ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Passion of The Christ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
September 14th, 2004 11:07 AM
jb What do you cleaN AN ALLIGATOR WALLET WITH?
September 14th, 2004 11:07 AM
Joey
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

river deep...

hey - any update on Phil Spector?

No . It's like the " Gina Lee Nolan Sex Tape " ...............Nobody Cares .
September 14th, 2004 11:08 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

No . It's like the " Gina Lee Nolan Sex Tape " ...............Nobody Cares .

What about the DMB's dna samples? Dave won't say a word about it.

September 14th, 2004 11:13 AM
jb
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

What about the DMB's dna samples? Dave won't say a word about it.

Tumbling dice?
September 14th, 2004 11:31 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
jb wrote:
Tumbling dice?

I've heard whispering that they actually stole the DNA samples from Ryan Adams...

September 14th, 2004 11:43 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Haven't read it.

I wonder why people who think there is a "creator" beyond our comprehension and personify it into a being which creates, as us animal earth bound material illusion quantum impressionistic specks of energy parading as solid thingys do as a "matter" of course. Since we as beings must be born of other beings by our very nature, which is a form of creation, as there are many levels of creation - who were god's parents? Because we are talking of a linear process here.

After reading these ramblings, I am suddenly reminded of a quote from a great man in a great movie: Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
September 14th, 2004 11:54 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

After reading these ramblings, I am suddenly reminded of a quote from a great man in a great movie: Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

What movie is that?

By the way - I'm size 6, sober (well at least right now!) and making allusions well beyond your comprehension and educational level...

do bongs!

September 14th, 2004 11:56 AM
Some Guy
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

What movie is that?

By the way - I'm size 6, sober (well at least right now!) and making allusions well beyond your comprehension and educational level...

do bongs!

Animal House... good luck to you.
September 14th, 2004 11:58 AM
Moonisup

www.bertisevil.nl
[Edited by Moonisup]
September 14th, 2004 12:06 PM
jb Lil Fiji jim don't come out to play anymore!!!
September 14th, 2004 12:09 PM
Riffhard Firstly Lamby I went out of my way not to make this a personal attack on you or your beliefs or lack thereof. You,on the other hand went down the other road. I hope your proud. You can talk all you want about how flawed any form of religion is or the false existence of Jesus as Christ. It does not bolster your argument though.

"Actually not. I did not say I do not suspect he was a historical figure - I am suggesting your absolute certainty is dead wrong. But like any religion, circular logic and faith sans reason are the guiding thought patterns. That's how these structures work and control. You don't even know you're on a leash."

This entire paragraph shows the sheer arrogance on your part. Hey,Lamby I don't presume that I have all the answers,but I know damned good and well that you don't.

Your oh-so-condesending look-down-your-nose attitude is off putting to say the least.

"Don't worry _ I'm not taking this personally. I agree that science comes from people - as does religion. There is your answer."

What??? Science comes from people?! Do you mean the STUDY of science comes from people? Surley you are not suggesting that man invented science? We may have learned about science and from science,but we did not invent it. Where did the very first atom come from? You don't know. Nor do I. Therefore your stand on the issue is rendered moot. You don't know so you cannot definitively answer the question. Nor can I. I base my beliefs on my faith. Something that you don't seem to have.

"Couldn't possibly do with energy. Has to be the narrative character driven ancient soap opera that is being personified/materialized as a tool to work something far more intangible, right? There may be more levels to "reality" than you presume."

Short answer. No. The studies have shown that the act of prayer had a decidley postive effect for those being prayed for. You say energy. I say prayer and faith. I think that prayer is a very positive form of energy drawn from faith. Your right though I guess. I don't know,but that sounds more than a little arrogant to me.

" I know what you mean - but you're wrong. Man - you are racking up the charges by the irony police. Want some more rope?"

I'm wrong because you in your infinate wisdom have deemed it so? Irony police? Are you kidding or are you just delusional? I am not being arrogant when I state my belief and faith. As I stated right up front that I do not know all the answers,but I know what works for me. You somehow find irony where none exists.

Oh,and by the way Mathijs. Religion does not corrupt people. People corrupt religion. And you are right about Islam being spread rapidly these days. However,it's not the religion of the Muslim faith that's being spread,so much as it is the ideology of radical Islam that is threatening to destroy the true message of the Muslim faith. Radicals in any religion can corrupt the very good message that the relgion was based upon. To claim that there is no God is to deny that relgion has ever achieved any good at all. That is so nonsensical that it's not even worth commenting on. And yes,the most practiced religion in the world is Christianity. It all started with the birth and death of One Man.

Riffhard

September 14th, 2004 12:10 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Animal House... good luck to you.

It's been damn (ha!) good so far! And good luck to you too - may I introduce you to MadMartha?

I think I'll wait to book the flight at Travelocity I was just doing, to wash off some of your bad hoodoo. The fares better not go up! But if they go down - I shall thank you.

Born again boy needs to get a grip - on something other than...

[Edited by Lambchop*]
September 14th, 2004 12:13 PM
Lambchop* Ugh, Riffy - lighten up. I was joking - I said don't take it personally. But my points are truth. I just asked God and she agreed.

