ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neocon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 9th, 2005 05:28 AM
blackandblue Just wondering how the right-wing US nationalists on this board combine their love for the Stones with this song...
August 9th, 2005 05:29 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Just wondering how the right-wing US nationalists on this board combine their love for the Stones with this song...

ouch !!
this thread will set the board on fire in a few hours!!
August 9th, 2005 05:42 AM
lotsajizz they aren't nationalists...they are a disgrace to everything this nation stood for...they and their ilk have ruined a once great nation...they are anti-nationalists....Jefferson and Monroe are spinning in their graves...btwm Jefferson would've liked 'Brown Sugar'
August 9th, 2005 06:28 AM
Monkey Woman They haven't heard the song yet, only read reports and a few words. When the album is out, the real fun will begin!
August 9th, 2005 06:29 AM
Voodoo Scrounge This is why the Stones have steered clear of political stuff in the past. It causes arguments
August 9th, 2005 06:49 AM
Jumping Jack The Stones new single will soon be out as a B-side not included on the CD. It is called My Morals Are For Sale. Word is Kofi & Benon love it.

Another called I'd Sell My Mum for $450 was dropped because Kohl wanted to auction his mother.
August 9th, 2005 07:31 AM
MojoWire How will I, as a "right wing nationalist" react?

I am pissed.The Stones were the last rock n roll band which I respected, simply cause they never latched onto the liberal claptrap.

It is our nation's (military) strength that allows bands like the Stones, BonJovi, Maroon 5, etc. to have the freedom they do to jet around the world while badmouthing their protectors.

If the anything-goes peacenik libs were in charge like they want, this world would long ago been taken over by a dangerous assortment of terror-filled communist (and now Islamist) tyrants who would fear nothing, especially not wimpy libs.

Our strength is what allows us to have the freedoms and lifestyle that we do.

Bottom line: Contrary to what others say (about ignoring a band's politics), I cannot ever look at a musician the same way once I learn how demented they are IF (as most do) they oppose the very freedoms made possible by the strength and character of conservative western politico's like GWB, Reagan, Thatcher, and dare I say Blair.

As much as I love the Stones (haven't missed a tour since 1972, the year I graduated from high school), that's how much I will resent them if this Neo Con Bush bashing song is accurate.

Sorry Mick, have a nice life, and I'm sure you will.

August 9th, 2005 08:08 AM
corgi37 Never latched onto liberal clap-trap?

Yeah, they been living like Pat Boone since 1963. A more liberal bunch of blokes you couldnt hope to find.

Mick - 1,000's of women, drugs, bohemian, bi???
Keith - Junkie for 10 years +, bohemian, boozer, a few sluts here and there, does what he damn well likes.
Brian - a few illegitimate kids, heavy drug use
Bill - thousands of women bedded, 1 under age, had the worst hairstyle EVER.
Charlie - Moderate druggie, 1 woman, um, non-conformist (had short hair when every one had long hair)
Ronnie - Boozer, druggie, artist, sense of humour

Plus, they all despised racism, which was SO not right-wing back in the early 60's.

Yep, card carrying conservatives.

They fucked and drugged and drank their way through 4 decades. And let everyone know it. No scampering in $20.00 motels with $20.00 whores with a $20.00 crack bag for my boys. Nup, they aint Jimmy Buffet. Or about 90% of country singers. Flags mean nothing to them. Nor do politicians. Only pussy, money and good times.

Man, i wish i was one of them.
August 9th, 2005 08:19 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
MojoWire wrote:
How will I, as a "right wing nationalist" react?

I am pissed.The Stones were the last rock n roll band which I respected, simply cause they never latched onto the liberal claptrap.

It is our nation's (military) strength that allows bands like the Stones, BonJovi, Maroon 5, etc. to have the freedom they do to jet around the world while badmouthing their protectors.

If the anything-goes peacenik libs were in charge like they want, this world would long ago been taken over by a dangerous assortment of terror-filled communist (and now Islamist) tyrants who would fear nothing, especially not wimpy libs.

Our strength is what allows us to have the freedoms and lifestyle that we do.

Bottom line: Contrary to what others say (about ignoring a band's politics), I cannot ever look at a musician the same way once I learn how demented they are IF (as most do) they oppose the very freedoms made possible by the strength and character of conservative western politico's like GWB, Reagan, Thatcher, and dare I say Blair.

