ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE REAL, HONEST CHICAGO REVIEW Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
14th October 2006 04:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
Poplar wrote:

this could all be as simple as a case of the flu - worsened by a terrible stretch of bad weather. He'll have a great show in Seattle and people will have to adjust their little theories.

I sincerely hope to fuck you're right. Seems the shows where most comments have been made have been those that have had the worst weather conditions.
14th October 2006 11:44 PM
playguitar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

They still indeed put on a great show. I just hope theyre all going to continue being physically able to do so

I'll drink a drink or 2 to that. Amen.
15th October 2006 12:25 AM
TomL Wooooooooooo Woooooooooooooo.....................

First a big thanks to our van driver Pete who made it a great day. He picked us up from the hotel then to the Shiddobbe party, to the venue, back to the hotel and then to the Mines. Hat's off to ya.

Nanky picked me up around 7AM wednesady and off to Dulles we went. He was not feeling well so chiba and Jamisons were on the menu. Got into Midway around 10:30 and met Meg, Paula, Got2rollme and Miss Peggy. Arived to the hotel around noon where we went to Kitty O'Sheas and started them flowing. Glencar and Boomy joined us. Pam arrived with a big bag of booze, Woo Woo. I liked sherats comment. Shoulda been there.

We all went back to the room and partied like it was 1969. Pete picked us up and off to the shiddobbee party we went. Got to see Cathy there buit sorry I missed Isabel and Lena. I always forget the guy that passes out the beads name? And was Happy to finally be greeted by Pug. We had some drinks then Pete picked us back up and off to the show. Was pretty chilly but the booze and chiba was within us. Was getting nervous and was hoping SOL would not be played. Saw Pam in the crowd. Show time.

YGMR- great opener, something different.
MM- always great
Sway- we are the Sway team Martha and Meg.
She Was Hot- always a tingle moment when a world first is played.
SOL- I sang my heart out with Meg(Bitch made me)But it was very well done.
Rambler- Hot, Hot, Hot.
YGTS and T&A- I can agree with all the comments passed around but I am going to take it as they are still playing and like everyone else the are human. Keep on Rocking Kieth, till you drop.
UMT instead of Miss you, like Giants was a blessing.

Rest of the show was a standard but was good.

Me Meg, Glencar and Peggy rushed the B. Sound was not that great but we handled it. Percaset Peggy was going wild during SFTD. Bad rotater cuff my ass.

Shows over Pete picks us up on time and on schedule, back to the hotel to freshen up the chiba and vodka. I think we drank all the vodka in Chicago.

All we could talk about was She Was Hot. Off to the Mines we go. Saint of me and Pittsburgh Joe stopped in from Shiddobbee. We partyed till 4 or so and finnally made it back to the hotel around 5 or so, I think.

Up around 11 or so to find me and Nanky to a wake N bake. Then it was off to LJ' room where we did another wake N bake and off to the whrilpool and pool. Meg and Peggy joined us there where we just fucking chilled. By the way fuck was used 2,578 times in two days. Per person. Especally that Peggy, what a wild women. After that we went back to the rooms to Bake and shower. We met at Kitty' O'Sheas again and off to Mortons we went. I think it was me, meg, alan, glencar, boomy(or Bambi as his new name), Got2rollme(Who was a pleasure to meet and a great gal), The Queen, Percaset Peggy, and Mindy.

Dinner was great(at the first Morton's ever) and they had Lobsters as big as your head. I got a rib eye with bone in but they would not let me knaw on it. Al got to have his cigar finnally. And it cured his sickness along with a bottle of wine and Doctor Jack Daniels. I know I am missing a lot of shit but my mind is fading............

Off to Buddy Guys we go after Morton's. The bouncer there thought he saw some chiba and you would of thought Bush was coming. Real fucking jar head. We drank there for awhile, mightnight or so and off to the PJ party we went. Al was feeling real fine so he decided to go back to his favorite place the Mines.

