ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Passion of The Christ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
September 13th, 2004 03:44 PM
Moonisup the french gave the US the statue of liberty
September 13th, 2004 04:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Joey will work the caboose!

September 13th, 2004 04:15 PM
Some Guy We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

Your Boy-
George Carlin
September 13th, 2004 04:20 PM
gypsy The 'hell train' post is probably a joke...but, it is also one of the reasons why I don't go to church...too many hypocrites condemning everyone to hell.

September 13th, 2004 04:20 PM
Joey
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.
We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values.
We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

Your Boy-
George Carlin

Some Guy ..................I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with me erect nipples .
September 13th, 2004 04:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Joey wrote:

Some Guy ..................I would like to clutch you to my bosom and tickle you with me erect nipples .

ok
September 13th, 2004 05:12 PM
gypsy joey, you are going to hell for your faggoty behavior!
September 13th, 2004 05:20 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
joey, you are going to hell for your faggoty behavior!

You make Joey weep and sh## liquid ! Why ?!?! WHY ?!?!

...........and then , Depression set in !!!!

Jersey !
September 13th, 2004 05:43 PM
Some Guy ...........and then , Depression set in !!!!

Excellent use of "Stripes"!
September 13th, 2004 07:26 PM
glencar Like my avatar?
September 13th, 2004 08:05 PM
parmeda touche`!
...very nice, glencar
September 13th, 2004 09:24 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Joey will work the caboose!

From what I observed 3 years ago in Cleveland, Young Joseph is uniquely qualified for the job.

Rick
September 13th, 2004 09:32 PM
glencar That wasn't on the video...
September 13th, 2004 09:36 PM
gypsy You must have gotten the "Censored" version.
September 14th, 2004 03:55 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
glencar wrote:
That wasn't on the video...

what's that "The Passion of the Joey"??
September 14th, 2004 04:27 AM
Mathijs Glencar, why is it "weird" and why am I a looser when I am convinced anti-religion?

Mathijs
September 14th, 2004 06:48 AM
egon
quote:
glencar wrote:
Like my avatar?

looking good!
September 14th, 2004 06:51 AM
glencar I owe it all to you!
September 14th, 2004 07:17 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
why am I a looser when I am convinced anti-religion?

Mathijs

so I m a looser too Mathijs!!
I hate religions with every fibers of my soul
September 14th, 2004 09:33 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Um, yeah - there is a lot of doubt.

I think The Life of Brian got went down back then much closer to the truth than any other film.

Well Lamby that would make you in the minute minority! As far as other religions are concerned Jesus did exist. Muslims,Jews,even Buddists agree that there was an historical figure known as Jesus. Even historians agree that He did live. He is unquestionably the same figure that is venerated by Christians. He is also the one singular figure that started the most widely practiced religion on earth. The Life of Brian was a very funny movie,but it was hardly based on any true history as known by science and historians or any other religions for that matter.

I love the arrogance that is so commen among those who do not believe in any religion at all! It's so incredibly smug and condesending! As if to say,"Well you believe what you want you small minded twit!" I'm not addressing you here,Lamby. Rather,I'm addressing everyone that thinks it can all be explained away with science and simple human logic. How very arrogant! Where did science come from people?

I have seen first hand that religion can work wonders for people in need. There are also several studies that show conclusivly that prayer does work. Some will say that it only works because people believe so much that they actully will themselves to health. Not true! In many of these studies the people being prayed for did not even know it! Yet they were healed miraculously. These studies have been held at some of the most respected medical schools in the world.

If you read the studies they will blow your mind! Very strange and hopeful to be sure,but also proof that we here on this mortal coil know very little about the bigger picture. To pretend we know it all is so insanly concited and arrogant that I shudder at the thought of ever hanging out with people that think this way! Like that jerk that tried to get "One Nation under God" removed from the Pledge. What a selfabsorbed prick that guy is! Get a life asshole and leave everyone else's life alone! Know what I mean?

I won't shove my beliefs down your throat. Don't shove your disbeliefs down mine. And for God's sake don't for an instant think that you've got the real answer and that religion is some BS myth! That just smacks of nose in the air selfrightous arrogance. The fact is that those who feel that way know no more than anyone else. So why act as if you do? Arrogance. Plain and simple.

Again,Lamby this is not directed at you singularly. So no offence taken on your part I hope!

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]
September 14th, 2004 09:41 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Well Lamby that would make you in the minute minority! As far as other religions are concerned Jesus did exist. Muslims,Jews,even Buddists agree that there was an historical figure known as Jesus. Even historians agree that He did live. He is unquestionably the same figure that is venerated by Christians. He is also the one singular figure that started the most widely practiced religion on earth. The Life of Brian was a very funny movie,but it was hardly based on any true history as known by science and historians or any other religions for that matter.

I love the arrogance that is so commen among those who do not believe in any religion at all! It's so incredibly smug and condesending! As if to say,"Well you believe what you want you small minded twit!" I'm not addressing you here,Lamby. Rather,I'm addressing everyone that thinks it can all be explained away with science and simple human logic. How very arrogant! Where did science come from people?

I have seen first hand that religion can work wonders for people in need. There are also several studies that show conclusivly that prayer does work. Some will say that it only works because people believe so much that they actully will themselves to health. Not true! In many of these studies the people being prayed for did not even know it! Yet they were healed miraculously. These studies have been held at some of the most respected medical schools in the world.

