ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Sun Bowl, El Paso, TX - 20th October 2006
© Rubén R. Ramírez/El Paso Times with thanks to Jeep
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: THE REAL, HONEST CHICAGO REVIEW Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
13th October 2006 04:10 PM
telecaster
quote:
jb wrote:
Hello Tele!!! What's happening????

Post show blues jb

Did you hear Bush came to see us at our hotel for the summit yesterday?

The Secret Service were giving Nanky & I dirty looks

13th October 2006 04:12 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Post show blues jb

Yes, I heard all the reports!!! You guys were probably more excited seeing Bushy thab the band..lol!!! Hope a good time was had by all. PM sometime as I am interested in what Daryl and blondie had to say!!! Enjoy the snow!!!
13th October 2006 04:14 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Post show blues jb

thats what you get for waiting in the hotel lobby dressed as Congressional Pages
13th October 2006 04:15 PM
throbby What I'm gathering is that Keith should not be touring. Stubborn and determined as he is he is not going to stand down. Keith may appear "frail" on stage, but his will and balls are made of iron.

13th October 2006 04:17 PM
telecaster
quote:
throbby wrote:
What I'm gathering is that Keith should not be touring. Stubborn and determined as he is he is not going to stand down. Keith may appear "frail" on stage, but his will and balls are made of iron.

You are a smart man Throbby
13th October 2006 04:19 PM
jb
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Throbby is also a tall man.
FotiniD
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Well, if that's the case, I'm hopping his stubborness won't cause him any worse problems.

God dammit, Cohl could have at least booked some indoor shows. Bad weather only makes things even worse. What a stupid, greedy bastard he is.
throbby As are JB and Tele! I'm talking tall here!
[Edited by throbby]
13th October 2006 04:21 PM
marko they should not have booked ANY SHOWS this year.
No security type tour,would have worked better.Mixing
theatres in.Touring this,doesn´t help health issues.
13th October 2006 04:21 PM
Joey

Nanky ?!

13th October 2006 04:24 PM
telecaster The sound where Parmeda and I sat was excellent

Best I have heard at a show
13th October 2006 04:27 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
The sound where Parmeda and I sat was excellent

Best I have heard at a show

Tele ......................

Was my name mentioned during the Chicago summit ?
13th October 2006 04:49 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
Joey wrote:

Does "Uncle Morty's" ring a bell, Joey?

It sure was.
13th October 2006 04:54 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

took a "Joey"?
13th October 2006 05:01 PM
taz22 All this talk about drugs reminds me of my recent trip to Gaints Stadium for the stones concert....a lite-hearted moment....

While waiting to clear US customs at the 1000 Islands Bridge border crossing (entering the US from Canada)...the US Custom agent asked me the purpose of my trip....I replied I was going to the stones show in NYC......he asked me if I was bringing any mind-altering drugs with me....I replied No...and he said...You sure.....You don't have 10 bottles of Tyleol 3's with you do ya? I replied no that I would have to have had a doctor's prescriptin for Tylenol 3's.....I waited for his reply...fearing the white glove treatment...anyway....He said that they caught a guy earlier in the day who was going to Gaints with 10 bottles of Tylenol 3's...it was good for a laugh that is for sure....

[Edited by taz22]
13th October 2006 05:07 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Not at all. We all hate you!
13th October 2006 05:42 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Not at all. We all hate you!

You make Joey weep and shit liquid .
13th October 2006 08:09 PM
glencar Aw you know I'm kidding. You, Steelie & Gypsy were all discussed fondly & we wished all 3 of you could have been with us.
14th October 2006 12:39 AM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Aw you know I'm kidding. You, Steelie & Gypsy were all discussed fondly & we wished all 3 of you could have been with us.

I showed concern and compassion for my friend Blue, verifying that the parking situation was handled using ADDA...and it was! It was great to see you guys (parmy, blue, tele, lj, etc)

I salute the Chicago summit!
14th October 2006 02:16 AM
Poplar http://wgntv.trb.com/news/local/morningnews/

same old stones folks, no doubt in my mind. consider the conditions, and the band's unique circumstances (age, etc.) it's a miracle they played at all. That YGMR... sounds like just about all the others. Yes, for the 134th time, I love that song. what a kick ass opener. The doomsayers around here never cease to amaze me. I, for one, wish like hell i had seen Chicago. Anyone who knows a fucking thing about having fun at a rock show, could see how this equates to a blast of an evening.

i'm ready for the humiliated ones to go home. If this band is bringing you shame, leave it alone. I, and plenty of others, will be quite fine closing up shop without you.

Keith has had some rough shows in cold weather. wow. i'll just be god-damned that a wind chill of 26 makes it tough for a drunk to play guitar with swolen arthritic fingers. I never would have fucking believed that. Note how the ones sulking over and lamenting Keith are the same bitches who bemoaned and lamented the fact that the band never switched up the setlists, etc. Why no threads praising the risk-taking in that category? Where is the due praise for opening shows with different tunes, throwing in a song never played before, songs not played in years. It seems those same critics just moved on to a more trendy crisis .. a more contemporary humiliation .. a more educated form of criticism.

