ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Passion of The Christ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
September 11th, 2004 03:32 AM
Bloozehound Lets talk,

The Passion of The Christ.....good flick, or no ?

September 11th, 2004 04:06 AM
stones-addict I saw it for the first time last weekend. It was a very difficult movie to watch because of the brutality. I thought that I was desensitized to movie violence, but this one was so real that I forgot at time that I was watching a movie. I felt like I was really there. It couldn't have been scripted/casted/directed/produced/acted any better. A very, very emotional film. A must see in my opinion.
September 11th, 2004 04:52 AM
egon couldn't care less about jesus.
September 11th, 2004 04:52 AM
Bloozehound right

but lets ask or selves .....

its only rock roll,

but i like it

fuk that!

im a god fearin' christian boy

and if u dont like that,

u can kiss my fuckin' ass!
September 11th, 2004 04:55 AM
egon let's talk harry potter. when's no 3 coming out?
September 11th, 2004 05:09 AM
Bloozehound gimmie gimmie gimmie
September 11th, 2004 05:18 AM
mac_daddy jb is going to love this thread :P

i haven't seen the movie yet, but then again, i haven't seen schindler's list or ghandi, either...

September 11th, 2004 05:41 AM
Bloozehound lets party baby
September 11th, 2004 06:26 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
egon wrote:
let's talk harry potter. when's no 3 coming out?

and Harry potter is a big stones fan, unlike Jesus Christ, who played for a small band in the 60's called the beatles...
September 11th, 2004 10:00 AM
sirmoonie Do bongs!!!
September 11th, 2004 12:03 PM
parmeda
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
Lets talk,

The Passion of The Christ.....good flick, or no ?

I saw it when it first came to the theaters.
Being a catholic, I didn't learn anything different from what I already knew. I have to say that Mel Gibson did an excellent interpretation to what "he" believed to be true.
September 11th, 2004 05:06 PM
gypsy Hey, parmy! I'm Catholic too! I haven't seen the film...but I did watch a show about the making of the movie...and it gave me goosebumps.
I can't believe people complain about the 'violence.' Look at all the video games kids are playing these days...look at the news...look at the movies your kids are watching.
Of course Jesus's death was violent...that's the point--he died for our sins...that's how much Jesus loves us.
September 11th, 2004 05:23 PM
LadyJane Well said gypsy!

I have yet to see the film, but it has been ordered from Amazon.

LJ.

BTW...I can't believe the three of us are Catholic. This explains alot! Wonder what the Nuns would think of the way we carry on?!
September 11th, 2004 05:28 PM
glencar Hey I'm one too. I saw "The Passion" in the theater. I won't bother seeing it again although I appreciated what I saw the first time around. I'll never forget what it was like in the theater whne the movie ended.
September 11th, 2004 06:52 PM
gypsy Thanks, LJ...but I can't help feeling like singing "Yes, Jesus Loves Me..." after I read my post!
September 11th, 2004 10:24 PM
Soldatti I saw it a few months ago. I don't know what to think about it, it's good but a little hard.
JB will post a better review...
September 11th, 2004 10:50 PM
Mr Hess I just rented the South Park parody, 'The Passion Of A Jew'.
Review later...........
September 11th, 2004 11:44 PM
Bloozehound they whipped the holy hell outta that ol boy

September 12th, 2004 07:30 AM
Monkey Woman Hey, I don't want anybody to die for my sins! They're *mine*, not his!
September 12th, 2004 08:28 AM
IanBillen
I don't know I never really wanted to see it. I thought Mel Gibson got a little koo-koo on the violence that Christ had to withstand and used that as the main pitch to sell the movie.
I think he somehow was, I don't know,...."flippy" toward that side of it from what I have heard about the film and from what I have seen him say about it in interviews. He gets really intense on it. Even more so than normal.
Ian
September 12th, 2004 10:11 AM
gimmekeef Why watch a movie thats total bs..never happened..Gibson playing politics..who cares!
September 12th, 2004 10:14 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
Mr Hess wrote:
I just rented the South Park parody, 'The Passion Of A Jew'.
Review later...........

there is such a thing..?

classic!

i am anxiously awaiting a review
September 12th, 2004 08:59 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
I thought Mel Gibson got a little koo-koo on the violence that Christ had to withstand and used that as the main pitch to sell the movie.

I tend to agree with this statement.