If you read the studies they will blow your mind! Very strange and hopeful to be sure,but also proof that we here on this mortal coil know very little about the bigger picture. To pretend we know it all is so insanly concited and arrogant that I shudder at the thought of ever hanging out with people that think this way! Like that jerk that tried to get "One Nation under God" removed from the Pledge. What a selfabsorbed prick that guy is! Get a life asshole and leave everyone else's life alone! Know what I mean?

I won't shove my beliefs down your throat. Don't shove your disbeliefs down mine. And for God's sake don't for an instant think that you've got the real answer and that religion is some BS myth! That just smacks of nose in the air selfrightous arrogance. The fact is that those who feel that way know no more than anyone else. So why act as if you do? Arrogance. Plain and simple.

Again,Lamby this is not directed at you singularly. So no offence taken on your part I hope!

Riffhard

[Edited by Riffhard]

Nice
September 14th, 2004 10:14 AM
Lambchop*
Riffhard wrote:

"Well Lamby that would make you in the minute minority!"

Actually not. I did not say I do not suspect he was a historical figure - I am suggesting your absolute certainty is dead wrong. But like any religion, circular logic and faith sans reason are the guiding thought patterns. That's how these structures work and control. You don't even know you're on a leash.

snip

" The Life of Brian was a very funny movie,but it was hardly based on any true history as known by science and historians or any other religions for that matter."

Actually - it is based upon reason, and a rather deep understanding of the desperate yet comedic foibles of the human condition.

"I love the arrogance that is so commen among those who do not believe in any religion at all!"

You are under arrest by the irony police! You have to right to keep sticking your foot in your mouth!

"It's so incredibly smug and condesending!"

Keep going!

"As if to say,"Well you believe what you want you small minded twit!" I'm not addressing you here,Lamby. Rather,I'm addressing everyone that thinks it can all be explained away with science and simple human logic. How very arrogant! Where did science come from people?"

Don't worry _ I'm not taking this personally. I agree that science comes from people - as does religion. There is your answer.

"I have seen first hand that religion can work wonders for people in need. There are also several studies that show conclusivly that prayer does work. Some will say that it only works because people believe so much that they actully will themselves to health. Not true! In many of these studies the people being prayed for did not even know it! Yet they were healed miraculously. These studies have been held at some of the most respected medical schools in the world."

Couldn't possibly do with energy. Has to be the narrative character driven ancient soap opera that is being personified/materialized as a tool to work something far more intangible, right? There may be more levels to "reality" than you presume.

"If you read the studies they will blow your mind! Very strange and hopeful to be sure,but also proof that we here on this mortal coil know very little about the bigger picture. To pretend we know it all is so insanly concited and arrogant that I shudder at the thought of ever hanging out with people that think this way! Like that jerk that tried to get "One Nation under God" removed from the Pledge. What a selfabsorbed prick that guy is! Get a life asshole and leave everyone else's life alone! Know what I mean?"

I know what you mean - but you're wrong. Man - you are racking up the charges by the irony police. Want some more rope?

snip

oh - I see you found some more all on your own...!

September 14th, 2004 10:38 AM
Mathijs >He is also the one singular figure that started the most widely practiced religion on earth.

Well, the Islam is the most spread actually.

It’s not arrogance from my site, but a mixture between disbelieve that in the year 2004 one actually still can believe in a god (a world image fit for the medieval period when we didn’t know better) and a total aversion for the excesses religion creates: paedophile priests, suicide bombings, AIDS in Africa and Latin-America and what more. Religion makes people egoistic, selfish and extremist. Matters like the right for a woman to have an abortion should be discussed rational, but in many countries a discussion isn’t even possible, as with the hand on the bible extremist leaders of countries ban any form of discussion.

Mathijs
September 14th, 2004 10:46 AM
jb I hope Mel Gibson is impaled by a rusty cross ....
September 14th, 2004 10:48 AM
Some Guy Chop wrote:
There may be more levels to "reality" than you presume.

The Case For A Creator- Lee Strobel
Very well written book.
September 14th, 2004 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Chop wrote:

Very well written book.

Victor Bockris "Keith Richards" biography
September 14th, 2004 10:57 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
there's a real anti dutch vibe in the air over here.
that's probably because you french all a bunch of bloody heathens.

now excuse me, i have to book my train ticket.
mr lucifer...! mr lucifer...?

Egon,my friend, relax...peace peace peace...who's fight and what for???
September 14th, 2004 11:00 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Chop wrote:

Very well written book.

Haven't read it.

I wonder why people who think there is a "creator" beyond our comprehension and personify it into a being which creates, as us animal earth bound material illusion quantum impressionistic specks of energy parading as solid thingys do as a "matter" of course. Since we as beings must be born of other beings by our very nature, which is a form of creation, as there are many levels of creation - who were god's parents? Because we are talking of a linear process here.

September 14th, 2004 11:04 AM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Haven't read it.

I wonder why people who think there is a "creator" beyond our comprehension and personify it into a being which creates, as us animal earth bound material illusion quantum impressionistic specks of energy parading as solid thingys do as a "matter" of course. Since we as beings must be born of other beings by our very nature, which is a form of creation, as there are many levels of creation - who were god's parents? Because we are talking of a linear process here.

Woman's Be Thinking Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too Much !!!!!!

Joey " Ike " Turner !
September 14th, 2004 11:05 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

Woman's Be Thinking Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too Much !!!!!!

Joey " Ike " Turner !

river deep...

hey - any update on Phil Spector?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9