ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary for President! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
23rd January 2007 08:35 PM
glencar Enron had nothing to do with this administration. Everyone there was punished. Iraq is a mess but that's not the scandal that you want. Halliburton is a problem but it's also true that there aren't that many companies that do that business.
23rd January 2007 08:35 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, Bush has screwed up the war & the budget but he's also done some good things. I wish he was more effective in communicating what he wants & what he's done.

Too true with everything you just said. He's got the econmomy in great shape,but has spent like a drunken sailor on leave and that has screwed the budget. Plus the border issue is just completely insane,and Bush is just as weak as the Dems on this issue. Seems that bioth sides are pandering to a suppossed voting bloc. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Should the US ever be attacked ala 9/11 again,and it can be proven that the attackers came across the Southern Boarder both parties will have some major explaining to do.

Riffy
23rd January 2007 08:36 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

maybe far less, but nothing worse... This BS war, I don't care how much they scream we had bad intel or whatever, they knew, and not only went in ignorant, the plan was never to win. Even now, as i type this the denial of reality is outstanding, make Hillary and Bill's blowjob fiasco a joke to me.
nothing good will ever come of Iraq, until this administration becomes honest, b/c nothing ever good comes from a lie!

"The plan was never to win"????? If that was true, I'd want the whole gang impeached.
23rd January 2007 08:51 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
you guys are nuts

what is honest about Iraq???

haliburton??

enron???

[Edited by Saint Sway]

This post goes to show that you are doing absolutly nothing but spouting off liberal talking points like a trained lib seal!

Sway you are aware that Clinton hired Haliburton for use during the Yugoslav war,right? Somalia too! Well he was going to use Halliburton inside Somolia,but,well,he.......cut and run. I mean you knew that right? Clinton actually allowed Halliburton to make a considerable larger profit inside Bosnia and Serbia/Kosovo then Bush did inside Iraq. You knew that though,right?

Here--->In 1997 Clinton administration awarded Halliburton a $405 million no bid deal to provide support for US troops in Bosnia. Two years later, Halliburton won the 5-year renewal of this deal, valued at $180 million.

In 1999 Clinton went to war against Serbia over Kosovo. Halliburton got a $200 million cost/plus contract to work in Kosovo. That contract, had generated nearly a billion dollars in revenues for Halliburton

Source: Counterpunch.org
http://www.counterpunch.org/stclair07142005.html

Yeah,Bush lied about Iraq! Which,of course,means that so did every major intel service on the planet! You want to show us some facts that can prove that Bush lied about Iraq? Because he did not,and even Bubba has stated that fact! I'm not going to reharsh that pointless argument. I will willingly conceed that he has fucked things up in Iraq,but he did not knowingly lie about the threat.

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
23rd January 2007 09:08 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
"The plan was never to win"????? If that was true, I'd want the whole gang impeached.

Welll... many screamed early on that the plan to secure after regime cange was completely fucked.... Just listen to the the admins own words...
We're turning the corner...
mission accomplished...
The insurgency is in its last throes.
We listen to the Generals on the ground.
the list goes on, they fucked this up, and IMO, is b/c it was based on falsehoods...
Bush is about to come on, this should intersting, the Captain of the Titanic is about to tell us everything is okay.
23rd January 2007 09:18 PM
glencar I agree that they fucked up but you made it sound like it was intentional. I think it was just a typical screw-up.
23rd January 2007 09:34 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
I agree that they fucked up but you made it sound like it was intentional. I think it was just a typical screw-up.

It was a typical screwup! That's what pisses me off so much. The Dems overwhelmingly voted for this war with Iraq,and only when shit started going south do they whine about getting out. So their plan is to leave,and then blame the genocide and human catastrophy that will definatly follow on Bush even though they knowingly and willingly voted for this war too. So the Dems plan is to allow 3000 American troops die for nothing and then blame that all on Bush as if they bear zero responsibility for sending the troops! Let's just win the fucking war,huh! Can we not agree on this basic idea?

Riffy
23rd January 2007 09:51 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
this is list is just baloney. None of it really matters or adds up to anything. oooh!!! Bill cheated.. Oooh a politician lied! YIKES!

get real man!

>Hillary confidant confirms: she knew about Monica long before the affair became public
>>>>> Really? So?

