ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE REAL, HONEST CHICAGO REVIEW Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
13th October 2006 02:09 PM
jostorm TO THE UNHOLY TRINITY:

I demand these men stop fighting and start mud-wrestling in bathing suits instead right now!

To Sir Stonesalot: I've never been called a tit by a real knight in shining armour! swooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnn.....
13th October 2006 02:12 PM
jostorm forgot : and I want it filmed and broadcasted on this site, of course!
13th October 2006 02:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ah, but see, you'll have to take yer swoon back.

Since you weren't talking to me...you did not fall into the "Otherwise," catagory. So the "fuck off ya tit" that followed didn't apply.

Unless being called a tit and being told to fuck off makes you happy. If that is the case...knock yerself out. I'm only here to help.
13th October 2006 02:23 PM
jb Why did POTUS avoid Foley a couple of years ago??? WHY!!!
13th October 2006 02:27 PM
Jumping Jack This cat fight is truly humiliating for all.

13th October 2006 02:34 PM
FotiniD Sir Stonesalot, I do believe you're in a position to know more about the signs of addiction than probably I am, and yes, it is wise to look further, but still, I just find it a little exaggerating. An addiction at this age? I don't think that even Keith would risk it. Regardless his pain and all.

And Gazza, I've heard before about Keith trying little bits of smack again. I'm not that certain that he can go on and off like this, so either he was just lying to reinforce the image again (not unlikely) or he's been having another addiction since the time of those comments? Now, that sounds more unlikely. I find it hard to believe he just takes a little heroin here and there. Considering the fact he was an addict for so many years.

The first thing that comes to anyone's mind when you describe what happened in Chicago and the facts that the man's got arthitis, a long history of abuse of his body in all sorts of ways, that he's nearing 63 and the weather was freezing is the obvious conclusion: he was feeling cold and he was aching. Sometimes the first obvious conclusion is the right one.

Then again, I don't know him. I'm not his doctor. None of us is. We'll just have to wait and see. Speculation often leads to monstrous fears or ideas that may seem logical, but are far from reality. Just remember all the scenarios we went through when Keith was at the hospital.
13th October 2006 02:38 PM
jb Could it be a simple case of irregularity? I knoiw when I am constipated, it slows me down. Perhaps a laxative and some benefiber can bring back the human riff?
13th October 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy Dudes grumpy.
13th October 2006 02:41 PM
polytoxic Positive vibration for the day. Give us a glimmer in Seattle!

[Edited by polytoxic]
13th October 2006 02:41 PM
Jumping Jack Does flank pain get worse in cold weather?
13th October 2006 02:58 PM
Bitch
quote:
parmeda wrote:

They endured the torture of "The Windy City" as much as we did. And for that alone, I could care less who had an off-night. I can honestly say I had a great time and I rank this show as one of the best I've ever seen.

In closing...Josh, you can bust our balls up here in Chicago for having a low-attendance show. But we've proved that we can withstand the "humiliation" that you will dish at us for the rest of eternity...just as we laughed and bitch-slapped Mother Nature in her ugly fucking face last night

GO PARMEDA!

13th October 2006 02:58 PM
Gazza
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
Okay, here's another can of worms but I was just over at Shidoobee and this very same thread over there has been deleted. WTF? Are they worried Blondie won't play Wildwood if people talk about band business? No more passes to the Rattlesnake Inn if they don't toe the line? Tickets to the Beacon in jeopardy if the only reaction to Chicago isn't unanimous glee that Chuck got "our" message and got the Stones to play She Was Hot?? I get censoring personal attacks and even politics and all but this just screwy. The internet and speculation go hand in hand, no? Now the final word on Chicago is "Keith is still HOT!".
Very disturbing turn of events.
This shit ain't going away till Keith gets his glimmer back.
Which of course is what we're all hoping for.

For what its worth, the "Keith is still hot" angle seems to be the general consensus of the reviews that have been included in the Chicago page on IORR too.

I really DONT think the comments posted here by those debating Keith's health have been in any way hysterical and irrational. Whilst I find the more extreme deductions somewhat fanciful (I agree that its totally implausible that a stroke victim could get medical clearance to do what he's doing, let alone be capable of performing), any comments on the subject have been posted with the best intentions, love and concern for the man's welbeing.

Lets keep it that way and please, folks - if you're going to disagree on these things, do it without flaming or being abusive. Its not welcome at any time and certainly isnt with something like this.
13th October 2006 03:03 PM
jb Thanks Gazza....you are the voice of reason in a era when rationality has all but disappeared(see Hannity, O'Reilly, Professor Savage). Lets fsce it Gazza, "they" hate us for our freedom....can Patriot fries be back in vogue sooner than you think?
[Edited by jb]
13th October 2006 03:04 PM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
And Gazza, I've heard before about Keith trying little bits of smack again. I'm not that certain that he can go on and off like this, so either he was just lying to reinforce the image again (not unlikely) or he's been having another addiction since the time of those comments? Now, that sounds more unlikely. I find it hard to believe he just takes a little heroin here and there. Considering the fact he was an addict for so many years.