There is not much I can say about the PJ party as it is top secert. Too many people, too much booze, too much chiba. I found all kinda clothes the next morning. Wow. Where did that sheep(with hole and lips) end up. That Meg is a spicy tomale. I think Boomy had a good time as well as glencar. Peggy has the whole thing documented but I doubt if she can de code the shit. The F word was used alot by all but me I behaved. We did laugh alot, which is good for the soul.

Before I forget- Sept 08- Chicago Summit 3 will take place at the Chicago Hilton.

So we wake at 9 or so and it is time to wake N bake agian. Got2roll me stopped by before her early flight and we said our good byes. Great lady. Back to Kittys we go. Sheppards Pie and beer, the best.

Off to the airport where we just made our flight. We got there (gate) at 4:55 and our flight left at 5:05. Thank god it was late. Peggy feed us carmel corn while waiting in line. Meg was so drunk she did not know where she was.

Just re-couping now to write this, but the beers are starting to flow.

What a great fucking time with great fucking people. Money can not buy that. So many memories in so little time. JB you were missed. Joey I thought of Paris's pee pee alot.

Pam- So glad to see you again. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BOOZE. Wish we could of spent more time together, 08 sister. We'll be back. Stones or no Stones. It's a done deal. I just can't say fuck you enough. Fucker. Hope your friend is ok. LOL Tom.

Miss(Get your blues on)Mindy- Nice rooming with ya and you put bubbles into bubbles. AC sister.

Cathy- Glad I got to see you at O'Mallys wish we had more time, Fucker.

Percaset Peggy- Hat's off to ya sister(Meg your a saint)thanks for the night night pill and all your humor, I laughed my ass off. But I could not tell you were gay. You went both ways at the PJ party.

Glencar- Stay away from guys like us and keep them skys safe. It was a pleasure to have ya at the PJ party. I could not keep up with you, Wow.

Rob/Pittsburgh Joe- Thanks for coming to the Mines. Nice to see you guys again.

Pete/Isabel- Many many thanks. We were sooooooooooooooo happy with what Pete did. We want to schedule him for Sept 08. I can not say thanks enough.

Sherat- loved the statement I would of bit.......

Lena- sorry I missed you. See you in AC.

Got2RollMe- I am so glad you made this decision. I hope it was worth your trip and you made some new friends. I am proud to call you my friend. Don't be so shy next time(AC) come on down. THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE DAY. Gold rings on you.

Pug- Thanks for the greet. Chicago may of not sold out, but the show was awesome.

Gazza/Voo- wish you were there. I still can't believe I sang SOL. I told Meg I was going to piss and she handed me a cup.

Boomy- Was a pleasure and Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoyed the fuck fest. Boy you young guys can go a long time. I know you wanted Peggy but she had eyes for Glencar. Hope to see you soon.

LJ- Boy your having a hard time staying a few more days. Thanks for arranging all this stuff you Buffalo fucker. Thanks for the B-Chips. Did you get that pic of Paris's pee pee? Is was so nice to see you again. Words do not do justice. PERFECT. We will do the same in 08. Four at one time(including Peggy) at the PJ party, WOW. See u in AC.

Meg- So nice to see you again and to be forced to sing SOL. It was good though. Great seats and a world first. You were hot, hot , hot. First time I ever skinny dipped in a bathtub. I can't take no more I have to give you up 2 PA in AC. I'm still trying to figure out how you.......well never mind. LMFAO. Your good people sister. Peggy on the other hand(kidding) what a boat full. I got to say how did your ticket stub get up my anus? Well we will figure that out at the Beacon, cause we are going to be there. See you at the cook out.

Nanky- WOW. I don't know what to say except thank you for every thing. You are the best traveling buddy ever. I am so thankful to have a friend like you, and so close. Shows will come and go but we will be friends forver. Yea I do got one thing to say.............

ONE LOVE, ONE LOVE........................

What a great show and a great time. Looking forwar to 08.

