ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 2004 Daily Mirror with special thanks to Bootcover
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Passion of The Christ Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
September 17th, 2004 03:28 PM
gypsy "circlecake"--I think you just coined a new term, Lamby!
September 17th, 2004 03:28 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:
The Bills will be crushed by the Raiders this weekend while my Phins will recover against the improved Bengals...

Your Phins are as lame as my Bills. I always route for Buffalo to win as much as I route for Miami to lose. I'd go so far as to say, I hate the Miami Dolphins with every fiber of my soul.

But I still love you, joshy!!

LJ.
September 17th, 2004 03:52 PM
Some Guy Everyone have a great weekend. I'm off to Blockbuster video to rent The Passion of the Christ and see it for the first time.

The disciples were in a unique position to know whether the Resurrection happened , and they went to their deaths proclaiming it was true. Nobody knowingly and willingly dies for a lie. Apart from the Resurrection, theres no good reason why such sceptics as Paul and James would have been converted and would have died for their faith. Within weeks of the Crucifixion , thousands of Jews became convinced Jesus was the Son of God and began following him, abandoning key social practices that had critical socialogical and religious importance for centuries. They believed they risked damnation if they were wrong. The early sacraments of Communion and Baptism affirmed Jesus' Resurrection and Deity. The miraculous emergence of the Church in the face of brutal Roman persecution "rips a great hole in history, a hole the size and shape of the Resurrection".
September 17th, 2004 03:57 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:

I had a blood test done last week and there was an olive in it

You make Joey smile .

First " Jaggerbomb " is on me tonight .

J. Fly !
September 17th, 2004 04:04 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Everyone have a great weekend. I'm off to Blockbuster video to rent The Passion of the Christ and see it for the first time.

The disciples were in a unique position to know whether the Resurrection happened , and they went to their deaths proclaiming it was true. Nobody knowingly and willingly dies for a lie. Apart from the Resurrection, theres no good reason why such sceptics as Paul and James would have been converted and would have died for their faith. Within weeks of the Crucifixion , thousands of Jews became convinced Jesus was the Son of God and began following him, abandoning key social practices that had critical socialogical and religious importance for centuries. They believed they risked damnation if they were wrong. The early sacraments of Communion and Baptism affirmed Jesus' Resurrection and Deity. The miraculous emergence of the Church in the face of brutal Roman persecution "rips a great hole in history, a hole the size and shape of the Resurrection".

Mel Brooks 'The history of the World part 1" is very informative on this subject-shalom.
September 17th, 2004 04:09 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
Yes, Mr. Black Power, I'm old enough to remember that total slam against the United States of America. It's hard to forgive or forget bullshit like that.

I suppose thats one way of looking at it, Mr. Grover.
September 17th, 2004 04:27 PM
gypsy Black Power!
Stick it to the man!
In the words of P Diddy: "I thought I told you that we won't stop...yeah, uh-huh, we won't stop."

While on this subject...I heard Flava Flav has been getting busy with Brigitte Nielsen (Stallone's ex). What are your views on that?
[Edited by gypsy]
September 17th, 2004 04:28 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Black Power!
Stick it to the man!
In the words of P Diddy: "I thought I told you that we won't stop...yeah, uh-huh, we won't stop."

we can't stop, don't know how to stop!
September 17th, 2004 04:30 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Black Power!
Stick it to the man!

While on this subject...I heard Flava Flav has been getting busy with Brigitte Nielsen (Stallone's ex). What are your views on that?
[Edited by gypsy]

http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20031208&s=kelley
September 17th, 2004 04:37 PM
Some Guy
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Black Power!
Stick it to the man!

[Edited by gypsy]

Worst ass I've ever, ever seen on T.V!!!!!
September 17th, 2004 09:37 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Worst ass I've ever, ever seen on T.V!!!!!

Me too!
September 20th, 2004 01:32 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I suppose thats one way of looking at it, Mr. Grover.

I'd call it the correct way to look at it if one has respect for the United States Olympic Team and the opportunity for an athelete to get onto their country's team.

Your profile doesn't say where you live. Are you a United States citizen?
September 20th, 2004 01:34 PM
WildBillGrover
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Did anyone watch the new Survivor last night? I have to tape it for my boyfriend every week. Anyway, caught a glimpse, and there is a chick named "Dolly" who is a sheep herder. I'm not kidding. I think Joey would want Dolly to win.

