ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Harrods Knightsbridge. London - February 1, 2007
© 2007 Harold Cunningham with Thanks to Moy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Hillary for President! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
23rd January 2007 10:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, notice that these threads don't attract the numbers of posts that they used to.

LOL..give it time. Its only been a few hours, most of the usual suspects are asleep and as the election is 22 months away, its not exactly pressing.

quote:
If that She-Devil wins, I'll be moving somewhere else.

Bienvenue, Bleu!

23rd January 2007 10:53 AM
Ten Thousand Motels If Hillary should win (and I doubt she'll even win the nomination), but if she should win, I think she should create an entire new cabinet post and federal department specifically for Bill to head up. He could sell pardons, tranfer technology to China, shakedown corporations, entertain lobbyists, junket all over the world... hell there's no end of areas his talents could be put to good use.
23rd January 2007 10:57 AM
glencar

Bienvenue, Bleu!

[/quote]I was thinking just south of YOU!
23rd January 2007 10:59 AM
glencar
quote:
oldkr wrote:
As I can't vote here in the states it makes little difference but FYI theres nothing to stop bill being the vice president, its just president thats off limits. I know sen clinton staffers and wish hilary and them luck, at least she has name ID and is not mistaken for a terrorist like Obama in most of the fly over states....

OLDKR

Of course he can't be Veep. He's been Prez twice & the purpose of a Veep is to replace a POTUS who dies. He can't become Prez again. I'm sure certain internet twits will be hoping that he can but seriously, we Americans are so over that douchebag.
23rd January 2007 11:16 AM
rasputin56 LMAO! The only reason I even remotely like Hillary is it drags out all the hatahs who haven't quite gotten over the "wreckage" of one of the best presidents of the past 50+ years. If the word wreckage is applied to the Clinton years, I can only imagine the term that will be used to sum up this current guy's follies.

Out of control Fitzie and straight as an arrow Starr? Too funny!
23rd January 2007 11:17 AM
rasputin56
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
If Hillary should win (and I doubt she'll even win the nomination), but if she should win, I think she should create an entire new cabinet post and federal department specifically for Bill to head up. He could sell pardons, tranfer technology to China, shakedown corporations, entertain lobbyists, junket all over the world... hell there's no end of areas his talents could be put to good use.

You forgot intern training leader.
23rd January 2007 11:21 AM
glencar There are some of us who have been disappointed by W lately. If there was a decent opposition, he'd be in even more trouble. That said, Clintoon was a national embarrassment & the less I see of that pair of dunces, the better for my blood pressure.
23rd January 2007 11:26 AM
rasputin56
quote:
glencar wrote:
Of course he can't be Veep. He's been Prez twice & the purpose of a Veep is to replace a POTUS who dies. He can't become Prez again. I'm sure certain internet twits will be hoping that he can but seriously, we Americans are so over that douchebag.

And I believe he can be VP. The key words in the 22nd Amdmt. are "elected to the office of the President".
23rd January 2007 11:26 AM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

She is a bitch from the word go.

No way! by all means... we don't want a bitch in the office.
23rd January 2007 11:27 AM
glencar
quote:
rasputin56 wrote:

And I believe he can be VP. The key words in the 22nd Amdmt. are "elected to the office of the President".

This has already been discussed by that crowd. They concluded a while ago that he can't do it. We're all better off for that.
23rd January 2007 11:30 AM
rasputin56 Actually according to Yale Law School professor Akhil Reed Amar, American University Washington College of Law professor Jamin B. Raskin, George Washington University Law School professor Jeffrey Rosen, and Northern Illinois University professor of history David Kyvig, he can.

Disappointed. Good word.
23rd January 2007 11:33 AM
glencar There's always a minority voice who will push any view.
23rd January 2007 12:32 PM
Dan I have a feeling McCain may get the nomination but he has since hitched his sail to the sinking Bush ship so I don't see him winning the general election against Clinton, or anyone else. Also look for Colorado to be thee swing state of 2008.
23rd January 2007 12:40 PM
LadyJane Rudy Giuliani vs Hillary Clinton.

That's my current prediction.

If that is the ticket, Rudy will win. I could live with that.

Ronald McDonald would be a better Prez than Dubya.

Hillary is un-electible imhfo.

My party....

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
23rd January 2007 12:42 PM
glencar Guilaina won't get the GOP nomination. Look for McCain v. Clinton. Go with McCain & thank me later.
23rd January 2007 12:44 PM
rasputin56 Rudy will never get by the right wing nuts. If for some miracle he should, look for various corruption and sexual daliances charges to come flooding to the forefront. McCain also will have issues with the Dobsons and Falwells of the world.

Someone said a week or so ago that out of all the contending Republican candidates, the only one who hasn't had more than one wife was the Mormon.
23rd January 2007 12:47 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
the less I see of that pair of dunces, the better for my blood pressure.

23rd January 2007 12:48 PM
glencar nigga puhleeze...
23rd January 2007 12:52 PM
Dan The nomination will be a 2 way race between McCain and Romney and the nominee is likely to be a sacrificial lamb ala Dole '96. Republicans are splitting apart and I don't see it correcting itself by 2008. Romney would be the best bet for the Republicans as he isn't closely tied to the failed Bush policies. My own personal choices are 1. Rep Ron Paul 2. Tom Tancredo otherwise I will likely just throw my vote away on a third party as I doubt I would find either party particularly trustworthy.
23rd January 2007 01:02 PM
glencar Romney's problem is an inability to keep track of his positions. Or more accurately, an inability to explain why he's changed his mind on some major issues.
23rd January 2007 01:05 PM
rasputin56 That we call "flip-flopping" and pandering to any particular group just to get elected. I believe that is considered bad. Or does that just apply to Democrats?
23rd January 2007 01:07 PM
glencar There's flipflopping & there's "I voted for the $87 billion before I voted against it!" Changing one's mind from what one thought 12 years ago isn't something that bothers me. Yourself?
23rd January 2007 01:11 PM
rasputin56 No, I believe in changing one's mind, adapting, seeing things different ways. If it were only that $87 Billion line (and if people didn't understand what he meant, they deserved Bush), then you'd have a point but I believe changing one's mind, regardless of time, was considered bad. And you don't have to go back 12 years for Mitt. Just take a look at the shit he was selling to get himself elected in MA. He is Kerry x10.
23rd January 2007 01:17 PM
Jeep
23rd January 2007 01:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
On one of the cable newswers, a campaign operative noted howe Bubba went into solidly Dem areas during the 2000 NY senate race whilst Bitchface went among the independents & palyed to the middle. I don't think this could work nationally.

quote:
JB wrote:
nother non-sell out...The really must have goit some excellnt guarantees to play these dreadful venues....

23rd January 2007 01:26 PM
ComeAsYouAre
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Rudy Giuliani vs Hillary Clinton.

My vote too.
23rd January 2007 01:30 PM
Some Guy Anyone heard about the current administration trying to change the law to get a 3rd term or something to that effect?
23rd January 2007 01:31 PM
Saint Sway Sorry, this thread has reached the maximum number of replies allowed for one thread. New posts are not allowed.
23rd January 2007 01:32 PM
glencar 24/28 straight years of Bush/Clinton? Spare us all please!
23rd January 2007 01:50 PM
Riffhard Someguy I get the Patton reference! By the way if you're looking for a very insightful read on the greatest general in the history of war then look no further than "Generla Patton-A Soldiers Life" by Stanly Hirshson. It was first published in 2002,and it is the by far the most comprehensive bio to date on Patton.

If he were alive today he would bitch slap the entire Dem party starting with the Clintons,and they would know that they deserved it too!

Riffy
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)