ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
18th September 2006 10:09 PM
not bound to please hey - I wasn't the one that did the personal attacks....

it was your "friend"

18th September 2006 10:22 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
not bound to please wrote:
"and has always been a complete gentleman"

Too funny.

I hope you're not fat. I'm not (even though he's called me fat and ugly a bunch of times - though he has never met me) - but he doesn't seem to like fat people. I know a lot of people here he claims to like are fat, so, hmmmm....

hmmmm................................

Hey - go get your group tats and stuff. Are you gonna sit on Brian Jones pool tiles while you do it?

Kewl.

Seriously - I've only hung around to see how far he'd go.

Clearly pretty far.

Carry on, and I wish you lots of fun. Make sure all your shots are up to date - including rabies.

I rest my case.
18th September 2006 10:22 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

If you keep running into assholes all day, chances are, you're an asshole too.
&
Thou doth protest too much!
I love those cliches!
Don't forget, it's 2006 and everyone is online, not like it was back in the late 90's.
Here's a thought... Don't worry about who is posting, and who they might be, worry about the people who aren't posting, and are watching YOU... We're not anonymous here...

Gazza - I'm taking this as a personal threat.

18th September 2006 10:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I rest my case.

are you fat?

18th September 2006 10:28 PM
pdog
quote:

Like the faux threat from SS where you went after his wife?
The internet is yours, paint as you will, just remember, the consequences of your actions are of your own making!

18th September 2006 10:32 PM
LadyJane Personal threat?????

"Watching you" refers to the Internet....as in "watching you here on Rocks Off."

C'mon. Be reasonable, M.

I'm going to bed.

enough drama

LJ.
18th September 2006 10:36 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Personal threat?????

"Watching you" refers to the Internet....as in "watching you here on Rocks Off."

C'mon. Be reasonable, M.

I'm going to bed.

enough drama

LJ.

Sorry - this selective recall is becoming amusing.

Ask pdog what he thinks about women he calls fat. Or ugly.

Or doing 2 months of (dare I say) harassment.

Yeah, he's a cool guy.

Have fun with him.

Good night.

Hope you are doing well. Seriously.

18th September 2006 10:51 PM
pdog
quote:
Ask pdog what he thinks about women he calls fat. Or ugly.

That's easy, it was about one person, you, and I think you're a C***!

I'll give you the last word!
18th September 2006 10:54 PM
Taptrick

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?
18th September 2006 10:59 PM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

That's easy, it was about one person, you, and I think you're a C***!

I'll give you the last word!

I KNOW you're a cunt.

Good night.

18th September 2006 11:00 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

They are over charging for tickets.

18th September 2006 11:00 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Taptrick wrote:

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

HOW BOUT THEM STONES?

Maybe ticket sales are poor in Boston...but hey The Boys are in town and maybe they will shake it up a little!!! Lets keep our fingers crossed!!!
18th September 2006 11:49 PM
Jimmy_Carter If I can bring Egypt and Israel together, I can certainly solve this conflict.

19th September 2006 01:12 AM
SweetVirginia JB...you started this thread....please delete!

We all would if we could.

SV

19th September 2006 04:13 AM
jostorm Oh, good! All the inflated American egos with a must-kill-personality-disorder must be still asleep, it's safe to talk Stones, then??? Without some retard starting yet another personal vendetta and highjacking the thread ??? At least for a few hours??? Goody-goody!
The mind just boggles at what degree of twisted personalities are cruising around cyberspace, you lot must have some extremely sad lives...

So, does anyone else think that the Stones have simply misread the writing on the wall and now are reaping what has been coming to them for a while??? I truly didn't expect to read the same level of discontent, cynicism and disillusionmenton on THIS board, I always thought it was a European thing...Anyway, perhaps the marketing formula of ignoring the fans' desire to hear more unusual stuff and shitting all over them in price terms ,while creating a Las Vegas-type tour with the same old same old and banking on rich execs hospitality budgets doesn't work if you do it once too often ??? I certainly never expected to read "I say we walk" on RO.....
Personally, I'd be quite hacked off if I'd bought 450$ tickets to find they are suddenly being flogged at under 25$ , not that I would enjoy a nose-bledd seat, I'd rather not go, but it's the principle of it...
19th September 2006 04:18 AM
FotiniD Who's fighting and what for?

I'm really missing something here.
19th September 2006 04:32 AM
not bound to please
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Who's fighting and what for?

I'm really missing something here.

What - you missed Mr. rabiddog going on for more than a month?

Lucky you!