Gald I can not remember all to tell. We did not get Halifaxed but we got Telied.

One thing I will always remember..............

ON A COLD CHICAGO NIGHT................................
15th October 2006 12:34 AM
voodoopug
quote:
playguitar wrote:

I'll drink a drink or 2 to that. Amen.

so will I
15th October 2006 10:13 AM
lotsajizz So we wake up Thursday morning after the show and the newspaper and according to WGN news (Pug's favorite)..........
Mick Jagger, Bono, Oprah ('The Three Musketeers'?) and others were supposed to be at the Gap at Michigan and Ohio at 9:30 a.m. just a block down from the Intercontinental where we were staying. It was about a Robert Shriver/Bono project to market clothing and other product lines from certain large companies to benefit African AIDS victims. I figured no is on time for these, so leisurely went down, with every intention of avoiding what I thought would be a circus and instead go do some shopping at the Virgin Megastore across the street. But I walked out, saw the red carpet and lights and quickly ascertained that I could secure a good spot. I did and got in the cell phone to the better half who was lingering in the room. She came right down, and then the snow did again also!!
We were in the island between the two halves of Michigan Avenue and the intersection with Ohio where the cops let us set up, right across from the Gap with an unobstructed view. You can imagine our disappointment when only Oprah and Bono drove up, Oprah driving a red Porsche. They pulled up, Bono got out and then came over to my side to open Oprah's door. We saw them unobstructed from about ten feet away, they went into the store, and my wife and I kissed and went our separate ways--she to the heat of the room to keep packing. I went across the street to the Virgin Megastore to buy that new Stones/Exile book by Greenfield. When I came out, I went back to the island just in time to see the two celebs emerege from the Gap and continue north up Michigan Avenue, pursued by paparazzi, snow swirling around them....surreal...
15th October 2006 01:06 PM
JumpingKentFlash
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
As I have always held to, I tell it like it is...there will be no sugar coating here.....Below is the accurate review of the show:

THE POSITIVES:

1. Song Selections - While I agree that 18 is a low number, the weather made sense of it. Big Kudos to Mick and Chuck for the songs chosen. Two songs that I had NEVER seen live and a surprising opener. Very Nice

2. She Was Hot - Sounded as if it has been a part of the setlist for years. Crowd received it great, performance was very good...of course the "Cold CHicago Night" line drew major applause.

3. Mick Jagger - He didnt fuck around...Aside from a dreadful wardrobe.....he rammed the stake firmly into the top of the mountain as the top frontman in music....no one is even in Mick's league.

4. Charlie - Steady as usual, not one missed beat.

5. Soldier Field Staff - Very easy to get in the stadium, no one was being pushy, good "vibe" in the stadium, good job done by the entire soldier field staff.

6. Preparty - aside from the crowd being triple the size anticipated, our food was fantastic and everyone was very nice. Got to see "The Summit Crew", met and spoke to Nanatod (very nice guy), several shidoobees, very nice to see just about everyone.

7. The sound - The mix/volume was very good, first time in a while I had not only heard Daryl so well, but when Ronnie would play a solo, they would kick up his volume just enough to bring him front and center.

8. MOST IMPORTANTLY - RONNIE WOOD. I OWE MR. WOOD A SINCERE APOLOGY. FOR THE LAST FEW YEARS, I HAVE BEEN VERY ROUGH ON RONNIE AS I FELT HE "JUST COULD NOT DO IT" ANYMORE AND WOULD RATHER WAVE AND PANDER TO THE CROWD. I HAVE TO ASSUME THAT SOMEONE HAD A SERIOUS CONVERSATION WITH RONNIE AND TOLD HIM THAT THEY "REALLY NEED HIM" THIS TIME. I PERSONALLY HAVE NEVER HEARD RONNIE PLAY THE WAY HE DID, HE PLAYED AS IF HE HAD SOMETHING TO PROVE, LIKE A MAN IN HIS TWENTIES. IN KEY EVERY SOLO, PLENTY OF EXTRA LICKS, AND AS I WILL GET TO LATER, SEEMINGLY PLAYED TWO GUITAR PARTS AT ONCE ON MANY OCCASSIONS. TO MR WOOD: I APOLOGIZE FOR PREACHING THAT YOU COULD NOT DO IT ANYMORE, YOU SEEM VERY FOCUSED NOW AND CARRIED THE BAND SEVERAL TIMES LAST NIGHT AND REALLY BROUGHT IT HOME. THANK YOU.