Fotini, hes actually said in interviews over the years that hes dabbled from time to time but that it doesnt do anything for him any more. There was a "Q&A" from fans during the Bridges tour where he was asked when he last tried heroin and he admitted straight out that he had tried some at the start of that tour. Even a few weeks ago, he light-heartedly moaned that hard drugs arent as potent as they used to be

Could be,as you say, its an addiction to something else which is less "naughty" as another poster described it a few days ago. God knows, he must have been on plenty of pain killers and various medications in recent months.
13th October 2006 03:14 PM
polytoxic I obviously missed something nasty on the other thread. Or maybe that last post of mine was of the same calibre. If it is, a thousand apologies. I actually thought a thread got deleted solely for the reason that someone had the nerve to say Keith was off, which would've been a new, absurd level of self censorship. I probably should have added a smiley.

Here's some more positivity to atone:

Go Keith Go
[Edited by polytoxic]
13th October 2006 03:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Well, you are assuming that the addiction is to junk. Could be, but more likely it would be painkillers. You mix painkillers and booze for very long and you go downhill quick. Morphine patch, Oxycotin, Percodan, Darvon to name a few...all are opiate based. And age isn't an issue when talking addiction. Do you know how many 75-80 year old junkies we take to the hospital every day? LOTS. Just because it's a prescribed drug doesn't mean that you can't get addicted and abuse it. And to me, it's all junk, you know? It's an opiate, you take it, you get hooked, you are a junkie. It doesn't have to be H to be junk, and you don't have to shoot up daily to be a junkie. My Grandma has been a junkie for years. She has debilitating arthritis, and is on some pretty potent pain meds. Her Docs wean her off one thing and put her on another. But what else can they do, you know? If she doesn't eat the pills, she becomes a cripple. Keith could very easily be in the same situation.

And we are not talking about just Chicago either. If we were only taking Chicago into account, I dismiss it as the weather too.

What I'm talking about is the disturbing trend that we have been seeing on the entire current leg of the US tour. This trend, which we have all witnessed through varying eyewitness accounts posted here and other places, point at substance abuse. I can't say for sure that it is, obviously, but that is what the trend points at.

So if any of this is exaggerated, it's because of the first hand accounts that have been posted. That is what I'm looking at. It's all I have to look at. So if my hypothesis is exaggerated...then so are all the eye-witness accounts that I have read. It's pretty hard to mess with the boots though. Those speak volumes.
13th October 2006 03:15 PM
jb We are all New Zealanders today!!!
13th October 2006 03:23 PM
deuce You know what...

I think this addiction angle might actually be plausible. It's certainly not totally dismissible.
13th October 2006 03:25 PM
jb
quote:
deuce wrote:
You know what...

I think this addiction angle might actually be plausible. It's certainly not totally dismissible.

What about severe, chronic constipation? Opiates cause that as I take pain killers for back and leg pain, and it has really caused ne problems...I need to take laxatives and stooll softeners daily.
13th October 2006 03:26 PM
Gazza
quote:
polytoxic wrote:
I obviously missed something nasty on the other thread. Or maybe that last post of mine was of the same calibre. If it is, a thousand apologies.

No need. I specifically meant the Sway/Pug thing.
13th October 2006 03:27 PM
Altamont
quote:
jb wrote:
We are all New Zealanders today!!!

We are all medical experts today!!! I believe Keith is suffering from Tarpel tunnel syndrome.

zing!
13th October 2006 03:28 PM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
forgot : and I want it filmed and broadcasted on this site, of course!

Trust me, if that happens we'll ALL need fuckin' painkillers afterwards...
13th October 2006 03:51 PM
telecaster
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Gazza,
Please file this thread on the very top of the list of embarrassingly stupid posts made by Pug. Yes, even above "What I Have Learned From JB" and the stupid one about how to succeed in sales...

Pug,
Please change your signature to: "I AM A FUCKING MORON". Since this is the stupidest thing you've come up with in a long line of stupid shit you've written.

Keith did not have a stroke. I can say with 100% certainty! Not even a minor one. He would not be cleared to play. He would not be capable. As bad as he may of been last night he has not suffered a stroke. I have seen what a stroke can do to someone of Keiths age. They can not go out and tour every night. Thats a fact.

Keith is just shot. He has been for years. Its been a steady decline. You're just a fucking retard for not noticing it until now.

[Edited by Saint Sway]

You really are one dumb fuck Sway

So that New England Pats linebacker that had a stroke last year and is playing this year didn't have a stroke? Because you know based on your expertise

Cleared medically? Doctors don't "clear" you, they recommend treatment

You do with their advice as you want

Talking with Blondie and Darryl Monday night abou it, I can assure you that you, in fact, have zero idea what you are talking about

I think they have a little more insight than you

13th October 2006 03:54 PM
FotiniD
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Talking with Blondie and Darryl Monday night abou it, I can assure you that you, in fact, have zero idea what you are talking about

I think they have a little more insight than you

... and on this given issue, they said...??
13th October 2006 03:55 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Talking with Blondie and Darryl Monday night.....

13th October 2006 03:57 PM
tumbling dice
quote:
jb wrote:

Good post.

Thanks JB,enough is enough,time waits for no one....
13th October 2006 04:02 PM
telecaster
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

... and on this given issue, they said...??

Honestly I rather not say because I trust they would not want it broadcast on the Internet but I can say that Sway has zero idea what he is talking about
13th October 2006 04:03 PM
Saint Sway Tele,

are you mailing me the front row Beacon tix?
13th October 2006 04:04 PM
FotiniD
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Honestly I rather not say because I trust they would not want it broadcast on the Internet but I can say that Sway has zero idea what he is talking about

And that doesn't sound too good
13th October 2006 04:08 PM
jb Hello Tele!!! What's happening????
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)