I've watched POTC twice now, and I gotta say it's an ok little flick, but I don't know what in the hell all the controversy and hype was all about.

That subtitles gimmick was annoying, just speak english Mel
September 12th, 2004 10:58 PM
Riffhard It's a brilliant film. The subtitles are not gimmicks at all. Gibson tried,and succeeded,to present an historicaly acurate(as he sees it)film and he pulled it off. I personaly thought that the use of the real languages of the day made it that much more convincing.

No offense here,but I must say that it is a little bit scary to see so many Europeans on this board dismiss Christ as if He were fiction. I was in Europe last year and I could not help but notice how very secular it was. There can be absolutly no doubt that Jesus did exist. Christian,Jewish,Budist,Muslim no matter. There is ample evidence that Jesus was a real figure. He did live.

The latest polls show that only about a third of Europe practices any religion at all. Maybe that's the reason that France has been dealing with so much religeous hatered lately. Jews are being victimised daily and the goverment of France seems to look the other way. I'm not being anti French here. Hell,I love France! However,this is really happening in France. I saw it and I'm not Jewish. It's ridiculous.

Christ has served me well,and I have no doubt that He will continue to do so. Get the film and watch it! It's great! He did suffer for our sins and this film makes that very clear.

Riffhard

I ain't no Jesus freak Ronnie!

September 13th, 2004 05:00 AM
stones-addict
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
It's a brilliant film. The subtitles are not gimmicks at all. Gibson tried,and succeeded,to present an historicaly acurate(as he sees it)film and he pulled it off. I personaly thought that the use of the real languages of the day made it that much more convincing.

No offense here,but I must say that it is a little bit scary to see so many Europeans on this board dismiss Christ as if He were fiction. I was in Europe last year and I could not help but notice how very secular it was. There can be absolutly no doubt that Jesus did exist. Christian,Jewish,Budist,Muslim no matter. There is ample evidence that Jesus was a real figure. He did live.

The latest polls show that only about a third of Europe practices any religion at all. Maybe that's the reason that France has been dealing with so much religeous hatered lately. Jews are being victimised daily and the goverment of France seems to look the other way. I'm not being anti French here. Hell,I love France! However,this is really happening in France. I saw it and I'm not Jewish. It's ridiculous.

Christ has served me well,and I have no doubt that He will continue to do so. Get the film and watch it! It's great! He did suffer for our sins and this film makes that very clear.

Riffhard

I ain't no Jesus freak Ronnie!

Very well said Riffhard!
September 13th, 2004 07:26 AM
exile
I liked "passion of the Christ" It was violent but its what Jesus went through. anything do do with religion is going to freak people out.

people are so used to blockbuster movies these days and say it wasnt a good movie, what did they expect Jesus to grab a M-16 and start cutting down the roman soldiers or something.

September 13th, 2004 08:23 AM
gimmekeef Are we talking about the Jesus that used to play shortstop for the Cubs?
September 13th, 2004 09:50 AM
egon Everyone knows that there was a man called Jesus christ.
That has been proven. Most of the time there is some truth in a myth, cos that's what it is for me; a story.

And riffhard, a lot of people in France still believe.
Being anti jew has nothing to do with NOT believing in god. If anything it is the other way around!

Religion (in europe) has been the start of problems/wars for hundreds of years. That says enough for me.

Take the people in the midle east who are convinced that they pray to the only real god there is. who's to say they are not right? (crazy as it sounds) How do we know our/your god is the real deal?

But don't get me wrong, I have absolutely nothing against people that believe! It's all about how we are right here and right now. It's about being the best possible person you can be. I do not need a god or a book to tell me how to do that.

I know this is a discussion that can go on forever.
But let's face it, for most of us it is all about what we were thaught by our parents. Whatever they said was the truth, we just "copied".

If you get strenght from your religion, good on you!
I however, can do without.

But really, i love you all!
September 13th, 2004 10:23 AM
gimmekeef For Christ sakes...if there is a God..any God...he'll (she'll) get the Stones to make a new album quick so we dont have to worry about Mel Gibson films!!!!!!!!!
September 13th, 2004 10:35 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
Hey, I don't want anybody to die for my sins! They're *mine*, not his!

or, to put it another way . . .

Jesus died for somebody's sins but not mine
meltin' in a pot of thieves
wild card up my sleeve
thick heart of stone
my sins my own
they belong to me, me!

Patti Smith

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9