ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
19th September 2006 10:29 AM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Can't You Hear me Knocking
Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.

Could you imagine a show with all these in the set? Could they do it!
19th September 2006 10:36 AM
PartyDoll MEG Updated list per Stonesdoug from last night:

1 - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
2 - Little T&A
3 - When the Whip Comes Down
4 - She Was Hot
5 - Lovin Cup
6 - You Got the Silver
7 - Under My Thumb
8 - It's All Over Now
9 - She Saw Me Coming
10 - Waiting On a Friend
11 - Just My Imagination
12 - Monkey Man
13 - All Down the Line
14 - Dead Flowers
15 - It Won't Take Long
16 - The Last Time
17 - Love is Strong

I'd feel better if I knew Mick had been rehearsing them too!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]
19th September 2006 11:20 AM
glencar
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Our outrage is directed at the wrong thing.

Voodoo...for the love of God...change the HEADER!!!!!!!!

And yes sc uk...here is the list of new songs rehearsed per the great Stonesdoug:

Can't You Hear me Knocking
Little T n A
When the Whip Comes Down
SHE WAS HOT!!!!!!!!!
Lovin’ Cup
You Got the Silver
Under My Thumb
It's All Over Now
She Saw Me Coming

LJ.

Now, this would make my night. I can't wiat to get "back up to Boston" tomorrow night!
19th September 2006 11:21 AM
glencar
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Updated list per Stonesdoug from last night:

1 - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
2 - Little T&A
4 - She Was Hot
5 - Lovin Cup
6 - You Got the Silver
7 - Under My Thumb
8 - It's All Over Now
9 - She Saw Me Coming
10 - Waiting On a Friend
11 - Just My Imagination
12 - Monkey Man
13 - All Down the Line
14 - Dead Flowers
15 - It Won't Take Long
16 - The Last Time

I'd feel better if I knew Mick had been rehearsing them too!!!

[Edited by PartyDoll MEG]

He's gotta save his voice. I need something different. Even if it's not perfect, I'll be satisfied. I hate those who bitch when songs aren't done perfectly.
19th September 2006 11:22 AM
glencar So, no one wants to beat Shidobeee with the set list? LOL
19th September 2006 12:17 PM
F505 1 - Can't You Hear Me Knockin'
2 - Little T&A
4 - She Was Hot
5 - Lovin Cup
6 - You Got the Silver
7 - Under My Thumb
8 - It's All Over Now
9 - She Saw Me Coming
10 - Waiting On a Friend
11 - Just My Imagination
12 - Monkey Man
13 - All Down the Line
14 - Dead Flowers
15 - It Won't Take Long
16 - The Last Time

I am maybe the only one but I am not that excited. Almost every song has been played before with exception of the 2 songs of ABB. The best you can say it is a small step in the right direction... And I know I am very critical but that's not unreasonable if you look at the prices for a ticket. Plus a lot of these songs mentioned, as Gazza said, will not be played at all.

19th September 2006 12:26 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's gotta save his voice. I need something different. Even if it's not perfect, I'll be satisfied. I hate those who bitch when songs aren't done perfectly.

very true!

its not about hearing perfection. Its about whooping it up at the show and having a blast. But it certainly helps add to the excitement when you can hear some rare nuggets

Stones have never been perfect anyway. Its what made them cool - just bein 'juiced up and sloppy'

they were off on a lot of tunes on the Licks tour. But the cool thing was that you could go to 3 shows back to back and get wide mix of songs. I'll gladly take hearing an sloppy version of Lovin Cup or Neighbors over hearing an identical rendition of SMU for the zillionth time
19th September 2006 12:33 PM
Dan Mick doesn't need to rehearse. He can just read the lyrics off the teleprompter.
19th September 2006 12:33 PM
jb Agree Glencar-Stones live has alwasy been better than studio...what attracted many of us to them was the harder, edgier sound they had in concert...The "Golden Era" saw allof the songs played louder, harder, and with Jagger improvising and making the songs much rawer...Nobody wants a polished product...the problem is , they are trying to play the songs like they are in the studio, and quite frankly, none of them sound like they do in the stduio..
19th September 2006 01:26 PM
Jumping Jack My sources tell me the Boston encore will be The Last Time and It's All Over Now.
19th September 2006 01:33 PM
jb
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
My sources tell me the Boston encore will be The Last Time and It's All Over Now.

