ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
14th September 2006 03:27 PM
SteveMiller
quote:
jb wrote:

Your really tough on the internet....get a life. ANd apparently others do give a fuck, as I am only repearting what has been posted....Glad you registerd on the 12th...
[Edited by jb]

Your a closet Steve Miller fan, just admit it
14th September 2006 03:27 PM
Dan
quote:
jb wrote:

Don't matter if they sell, the cat is out of the bag-we are done!!!

14th September 2006 03:28 PM
F505 Well a few people will always show up
14th September 2006 03:28 PM
glencar Gotta get me a cat. Hate those rabbits!
14th September 2006 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
SteveMiller wrote:

Your a closet Steve Miller fan, just admit it

I don't mind you at all..but that post was not necessary..I did not appreciate it at all.
14th September 2006 03:29 PM
glencar
quote:
F505 wrote:

Indeed, always look at the bright side of life. No more warhorses with a little luck!

Well, a few are OK; just mix it up most nights. Let Omaha be a warhorse place. And Missoula.
14th September 2006 03:31 PM
SteveMiller
quote:
glencar wrote:
Well, a few are OK; just mix it up most nights. Let Omaha be a warhorse place. And Missoula.

I am coming to Omaha to play in a cornfield somewhere, nothing but hits!
14th September 2006 03:31 PM
F505
quote:
glencar wrote:

Three is the maximum!
14th September 2006 03:32 PM
glencar Louisville is #3!
14th September 2006 03:36 PM
jb
quote:
glencar wrote:
Louisville is #3!

I look forward to seeing you there-it is selling well. All this would not be happening if they simply played smaller venues, or atleast did not go back to markets they have hit so many times. I really am perplexed as to the thought process here..and quite frankly, very sad about it.
14th September 2006 03:38 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

I look forward to seeing you there-it is selling well. All this would not be happening if they simply played smaller venues, or atleast did not go back to markets they have hit so many times. I really am perplexed as to the thought process here..and quite frankly, very sad about it.

Maybe this will be the end of Cohl?
14th September 2006 03:40 PM
glencar Joshy, I'm not planning on Loiusville unless I win that contest.
14th September 2006 03:45 PM
LadyJane IMO....AC will be a HOT show!!!!!!!!!

We'll hunt down Cohl en masse.

LJ.
14th September 2006 03:46 PM
glencar Remember when Puggy used to praise Cohl to the skies? 2 maroons!
14th September 2006 03:47 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Maybe this will be the end of Cohl?

Look, Cohl has made them hundreds of millions since taking over in 89..and yes, one bad show really means nothing. However, the fact is this sets a very bad precedent for futire shows as the bar has been lowered for ticket prices at $22.50. Mick and Co. may lovre to tour, but they are not going to reduce prices like that in order to fill up venues..thus, the whole retun tour was a miscalculation imo, b/c it has really cast future tours in doubt...
14th September 2006 11:23 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
Remember when Puggy used to praise Cohl to the skies? 2 maroons!

Without Cohl, there is no post 1989 touring!
14th September 2006 11:29 PM
glencar Guess again...
14th September 2006 11:41 PM
PeerQueer I must agree with the negative-leaning posts in here of late - the return tour was poorly planned. The worst move I have seen the Stones make since allowing that Justin kid to share the stage with them in Canada...

Smaller venues are in order, a classic Blues-heavy album. Mick needs to stop with the ass-shaking spastic movements. He's a cool cat, but lately it has been looking terribly contrived and more than a bit desperate. I hate to admit it, but the guy is looking his age.

If they don't move in a more mature and thoughtful direction, rising above the musical mainstream and being the true Music Gods they are - I shall never see them again.

I was given a chance to see them for FREE in a couple months. I said no thanks - I had travel plans out of the country. A few years back I would have rescheduled those plans to catch a show.

I am more excited to see Dylan that the Stones...that speaks volumes.
15th September 2006 12:01 AM
Bitch Sad about the poor planning and lack of foresight.

1.Smaller venues would have been a much better guarantee to sell out.

2.The expensive ticket prices that are keeping the fans away, especially for multiple shows.

3. There's alot of competition from other bands who are on tour right now. I wont make a list, but theres a good show every week for people to see, who are charging much less for the tickets.

4. Alot of people are having money problems right now, theres alot of layoffs and job insecurity, high gas prices, etc etc etc.

5. The RS need to change the show and do something different, something special. A stripped down stage, and some duets by MICK & KEEF, just the 2 of them, would bring people out to see something really special and different.

