ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
18th September 2006 02:53 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

well someone has to tell the truth.

Baby dutch Rik???
throbby Oh they read the boards. It's just all trifling bullshit to them. Mick's got bigger fish to fry since being voted number 56 in Vanity Fair's movers and shakers list.

Give me a fucking break with this socialite shite, play some balls out rock and roll.
jostorm Oh, hello, little aeroplane!! I think I like you. Would you give me a ride sometime????
[Edited by jostorm]
18th September 2006 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Oh they read the boards. It's just all trifling bullshit to them. Mick's got bigger fish to fry since being voted number 56 in Vanity Fair's movers and shakers list.

Give me a fucking break with this socialite shite, play some balls out rock and roll.

Yes, I read that yesterday.....it was interesting to see him even listed as it was more Corp/Ceo types-off course twat Bono was way ahead.....a lot of great Jews on the list!!!
18th September 2006 02:55 PM
jostorm Well, who cares what Mick Jagger moves and shakes, just as long as I ain't financing it anymore ?!
18th September 2006 02:56 PM
F505
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Oh, hello, little aeroplane!! I think I like you. Would you give me a ride sometime????
[Edited by jostorm]

Hi Jo! I would like to... but you do know what happend to that flight, don't you?
18th September 2006 02:56 PM
throbby Not a place I prefer to see a "Rolling Stone"
18th September 2006 02:59 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
Not a place I prefer to see a "Rolling Stone"

Lets be honest, as much as keithy and Ronnie suck, the Stones would still have been a force if social climber jagger gave one shit about the music...he surrendered the Stones image a long time ago for status hoping.
18th September 2006 03:01 PM
F505 After this fall tour the number of American posters on this board will decrease head-over-heels
18th September 2006 03:01 PM
jostorm It was the one where all the fish dishes were poisoned and the vegan stewardess had to land the thing???
18th September 2006 03:03 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
After this fall tour the number of American posters on this board will decrease head-over-heels

I will remain...many, as you say, will drop off all the boards..
18th September 2006 03:03 PM
jostorm Or the one where the little girl got lost and the mother became hysterical??? (Personally, I would have shouted "yeehaa!" and started reading while eating chocolate....)
18th September 2006 03:04 PM
jostorm No, don't tell me it was the one that....
18th September 2006 03:06 PM
F505
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Or the one where the little girl got lost and the mother became hysterical??? (Personally, I would have shouted "yeehaa!" and started reading while eating chocolate....)

Do you have a copy of Aftermath?
18th September 2006 03:08 PM
jostorm No, I don't possess a copy of "Aftermath"
18th September 2006 03:10 PM
jostorm oops, unless you mean the LP...I do...
18th September 2006 03:10 PM
F505
quote:
jostorm wrote:
No, I don't possess a copy of "Aftermath"

That explains everything!
18th September 2006 03:11 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:

Lets be honest, as much as keithy and Ronnie suck, the Stones would still have been a force if social climber jagger gave one shit about the music...he surrendered the Stones image a long time ago for status hoping.

Jagger ruined the Stones.

Mick is a giant, flaming queen. Who is in love with the theatre but despises rock and roll. So he turned the Stones show from a rock concert into a giant Vegas spectacle. Glittery clothes, wardrobe changes, giant theatrical stages, giant horn sections, back up singers... even those awful overly-theatrical Broadway show tune bows he does.

a Stones concert used to be a 20-something song 180mph sprint. Now its broken down into staged parts - like a play.

back in the day Mick used to get blow job from a groupie and snort a few grams of powder before the show and then strut and sweat like a mad man.... but instead now he actually fucking leaves the stage for a few songs to go have his hair blown dry and his faced powdered! Only to reapear in another flashy jacket.

fuck em!

