ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

R&R Hall of Fame 2007
© Dimitrios Kambouris with thanks to moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: the hypocrisy of Al Gore (what a shock) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
3rd March 2007 03:42 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Even more so. Been saying that one for awhile now. Bush Geekian fools, no more than a bunch of naive feel-good yackers, wrapped in pseudo-conservative clothing. I don't know if it was their inability to fall out of line with their love of George Walker Bush III, or whether they actually believed what that idiot and his administration said every day (some actually STILL believe - they must be believed!).

Either way, yes, that peculiar brand of pie-in-the sky, ant can move a rubber tree plant type stupidity has certainly come full circle in the U.S. (and has completely killed the conservative thought it professed to align itself with). Strange times.

"Wooden-headedness, the source of self-deception, is a factor that plays a remarkably large role in government. It consists in assessing a situation in terms of preconceived fixed notions while ignoring or rejecting any contrary signs. It is acting according to wish while not allowing oneself to be deflected by the facts. It is epitomized in a historian's statement about Philip II of Spain, the surpassing wooden-head of all sovereigns: 'No experience of the failure of his policy could shake his belief in its essential excellence.'"--Barbara W. Tuchman, "The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam" (1984)

It is a shame that Tuchman died in 1989. She would surely be updating her book now.
3rd March 2007 09:19 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

Well, now, unlike my pictorial match to your pictorial post (devoid of any personal content, as anyone can see), this latest from you does appear to be an attempt to bait me into taking it "personal," to use your delightfully quaint colloquialism.

No BJ..it was a light-hearted joke...based on the time you insisted on my credentials to have a discussion with me...which, I thought, and sincerely hope, was a joke...if it get you all angried up, it shouldn't.
3rd March 2007 09:19 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Anyone know what he's attempting to point out? He's been seeing things that aren't there for several months now. Maybe longer, but I don't know. I just don't know.

neither does he

3rd March 2007 09:37 AM
Fiji Joe I was pointing out that "back in the day", idealist lefties were waging war against communists and backing dictators with the best of them...it was a direct response to BJ's post...not a misdirected ramble agant Bush geeks that had nothing to do with the passage quoted...I just found it odd that BJ would think, or so I assume he thought, that meddling in foriegn policy militarily and backing dictators was a strictly conservative thing...just pointing out the folly of this whole "worm turning" business...It's never been as BJ says it was...not with respect to lefties in power anyway...I thought it would be good to point that out...it's important in these types of discussions...or you could just spend your time rambling on and on about "bush geeks"...but only retards do that...I'm serious...that's crash helmet type stuff

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
3rd March 2007 09:42 AM
lotsajizz truth hurts
3rd March 2007 10:40 AM
mojoman love hurts
3rd March 2007 10:56 AM
lotsajizz a lot of people don't know Roy Orbison did that song
3rd March 2007 11:38 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

"Wooden-headedness, the source of self-deception, is a factor that plays a remarkably large role in government. It consists in assessing a situation in terms of preconceived fixed notions while ignoring or rejecting any contrary signs. It is acting according to wish while not allowing oneself to be deflected by the facts.

I agree 100%...See, e.g., my idealist lefty lecture
3rd March 2007 11:54 AM
Rodney_King can't we all get along?

i say, we can live together....

however, bush has no respect or understanding of the negroes losing their livelihoods in the ghetto.

plus, i heard he hasn't been laid since 1986.
3rd March 2007 12:18 PM
sirmoonie Shut up Rodney King. George Walker Bush III had a lot of respect for the negroes in this video. He hung out with them for a long ass time while other stuff was happening.

3rd March 2007 01:35 PM
pdog We are funding Sunni & Al Queda linked terror groups, b/c The Shia's in Iraq and Iran have gotten too powerful...
3rd March 2007 11:49 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I was pointing out that "back in the day", idealist lefties were waging war against communists and backing dictators with the best of them...it was a direct response to BJ's post...not a misdirected ramble agant Bush geeks that had nothing to do with the passage quoted...I just found it odd that BJ would think, or so I assume he thought, that meddling in foriegn policy militarily and backing dictators was a strictly conservative thing...just pointing out the folly of this whole "worm turning" business...It's never been as BJ says it was...not with respect to lefties in power anyway...I thought it would be good to point that out...it's important in these types of discussions...or you could just spend your time rambling on and on about "bush geeks"...but only retards do that...I'm serious...that's crash helmet type stuff

You pointed out absolutely nothing of the kind in your once again edited post. You attempted to prove, through uncited Telecaster-looking blogs (can you prove you are not him?), something no one even disputed to begin with. You could have just said that non-sequitur about consecutive U.S. administrations, then gone back to having fun making up stories somewhere else on the internet.

BJ's point, one I have made many times, is how ironic it is that strong supporters of the whole childish "freedom is on the march", nation building, touchy-feely sensitivities this dopey president has stockpiled were once repeated by naive idiots considered to be on the other side of the spectrum. At least I thought it was his point. In any case, its my point now, and I can prove it.

