ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neocon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 9th, 2005 01:38 PM
MojoWire
quote:
MojoWire wrote:

What Stones song(s) are about drugs?

Flea-bit peanut monkey. All my friends are junkies.

There, I answered my own question.
August 9th, 2005 01:39 PM
Eelco previous posting had wrong quote

quote:
MojoWire wrote:

What Stones song is about gays?

What Stones song(s) are about drugs?

What Stones song(s) are about free sex?

Maybe is it a idea to listen to the songs, then you will find out...
August 9th, 2005 01:39 PM
Angiegirl It were quite ignorant questions to begin with.

Edit: unless you're a new fan who doesn't know their songs yet

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 9th, 2005 01:41 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.

Word to your Macky!

MACKY!

The term "Neo Con" refers to the radical right think tank population portion of the Republican Party. There are many people in the Republican Party that do not support their extreme view of the world. It would be sheep-like to assume that Neo Con's represent all Republicans!
August 9th, 2005 01:42 PM
nankerphelge Careful -- you are making sense there!
August 9th, 2005 01:55 PM
monkey_man The Neo Con's agenda has been outlined in the Project for a New American Century's paper entitled Rebuilding America's Defenses: Strategy, Forces and Resources for a New Century published in Aug of 2000. The Bush administration has been following this paper like a script for the last 5 years. It's very interesting that in Aug of 2000 they were contemplating how this new stategy couldn't be implemented without some catalyzing event- like a new Pearl Harbor. The source and quote can be found below.

http://www.newamericancentury.org/RebuildingAmericasDefenses.pdf

"Further, the process of transformation,
even if it brings revolutionary change, is
likely to be a long one, absent some
catastrophic and catalyzing event – like a
new Pearl Harbor."
August 9th, 2005 01:59 PM
monkey_man
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Careful -- you are making sense there!

Divide and conquer baby. . .divide and conquer!
August 9th, 2005 02:14 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.<

That 50% isn't their target market. You and a few others may reside in that 50%, but the core of their US audience would be in that OTHER 50%. AND it will play well in the REST OF THE WORLD(The Stones make big money OUTSIDE of the US market.). Or did you forget about them? Neo-Cons tend to forget about the rest of the world sometimes...or at lest pretend to forget about them when it suits their purpose.

I do indeed think that they will play Sweet Neo-Con live. There will indeed be fans who leave the fold. I'm sure Toby Keith will welcome them with open arms.

But I don't blame them for leaving. I'd probably leave the fold too if my fave band was calling me an assole.
August 9th, 2005 02:18 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

The term "Neo Con" refers to the radical right think tank population portion of the Republican Party. There are many people in the Republican Party that do not support their extreme view of the world. It would be sheep-like to assume that Neo Con's represent all Republicans!

You're telling ME this?
August 9th, 2005 02:18 PM
nankerphelge I don't think that is even remotely true.

The Stones are targeting anyone that'll pay -- I don't think they really give 2 cents about any of the politics other than as a generator of publicity. Otherwise they would have dropped the corporate sponsorships and included a "Sweet Neocon" song in every release to reach their "target liberal audience"

You guys have way too high an opinion of yourselves!

August 9th, 2005 02:21 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I don't think that is even remotely true.

The Stones are targeting anyone that'll pay -- I don't think they really give 2 cents about any of the politics other than as a generator of publicity. Otherwise they would have dropped the corporate sponsorships and included a "Sweet Neocon" song in every release to reach their "target liberal audience"

You guys have way too high an opinion of yourselves!

Bill Clinton liked Fleetwood Mac and I still voted for him!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:21 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.<

That 50% isn't their target market.

You've done polling on this, Dick Morris?

August 9th, 2005 02:22 PM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
>Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.<

That 50% isn't their target market.

You've done polling on this, Dick Morris?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ss" can you stand up to this ss? Howes the training going?
August 9th, 2005 02:24 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]monkey_man wrote:

You're telling ME this?

I'm tell you this because you are saying that this song will offend 50% of the populace when in actuality the neo cons represent maybe 15-20% of the population. You are equating being a good Republican with supporting Neo-Con's. I'm just pointing out a little disconnect . . .
August 9th, 2005 02:28 PM
Maxlugar [quote]monkey_man wrote:

I'm tell you this because you are saying that this song will offend 50% of the populace when in actuality the neo cons represent maybe 15-20% of the population. You are equating being a good Republican with supporting Neo-

Oh OK. I'm stating Bush voters in general will be offended. I doubt if you voted for Bush you're going to make that distinction. Whatever...
August 9th, 2005 02:31 PM
jb Hey , according to all you nunbnuts, all the tickets sold out anyway.....except Durham!!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:41 PM
Sir Stonesalot Oh hell Macky...everyone knows I have the biggest poll! My poll is so huge that it will destroy your hymen!

Actually, I don't give a fuck one way or the other...I was just twisting your man-titty. Nanky's right...I don't think the Stones care about a "target market". They know that for every Neo-Con that they lose, they'll pick up a Lilleth Faire Lib. And both give me nausea.