The Negatives:

1. Attendance - Anyone who uses weather/prices/etc as justification is living in fantasy land. THEY TARPED OFF THE ENTIRE UPPER SECTIONS....APPROXIMATELY 20K OR MORE SEATS......NOT SOLD, NO ONE THERE. I SEEN ONLY TWO SECTIONS ON THE WEST SIDE WITH PEOPLE THERE. My sister purchased 5th row directly off to the side of the stage (four tickets) at $100 total, $25 each. My friend that came with my wife and I purchased a ticket seated right up against the B Stage on the way into the stadium for $35. Sadly, all of these tickets showed a face value of $0.....whether the sheep will admit it or not......THAT IS A PAPERED TICKET....THEY GAVE THEM AWAY FOR FREE AND THOSE FOLKS STILL REFUSED TO GO INTO THE STADIUM!!!!!!!!! If this is truly the last show in Chicago as I predict, then Michael Cohl and anyone else involved with choosing a stadium venue for the 10th stop since 2002 in Chicago should be ashamed of themselves. While my last memory of Chicago Stones will include a very memorable SHE WAS HOT, it will be tainted by the fact that Cohl set them up to look like jackasses......As anyone in a local band will tell you, and I did it a few times myself, there is no worse feeling as a musician to look out to your crowd and see so many people who have always come out to see you deciding to stay home. Greed on behalf of Cohl has decimated the image of the stones in Chicago! Even FUCKING BON JOVI SOLD OUT SOLDIER FIELD THIS YEAR!!!! This is unaccepatable and all real, and intelligent fans should be outraged and embarrassed!

2. Bootleg T Shirts - They were extremely abundant outside the stadium.....but nothing bigger than the occassional XL, which ran pretty small...I passed. Seeing as though I had all of the official T Shirts that I wanted and nothing new was for sale....this would have been a nice momento...but I guess they have to keep their costs down as well. More disturbing was the police arresting several people trying to sell tickets (at about 10% of face value....taking no money out of Cohl's greedy little pocket), but nevered bothered anyone (literally hundreds) who was selling bootlegged merchandise. Again, I am not asking for them to stop people from selling merchandise...I am all for it......but let the guys sell Stones tickets outside the venue for $8-$50...(See: Rocks Off Member Dan).

3. Beer Vendors - Watch where the fuck you are walking! I had an Aisle seat and took about 12 "beer trays" to my kidney because he had is head up his ass!

Now on to a more serious note. Many of us here have a great time and post with a lot of humor...please allow me to step aside from any pre conceived feelings any posters have with regards to my posts and personalities...this is as genuine as I can be, and I am posting this next part with as much respect as I have to offer.

Regarding Keith Richards:

Growing up, the Stones, and particularly Keith played a big role in our family's entertainment, my parents are die hard fans, and we always attended every concert in Chicago. My Dad took me to my first concert when I was 4 years old. As I grew older and got married, started my own family, etc, I grew into a position where I was able to travel with my wife and/or friends to see several shows througout the country. And finally, as a musician, I have the utmost respect for Keith's contributions to his craft. I have tried to learn how to play many of his "signature riffs", and find his use of the open tuning, and evolution of the "Chuck Berry sound" artistically wonderful.