>How Hillary personally stage-managed and coordinated the damage-control effort in response to the Lewinsky scandal
>>>> was there ever a First Lady that acted differently?? Onasis? No. Presidents cheat. First Lady's smile and act like nothings wrong. Thats how its always been.

>The Hillary White House staffer known as "Mother Superior" charged with keeping women away from Bill -- and Bill away from them
>>>>> OH NO!! She hired a women to try and keep Bill's dick in his pants. How dare she!!

>How Hillary knowingly allowed women to be hired that were regarded as "safe" for Bill to have affairs with
>>>> Which is it?

>How Hillary banished the Secret Service from the White House private residence so they wouldn't witness -- and gossip about -- her and Bill's "Jerry Springer-like free-for-alls"
>>>>> Dang it! They should of fought in front of everyone!!! Oh well..

>How Hillary signed off on all major White House appointments -- including Supreme Court nominees
>>>> I guess now your also gonna claim she has no prior experience for the job??

>White House usher: how Hillary used government funds for her extensive White House redecoration -- while claiming the money came from private donations
>>>> bet no other First Lady did this, right? Wake up

>How Hillary reacted to losing the presidency of her high-school senior class: a foreshadowing
>>>>> But what about how she handled being voted President of the Prom Committee???? Surely that must count for something?
(for the record: she was 17! Who the fuck cares????)

>Hillary's transformation from Goldwater Republican to hippy radical. The hard-left magazine that influenced her -- she admits to having saved every issue
>>>> SHOCKING!!! I thought she was still a Republican!

>The culture of lesbianism at Wellesley College -- and how it strongly influenced Hillary's politics
>>>>> Niiiiiiiiiiiice!!!

>The story of Bill and Hillary's meeting in a law library: blatantly untrue
>>>>> THATS IT!! If you tell me they really met at the drive-thru then she'll never get my vote - that lying bitch!!

>Hillary's radical views as editor of the Yale Journal of Law and Social Action
>>>>> Yeah those Presidents we've had with radical views always fucked us over. Remember Lincoln? He fucked everything up!

>The Little Rock private investigator hired by Hillary to "get rid of all the bitches he's seeing"
>>>> WHAT????? A women turned jealous?? Now thats a first!

>Hillary's pattern of moving to the right -- and then lurching left again when she thinks she's in the clear
>>>> Really not a big deal to most of us. Unless were talking about her driving.

>Hillary's ideological roots in "gender feminism," which seeks overthrow of all "patriarchal" dominance, from government to family
>>>> Now your just trying to confuse with fancy words ; )

>How Bill has gone back to his old womanizing tricks since Hillary's election to the Senate. His torrid affair with a stunning divorcee who lived near the Clintons in Chappaqua
>>>> That dog can hunt!

>How Bill tried to talk Hillary into running for President in 2004 -- and why she refused
>>>> Wait she doesnt just blindly do everything he asks??? WTF?

>Hillary's temporary betrayal of her old leftist allies to build a moderate image for her White House run
>>>>> Wow! Another first! Surely no politician has ever pulled that move in an election.

>Why Hillary regards Howard Dean's naming as DNC Chairman as a threat to her
>>>> Frankly, he scares a lot of people.

>How Hillary banned wearing military uniforms in the White House -- and then lied about it later on
>>>>> For the last time! I dont care what they do in their bedroom

>The New Hillary: how she's remodeling herself as a "God-fearing, church-going Bible reading Democrat from a Southern state" -- and is also "Botoxed to the hilt," according to a physician who knows
>>>>> Oh Shit!! What Anthrax??? Oh... Botox!! So what?

>Why one former Clinton Administration official warns: "Hillary Clinton needs to be kept away from the White House for the rest of her life"
>>>>> ONE former member of their administration is bitter. So? Is that it? C'mon. Every administration has tons of bitter ex-members.

LMAO!
23rd January 2007 10:17 PM
glencar This James Webb looks like one big hemmorhoid!
23rd January 2007 10:23 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
what about the lesbian stuff... Oooooh, it's the the estrogen patrol, duck!

LOL! PDog it is not the lebianism that he refers to in the book so much as it is the way the lesbian culture at Wellesley directly influnenced her politics in the following years. In other words,she became a far left liberal. Whether you care or not is not the point,but there can be no denying that that culture has a very real leftist's agenda,and many very rational people want nothing to do with it. That's why he points out that she constantly tries to appear to be a centrist when nothing could be further from the truth.