I spent years following Phish (a group that i know doesn't have a lot of fans around here). Let me tell ya, THAT was a band with some fanatic followers. Over those years, I came to realize that some of the most fervent fans were also the most critical - and visa versa. It was quite clear that those kids just GOT OFF on latching on to one critical fixation after another. Some examples:
"Trey's new tone is too high" ...
"They're doing too many new songs, not enough Junta and Rift" ...
(get this one, jb) "the crowd is getting too big, it's killing the buzz" ...
"There's too much guitar in the mix" ...
"Mike is doing heroin" ...
"That set had too many songs" etc...
It went on year after year. ALWAYS something for the really anal phish heads to be upset or nervous about. The rest of the phans seemed happy to just have a ticket that night, and enjoy whatever happened. I'm seeing some similar personality traits in these here parts.

We all worry about father tim in regards to the Stones. We all look at tcket prices, crowd sizes, setlists, etc. There are some people hear, however, that clearly allow those things to stand in the way of one fact - it's only rock and roll, and it's about cuting loose and having a dirty good time. That's all that matters with the Stones, just like it was all that mattered for me over all those odd years keeping an eye on phish. no diff.

[Edited by Poplar]
14th October 2006 08:01 AM
playguitar Thanks for that lucid post Poplar.
It's 7.45 AM and I couldn't sleep last nite , worrying about my beloved Stones, after reading all that stuff about strokes. I went to Giants with my kid and we had a blast. So Keith wasn't perfect, so who cares? I play guitar and I hit bum notes all the time. Big whoop.When I want to hear pristine guitar playing, I go to see Eric. Another one who hits bum notes all the time is Buddy Guy. He does apologise though! I just hope Keith is taking care of himself. We should all be happy that we are gettin to see the Stones. Roll on AC .
14th October 2006 09:39 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
playguitar wrote:
I just hope Keith is taking care of himself.

He's not. That is, very clearly, the point.
14th October 2006 01:50 PM
Gazza
quote:
playguitar wrote:
So Keith wasn't perfect, so who cares?

I do. And its more a concern than him simply hitting the occasional bum note due to some shortcoming in technique
14th October 2006 02:24 PM
Mel Belli I always thought Keith exaggerated a little when he told Anthony DeCurtis that part of the fixation with his lifestyle stemmed from people "wishing death on you." I can't help but think, perversely, a little of that is going on here.

This "demise of Keith business" reminds of the Terri Schiavo fiasco last year - the doctors who "diagnosed" the woman's condition based on video footage. I realize some of those most concerned were physically at the Chicago concert, but, really, is any one of us capable of more than a seat-of-the-pants opinion about the state of Keith's health?!
14th October 2006 02:36 PM
Gazza No. But when I read accounts from several people (none of whom are scaremongers or doomsayers) who were at shows both in Europe and then again little over a month later in the US and who have without exception commented on a significant deterioration in his physical appearance, mobility and dexterity in his playing in that short time frame, then I think its worthy of concern.
14th October 2006 03:04 PM
playguitar
Gazza, its not that I don't care, it's just that Keith has never been "perfect". I think that all fans are rightfully concerned that Keith should be slowing his partying in his later years, because eventually even Keith has to feel the effects of all those years. However all this stuff about strokes... It seems from the info from Darryl and Blondie, maybe he should slow down a bit, but, after all he IS Keith Richards ! For me The Stones still put on a kickass show.
14th October 2006 04:07 PM
Poplar
this could all be as simple as a case of the flu - worsened by a terrible stretch of bad weather. He'll have a great show in Seattle and people will have to adjust their little theories.
14th October 2006 04:19 PM
lotsajizz the apologies have been going on since Foxboro---however unpalatable, the facts remain 1) he was hurt far worse than he admitted in that fall, and 2) years of abuse and ongoing overuse have robbed him of his energy
14th October 2006 04:34 PM
Gazza
quote:
playguitar wrote:

Gazza, its not that I don't care, it's just that Keith has never been "perfect". I think that all fans are rightfully concerned that Keith should be slowing his partying in his later years, because eventually even Keith has to feel the effects of all those years. However all this stuff about strokes... It seems from the info from Darryl and Blondie, maybe he should slow down a bit, but, after all he IS Keith Richards ! For me The Stones still put on a kickass show.

1. I'd never suggest for a second you didnt 'care', mate. We all do. His technical imperfections are part of his charm.

2. I dont buy the 'stroke' argument on any level whatsoever. The reports and observations do suggest however that the guy is ailing, in some shape or form

3. They still indeed put on a great show. I just hope theyre all going to continue being physically able to do so
14th October 2006 04:42 PM
Poplar
my point Gazza is that some of those sounding the alarm the loudest about Keith are the same ones wo openly declare that empty seats "humiliate" them, and that they wouldn't dare go to a show that wasn't sold-out, etc. These fans have some sort of compulsion to glum on to one "downer" after another. It's become a poison around here.... i'm ready for the wide-open humiliated ones to hang it up.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)