ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE REAL, HONEST CHICAGO REVIEW Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
12th October 2006 02:07 PM
jb Did anybody get laid?
12th October 2006 02:08 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
Sad to see you reacting this way Sway

You're an idiot.

You went to a show in the freezing cold and Keith (surprise!) had an off night. So you start a thread here, and wherever else, that Keith must of had a stroke.

Its not an "opinion". Every night he performs its a proven a medical fact that he didnt.

You're such a moron.

No way he performs after a stroke. No way.

Why dont you just start rumors that he couldnt play because he's back on heroin.

Or better yet just go ahead and say that he no longer goes down the catwalks because he secretly has a wooden leg that they put in after his fall.

Hey, why not start a thread saying he cant remember songs because he's Bi-Polar.

Go ahead and post it because its all the same. Its all bullshit.

Pug, you are nothing but a moron that went to a freezing cold show and saw a 63yr old man with arthritis struggle to play and decided to post a rumor that he had a stroke.

12th October 2006 02:10 PM
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
so you aren't buying the stroke rumour.

How the hell would I (or anyone 'round here) know? However, I did post here after the palm tree incident that I wouldn't be surprised if it was a cover for some other type of medical condition. If you made me guess: I think what we're seeing is a mix of things:
1) The man is tired.
2) The "slide" caused by the wear of time is simply continuing.
3) Keith knows this is the last tour, and he's self-medicating to a degree his body cannot handle well.
12th October 2006 02:10 PM
deuce
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Or better yet just go ahead and say that he no longer goes down the catwalks because he secretly has a wooden leg that they put in after his fall.

Hey, why not start a thread saying he cant remember songs because he's Bi-Polar.

I find this oddly humorous
12th October 2006 02:14 PM
Some Guy my wife bought U2 Zoo TV tour live from Sydney dvd last night and it's hot. I saw the show in 93 in Atlanta and did not know the dvd was out. Hot.
12th October 2006 02:15 PM
voodoopug
quote:
deuce wrote:

I find this oddly humorous

I have no evidence to suggest that there is a wooden leg conspiracy.
12th October 2006 02:17 PM
SheRat
quote:
jb wrote:
Did anybody get laid?

I did. But not in Chicago.

12th October 2006 02:17 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
I doubt Mick got laid, jb; what, with all the clothes the chicks had to wear in the frigid temps, how could he discern who was worthy??

Mick is no longer sleeping around because he now has AIDS. This was clearly evident last night when he failed to walk his normal length of 40 feet down the catwalk during Brown Sugar, but instead only went about 18 feet and then headed back. He then walked slowly up the stairs. Both Charlie and Ronnie looked concerned.

I can make these assumptions because I am a dimwit named Voodoo Pug and I went to the show and I post on the internet.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
12th October 2006 02:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

You're an idiot.

You went to a show in the freezing cold and Keith (surprise!) had an off night. So you start a thread here, and wherever else, that Keith must of had a stroke.

Its not an "opinion". Every night he performs its a proven a medical fact that he didnt.

You're such a moron.

No way he performs after a stroke. No way.

Why dont you just start rumors that he couldnt play because he's back on heroin.

Go ahead and post it because its all the same. Its all bullshit.

Pug, you are nothing but a moron that went to a freezing cold show and saw a 63yr old man with arthritis struggle to play and decided to post a rumor that he had a stroke.

You have successfully completed your witch hunt of "RollingStonesUSA", who commited the unique crime of not representing himself as 100% truth on a message board.

Now you are really looking foolish with your actions, Blue was right about you....and to think I stood up for you to him before. Glencar, I am very sorry for not taking your advice with regards to Sway, you were correct, and I am not too proud to admit when I was wrong, and in this case my friend, you were right and I was wrong.
12th October 2006 02:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Sway I don't think that Pug was trying to start a rumor. That's his take, so what? What he posted might well be Bull Shit...I read his post this am and took it with a grain of salt...like every other post unless it's an official source or half way decent leaker....and even then you can't be sure. One thing for sure Keith won't go down without a fight, he's a scrapper and a survivor.
Poplar
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
my wife bought U2 Zoo TV tour live from Sydney dvd last night and it's hot. I saw the show in 93 in Atlanta and did not know the dvd was out. Hot.

Awesome show!!! That DVD is U2 at their best. That tour was fucking brilliant, as avant garde as rock has been in decades.
Saint Sway Pug, I couldnt care less what you think of me.

And no one is buying your stroke story.

get a clue
Drewby haha

somebody has lost all credibility in my book
worst review ever!
12th October 2006 02:28 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Did anybody get laid?<

I did, I got some head too. But like SheRat, I wasn't in Chicago either.

Oh, just to quell any rumors(since rumor mongering seems rampant in this thread)...I wasn't with SheRat either.
12th October 2006 02:29 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Awesome show!!! That DVD is U2 at their best. That tour was fucking brilliant, as avant garde as rock has been in decades.

