional, with no science...
regardless, follow the trail, the factual trail of who this guy works for and is paid by...
>>>Dr. Timothy Ball is Chairman and Chair of the Scientific Advisory Committee of the Natural Resources Stewardship Project (NRSP). [1] Two of the three directors of the NRSP - Timothy Egan and Julio Lagos - are executives with the PR and lobbying company, the High Park Group (HPG). [2] Both HPG and Egan and Lagos work for energy industry clients and companies on energy policy. [3]

HPG, represents Energy Companies, Tim Ball is the Chairman of NRSP, along with two guys from High Park Group... I'm not a fucking idiot, and i'm not making this shit up, this is public information, easily researched... Are you telling me this guy is giving a fair view of Global Warming? When thousand of scientists, with no ties to any company, around the world, spent years doing real research, and gave an honest assesmnet of our planet and the effects of C02's?
Regardless of all that, my gut tells me something is wrong. I see pollution, smog, dirty water, sicknesses, droughts, shrnknig forrests... Ect,ect... We have an impact, and we are not doing things that are healthy. I have no agenda, besides my kids and their kids so on... Tim Ball has a paycheck from people who don't want there business to look bad, or do anything to try to change. This tactic is the exact same one used by big tabocco for years and years.
fact check this guy, you think he's credible? Look up High Park, lok up Natural Resources Project... See who HPG represent, see who NRSP has on the board...
This is just like Tabocco companies who paid doctors to say smoking wasn't bad, some even said it was good for you, remember that shit? Is smoking good for us?
27th February 2007 02:14 AM
The Wick I love it when Republicans get a hold of numbers like this and make a big stink as if they have the moral high ground. How about compare his electric bills with an equivalent property? And even if it is high, so what? He's offset the high rates by all the work he's done for decades trying to improve the environment. It might be hypocrisy, but at least he's doing something and doesn't want to let the world waste away. But before these Drudge Report articles are spread, first get an equivalent property and then call him a hypocrite.
27th February 2007 08:33 AM
Taptrick
I'm just thankful the ice age isn't coming in my lifetime as was reported in the media and taught to me in public school in the early 70s. My "science" text book in fourth grade reported this along with the cooling trend in global temperatures and the fact the world would be depleted of oil by 2012 and coal by 2050. I sweated that one for ten years. I'm looking forward to vacationing in Thule now. Hey, how come the city of Ur used to be a coastal city but is now so far from the coast? How was the ocean level so much higher back then?

27th February 2007 09:11 AM
Jumping Jack Algore's frequent pontificating is a major source of hot gas and is a major source of global warming. Please Prince Albert, just shut thefuck up and let the world cool off.
27th February 2007 09:53 AM
mojoman We're so sorry, uncle albert,
We're so sorry if we caused you any pain.
We're so sorry, uncle albert,
But there's no one left at home
And i believe i'm gonna rain.

We're so sorry but we haven't heard a thing all day,
But if anything should happen
We'll be sure to give a ring.

"we're so sorry, uncle albert,
But we haven't done a bloody thing all day.
But the kettle's on the boil
And we're so eas'ly called away."

Uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh,
Doo-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh-uh,
Uh-uh -

Hands across the water, heads across the sky,
Hands across the water, heads across the sky.

Admiral halsey notified me,
He had to have a berth or he couldn't get to sea.
I had another look and i had a cup of tea and a butter pie.

"couldn't put it in something else
So i pulled it in the pie, alright!"

Hands across the water, heads across the sky.

Live a little, be a gypsy, get around,
Get your feet up off the ground,
Live a little, get around.

Live a little, be a gypsy, get around,
Get your feet up off the ground,
Live a little, get around.

Hands across the water, heads across the sky
27th February 2007 10:13 AM
jb Nonsense....the extreme right uses articles like this to demonize Gore and all others concerned with global warming..even Bill O'Reiley admitted it on 60 minutes!!! We can try to set an example and conserve as best as we can. Gores home has negligible effect on green house gases. It is a red herring which the righties bite hook, line and sinker. It just another form of "swift-boating" and the public gets it by now.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)