ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
15th September 2006 08:05 AM
chevysales
quote:
glencar wrote:
That Steve Portigal is an ungrateful fuck!

actually glencar he seems to be quite a nice guy and runs a very clean mailing list.
15th September 2006 08:08 AM
chevysales
quote:
SteveMiller wrote:

Who gives a flying fuck, you dumb fucking idiot

hey can't your idle afford his own message board... fat ass bitch who once lost boz became a joke... circa 73.
15th September 2006 10:16 AM
jb
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
those complaining about slow Foxboro (NOT Boston!! that's like calling Boca 'Miami'!!) ticket sales should pray tell us all how many have sold in South Florida?

[Edited by lotsajizz]

You are well aware my friend of what we call a "red herring". The 2 sold out Florida shows were a huge success. In addition, I trust , at this point, most would have preferred they skip Boston given the irreperable damage this has caused.
15th September 2006 10:44 AM
Dan
quote:
You are well aware my friend of what we call a "red herring". The 2 sold out Florida shows were a huge success. In addition, I trust , at this point, most would have preferred they skip Boston given the irreperable damage this has caused.

Damage? I think this is the best thing the Stones have done since Some Girls.
15th September 2006 10:46 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Damage? I think this is the best thing the Stones have done since Some Girls.

Enjoy Aerosmith.
[Edited by jb]
15th September 2006 10:49 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Enjoy Aerosmith.

I always do. Enjoy reality and realistically priced stadium shows.
15th September 2006 10:50 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I always do. Enjoy reality and realistically priced stadium shows.

Enjoy Aersomith.
15th September 2006 10:52 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Enjoy Aersomith.

I don't think I am going to make it this tour. I refuse to pay more than $22.50 for any concert and they are just too popular in these parts. Enjoy Barbra Streisand.
15th September 2006 10:54 AM
Nellcote Please tell me Coach Saban,(you had better win at home this weekend if you want to carry the Belichick mantle..) if Boston is so lousy, why don't they open in Shreveport LA this time,such as they did in '75?
15th September 2006 10:54 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I don't think I am going to make it this tour. I refuse to pay more than $22.50 for any concert and they are just too popular in these parts. Enjoy Barbra Streisand.

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.....I will never see a band like Aerosmith as they reporesent, to me, all that went wrong with rock.
15th September 2006 10:58 AM
Saint Sway it was just a matter of time.... how many times can you charge people $500 to hear Start Me Up again and again??

they've run out of creativity... no fresh songs... no fresh ideas... too much recycling of the same songs, sets, ideas..etc ... "yay! They're playing Honkeytonk Woman! Ooh look a giant inflatable"... "Yay! They're playing Sympathy for the Devil! Ooh scary flames!"... "Yay! They're playing Satisfaction! Oooh! Confetti!"....

the well is dry

bone dry
15th September 2006 10:58 AM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.....I will never see a band like Aerosmith as they reporesent, to me, all that went wrong with rock.

I wouldn't expect your average Streisand fan to know anything about what is right or wrong with rock.
15th September 2006 10:59 AM
polytoxic Someone woke me up this mornin' and I lit a cigarette
Found myself when I stopped yawnin', started
getting myself dressed
Then I felt I had a dream, I remembered the
things I'd seen
I could still hear the things you said with that bad
dream in my head
It was a sad day, bad day, sad day, bad day

So I called you on the phone and your friend said
"she's not home"
So I told her where I'd be at and that you should
call me back
Then I looked at the morning mail, I was not even
expecting a bill
Your letter a-started "Dear", and it left me
with these tears.

Think of the times that we had rows, but we
patched them up somehow
Think of the times I tried to go, but you screamed
and told me no
There is only one thing in this world that I can't
understand, that's a girl
I keep a-readin' the things you said, like a bad
dream in my head

Oh, what a sad, sad, old day - a sad, old day
It was a sad, old day
15th September 2006 11:00 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

I wouldn't expect your average Streisand fan to know anything about what is right or wrong with rock.