Sway can be a smug little jerk all he wants,but I'm telling you right now that any rational thinking person that knew the truth about Hillary would be stunned by her meglamaniacal persona,and would never even consider voting for her. I have read three books about her,and they all tell the exact same story. And,no,they were not written by "haters". They were written by people that know her,and know her well.

Like I said,vote Democrat all you want,but if you are considering pulling the lever for Hillary do yourself a huge favor and read up on her. She is not even close to the person she tries to pretend to be.

Riffy
23rd January 2007 10:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
This James Webb looks like one big hemmorhoid!

i wept like some grandmother
23rd January 2007 10:45 PM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
This James Webb looks like one big hemmorhoid!

A hemmorhoid who served in Ronald Reagan's government and whose son is serving in combat. Jenna? Barbara?
23rd January 2007 11:01 PM
glencar He's an awful asshole. I don't care what he did in the 80's. He's become a huge gaping asshole & he's an embarrassment to the Senate. In 1994 when the GOP won it all there were some huge gaping assholes who rode the tide. This year there are a few on the Dem side. Webb is certainly one.
24th January 2007 12:04 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's an awful asshole. I don't care what he did in the 80's. He's become a huge gaping asshole & he's an embarrassment to the Senate. In 1994 when the GOP won it all there were some huge gaping assholes who rode the tide. This year there are a few on the Dem side. Webb is certainly one.

If I were a Republican, I would want all Democrats to look like Dennis Kucinich or Howard Dean. A tough military man with a son in Iraq would scare me, too.
24th January 2007 12:18 AM
glencar Hehe. To me, Webb IS just like Kucinich!
24th January 2007 12:43 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hehe. To me, Webb IS just like Kucinich!

Blank friggin' stare.
C'mon. Even cheerleader Dubya could kick Dennis's ass. And Webb could take Dubya and Cheney at the same time; yes, even with the shotgun.

Speaking of Kucinich, did you catch the look on Dubya's face as he tried to get loose from Dennis's grip on the way into the House chamber? The frat boy sneers at the hippie nerd. Priceless.
[Edited by Brainbell Jangler]
24th January 2007 12:43 AM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

It was a typical screwup! That's what pisses me off so much. The Dems overwhelmingly voted for this war with Iraq,and only when shit started going south do they whine about getting out. So their plan is to leave,and then blame the genocide and human catastrophy that will definatly follow on Bush even though they knowingly and willingly voted for this war too. So the Dems plan is to allow 3000 American troops die for nothing and then blame that all on Bush as if they bear zero responsibility for sending the troops! Let's just win the fucking war,huh! Can we not agree on this basic idea?

Riffy

They gave the president the power to go to war, which he said would be a last resort... That's his job, commander in chief. How can congress be resposible for any of that? (R) or (D), they don't handle one military decision, or one logistical component, they can fund troops. That's it. They gave the nod to Bush based on the overwhelmig evidence that was thrown at us, the stuff that didn't exist. Ans that's all I'm saying, good or bad intel doesn't matter, nothing good comes from something done on a falsehood. Whenever that moment came for them, and they realized that things were different, they needed to get real, not tell us stuff like it's okay, that the fight will be over soon, and not to act like we aren't in the middle of a civil war, that is happening as a result of our invasion, and overthrowing the regime. Cause and effect, and fucking responsibilty to act like what is really happening. More US troops or less make no difference in Iraq... Maybe you don't want to admit it, but the second we inveaded we set the ball in motion for a regional war. what other outcome is there? I'm not even saying that we shouldn't do what needs to be done... BUT!!! and The HUGE BUTT is!!! you do it right, with no bullshit faux reasons, and you do it with people who don't think two or three moves ahead. you do it with people who see it all the way through to the end. Everything to this point in Iraq is on Bush's shoulders. no one else, not congress, the military, any political party and definitely not even the people of Iraq. It's his war, he's in charge. He needs to come up with the plan, you don't start a fire, try to put it out and when it's become an inferno blame the firefighters for not getting it squelched, that's bullshit, and it pisses meoff b/c it's a blatant shirking of responsibilty. My bigest fear is fucking Al Qeada striking during this next election cycle. Our resources to go after them are compromised b/c of the waste...
24th January 2007 12:47 AM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
Hehe. To me, Webb IS just like Kucinich!

webb might not be a great speaker, but he is one patriotic american, and so is his family. his families service to our country doesn't give him a free pass politically, but he does deserve respect. 99% of the people in congress don't have a fraction of his service or family dedication to our country. There's talk and there's action, he's got action, the rest are alot of talk.
24th January 2007 02:44 AM
sirmoonie Anyway, this video has been voted RO's number one vid for the last 5 years, and the accolades I have recieved for posting it over and over - well, Jesus fucking Christ, lets just say - lets just say! - have been nothing short of humblingism.