There. I did it without saying Bush Geeks. Make sense know, Charline?
4th March 2007 12:00 AM
mojoman where have all the flowers gone
4th March 2007 12:38 AM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You pointed out absolutely nothing of the kind in your once again edited post. You attempted to prove, through uncited Telecaster-looking blogs (can you prove you are not him?), something no one even disputed to begin with. You could have just said that non-sequitur about consecutive U.S. administrations, then gone back to having fun making up stories somewhere else on the internet.

BJ's point, one I have made many times, is how ironic it is that strong supporters of the whole childish "freedom is on the march", nation building, touchy-feely sensitivities this dopey president has stockpiled were once repeated by naive idiots considered to be on the other side of the spectrum. At least I thought it was his point. In any case, its my point now, and I can prove it.

There. I did it without saying Bush Geeks. Make sense know, Charline?

Are you doubting the veracity of what I "cut and pasted"?...Really?...Come on...That's stuff common knowledge...Kennedy's "fredom on the march" rhetoric re: Vietnam...Carter's subversion of the Soviets and whatnot...which was MY point...the notion that backing dictators, fighting communists and "freedom on the march" rhetoric is not a strictly conservative phenomenon...it's not you know?...you know that right?...So MY point wasn't addressing your point...If you weren't into your 9th of 12 Natty Lights you would have seen that

But yeah...you're making strides Gilbert...you didn't say "Bush geeks"...Moreover, you didn't call my kids nazis or threaten to kick my ass...Shit, you didn't even run off and hide in a huff...I'm outta cookies right now, but I can give you an atta boy...or a gold-star for your fridge...your choice tiger
4th March 2007 01:15 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Are you doubting the veracity of what I "cut and pasted"?...Really?...Come on...That's stuff common knowledge...Kennedy's "fredom on the march" rhetoric re: Vietnam...Carter's subversion of the Soviets and whatnot...which was MY point...the notion that backing dictators, fighting communists and "freedom on the march" rhetoric is not a strictly conservative phenomenon...it's not you know?...you know that right?...So MY point wasn't addressing your point...If you weren't into your 9th of 12 Natty Lights you would have seen that

But yeah...you're making strides Gilbert...you didn't say "Bush geeks"...Moreover, you didn't call my kids nazis or threaten to kick my ass...Shit, you didn't even run off and hide in a huff...I'm outta cookies right now, but I can give you an atta boy...or a gold-star for your fridge...your choice tiger

Nah, I know you can cut and paste, just seldom seen you do it in such a distracted way, hence my confusion with your wing boy. Your veracity, however, that got blown months ago for anyone who cared. Nobody scuffed up your Nikes, and you know it, man. You know it.

And you still ain't getting my point, but thats by design, because you got to throw in a couple of bogus comments, all up, all up, yeah mister all up and be trying to look good in your sparky new suit, don't worry about them price tags on it, all the good stores have them on that type merch.

Freedom am on the march, though. I seen it.
4th March 2007 01:54 AM
pdog Why Does She Hate Fags?
4th March 2007 01:54 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I was pointing out that "back in the day", idealist lefties were waging war against communists and backing dictators with the best of them...it was a direct response to BJ's post...not a misdirected ramble agant Bush geeks that had nothing to do with the passage quoted...I just found it odd that BJ would think, or so I assume he thought, that meddling in foriegn policy militarily and backing dictators was a strictly conservative thing...just pointing out the folly of this whole "worm turning" business...It's never been as BJ says it was...not with respect to lefties in power anyway...I thought it would be good to point that out...it's important in these types of discussions...or you could just spend your time rambling on and on about "bush geeks"...but only retards do that...I'm serious...that's crash helmet type stuff

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

JFK was no lefty. I was talking about the peace movement, SDS, etc.
4th March 2007 02:58 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Brainbell Jangler wrote:

JFK was no lefty. I was talking about the peace movement, SDS, etc.

So was I talking about that, then he went all political on us. Like the fat kid with the orange Nerf who announces his first wobbly spiral.

Ball hiking fact, the Bush Geeks are the same as the 60s hippies on the sucker ass issue. Their motives for being so are somewhat undetermined, but their dreams are equally stupid and dicked up.
4th March 2007 02:35 PM
pdog How Hot Is the Sun?
The sun is very hot. At the core it is 15 million degrees Celsius or 27 million degrees Farenheit. Using a magnifying glass, we can see the very hot heat and the light of the sun. Please do not do that because it can hurt your eyes.
This makes the light very bright and the heat is so hot it could start a fire.
4th March 2007 02:53 PM
sirmoonie Damn, that George Walker Bush III presidency imploded hard. What does he even do these days? That dummy can't even get laughed at anymore. Its fun to laugh at his defenders, though. Not many of them left, but they still have some utility in that respect.
4th March 2007 04:22 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mojoman wrote:
love hurts

I couldn't disagree more with your theories. Fact is, George Walker Bush III is from Connecticutt. He went to some gay fucking prep school back east filled with other similarly situated pissants.

Furthermore, and quite contrary to the position you have taken mojoman, George Walker Bush III's brother's name is John Ellis Bush. Its not "Jeb" as the liberal media would have you believe. John Ellis Bush admits he never had sex in his life until he got married. In other verbs, he is gay.