I wouldn't expect anyone who doesn't get my neil/Babs schtick to understand rock either.
15th September 2006 11:01 AM
polytoxic As I stand by your flame
I get burned once again
Feelin low down, Im blue

As I sit by the fire
Of your warm desire
Ive got the blues for you, yeah

Every night youve been away
Ive sat down and I have prayed
That youre safe in the arms of a guy
Who will bring you alive
Wont drag you down with abuse

In the silk sheet of time
I will find peace of mind
Love is a bed full of blues

And Ive got the blues for you
And Ive got the blues for you
And Ill bust my brains out for you
And Ill tear my hair out
Im gonna tear my hair out just for you
If you dont believe what Im singing
At three oclock in the morning, babe, well
Im singing my song for you
15th September 2006 11:04 AM
glencar
quote:
chevysales wrote:

actually glencar he seems to be quite a nice guy and runs a very clean mailing list.

I was just kidding. I've never posted there or even received it but I was just reacting to what was said in the article.
15th September 2006 11:13 AM
Nellcote We are on the rehearsal hunt this weekend.
Anyone with dope on this, please post..
I'm going for a driveby of the stadium today
to determine if the stage is going up...
15th September 2006 11:35 AM
Dan
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
We are on the rehearsal hunt this weekend.
Anyone with dope on this, please post..
I'm going for a driveby of the stadium today
to determine if the stage is going up...

My guess is an hour long soundcheck the day of.
15th September 2006 11:57 AM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

My guess is an hour long soundcheck the day of.

Enjoy Aerosmith and the rest of the shitty LA music scene..LA never was, and never will be remotely a Stones city. The Stones avoiud LA and never have enjoyed playing there. It is just an easy pay day.
15th September 2006 12:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

Enjoy Aerosmith and the rest of the shitty LA music scene..LA never was, and never will be remotely a Stones city. The Stones avoiud LA and never have enjoyed playing there. It is just an easy pay day.

True. they only recorded many of their mid 60's albums and singles there, a fair chunk of Let It Bleed and Exile as well as their two most recent studio albums.
15th September 2006 12:03 PM
Nellcote Gazza, I continue to question how an officer of the court can be so hallucinogenic....
15th September 2006 12:04 PM
rasputin56 Other than that, they really hate the place.
15th September 2006 12:09 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

True. they only recorded many of their mid 60's albums and singles there, a fair chunk of Let It Bleed and Exile as well as their two most recent studio albums.

I disagree...this was simply editing as most of Exile was in france. Also, given the quality of the last 2 albums, it appears LA had quite a influence on them....bottom line, the spped metal music scene in LA is everything we have fough against...they hate the Stones and we hate LA.
15th September 2006 12:12 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Gazza, I continue to question how an officer of the court can be so hallucinogenic....

The only thing hullucinogenic is Bostons failure as a city to support the band.,...I respect you and consider you a friend, but I would be ashamed to be a resident of a town that has buried the band.....Also, Ortoiz showed a complete lack of class and Jeter shall win MVP!!!
15th September 2006 12:15 PM
LadyJane Joshy...Bills vs Dolphins.

A real snoozefest.

LJ.
15th September 2006 12:17 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Uh....Aerosmith aint LA music.
15th September 2006 12:18 PM
jb
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Joshy...Bills vs Dolphins.

A real snoozefest.

LJ.

We were suppose to be good this year...I have my doubts. I am not going as we are buying a new bedroon set sunday (Pan Asian), and it is being deleivered. I look forward to seeing you in AC with my family.
15th September 2006 12:18 PM
Dan
quote:
bottom line, the spped metal music scene in LA is everything we have fough against...they hate the Stones and we hate LA.

Find some quotes where any LA speed metal bands have mentioned the Stones. And who is "we" and what are "we" fighting for? (And most importantly, howe are you fighting?)
15th September 2006 12:22 PM
jb
quote:
Dan wrote:

Find some quotes where any LA speed metal bands have mentioned the Stones. And who is "we" and what are "we" fighting for? (And most importantly, howe are you fighting?)

Every LA metal band, from Ratt to Poison, have attempted to rip the Stones. LA is a trendy place and wopuld prefer paris Hilton's latest customized dildo than anything the Stones have ever done. Must of us real fans have fought hard to protect the legacy of the band from the hateful LA music scene, and by andlarge we have won.
15th September 2006 12:26 PM
LadyJane
quote:
jb wrote:

We were suppose to be good this year...I have my doubts. I am not going as we are buying a new bedroon set sunday (Pan Asian), and it is being deleivered. I look forward to seeing you in AC with my family.

Lots of Bills fans travel to Miami for the game.

I shall watch it on TV.

Do I get to meet Baby Becker in AC??? I must present her with her ROCC membership card.

LJ.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)