What I seen last night was not the Keith I grew up to admire. This is by no means a knock on the man, Keith has given his heart and soul to his music, his band, and his fans...he owes me or anyone else on this board NOTHING. I can't think of another way to say this other than it broke my heart last night seeing Keith. He was very frail, struggling at times to remember the songs, was coming in at the wrong time, and ultimately, ended up playing the opening riff when it was his part....and then stayed beside, or sometimes behind Charlie the entire night. He only walked down the side catwalks once during the entire show. Again, this is not a mean spirited attack, this is a heartfelt conclusion.

I fear our beloved Keith is very ill. Several times members of the band would be "checking with him". It is my decision that Mr. Richards had suffered a stroke at some point. Below is some observations with relation to Keith last night:

Stroke Effects

Stroke can affect people in different ways. It depends on the type of stroke, the area of the brain affected and the extent of the brain injury. Brain injury from a stroke can affect the senses, motor activity, speech and the ability to understand speech. It can also affect behavioral and thought patterns, memory and emotions. Paralysis or weakness on one side of the body is common.

Most of these problems can improve over time. In some patients they will go away completely.

How can a stroke affect emotions?

Some areas of the brain produce emotions, just as other parts produce movement or allow us to see, hear, smell or taste. If these areas are injured by a stroke, a survivor may cry easily or have sudden mood swings, often for no apparent reason. This is called emotional lability. Laughing uncontrollably also may occur but isn't as common as crying. Depression is common as stroke survivors recover and as they come to terms with any impairment that doesn't fully go away.

How can a stroke cause loss of awareness?

Stroke often causes people to lose mobility and/or feeling in an arm and/or leg. If this affects the left side of the body (caused by a stroke on the right side of the brain), stroke survivors may also forget or ignore their weaker side. This problem is called neglect. As a result, they may ignore items on their affected side and not think that their left arm or leg belongs to them. They also may dress only one side of their bodies and think they're fully dressed. Bumping into furniture or door jambs is also common.

How can a stroke affect perception?

A stroke can also affect seeing, touching, moving and thinking, so a person's perception of everyday objects may be changed. Stroke survivors may not be able to recognize and understand familiar objects the way they did before. When vision is affected, objects may look closer or farther away than they really are. This causes survivors to have spills at the table or collisions or falls when they walk.

How can a stroke affect hearing and speech?

Stroke usually doesn't cause hearing loss, but people may have problems understanding speech. They also may have trouble saying what they're thinking. This is called aphasia. Aphasia affects the ability to talk, listen, read and write. It's most common with a stroke on the left side of the brain, which may also weaken the body's right side.

A related problem is that a stroke can affect muscles used in talking (those in the tongue, palate and lips). Speech can be slowed, slurred or distorted, so stroke survivors can be hard to understand. This is called dysarthria. It may require the help of a speech expert.

How can a stroke affect chewing and swallowing food?

The problem with chewing and swallowing food is called dysphagia. It can occur when muscles on one side of the mouth are weak. One or both sides of the mouth can also lack feeling, increasing the risk of choking.

How can a stroke affect the ability to think clearly?

Parts of the brain allow us to form long-term and short-term memories. (Short-term memories help us remember why we got up and walked into the next room, for example.) With injury to these areas, it may be hard to plan and carry out even simple activities. Stroke survivors may not know how to start a task, confuse the sequence of logical steps in tasks, or forget how to do tasks they've done many times before.

Although many argue, that "Thats Just Keith"....it was not. Every one of those symptoms were clearly displayed. compound this with his arthritic hands, and Keith was really having problems. For the first time ever.....I did not see Keith having any fun out there, he was hurting.

I really think it is time to think about shutting this thing down. For Keith's sake, I'd hate to see a man who loves his kids so much risk his life like he is. I will be very shocked if Keith survives past the end of 2007, and that is painful as a die hard fan. He needs medical attention and is not well. I only wish him the best and hope he recovers, but it pains me to see someone who loves playing music so much struggling to do it.

One final example: The beginning of Midnight Rambler was delayed...I could see the backstage from my seat....Keith could not remember/play the intro. Listen carefully to the boot when it comes out....Ronnie Wood played the intro...Keith picked it up later in the song.