Charlie Watts is the only cool Stone.
18th September 2006 03:16 PM
F505
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Mick is a giant, flaming queen. Who is in love with the theatre but despises rock and roll. So he turned the Stones show from a rock concert into a giant Vegas spectacle. Glittery clothes, wardrobe changes, giant theatrical stages, giant horn sections, back up singers... even those awful overly-theatrical Broadway show tune bows he does.

a Stones concert used to be a 20-something song 180mph sprint. Now its broken down into staged parts - like a play.

back in the day Mick used to get blow job from a groupie and snort a few grams of powder before the show and then strut and sweat like a mad man.... but instead now he actually fucking leaves the stage for a few songs to go have his hair blown dry and his faced powdered! Only to reapear in another flashy jacket.

fuck em!

I think you romanticize the past!
18th September 2006 03:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
F505 wrote:

I think you romanticize the past!

Brussells 73!!!!!!!!!!!
18th September 2006 03:20 PM
jostorm Never made the connection, I know, it sounds stupid...
Did I ever mention scuba to you???

And if you think that American posters will disappear very soon, then who will be left???? Gazza and you?? And shouldn't you at least make the best of a bad situation, and then at least have some fun, while having the numbers reduced??? Vote them out, or something, and everyday the final vote would be given by one from the Trinity, like a cyber-emperor, so to speak???
18th September 2006 03:25 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Never made the connection, I know, it sounds stupid...

And if you think that American posters will disappear very soon, then who will be left???? Gazza and you?? And shouldn't you at least make the best of a bad situation, and then at least have some fun, while having the numbers reduced??? Vote them out, or something, and everyday the final vote would be given by one from the Trinity, like a cyber-emperor, so to speak???

There will always remain a group of "core fans" that have been with Rocks Off for many years now. Sadly, the "Johnny Come Lately's" always taper off after the end of the tour and/or most recent humiliation (see: Salt Lake Incident)
18th September 2006 03:26 PM
jb I am considerd to be the "Gold Standard" of posting and 100% jEW BOY!!!!
18th September 2006 03:28 PM
F505
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Never made the connection, I know, it sounds stupid...

There will be a few posters left . The ones who are still posting from Europe are the ones who have left a sense of humour and don't got frustrated although they were robbed by the Cohl syndicate. Like me! I am still (!) waiting for the money I spend on the cancelled Brussel concert. (Not Brussel 73 but 2006!!)
18th September 2006 03:41 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

fuck em!

Wow, that's postin'. Seriously, though, you can't blame Mick alone. Everyone, including Keith (though I take it he's off the list, too) and Charlie, has happily gone along for the big-money ride.

I saw the Crowes last night at the 9:30 Club, incidentally. Great show, even if I had to leave early (it was a Sunday night, and, yes, I'm a you-know-what...). I think Stacey's a better player than Ford, whom I didn't miss at all.
18th September 2006 03:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I saw the Crowes last night at the 9:30 Club, incidentally. Great show, even if I had to leave early (it was a Sunday night, and, yes, I'm a you-know-what...). I think Stacey's a better player than Ford, whom I didn't miss at all.

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. 9:30 is a great venue.

Paul Stacey is a nice plus for the band. In addition to being a very talented player, he also happens to not be a heroin addict.

18th September 2006 04:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
throbby wrote:
No! I never thought I'd see Mick in a sparkly gold Vegas jacket either. Who the fuck is in charge of wardrobe?

La Grande Giraffe
18th September 2006 04:10 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I am considerd to be the "Gold Standard" of posting and 100% jEW BOY!!!!

May I call you , " THE GREAT ONE " from this moment onward ?!?!

Please .................. ?!

You Should be PAID !!!!
18th September 2006 04:17 PM
Trey Krimsin
quote:
jb wrote:
I am considerd to be the "Gold Standard" of posting and 100% jEW BOY!!!!

I still think you glue yourself to the computer, JB.
18th September 2006 04:28 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the show. 9:30 is a great venue.

Paul Stacey is a nice plus for the band. In addition to being a very talented player, he also happens to not be a heroin addict.

Gotta love that in a Crowe!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)