I had no idea that it was out on dvd, the 4 of them out in the middle was brilliant. I shall watch more tonight. It was very well filmed ands sounds sensational.
12th October 2006 02:31 PM
Poplar
For all the talk about Stones stages - the Zoo TV stage was the coolest thing ever. EVER.
12th October 2006 02:32 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Poplar wrote:

For all the talk about Stones stages - the Zoo TV stage was the coolest thing ever. EVER.

It looks good and Sydney rocks!!
12th October 2006 02:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot You two should go lick Bono's puckered bunghole.
12th October 2006 02:33 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Sway I don't think that Pug was trying to start a rumor. That's his take, so what? What he posted might well be Bull Shit...I read his post this am and took it with a grain of salt...like every other post unless it's an official source or half way decent leaker....and even then you can't be sure. One thing for sure Keith won't go down without a fight, he's a scrapper and a survivor.

well put.
12th October 2006 02:34 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
You two should go lick Bono's puckered bunghole.

it may not have been puckered in 93.
12th October 2006 02:35 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Did anybody get laid?<

Oh, just to quell any rumors(since rumor mongering seems rampant in this thread)...I wasn't with SheRat either.

So didn't Goofy and Mickey Mouse according to the latest from the rumor mill.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
12th October 2006 02:37 PM
Dan I saw that tour on my birthday at Dodger Stadium. Killer show! Public Enemy opened and were also great.
12th October 2006 03:07 PM
polytoxic Okay fine, there's no stroke. Whatever. The point is Keith is way off, even for Keith. The decline is happening rapidly and right in front of our eyes. Anyone who gives a fuck about the Stones would be rightfully concerned. Sure it's the internet age and we can all gossip about a band in a way people couldn't in the 70's, for example. Imagine if every time Keith was fucked up in the 70's somebody went on the net and spilled the beans and evryone discussed the smallest details of this junk habit? Of the internal politics with Bill etc.
Legends will never be the same in the internet era. I didn't think for a second, VP was trying to state a medical fact, we're just groping for answers. We should be. At least this thread hasn't been closed. I love the Stones but I'm not a slave of their publicists. keep your head up, VP, I don't know you but I've read your posts and I know you love the Stones and have a head on your shoulders.
Sway, I like your posts as well. Lighten up on Pug will ya? That last one sounded like Amy going off on Amorica.org. In the absence of openness the fans fill in the blanks on the net. That's the way the business works these days. I think it's intrusive to dig too deep into someone's private life, no matter how famous they are--that's just the golden rule. But what we see on stage every night is fair game.
12th October 2006 03:10 PM
jb Well said.
12th October 2006 03:12 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Well said.

Nanky ?!

12th October 2006 03:21 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Listen to Glasgow - imho, an "A" show, with Keith (and the band) kicking all kinds of ass. great boot!!!
Listen to Wichita - the BEST of the US Fall shows, and Keith really struggles.

I have no freaking clue as to why, but something is up. Keith, if by chance you're reading this - take care of yourself.

I'm tellin ya...it's booze...he was pefectly presentable in performance and appearance in Wichita...less than 2 weeks prior...and in NY and Chicago he's gassed...he's drinking...big deal...it's the Rolling Stones
12th October 2006 03:23 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Did anybody get laid?<

I got nothing last night...and quite frankly, at this point in time, I deserve it more than most
12th October 2006 03:29 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:
Did anybody get laid?

No, but I heard a rumor some people might have had a few strokes.
12th October 2006 03:51 PM
SheRat
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

I got nothing last night...and quite frankly, at this point in time, I deserve it more than most

Does this help?

12th October 2006 03:59 PM
Nellcote This thread is taking a turn, why with all of this talk of shagging..this great hit from my youth comes to mind...
I always wanted to be Steve McQueen...

Star, Star...

Baby, baby, I've been so sad since you've been gone
way back to New York City
where you do belong
Honey, I missed your two toned kisses,
legs wrapped around me tight
If I ever get back to Fun City, girl,
I'm gonna make you scream all night.

Honey, honey, call me on the telephone,
I know you're movin' out to Hollywood
with your can of tasty foam
All those beat up friends of mine
got to get you in their gloves
And lead guitars and movie stars
get in the tub and get your hood.

Yeah! You're a star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star
yeah, a star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star,
a star fucker, star fucker, star fucker, star fucker star.

Yeah, I heard about you Polaroid's,
now that's what I call obscene,
your tricks with fruit was kind a cute,
I bet you keep your pussy clean.
Honey, I miss your two tone kisses,
legs wrapped around me tight.
If I ever get back to New York, girl,
gonna make you scream all night.

Yeah, Ali McGraw got mad with you
for givin' head to Steve McQueen,
yeah, you and me we made a pretty pair,
ballin' through the Silver Screen.
Honey, I'm open to anything
I don't know where to draw the line.
Yeah, I'm makin' bets that you don't get
John Wayne before he dies.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)