Please take a moment to wish Keith the best...he really needs it and I hate seeing him in such discomfort.

Maybe Keith was just cold? After what I saw him do in Horsens he wasn't ill or anything. He was AWESOME there.
15th October 2006 01:28 PM
lotsajizz it's more than the cold
15th October 2006 02:07 PM
GotToRollMe Pug, thank you very much for a heartfelt and very accurate review. I don't agree with your stroke theory, but otherwise you were spot on. Let's hope that after this tour is over, Keith will go somewhere warm, get the rest and rehabilitation he needs, and spend some time with his family. The man needs a break, and I think it's safe to say we all keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
15th October 2006 03:01 PM
glencar Pug is a doctor now? Med school in between posts? WTF???
15th October 2006 03:13 PM
voodoopug
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
Pug, thank you very much for a heartfelt and very accurate review. I don't agree with your stroke theory, but otherwise you were spot on. Let's hope that after this tour is over, Keith will go somewhere warm, get the rest and rehabilitation he needs, and spend some time with his family. The man needs a break, and I think it's safe to say we all keep him in our thoughts and prayers.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]

Thank you for your reply, It is great that you were able to disagree with me without the personal attacks that many have decided to do. I commend you!
15th October 2006 04:23 PM
mojoman
quote:
TomL wrote:
Wooooooooooo Woooooooooooooo.....................

First a big thanks to our van driver Pete who made it a great day. He picked us up from the hotel then to the Shiddobbe party, to the venue, back to the hotel and then to the Mines. Hat's off to ya.

Nanky picked me up around 7AM wednesady and off to Dulles we went. He was not feeling well so chiba and Jamisons were on the menu. Got into Midway around 10:30 and met Meg, Paula, Got2rollme and Miss Peggy. Arived to the hotel around noon where we went to Kitty O'Sheas and started them flowing. Glencar and Boomy joined us. Pam arrived with a big bag of booze, Woo Woo. I liked sherats comment. Shoulda been there.

We all went back to the room and partied like it was 1969. Pete picked us up and off to the shiddobbee party we went. Got to see Cathy there buit sorry I missed Isabel and Lena. I always forget the guy that passes out the beads name? And was Happy to finally be greeted by Pug. We had some drinks then Pete picked us back up and off to the show. Was pretty chilly but the booze and chiba was within us. Was getting nervous and was hoping SOL would not be played. Saw Pam in the crowd. Show time.

YGMR- great opener, something different.
MM- always great
Sway- we are the Sway team Martha and Meg.
She Was Hot- always a tingle moment when a world first is played.
SOL- I sang my heart out with Meg(Bitch made me)But it was very well done.
Rambler- Hot, Hot, Hot.
YGTS and T&A- I can agree with all the comments passed around but I am going to take it as they are still playing and like everyone else the are human. Keep on Rocking Kieth, till you drop.
UMT instead of Miss you, like Giants was a blessing.

Rest of the show was a standard but was good.

Me Meg, Glencar and Peggy rushed the B. Sound was not that great but we handled it. Percaset Peggy was going wild during SFTD. Bad rotater cuff my ass.

Shows over Pete picks us up on time and on schedule, back to the hotel to freshen up the chiba and vodka. I think we drank all the vodka in Chicago.

All we could talk about was She Was Hot. Off to the Mines we go. Saint of me and Pittsburgh Joe stopped in from Shiddobbee. We partyed till 4 or so and finnally made it back to the hotel around 5 or so, I think.

Up around 11 or so to find me and Nanky to a wake N bake. Then it was off to LJ' room where we did another wake N bake and off to the whrilpool and pool. Meg and Peggy joined us there where we just fucking chilled. By the way fuck was used 2,578 times in two days. Per person. Especally that Peggy, what a wild women. After that we went back to the rooms to Bake and shower. We met at Kitty' O'Sheas again and off to Mortons we went. I think it was me, meg, alan, glencar, boomy(or Bambi as his new name), Got2rollme(Who was a pleasure to meet and a great gal), The Queen, Percaset Peggy, and Mindy.