Either way, they'll get paid. And let's be honest, that's all the Stones really care about.
August 9th, 2005 02:41 PM
72Tele Conservatives are a embarrassment to the rest of the level headed Americans. Gays, Guns and fear that is their main game. They seem to care about fetus's but don't give a shit about actual walking around humans. They love war but don't care to fight them. Everything happens for a reason and Jesus solves all problems. Education, media and science is a bad thing. Nature is a empty pit that we can all piss in with no ramifications. Simple people that frankly are a fucking bore to be around. And this tip is for those youngsters who have not made up there mind about politics and/or dating. Conservative's are the worst fucks on the face of the earth. And the con-chicks never give head. Non-conservative masturbation is a whole lot better then conservative sex.
August 9th, 2005 02:45 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm stating Bush voters in general will be offended. I doubt if you voted for Bush you're going to make that distinction.

Good sheeple never question what they are told to think!
August 9th, 2005 02:49 PM
jb
quote:
72Tele wrote:
Conservatives are a embarrassment to the rest of the level headed Americans. Gays, Guns and fear that is their main game. They seem to care about fetus's but don't give a shit about actual walking around humans. They love war but don't care to fight them. Everything happens for a reason and Jesus solves all problems. Education, media and science is a bad thing. Nature is a empty pit that we can all piss in with no ramifications. Simple people that frankly are a fucking bore to be around. And this tip is for those youngsters who have not made up there mind about politics and/or dating. Conservative's are the worst fucks on the face of the earth. And the con-chicks never give head. Non-conservative masturbation is a whole lot better then conservative sex.

Pure beauty!!!
August 9th, 2005 02:50 PM
sirmoonie If anyone really and truly is offended (note I said "really and truly") by this Rolling Stones song called Sweet Neo Con, whatever the hell it ends up being about, then you truly are sensitive little pigeon-punk, and you should NOT be posting on this or any other Rolling Stones message board. You should be in therapy.

Oh, and hey Motesie, that "pseudo-con" phrase was one of your best. Thats fits George Walker Bush III right to the skeech.
August 9th, 2005 02:52 PM
texile this is going to get fun THIS liberal.......
i can read the conservative dissolusionment between the lines.
August 9th, 2005 02:56 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote:
They know that for every Neo-Con that they lose, they'll pick up a Lilleth Faire Lib.

Sure I agree. I also agree they are money grubing SOB's to a fault. My overall point is they are trying to sell very high priced tickets and some shows and markets show weakness in interest, shall we say. Best not to drive anyone away at this point. $350 a ticket = many many beads for a Lilleth Faire Lib to sell. They might pick them up in spirit but will they shell out.

I will now wait to hear it.

I am so spent on this topic...Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
August 9th, 2005 03:02 PM
Maxlugar [quote]sirmoonie wrote:
If anyone really and truly is offended (note I said "really and truly") by this Rolling Stones song called Sweet Neo Con, whatever the hell it ends up being about, then you truly are sensitive little pigeon-punk, and you should NOT be posting on this or any other Rolling Stones message board. You should be in therapy.

Us message board posters are the die hards. The cream of the crop. Of course no one would be truly offended on the boards.

It's the stadium filler folk that could be turned off.

I thought I was done with this topic?

NOW I'm done.

August 9th, 2005 03:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
It's the stadium filler folk that could be turned off.

No they won't, because they won't even know about any new songs or album even. They come to hear the 5 or 6 Stones songs they know, starting with Satisfaction, thru SMU right down to JJF.

Anyway, this whole thing won't be an issue, and people making it an issue need therapy like Sirmoonie stated. If one defines himself/herself (including their taste in music) purely by their political colour/party they vote for every 4 years or so, that's really sad imo. I'd rather let my daily actions and personal convictions define myself.

I'm a genuine Dutch lefty, but if the song was in favor of conservatives/republicans/right-wing (take your pick out of the whole right-of-center political spectrum) thinkers, I wouldn't be offended. Maybe it wouldn't become my favorite song of the album lyrics-wise, but that's about it, I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep or raised blood pressure over it, and it sure wouldn't change my feelings towards the Stones as a band.

Still, these discussions are always fun, we all look around for slightly related topics to be able to vent our views and disapprovement every once in a while. We're only human. Well, most of us are anyway.
August 9th, 2005 04:25 PM
Joey

" I'm a genuine Dutch lefty, but if the song was in favor of conservatives/republicans/right-wing (take your pick out of the whole right-of-center political spectrum) thinkers, I wouldn't be offended. Maybe it wouldn't become my favorite song of the album lyrics-wise, but that's about it, I wouldn't lose one minute of sleep or raised blood pressure over it, and it sure wouldn't change my feelings towards the Stones as a band. "

You are an EXTREMELY smart and very beautiful woman who WILL be greeted this fall / winter at the Omaha , NE Rolling Stones performance at the now legendary QWEST CENTER ARENA .

J. " Snuggles " Fly !
August 9th, 2005 04:26 PM
jb It's also a great excuse for poor ticket sales...
August 9th, 2005 04:43 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are an EXTREMELY smart and very beautiful woman who WILL be greeted this fall / winter at the Omaha , NE Rolling Stones performance at the now legendary QWEST CENTER ARENA .

J. " Snuggles " Fly !

Don't invite too many girl friends. They might get jealous and then the fat is in the fire.
August 9th, 2005 05:25 PM
Joey
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

the fat is in the fire.

Thanks for reminding me that we are having hamburgers tonight on the grill ....must stop by liquor store for some ' inexpensive ' wine ( red , even though the temp is one hundred degrees outside ) .

" He oversold his hardware again Ronnie ! "

Jacky Cakes !

[ Edited by Steelie ( babe varietal ) ]
[Edited by Joey]
August 9th, 2005 05:33 PM
Some Guy should I be offended?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)