As much as I love the Stones (haven't missed a tour since 1972, the year I graduated from high school), that's how much I will resent them if this Neo Con Bush bashing song is accurate.

Sorry Mick, have a nice life, and I'm sure you will.

I doubt the band means they dislike America or her values because they do a song about an administration.Besides can we wait until we actually hear it before we take sides?
August 9th, 2005 08:37 AM
Maxlugar Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.

Word to your Macky!

MACKY!
August 9th, 2005 08:48 AM
Gazza maybe, to quote Bob Dylan, "you shouldn't take it so personal...."

Personally, I think its retarded and paranoid beyond belief for anyone to get their knickers in a twist about a song they havent heard and havent even seen most of the lyrics of..

and what Corgi said about this band's history of 'values' is right on. Some people must have been following a different band from me for the last thirty years.

As if civilisation is going to grind to a halt and the world is going to stop revolving on its axis because of some inconsequential 4 minute rock song with guitars. Jesus.
August 9th, 2005 08:51 AM
nankerphelge Speaking as a right-wing nationalist, it doesn't bother me any more than listening to "liberal" Stones fans trying to pick up the Stonesian flag and run with it, as IF they own the sole rights to liking the Stones.

Nope, I'll buy the CD, go to the opener and will have a blast.

Hope the hypocrisy of it all gives you libs the hives!

By the way -- check out the Drudge Report right NOW!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
August 9th, 2005 09:11 AM
throbby Checked it out. Pretty cool.

Keith (Roberts)??
August 9th, 2005 09:13 AM
throbby I'm sure Andrew is smiling
August 9th, 2005 09:15 AM
Snappy McJack I'm not really sure what to think about this. Knowing that Jagger is more of a businessman, I wouldn't doubt he put this song on here to boost sales and get some publicity.

So far it is pure speculation that it is about Bush; however, "Bush Bashing" sort of sells, and I'm sure he knows about this.
August 9th, 2005 09:18 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

I doubt the band means they dislike America or her values because they do a song about an administration.Besides can we wait until we actually hear it before we take sides?

Words of wisdom.

And I love corgi's post!
Yeah, about Charlie being a nonconformist, you might add: artist, lives with dozens of dogs (and sometimes horses) in the house. Yes, Shirley has been known to have a horse in her carpeted home studio when she wanted to paint him...
Oh, and Ronnie is a tree lover too! Eats bio food and patronizes rainforests preservation societies.

The Stones have been doing what they damn well like for more than four decades, and that includes an amazingly wide range of activity, from demonstrating against Vietnam war and racism (Mick) to creating their own record company, from doing "global warning awareness" charity concerts to making huge amounts of money from their fans. They are both cynical and generous in turns, they are individuals with a sense of humour and a keen eye for reality. We love them and we bitch about them. They are huge today on a global scale, and it all stemmed from their love of American Black music... Go figure.
August 9th, 2005 09:25 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
By the way -- check out the Drudge Report right NOW!

Thanks, it's nice to see our boys discussed outside fan boards! But Drudge must have been reading RO or Shidoobee yesterday!

http://novogate.com/board/968/214147-1.html

quote:
"Newsweek" article & interview on new album & tour
But the most searing moment, on a song called "Sweet Neo Con," isn't personal but political. "You call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of s—t." "It is direct," Jagger says with a laugh. "Keith said [he breaks into a dead-on Keith imitation], 'It's not really metaphorical.' I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S." Jagger smiles. "But I don't."

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 9th, 2005 09:31 AM
dkmonroe The Stones, like almost all rockers of their generation, are ideologically liberal but fiscally conservative - making and keeping as much money as they possibly can. Therefore, I'm not in the least put out by their "Neo-Con" bashing. I never expected them to be fans of conservatism in any form. I am rather disappointed in the lyrics as I have heard them quoted, only because they seem trite and lame. But, I haven't heard the song yet, so I really can't judge.

I will predict this, however:

1."Sweet Neo Con" will not be considered the best song on the album. It will generate some publicity because of its subject matter, but no one will consider it a classic.

2. "Sweet Neo Con" will NOT be performed live. The Stones won't be turning their concerts into massive Bush-bashing rallies.
August 9th, 2005 09:37 AM
Gazza you beat me to the post, there with how the Stones are in reality as opposed to their 'traditional' image

ok, so everyone can claim them - so thats everyone happy, I hope

I think theyve rehearsed Neocon, but I agree with you in that I'll be surprised if they play it in the States.