Dinner was great(at the first Morton's ever) and they had Lobsters as big as your head. I got a rib eye with bone in but they would not let me knaw on it. Al got to have his cigar finnally. And it cured his sickness along with a bottle of wine and Doctor Jack Daniels. I know I am missing a lot of shit but my mind is fading............

Off to Buddy Guys we go after Morton's. The bouncer there thought he saw some chiba and you would of thought Bush was coming. Real fucking jar head. We drank there for awhile, mightnight or so and off to the PJ party we went. Al was feeling real fine so he decided to go back to his favorite place the Mines.

There is not much I can say about the PJ party as it is top secert. Too many people, too much booze, too much chiba. I found all kinda clothes the next morning. Wow. Where did that sheep(with hole and lips) end up. That Meg is a spicy tomale. I think Boomy had a good time as well as glencar. Peggy has the whole thing documented but I doubt if she can de code the shit. The F word was used alot by all but me I behaved. We did laugh alot, which is good for the soul.

Before I forget- Sept 08- Chicago Summit 3 will take place at the Chicago Hilton.

So we wake at 9 or so and it is time to wake N bake agian. Got2roll me stopped by before her early flight and we said our good byes. Great lady. Back to Kittys we go. Sheppards Pie and beer, the best.

Off to the airport where we just made our flight. We got there (gate) at 4:55 and our flight left at 5:05. Thank god it was late. Peggy feed us carmel corn while waiting in line. Meg was so drunk she did not know where she was.

Just re-couping now to write this, but the beers are starting to flow.

What a great fucking time with great fucking people. Money can not buy that. So many memories in so little time. JB you were missed. Joey I thought of Paris's pee pee alot.

Pam- So glad to see you again. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE BOOZE. Wish we could of spent more time together, 08 sister. We'll be back. Stones or no Stones. It's a done deal. I just can't say fuck you enough. Fucker. Hope your friend is ok. LOL Tom.

Miss(Get your blues on)Mindy- Nice rooming with ya and you put bubbles into bubbles. AC sister.

Cathy- Glad I got to see you at O'Mallys wish we had more time, Fucker.

Percaset Peggy- Hat's off to ya sister(Meg your a saint)thanks for the night night pill and all your humor, I laughed my ass off. But I could not tell you were gay. You went both ways at the PJ party.

Glencar- Stay away from guys like us and keep them skys safe. It was a pleasure to have ya at the PJ party. I could not keep up with you, Wow.

Rob/Pittsburgh Joe- Thanks for coming to the Mines. Nice to see you guys again.

Pete/Isabel- Many many thanks. We were sooooooooooooooo happy with what Pete did. We want to schedule him for Sept 08. I can not say thanks enough.

Sherat- loved the statement I would of bit.......

Lena- sorry I missed you. See you in AC.

Got2RollMe- I am so glad you made this decision. I hope it was worth your trip and you made some new friends. I am proud to call you my friend. Don't be so shy next time(AC) come on down. THANK YOU FOR SAVING THE DAY. Gold rings on you.

Pug- Thanks for the greet. Chicago may of not sold out, but the show was awesome.

Gazza/Voo- wish you were there. I still can't believe I sang SOL. I told Meg I was going to piss and she handed me a cup.

Boomy- Was a pleasure and Happy Birthday. Hope you enjoyed the fuck fest. Boy you young guys can go a long time. I know you wanted Peggy but she had eyes for Glencar. Hope to see you soon.

LJ- Boy your having a hard time staying a few more days. Thanks for arranging all this stuff you Buffalo fucker. Thanks for the B-Chips. Did you get that pic of Paris's pee pee? Is was so nice to see you again. Words do not do justice. PERFECT. We will do the same in 08. Four at one time(including Peggy) at the PJ party, WOW. See u in AC.