Poor ex-pres George Bush, a man I admire, a man of integrity and leadership talent. See, e.g. how he handled the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, and his overall honesty with the American people. I feel bad for the guy, one son is a complete retard and the other one sucks on dicks all day long and tries to call himself Jeb.
4th March 2007 04:56 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I couldn't disagree more with your theories. Fact is, George Walker Bush III is from Connecticutt. He went to some gay fucking prep school back east filled with other similarly situated pissants.

Furthermore, and quite contrary to the position you have taken mojoman, George Walker Bush III's brother's name is John Ellis Bush. Its not "Jeb" as the liberal media would have you believe. John Ellis Bush admits he never had sex in his life until he got married. In other verbs, he is gay.

Poor ex-pres George Bush, a man I admire, a man of integrity and leadership talent. See, e.g. how he handled the Iraq invasion of Kuwait, and his overall honesty with the American people. I feel bad for the guy, one son is a complete retard and the other one sucks on dicks all day long and tries to call himself Jeb.

dood. i'm from connecticut. it ain't all that bad. prescott jr was decent and his dad too. yes lots of people went to prep school despite the fact that the public schools were great don't hold that against them. juniors grades weren't good. george didn't hit the books hard and didn't pay enough attention in class or learn enough of the family business.
4th March 2007 05:42 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
mojoman wrote:

dood. i'm from connecticut. it ain't all that bad. prescott jr was decent and his dad too. yes lots of people went to prep school despite the fact that the public schools were great don't hold that against them. juniors grades weren't good. george didn't hit the books hard and didn't pay enough attention in class or learn enough of the family business.

Once again, you are wrong and I am correct. Are you talking about that silly fucking Iraqi election that everyone was gaying off on a couple years ago? They voted to Islo-whack themselves, thereby legitimizing the very thing we are fighting against.

Who cares anyway - doesn't that stupid pissing event with the purple fingers in the air mean we won - like yet again? Iraq is a fucking dope ass democracy now, you nation building Bush Geek ass idiots - freedom am won! Freedom am won! The march for freedomness am be over. We is surge woners.
4th March 2007 06:32 PM
Joey

4th March 2007 07:53 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Nah, I know you can cut and paste, just seldom seen you do it in such a distracted way, hence my confusion with your wing boy. Your veracity, however, that got blown months ago for anyone who cared. Nobody scuffed up your Nikes, and you know it, man. You know it.

And you still ain't getting my point, but thats by design, because you got to throw in a couple of bogus comments, all up, all up, yeah mister all up and be trying to look good in your sparky new suit, don't worry about them price tags on it, all the good stores have them on that type merch.

Freedom am on the march, though. I seen it.

I seen your shame...hell I lived it...still living it...thanks for that by the way

I can't talk to you..closet Duke fan you being and whatnot...I put up 26 and 18 on you and you elbow me in the face...you went Gerald Henderson on me...but scoreboard...it still says Heels by 12
4th March 2007 07:58 PM
Joey " I seen your shame...hell I lived it...still living it...thanks for that by the way

I can't talk to you..closet Duke fan you being and whatnot...I put up 26 and 18 on you and you elbow me in the face...you went Gerald Henderson on me...but scoreboard...it still says Heels by 12 "

Oh , ........ OH , ...... Lil' ,,,.... Little ...........................( Fade to White -- like an angel )

4th March 2007 08:08 PM
Fiji Joe I was at Harry's Uptown Joey...where the hell were you?
4th March 2007 08:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Once again, you are wrong and I am correct. Are you talking about that silly fucking Iraqi election that everyone was gaying off on a couple years ago? They voted to Islo-whack themselves, thereby legitimizing the very thing we are fighting against.

Who cares anyway - doesn't that stupid pissing event with the purple fingers in the air mean we won - like yet again? Iraq is a fucking dope ass democracy now, you nation building Bush Geek ass idiots - freedom am won! Freedom am won! The march for freedomness am be over. We is surge woners.

yes sir you are correct about the iraqi elections it is a joke of course a photo-op its meaningless for the sad bastards they aren't ready for it. whilst i do not fancy juniors governance there is no need to besmirch the genteel heritage of the nutmeg state. i believe my lighthearted satire has been taken out of context. carry on.
4th March 2007 08:21 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I was at Harry's Uptown Joey...where the hell were you?

Fiji .............................

I like Harrys in Westport !!!!!! I really do !!!!!!!

When does the Sprint Center open up ?!

Please .................. I's justs got's to's knows

H.R. Puffin Joe
4th March 2007 08:28 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Joey wrote:

Fiji .............................

I like Harrys in Westport !!!!!! I really do !!!!!!!

When does the Sprint Center open up ?!

Please .................. I's justs got's to's knows

H.R. Puffin Joe

Y'all had a nice run in Omaha...U2...Brooks & Dunn (w/ the Rolling Stones...and the Shriner's circus I hear went over well...but it's coming to an end...soon...You like hockey?...you like the Penguins?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)