Here, once again, check out this nitwit fool trying to be a president. Yup, thats the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America right there, after being told that the United States of America is under attack by terrorists. Watch it.......

24th January 2007 02:51 AM
pdog That video scares me as much as the attacks that happened that same day!
24th January 2007 07:24 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Hillary is evil
24th January 2007 08:18 AM
LadyJane
quote:
glencar wrote:
24/28 straight years of Bush/Clinton? Spare us all please!

Don't fall over, Blue. I AGREE with you.
Enough with the Clintons and the Bushes.

This country is TOO bitterly divided.
We need a effectual LEADER who can bridge the gap.

Not quite sure who it is or if he/she even exists.

LJ.

24th January 2007 08:53 AM
glencar His name is McCain although he's been quiet lately.
24th January 2007 09:42 AM
rasputin56 ROTFLMMFAO!!!

Did I really see stuff posted from Klein's anonymously sourced, debunked hit piece? Dick "toesucker" Morris, too? Great stuff!

I fear for Riffy's and the rest of the haters on the right's well being should Hilary get elected. (of which I, personally, am not in favor of)
[Edited by rasputin56]
24th January 2007 10:20 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Anyway, this video has been voted RO's number one vid for the last 5 years, and the accolades I have recieved for posting it over and over - well, Jesus fucking Christ, lets just say - lets just say! - have been nothing short of humblingism.

Here, once again, check out this nitwit fool trying to be a president. Yup, thats the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of the United States of America right there, after being told that the United States of America is under attack by terrorists. Watch it.......

I like this one better. You get a close-up of that "deer caught in the headlights" look on his face.

24th January 2007 10:54 AM
Lethargy Hillary is one of the more despicable humans ever born, let alone elected to office. We have to be able to do better.

It will also be humerous to watch all the whiners who bitched about a 'bush dynasty' suddenly have no issues with a 'clinton dynasty'. But hypocrisy is what her supporters are all about.
24th January 2007 10:55 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's an awful asshole. I don't care what he did in the 80's. He's become a huge gaping asshole & he's an embarrassment to the Senate. In 1994 when the GOP won it all there were some huge gaping assholes who rode the tide. This year there are a few on the Dem side. Webb is certainly one.

quote:
JB wrote:
I connot and will not address such scandalous allegations!!!! JC has made millions for the Stones and works very hard along side his dad, to ensure we win the gross, despite many venues not selling out...I love JC!!!

24th January 2007 11:19 AM
glencar I thought Callahan was an asshole as well!
24th January 2007 11:53 AM
Saint Sway heres another great clip

24th January 2007 11:57 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
Enron had nothing to do with this administration. Everyone there was punished.

everyone??

Enron: What Dick Cheney Knew

In the spring of 2001 the severity of the California energy emergency had inspired demands for government action, and Enron had a problem. Officials in California were arguing that federal price caps on wholesale energy sales would prevent profiteering and stabilize wildly fluctuating energy markets, and even some Republicans were saying that caps made sense. But the caps would cost Enron--which had come to dominate energy markets by taking advantage of deregulation--a fortune.

Enron CEO Kenneth Lay knew he needed high-level help. So he arranged to meet with a man who had headed a corporation with extensive business ties to Enron and who had been a prime recipient of Enron's political largesse. Vice President Dick Cheney cleared his calendar for an April 17 private meeting with Lay regarding what aides described as "energy policy matters" and "the energy crisis in California." At the meeting Lay handed Cheney a memo that read in part: "The administration should reject any attempt to re-regulate wholesale power markets by adopting price caps...."

The day after he met with Lay, Cheney gave a rare phone interview to the Los Angeles Times that had one recurrent theme: Price caps were out of the question. Dismissing the strategy as "short-term political relief for the politicians," Cheney bluntly declared, "I don't see that as a possibility."
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)