19th September 2006 04:34 AM
not bound to please
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Oh, good! All the inflated American egos with a must-kill-personality-disorder must be still asleep, it's safe to talk Stones, then??? Without some retard starting yet another personal vendetta and highjacking the thread ??? At least for a few hours??? Goody-goody!
The mind just boggles at what degree of twisted personalities are cruising around cyberspace, you lot must have some extremely sad lives...

So, does anyone else think that the Stones have simply misread the writing on the wall and now are reaping what has been coming to them for a while??? I truly didn't expect to read the same level of discontent, cynicism and disillusionmenton on THIS board, I always thought it was a European thing...Anyway, perhaps the marketing formula of ignoring the fans' desire to hear more unusual stuff and shitting all over them in price terms ,while creating a Las Vegas-type tour with the same old same old and banking on rich execs hospitality budgets doesn't work if you do it once too often ??? I certainly never expected to read "I say we walk" on RO.....
Personally, I'd be quite hacked off if I'd bought 450$ tickets to find they are suddenly being flogged at under 25$ , not that I would enjoy a nose-bledd seat, I'd rather not go, but it's the principle of it...

Hey - I'm up!

Seriously though, most people have been warned for years that the best time to get tickets is a few days before the show - but they still get all panicy when the tickets first go on sale. When you act like you HAVE to have something - you give away your barganing power. The mega fans want different setlists, lower prices - but jump through hoops at the snap of managment's fingers.

It's finally not working.

Probably the last tour.

It's everyone's fault.

[Edited by not bound to please]
19th September 2006 04:47 AM
Gazza >Here's a thought... Don't worry about who is posting, and who they might be, worry about the people who aren't posting, and are watching YOU... We're not anonymous here...

quote:

How the fuck is it a "personal" threat - when hes obviously one of the people who ARE posting?

Seriously - knock it off. Now.

No more pissing contests on this thread - argue between yourselves offline. I have better things to do with my time and my board than to babysit this shite.
[Edited by Gazza]
19th September 2006 04:50 AM
not bound to please

Oh - because of what was said in the past. And about not being anonymous. I had a certain someone tell me they were going to show up at my place the next week once. They were NOT being nice about it.

I'll knock it off. Again, pdog - you have my PM....

[Edited by not bound to please]
19th September 2006 06:34 AM
Stray Cat UK Lighten up people !

leave it to the politicians

I thought this thread was about Boston ?
Any more news on rehersals / Mick's voice ?

sc uk
19th September 2006 06:41 AM
LadyJane Our outrage is directed at the wrong thing.

Voodoo...for the love of God...change the HEADER!!!!!!!!

And yes sc uk...here is the list of new songs rehearsed per the great Stonesdoug:

Can't You Hear me Knocking
Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.
19th September 2006 06:50 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.

I'm so jealous of all you lucky boys and girls in the States I think you're in for a treat.

Loving Cup would be just great. And LJ, I'm sure you'd love to see Keith sitting down and playing You Got The Silver again, wouldn't you? *sigh* I can't wait till next summer!
19th September 2006 07:08 AM
LadyJane
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Loving Cup would be just great. And LJ, I'm sure you'd love to see Keith sitting down and playing You Got The Silver again, wouldn't you? *sigh* I can't wait till next summer!

I saw him perform it once on No Security.

My reaction sent the crowd around me running for cover.

Shock, tears, screaming...yeah I could hear that one again.

LJ.
19th September 2006 07:08 AM
Stray Cat UK
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Our outrage is directed at the wrong thing.

And yes sc uk...here is the list of new songs rehearsed per the great Stonesdoug:

Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.

Wow - this is dream set list stuff,even if only half of them make it. LITTLE T&A !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks

sc uk
19th September 2006 07:14 AM
LadyJane Hot off the presses at Shidoobee...add Just My Imagination to the list.

LJ.
19th September 2006 07:14 AM
Gazza some of those songs were rehearsed for Europe and not played. I hope you Americans get luckier.

they even rehearsed She Was Hot for the LICKS European tour opener in 2003 - and still havent performed it.
19th September 2006 08:20 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Hot off the presses at Shidoobee...add Just My Imagination to the list.

LJ.

Now I've got the tingle. I can't wait!

SV

19th September 2006 08:43 AM
Taptrick

She Was Hot! Can we get Chuck to jump on this and push the way he did Sway?

19th September 2006 08:51 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Our outrage is directed at the wrong thing.

Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.

If they play "You Got The Silver" I think I'll expire from sheer happiness. And "Little T&A"...you KNOW I wanna hear that one. I realize they probably won't play most of those, but even if they just do one or two - what a treat!
This is gonna be good.

Oh yeah, and Voodoo - that HEADER!

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)