Boston parking is more than tickets(35 /22).
19th September 2006 01:52 PM
Gazza is there a "hot lot" section in the car park where you can pay $700 to park your car and get a little gift to hang in it such as a "Stones air-freshener" to kid yourself it was worth the money?
19th September 2006 01:54 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
is there a "hot lot" section in the car park where you can pay $700 to park your car and get a little gift to hang in it such as a "Stones air-freshener" to kid yourself it was worth the money?

funny!!!!! " Laminates are us"
19th September 2006 01:56 PM
Jumping Jack Yes, it is called On Stage Parking, LOL! You also get potato chips and a coke to go with the air freshener! You have to join the fan club another time to be eligible however.
[Edited by Jumping Jack]
19th September 2006 01:57 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Yes, it is called On Stage Parking, LOL! You also get potato chips and a coke to go with the air freshener! You have to join the fan club another time to be eligle however.

I will be in Atlanta next month....
19th September 2006 02:12 PM
Jumping Jack October 25 would be an excellent day to visit!!!
19th September 2006 02:13 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
October 25 would be an excellent day to visit!!!

what are your sources telling you??
19th September 2006 02:34 PM
pdog
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

what are your sources telling you??

This is a great year for California Marijuana...
19th September 2006 02:36 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

http://www.lapdonline.org/newsroom/news_view/33368

Hollywood Medical Marijuana Facility Robbed

Los Angeles: Two men, posing as Los Angeles police officers, robbed the Hollywood Patient Collective on August 27, 2006, netting over $14,000 in cash and drugs. Detectives have released surveillance footage in the hope that someone might recognize either of the robbers.

The clinic is located in the 6100 block of Selma Avenue. The robbery occurred at 9:30 PM, but was not reported until the next day. The victims blamed the delay on threats by the robbers, who took some of the victims' identification.

Two Black men, one wearing an LAPD baseball cap and Hawaiian shirt, came in through a security door. They claimed to be LAPD officers and handcuffed the eight persons inside the facility, including the owner, an armed security guard, and an employee. The other persons were patrons, or patients, who were smoking marijuana.

"The robbers posed as police officers to convince the security guard to surrender his gun," said LAPD spokesman Lieutenant Paul Vernon. "Several of the victims were handcuffed, others had their hands bound by plastic zip ties, similar to those used by police in mass arrest situations."

One suspect patted down the owner after binding his hands, then took $2,000 cash from his pocket.

"The suspects knew a lot about the store's operation," Vernon said. "They looked in the safe and demanded an employee retrieve a laptop they seemed to know he possessed."

While one suspect watched the victims, the other filled trash bags with marijuana, valued at $12,000.

The clinic had video surveillance that recorded the robbery. Still photographs show the suspects' faces. The suspect in the Hawaiian shirt can be seen handling a radio, which was in reality a police scanner.

Anyone with information on this robbery is asked to call Hollywood Robbery detectives at 213-972-2955. On weekends and during off-hours, call the 24-hour toll free number at 1-877-LAWFULL (1-877-529-3855).

19th September 2006 02:39 PM
Some Guy
quote:
pdog wrote:

nice.
19th September 2006 02:40 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

nice.

You're a man of few words
19th September 2006 02:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Yes, it is called On Stage Parking, LOL!

To tie-in with the inappropriately named On Stage "Seating" concept, your car will not actually be "parked" but will be randomly deposited by a stadium valet in a housing project three miles from the stadium. When the show ends, your concert experience is NOT over as there will be a courtesy bus which will leave you close to where you car was last seen. You will be provided with an area map and a torch (which are returnable) with which you can try to locate your tyres and hubcaps.
[Edited by Gazza]
19th September 2006 02:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Dan wrote:

is anyone here willing to testify that I was chatting online with them that night?
19th September 2006 02:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

is anyone here willing to testify that I was chatting online with them that night?

I tried, but you were unavailable.
19th September 2006 03:02 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

I tried, but you were unavailable.

dude!
19th September 2006 03:05 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

dude!(s)

are ancient.
19th September 2006 03:15 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

are ancient.

19th September 2006 03:16 PM
Some Guy
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:

well crafted.
19th September 2006 03:54 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Dan wrote:

Was it Willie Nelson and his band???

19th September 2006 09:31 PM
glencar
quote:
jb wrote:
Agree Glencar-Stones live has alwasy been better than studio...what attracted many of us to them was the harder, edgier sound they had in concert...The "Golden Era" saw allof the songs played louder, harder, and with Jagger improvising and making the songs much rawer...Nobody wants a polished product...the problem is , they are trying to play the songs like they are in the studio, and quite frankly, none of them sound like they do in the stduio..

Remember when we used to hate each otehr? Now we agree on everything. I'm almost a Zionist!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)