That's too bad - maybe you should switch to a boyfriend who appreciates intelligent television programming instead!
September 20th, 2004 03:06 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
WildBillGrover wrote:
That's too bad - maybe you should switch to a boyfriend who appreciates intelligent television programming instead!

first she'd have to be halfway intelligent herself
September 20th, 2004 03:17 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:

first she'd have to be halfway intelligent herself

That's a low blow, even for you!!!

LJ.
September 20th, 2004 03:24 PM
gypsy Thanks, LJ.
Bloozehound, you're a twat...worse than that--you're a twat who cannot spell.
September 20th, 2004 03:55 PM
Jumping Jack Madonna Calls for World Peace at Meeting
Sep 20, 7:05 AM EST

Pop star Madonna called for world peace Sunday at a conference on Jewish mysticism, a highlight of her five-day pilgrimage to the Holy Land.

Israel hopes the star — the biggest pop celebrity to visit in years — will revive tourism battered by four years of Mideast violence, and government officials were on hand at a Tel Aviv hotel to share the spotlight, the glory and the photographs.

Madonna, wearing a green-and-white patterned dress, said she was hesitant to come to Israel "after seeing so many news reports about terror attacks."

"I realize now that it is no more dangerous to be here than it is to be in New York," she told the gathering.

Madonna was raised a Roman Catholic, but she has become an avid devotee of Jewish mysticism in recent years.

She has adopted the Hebrew name Esther, wears a red thread on her wrist to ward off the evil eye and reportedly refuses to perform on the Jewish Sabbath.

Tourism officials hope the singer's well-publicized visit to Israel will calm fears that have kept many potential tourists away from the Holy Land, despite its religious and other attractions.

Israeli Tourism Minister Gideon Ezra said Madonna's visit was better than advertising for tourism.

"If she comes here and goes back and was happy with her visit, it means for a lot of people who were afraid to come here that they can come without any problem," Ezra said.

Madonna said the people she met during her five-day Holy Land trip "have one thing in common — we want to create peace in the world."

"We want to put an end to chaos and suffering," she said, "but most of all we want to put an end to hatred with no reason."

The singer said she was not representing a religion. Rather, she said, "I'm here as a student of Kabbalah. A Kabbalist sees the world as a unified whole. A Kabbalist asks why."

While many Israelis welcomed the singer and her entourage, others were uncomfortable with the mission.

Over the years, observant Jews have considered Kabbalah a powerful, even potentially dangerous undertaking to be tackled only by the most qualified and learned men. Now, many Orthodox Jews reject the adoption of Kabbalah by non-Jewish pop figures as a desecration of the holy.

Early Sunday, Madonna went to the Givat Shaul cemetery outside Jerusalem to visit the grave of a famous Jewish mysticist.

Guarded by police, Madonna and husband, Guy Ritchie, walked past rows of tombstones to the grave of the Kabbalist sage Rabbi Yehuda Ashlag.

Polish born Ashlag is the renowned author of the Sulam, the ladder, a commentary on the core Kabbalistic text, the Zohar. He died in 1954.

Led by a rabbi, Madonna and her small entourage recited blessings over food and wine, drank from small plastic cups and circled the raised stone grave. Toward the end of the ceremony, Madonna wiped tears from her eyes.

Adherents of Jewish mysticism believe that praying at the graves of sages can help achieve one's wishes. Millions make pilgrimages every year to the more than 100 of these burial sites across the Holy Land.
September 20th, 2004 04:09 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Thanks, LJ.
Bloozehound, you're a twat...worse than that--you're a twat who cannot spell.

Let's see here -- Young Joey now spells the following :

{{{ ecstatic }}}

E*K*S*T*I*C

{{{ ecstatic )))

I thank You All For Your Time Today .

W- W- W- W- What ?!?! ........Oh , Let's See :

OK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 23rd, 2004 07:08 PM
WildBillGrover Joey, are ya still smokin the KGB morning, noon and night?
September 24th, 2004 05:36 AM
gypsymofo60 Absolutely magnificent! A trully brilliant piece of film making. It makes me weep! Gibsons detractors are either orthodox Jews, or insecure Catholics. Read about The Nag-Hammadi scrolls, everything then starts to fall into synch.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9