Meg- So nice to see you again and to be forced to sing SOL. It was good though. Great seats and a world first. You were hot, hot , hot. First time I ever skinny dipped in a bathtub. I can't take no more I have to give you up 2 PA in AC. I'm still trying to figure out how you.......well never mind. LMFAO. Your good people sister. Peggy on the other hand(kidding) what a boat full. I got to say how did your ticket stub get up my anus? Well we will figure that out at the Beacon, cause we are going to be there. See you at the cook out.

Nanky- WOW. I don't know what to say except thank you for every thing. You are the best traveling buddy ever. I am so thankful to have a friend like you, and so close. Shows will come and go but we will be friends forver. Yea I do got one thing to say.............

ONE LOVE, ONE LOVE........................

What a great show and a great time. Looking forwar to 08.

Gald I can not remember all to tell. We did not get Halifaxed but we got Telied.

One thing I will always remember..............

ON A COLD CHICAGO NIGHT................................

thanx toml fer the review, i felt like i wanted to be there. goin to a show any show is a fuckin event one to indulge in an savor. the true spirit not one of these pencil necked reviews of woodys hangnail and keiths replication of chords or tuning or sobriety. lets enjoy it for whats it worth for the moment cuz once its gone it aint never coming back. hope to party with you brother!!!
15th October 2006 04:49 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
drbryant wrote:

"...US Stops: I read some disturbing reports prior to going to Giants, but nothing prepared me for what I saw at Giants Stadium. Frankly, aside from You Got the Silver, Keith was not really there. Most of the show was spent hunched over his axe, eyes half-open, just dazed. All of the joy and energy he displayed in the three shows I saw in Europe had just vanished. Anyone who thinks it was just an off night wasn't FOS for this show. Most disturbing of all, he clearly was not playing for looong stretches, particularly during the first half of the show. I challenge anyone with a boot to pick out Keith's parts prior to the B-Stage. He just isn't there at times..."

This is exactly what I witnessed at Giants as well. What really puzzles me though is that I've heard from very reliable sources that he actually looked better at Giants (Sept. 27) than he did at Foxboro (Sept. 20). And I can tell you from what I saw with my own two eyes that he looked better at Soldier Field (Oct. 11) than he did at Giants. Very strange indeed.

15th October 2006 08:10 PM
Bitch
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:

From the info that I have seen presented...and from the eye witness accounts that we have heard, I can make an educated guess...I think Keith may be hitting the junk again...it just really looks that way.

Fuck
I was hoping you were wrong, but check out KEEF's eyes in this recent pic, he looks wasted.

compared to his eyes here from the LICKs tour a few years ago.

15th October 2006 08:41 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Aw you know I'm kidding. You, Steelie & Gypsy were all discussed fondly & we wished all 3 of you could have been with us.

You are much loved ...................

Kins.
15th October 2006 09:22 PM
TomL ditto mojoman.
16th October 2006 11:08 AM
Martha
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
Keith was good in Wichita...at times great...at times not so...He can still play...I just don't think as often...and certainly not in 30 degree weather...it was 95 in Wichita...I really think that warm weather does him good...the dude has arthritis for crap's sake
[Edited by Fiji Joe]

I agree here, he had perfect weather.....was not near like you describe him to be in Chicago pug, (but I do believe what you wrote)......

I have my good and bad days and am totally different when my depression kicks my ass than I am when I am feeling well. Like night and day.

I am praying for Keith each day. I hope he will do what he needs to do for his health.

I wish him peace.

His entire heart and soul...indeed he has given us that.

xo,
Martha
16th October 2006 11:15 AM
chevysales
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Fuck
I was hoping you were wrong, but check out KEEF's eyes in this recent pic, he looks wasted.

compared to his eyes here from the LICKs tour a few years ago.

and anyone who is in the know would be well aware your pupils get pinned from opiates not enlarged... using those pics shows a normal dilation.
16th October 2006 11:47 AM
Some Guy seems like a great time was had by all!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)