ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Halifax Commons, Halifax NS Sept 23, 2006
© Ted Pritchard with thanks to Montana
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Boston Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
18th September 2006 02:07 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is the show still on?

Don't think so...
18th September 2006 02:08 PM
RollingstonesUSA
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Is the show still on?

I'm goin to Atlanta soon, to see Paul Stanley....
18th September 2006 02:08 PM
throbby You know, I've never really thought about wether a show sells out or not. If truly there are 10K empty seats what sort of show will we be in store for? Will the Stones put their game face on or just say fuck it and put it on 18-19 song auto pilot.
18th September 2006 02:09 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Plernty of shame to go around-#1 band is creatively done and #2) Boston no longer even remotely a Stones town..they love U2 , Bon Jovi(sold out Gillette) or any one but the Stones..the worst Stones town in recent memory-they deserve no show!!!

Does your mother-in-law lives in Boston?
18th September 2006 02:10 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
You know, I've never really thought about wether a show sells out or not. If truly there are 10K empty seats what sort of show will we be in store for? Will the Stones put their game face on or just say fuck it and put it on 18-19 song auto pilot.

It'll be a good show no matter what crowd size....Mick will work harder to prove critics wrong..it is just the shame of being in such a lame venue....
18th September 2006 02:14 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

It'll be a good show no matter what crowd size....Mick will work harder to prove critics wrong..it is just the shame of being in such a lame venue....

Without doubt Mick will do hist best. But I have my doubts concerning Ron and Keith...
18th September 2006 02:15 PM
jb Ron and Keith have been insignificant since 97.
18th September 2006 02:18 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Ron and Keith have been insignificant since 97.

So how can it be a good show then???
18th September 2006 02:20 PM
Some Guy I say we walk.
18th September 2006 02:21 PM
F505
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
I say we walk.

???
18th September 2006 02:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
throbby wrote:
I guess there's no longer any interest in photos from the upcoming shows either. Oh well.

Of course there is!
18th September 2006 02:23 PM
Gazza
quote:
throbby wrote:
Why Mick must be so rigid with the setlists is beyond me. He really needs to loosen up a bit. A drink or a blowjob before the show perhaps?

I hope youre only going to volunteer for option #1 !
18th September 2006 02:24 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Of course there is!

Why Gazza? Yes, our good friend Throbby is a wonderful photographer, but why the same old pictures? I have reviwed all other sites, and the interest levelin waning..also, many, many others brought up the ticket issue..Lets just ignore this tour and not post set lists or pictures...we can pretend it never happened...Please Gazza...please!!
18th September 2006 02:25 PM
throbby It's hard to feel sorry for the Stones playing in a lame venue. It's 2006 not 1989. They really need to mix it up, take some chances. They've played the same core of somgs since 1972. That's 34 years of playing the same hits. Fine if they tour every 3-5 years. Gets old real quick for the average fan when they tour two consecutive years. On top of that they decide again to play stadiums, which absolutely suck as a live venue.
18th September 2006 02:26 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Why Gazza? Yes, our good friend Throbby is a wonderful photographer, but why the same old pictures? I have reviwed all other sites, and the interest levelin waning..also, many, many others brought up the ticket issue..Lets just ignore this tour and not post set lists or pictures...we can pretend it never happened...Please Gazza...please!!

He might take some pictures the kids are interested in.

18th September 2006 02:28 PM
throbby Hey Gazza! No, not from me, but I'm sure a few on this board would help him out.
18th September 2006 02:30 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
It's hard to feel sorry for the Stones playing in a lame venue. It's 2006 not 1989. They really need to mix it up, take some chances. They've played the same core of somgs since 1972. That's 34 years of playing the same hits. Fine if they tour every 3-5 years. Gets old real quick for the average fan when they tour two consecutive years. On top of that they decide again to play stadiums, which absolutely suck as a live venue.

The wardrobe is awful as well..in your wildest dreams did you ever see keith in this Liza Minelli like sequins and silk green/purple tiger jackets!!!!
18th September 2006 02:34 PM
throbby No! I never thought I'd see Mick in a sparkly gold Vegas jacket either. Who the fuck is in charge of wardrobe?
18th September 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
throbby wrote:
No! I never thought I'd see Mick in a sparkly gold Vegas jacket either. Who the fuck is in charge of wardrobe?

L 'wren?
18th September 2006 02:36 PM
F505
quote:
throbby wrote:
No! I never thought I'd see Mick in a sparkly gold Vegas jacket either. Who the fuck is in charge of wardrobe?

[Edited by F505]
18th September 2006 02:38 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

embarrassing-Ronnie the pirtate-alwasy 2ns fiddle to Keith-a wannabee, like Aerosmith.
18th September 2006 02:40 PM
F505 I guess Ronnie also wants a part in Deadmans Chest!
18th September 2006 02:42 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
I guess Ronnie also wants a part in Deadmans Chest!

Mick does not talk to Keith or Ronnie-he is embarrasesed to be with them..he does talk to Charlie and michael Cohl, often.
18th September 2006 02:44 PM
throbby The boots..I fucking hate those boots. Why anyone would think them stylish is beyond me. They're like one step above those rubber rain boots with the metal clasps the school principal used to wear.
18th September 2006 02:44 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Mick does not talk to Keith or Ronnie-he is embarrasesed to be with them..he does talk to Charlie and michael Cohl, often.

Unfortunate for Mick Charlie is a man of few words.
18th September 2006 02:45 PM
jostorm Hmmm...you officially have a pandemic on your hands, Yanks, you've caught the bug from the Europeans, same whining, same complaints, same horses-of-the-apocalypse-shit....
I say : fuck the Stones !
They should have bothered to stop and read the writing on the wall!
It's not as if their associates can't spend the time and effort on following what's being written on various fan websites. On the European IORR there has been a very black mood indeed for a very long time, and many people don't post anymore, and many have declared they won't pump in a single dollar into the RS Corporation ever again, unless the reality of concerts changes .
You can only treat your fans as doormats for so long....

By the way, Nellcote, your "Oh, Mick Taylor, who now looks like Elizabeth Taylor, I remember" must be the funniest posting on this website. Ever....

18th September 2006 02:46 PM
jb
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Hmmm...you officially have a pandemic on your hands, Yanks, you've caught the bug from the Europeans, same whining, same complaints, same horses-of-the-apocalypse-shit....
I say : fuck the Stones !
They should have bothered to stop and read the writing on the wall!
It's not as if their associates can't spend the time and effort on following what's being written on various fan websites. On the European IORR there has been a very black mood indeed for a very long time, and many people don't post anymore, and many have declared they won't pump in a single dollar into the RS Corporation ever again, unless the reality of concerts changes .
You can only treat your fans as doormats for so long....

By the way, Nellcote, your "Oh, Mick Taylor, who now looks like Elizabeth Taylor, I remember" must be the funniest posting on this website. Ever....

Good post sans Tyalor(still best guitarist in Stones history).
18th September 2006 02:48 PM
F505 It's a miracle Jo Storm and I still post here.
18th September 2006 02:49 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:
It's a miracle Jo Storm and I still post here.

thanks so much!!!
18th September 2006 02:50 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

thanks so much!!!

well someone has to tell the truth.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)