IMO
15th September 2006 12:30 AM
glencar Spot on!
15th September 2006 03:50 AM
Monkeytonk-man Once more I must ask, what the problem?

your favourite band is touring, you can go see 'em, and for many the tickets are much more affordable.

what's the problem? I only hope and pray that this trend continues if they decide to continue into eaurope next year. I feel it would be wonderful to haveextra dates at such a reasonable price.

Why are some people getting so pissed off that they don't have to spend lots of money to see the band?
15th September 2006 04:33 AM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
jb wrote:

And sadly, I predicted this!!! What the fuck were they thiunking playing stadiums in markets they have played 4-5 times!!! They really fucked up!!!

"They"??
This is confusing.
I thought it was "we"..
15th September 2006 04:37 AM
F505
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Once more I must ask, what the problem?

your favourite band is touring, you can go see 'em, and for many the tickets are much more affordable.

what's the problem? I only hope and pray that this trend continues if they decide to continue into eaurope next year. I feel it would be wonderful to haveextra dates at such a reasonable price.

Why are some people getting so pissed off that they don't have to spend lots of money to see the band?

The problem is that less and less people are eager to see them. Many casual fans have already dropped out. But also a lot of diehard fans have reached a saturation point: they have seen the Stones too often. The setlists are not very exciting nowadays. The only interesting thing for these diehards (including me) is to see the Stones in a small club playing songs they have seldom or never performed. Watching the Stones play Satisfaction or JJF for the 7894443th time is a little boring. But I don't want to spoil your fun. If you get a kick out ot that you must surely go.
15th September 2006 05:01 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
Once more I must ask, what the problem?

A valid argument if the tickets had been priced at reasonable levels to begin with. However, they didnt do so until it was quite obvious that CASUAL fans werent buying them.

Think you'll find that most people here who are going to these shows bought their tickets early on when they were at their usual exorbitant level. They were only reduced as a desperate measure to save face when it was obvious that the average potential ticket-buyer had passed on paying the prices they were asking.

If they were priced normally, the Stones could fill any stadium in the world, year after year.
15th September 2006 05:22 AM
Monkeytonk-man I totally agree with both the points F505 and Gazza are making.

I would be frustrated if I had outlayed a large amount of money for a gig to find that a vast amount of cheap tickets were on sale, only to hear Satisfaction again.

But, If you were willing to wait and buy a cheaper ticket, and go to the huge areans, then you would be hearing a full rolling Stones concert, even if you didn't have the greatest view.

way I see it is, the cheapest ticket would even out to the price of some nightclubs that you can go to, where you can't even hear a lot of songs you want. So why not buy a cheap seat, and have a great time listening to music you love and enjoy?

15th September 2006 05:48 AM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Without Cohl, there is no post 1989 touring!

So you're effectively admitting that the ONLY reason the Stones have remained together for the last two decades is for the money?

In which case, why do some of you seem surprised when the band dont get the credit in all these worthless opinion polls that you feel they deserve?
15th September 2006 05:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
Monkeytonk-man wrote:
But, If you were willing to wait and buy a cheaper ticket, and go to the huge areans, then you would be hearing a full rolling Stones concert, even if you didn't have the greatest view.

way I see it is, the cheapest ticket would even out to the price of some nightclubs that you can go to, where you can't even hear a lot of songs you want. So why not buy a cheap seat, and have a great time listening to music you love and enjoy?

yes...but people bought tickets NOT KNOWING there would be cheaper (and often better) seats available at a later date.

Effectively, this is similar to what theyve done for most of the tour - ie get rid of the overpriced tickets first (ie the mediocre ones that have side views and cost $450 etc) and then release cheaper ones later when the "mugs" have panicked in sufficient quantities to buy up the expensive ones. The only difference this time is that earlier in the tour everyone knew the full price range of all of the tickets and there was no 'fire damage' sales.
15th September 2006 06:42 AM
lotsajizz those complaining about slow Foxboro (NOT Boston!! that's like calling Boca 'Miami'!!) ticket sales should pray tell us all how many have sold in South Florida?

[Edited by lotsajizz]
15th September 2006 06:43 AM
F505 I don't believe the ticket prices are the only reason why people dropping out. The band is slowly losing its magic.
15th September 2006 06:44 AM
Monkeytonk-man so the cheaper seats that have now become available are better than seats that have already been purchased for a higher value?

no wonder many people are pissed off, I was under the impression that these newly available $22 tickets would be up in the gods, just providing an opportunity to go to the concert at an affordable price.

Like many have already stated, it seems that the Stones have priced themselves out of the market.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)