That said, if they dont and then proceed to play it when they LEAVE the US, it'll show themselves as being "hypocrites" and "full of shit" to quote the song's lyrics.
August 9th, 2005 09:54 AM
Monkey Woman "ideologically liberal but fiscally conservative" - yeah, that sums it up!

As for playing the song live... They were safer with "Highwire" back in 1991. It was just a single, and so the radios did or didn't play it according to their sensibilities. So everybody could be happy.

I doubt if the Stones would play SNC even outside the US of A, because there are often groups of American fans traveling to the concerts. And they might not want to play it in UK, Japan, Australia, Italy... (In the States, it's right out. Even people of more leftist leanings could find it impolite to criticize so violently the country's administration while they are guests in there.)
August 9th, 2005 09:55 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Just wondering how the right-wing US nationalists on this board combine their love for the Stones with this song...

As a right-wing U.S. nationalist -- you'll have to try harder if you meant that as an epithet; "nationalism" isn't a bad thing here, unlike in Europe -- I'll greet it like I greet every other piece of political sermonizing from the entertainment industry.

If we right-wing U.S. nationalists were to boycott every movie and/or rock star we didn't agree with, there'd be little left for us to watch/listen to.

In other words: We're big boys and girls. We can take it.

But thanks for your concern.
August 9th, 2005 10:06 AM
jb
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Whatever Sweet Neo Con turns out to be, it is simply retarded to insult the roughly 50% of the populace of the country you hope to be selling very expensive tickets to.

Word to your Macky!

MACKY!

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3rs.htm
August 9th, 2005 10:21 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

As a right-wing U.S. nationalist -- you'll have to try harder if you meant that as an epithet; "nationalism" isn't a bad thing here, unlike in Europe -- I'll greet it like I greet every other piece of political sermonizing from the entertainment industry.

If we right-wing U.S. nationalists were to boycott every movie and/or rock star we didn't agree with, there'd be little left for us to watch/listen to.

But thanks for your concern.

Not concerned at all... just curious. And I see you speak on behalf of your sympathizers.
August 9th, 2005 10:25 AM
exile
quote:
MojoWire wrote:

Sorry Mick, have a nice life, and I'm sure you will

BOO HOO! BOO HOO!
So long....MORE TICKETS FOR REAL FANS

Good ridance, its a rock band....dont take it so seriously dude.

geez...i dont remember Highwire getting such a reaction.
August 9th, 2005 10:26 AM
jb
quote:
exile wrote:

BOO HOO! BOO HOO!
So long....MORE TICKETS FOR REAL FANS

Good ridance, its a rock band....dont take it so seriously dude.

geez...i dont remember Highwire getting such a reaction.

While we hate each other, I agree with your last post!!!!
August 9th, 2005 10:29 AM
exile
quote:
jb wrote:
While we hate each other, I agree with your last post!!!!

thanks jb I dont hate you.....sorry if I gave you that impression

lets just wait for the album before we condem it

cheers mate......
August 9th, 2005 10:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

now that's the spirit!
[Edited by Gazza]
August 9th, 2005 10:31 AM
jb
quote:
exile wrote:

thanks jb I dont hate you.....sorry if I gave you that impression

lets just wait for the album before we condem it

cheers mate......

You shall be greeted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 10:34 AM
moy BUSH WHACKED BY THE STONES!

THE ROLLING STONES accuse US President GEORGE W BUSH of being "full of sh*t" on their new album.

The track ’Sweet Neo Con’, one of the tracks on the forthcoming ’A Bigger Bang’, was already known to be fiercely anti-Bush.

However, frontman Mick Jagger's disdain for the American leader has now been confirmed, with Rolling Stones singer revealing some of the lyrics in an interview with Newsweek.

But the singer has revealed that guitarist Keith Richards, who lives in the US, is a bit worried about the direct nature of the words.

An extract from ’Sweet Neo Con’ features the following lines: "You call yourself a Christian, I call you u a hypocrite/You call yourself a patriot, well I think you're full of sh*t."

Jagger said of the track: “It is direct. Keith said: ‘It's not really metaphorical.’

”I think he’s a bit worried because he lives in the US. But I don’t.”

’A Bigger Bang’ is released on September 5 and is preceded by the single, ’Streets Of Love’ on August 22. The band begin their forthcoming world tour in Boston on August 21.
August 9th, 2005 10:44 AM
blackandblue
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

ouch !!
this thread will set the board on fire in a few hours!!

Your prediction was right!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)