I've got better things to do than argue with born agains. Like uncaking Joey...

September 14th, 2004 12:15 PM
Moonisup if every american where a true Christian, like some of them say ( not talking to anyone personally!!!) they wouldn't cheat so much,
[Edited by Moonisup]
September 14th, 2004 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
if every american where a true Christian, like some of them say ( not talking to anyone personally!!!) they wouldn't cheat so much,
[Edited by Moonisup]

The Dutch and Jews have been stereotyped as being cheap.
September 14th, 2004 12:20 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

"Don't worry _ I'm not taking this personally. I agree that science comes from people - as does religion. There is your answer."

What??? Science comes from people?! Do you mean the STUDY of science comes from people? Surley you are not suggesting that man invented science? We may have learned about science and from science,but we did not invent it. Where did the very first atom come from? You don't know. Nor do I. Therefore your stand on the issue is rendered moot. You don't know so you cannot definitively answer the question. Nor can I. I base my beliefs on my faith. Something that you don't seem to have.

Oh shit - I could take this all apart piece by piece - but I have to get going - but...

An atom is not science. Science IS a human construct, attempting to understand what we experience as existance.

Oy.

Have a good day - and don't take this personally.

Funny how it's always the ones fighting for religion who do...

Riffhard
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:
Ugh, Riffy - lighten up. I was joking - I said don't take it personally. But my points are truth. I just asked God and she agreed.

I've got better things to do than argue with born agains. Like uncaking Joey...

LOL! Ok then enough already. However,I'm not born again. I'm not even a full on Bible thumper. I do however have an unabated faith in what has served me well throughout my life. Plus I do like to do bongs! And you?

Riffhard
Moonisup
quote:
jb wrote:
The Dutch and Jews have been stereotyped as being cheap.

we have a connection Josh
September 14th, 2004 12:22 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

LOL! Ok then enough already. However,I'm not born again. I'm not even a full on Bible thumper. I do however have an unabated faith in what has served me well throughout my life. Plus I do like to do bongs! And you?

Riffhard

Truce!

I would - but that insert thingy disappeared.

September 14th, 2004 12:25 PM
jb I was a believer up and until I started tingling on my left side....(see flank pain...)
September 14th, 2004 12:32 PM
egon riffy,

not believing does not mean one says "i know it all". of course there are a lot of thing we don't know about.
that is not different for believers and non-believers.
But non-believers usually accept that, where as believers turn to religion for answers.

you say, people that don't believe, try to shove it down your throat. well it feel it's more the other way around.
(I've never seen people who make a living out of trying to get you NOT to believe...)

You talk about "studies" that prove prayers work. well if you believe that ok, but i am sure that there's an equel amount of "studies" saying the opposite.

In the old days there was a god for everything that we could not explain
Now we have one left, because the question about how the world/universe was created and why we are here has not been answered (yet). so people need that last god to give them those answers.

But that still leaves that one BIG question unanswered;

"Who created god and what for?"

Why can't there just be "nothing"?

And that's where it starts; there CAN'T be nothing. there has to be something and there has to be a reason for it. people can't deal with 'nothing' and can't accept that it IS all for nothing. and thus in comes religion/god.

That still leaves that one BIG question unanswered, though...

September 14th, 2004 12:33 PM
Mathijs I meant that Islam -and with that I mean the normal, civilised form of Islam is the most widespread believe in this world, not Chirtianity. In other words: there are more Muslims than Christians.

>To claim that there is no God is to deny that relgion has veer achieved any good at all.

THIS is nonsensical. The fact that no god exists did not prevent milllions of people believing in one. In general people needs answers on questions they cannot solve themselves, and in general people can not live with the fact that life and death has no meaning. These people easily fall in the hands of any religion.

Mathijs

September 14th, 2004 12:33 PM
jb Sorry, but I hate those Jews for Jesus freaks...
September 14th, 2004 12:37 PM
egon
quote:
egon wrote:
That still leaves that one BIG question unanswered, though...

I mean of course "when to the stones bring out a new album?"
September 14th, 2004 12:45 PM
gypsy Who would have thought this thread would spiral out of control...

Yeah, Egon, I wish they'd hurry up and release a new album...for IanBillen...cuz I'm scared of what Ian will do if they don't.
September 14th, 2004 12:47 PM
stewed & Keefed http://www.ironworks.com/comedy/python/sounds/naughty.wav
September 14th, 2004 02:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

It's been damn (ha!) good so far! And good luck to you too - may I introduce you to MadMartha?

I think I'll wait to book the flight at Travelocity I was just doing, to wash off some of your bad hoodoo. The fares better not go up! But if they go down - I shall thank you.

Born again boy needs to get a grip - on something other than...

[Edited by Lambchop*]

Hey man that suit is you, you'll get some leg tonight for sure!
September 14th, 2004 02:03 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Riffhard

Riffhard- ya ever go to Doc's?
September 14th, 2004 02:09 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Oh,and by the way Mathijs. Religion does not corrupt people. People corrupt religion.

Bingo!
September 14th, 2004 02:21 PM
telecaster
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Who would have thought this thread would spiral out of control...

I agree gypsy. I have seen orgies more organized than this thread

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9