ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neocon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 10th, 2005 02:02 PM
nankerphelge Actually Al Queda said recently thru one of its spokeslosers that it is targeting The Netherlands.
August 10th, 2005 02:05 PM
Jair
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Actually Al Queda said recently thru one of its spokeslosers that it is targeting The Netherlands.

Yeah, & they also planning come to Brasil to kill all the beggars!!!

August 10th, 2005 02:07 PM
nankerphelge Well, I didn't see that in the recent tape:

CAIRO, August 4, 2005 (IslamOnline.net & News Agencies) - In a new videotape, Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden's right-hand man Ayman Al-Zawahiri warned Britain and the United States of more horror and destruction unless they followed what seemed like a "roadmap".

According to the videotape, shown on Doha-based Al-Jazeera television Thursday, August 4, Al-Qaeda's second-in-command said Britain and the United States needed to "withdraw their troops from Muslim lands in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere", to stop "stealing Muslim oil" and to stop "supporting repressive regimes in the Arab and Muslim worlds".

In an apparent reference to the July 7 terrorist bombings in London, Zawahiri warned Britain could face more destruction because of Prime Minister Tony Blair's policies.

"These policies of Blair will bring them more destruction after the explosions of London," he said.

He further reminded Europe of his leader's warning a month earlier.

The Abu Hafs Al-Masri Brigades, a self-styled group claiming affiliation to Al-Qaeda, threatened Tuesday more terrorist attacks in Europe unless European countries withdraw forces from Iraq.

"We want to give you a one-month deadline to bring your soldiers out from the land of Mesopotamia (Iraq)," read the statement dated July 16.

"It's a message we are addressing to the crusaders who are still present in Iraq -- Denmark, the Netherlands, Britain, Italy and those other countries whose troops continue to crisis-cross Iraqi territory."

August 10th, 2005 02:23 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Actually Al Queda said recently thru one of its spokeslosers that it is targeting The Netherlands.

Yes, somewhere between August 15 and September 15 I believe, unless we withdraw our troops from Iraq which our government won't, they target public transport in Amsterdam apparently. Loads of large-scale annual events lined up in Amsterdam from this week on. Nobody seems really afraid or worried (well, maybe the politicians behind closed doors, I hope so). We'll wait and see right, not much I can do about it.
August 10th, 2005 02:35 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes, somewhere between August 15 and September 15 I believe, unless we withdraw our troops from Iraq which our government won't, they target public transport in Amsterdam apparently. Loads of large-scale annual events lined up in Amsterdam from this week on. Nobody seems really afraid or worried (well, maybe the politicians behind closed doors, I hope so). We'll wait and see right, not much I can do about it.

If anything happens to you, I will hold Mick Jagger personally responsible.
August 10th, 2005 02:41 PM
Maxlugar Mickdullah Al Jaggdali will wow crowds from Cairo to Karballah next spring, I hear.

A Bigger Bang is about Car bombs.

August 10th, 2005 02:41 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If anything happens to you, I will hold Mick Jagger personally responsible.

You just made my day
August 10th, 2005 02:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Mickdullah Al Jaggdali will wow crowds from Cairo to Karballah next spring, I hear.

A Bigger Bang is about Car bombs.

Lol Maxy, but do they know over there that Mickdullah Al Jaggdali only likes to drive dark sedans with bulletproof tinted glass?
August 10th, 2005 02:45 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Angiegirl wrote:

Lol Maxy, but do they know over there that Mickdullah Al Jaggdali only likes to drive dark sedans with bulletproof tinted glass?

He drives a camel with thick skin and sunglasses.

The sick liberal jack-off!
August 10th, 2005 03:20 PM
Joey [quote]Maxlugar wrote:
A Bigger Bang is about Car bombs."

......Silly

[ Edited by Joey Salomon ]

[Edited by Joey]
August 10th, 2005 06:56 PM
nankerphelge Jagger Says Song Not an Anti-Bush Tirade

The Associated Press
Wednesday, August 10, 2005; 6:24 PM

NEW YORK -- The Rolling Stones' upcoming album contains a song seemingly critical of President Bush, but Mick Jagger denies it's directed at him, according to the syndicated TV show "Extra."

"It is not really aimed at anyone," Jagger said on the entertainment-news show's Wednesday edition. "It's not aimed, personally aimed, at President Bush. It wouldn't be called 'Sweet Neo Con' if it was."

The song is from the new album, "A Bigger Bang," set for release Sept. 6. There is no mention of Bush or Iraq. But it does refer to military contractor Halliburton, which was formerly run by Vice President Cheney and has been awarded key Iraq contracts, and the rising price of gasoline.

"How come you're so wrong? My sweet neo-con, where's the money gone, in the Pentagon," goes one refrain.

The song also includes the line: "It's liberty for all, democracy's our style, unless you are against us, then it's prison without trial."

"It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical," Jagger told "Extra."

A representative for the Stones said the group had no further comment about the song.

The Rolling Stones intend to kick off a U.S. tour in Boston Aug. 21.

August 10th, 2005 07:18 PM
sirmoonie Amazing Howard Carter like find there Nankie!
August 10th, 2005 07:19 PM
nankerphelge I caught it on Al Jazera
August 11th, 2005 09:32 AM
Jair At least (and finally) some good lyrics...Its just like Mick says: It is certainly very critical of certain policies of the administration, but so what! Lots of people are critical."

It seems to me the right wing Americans want a world full of stupids.

[Edited by Jair]
August 11th, 2005 10:50 AM
Jumping Jack Lyrics aside, it is a pretty lousy song from the sample I heard. Let Me Down Slowly isn't any better.

Too much fuss over an album filler that will soon be forgotten. If the left want validation over the lyrics, so be it, but the music sucks!
August 11th, 2005 12:33 PM
Mathijs It's only natural that if you have a proper working brain you oppose strongly to anything to do with Bush or right- wing American poliics. But what actually worries me more is that the song sounds like it could have been on Primitive Cool...

Mathijs
August 11th, 2005 01:28 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Mathijs wrote:

"But what actually worries me more is that the song sounds like it could have been on Primitive Cool."

That's okay if it means it's danceable. It might get played in clubs. I like the idea of E-chomping 20-somethings getting into the Stones for the first time by sharing a visceral, vomit-generating aversion to the politics and personality of George W. Bush.
August 11th, 2005 01:32 PM
telecaster
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
It's only natural that if you have a proper working brain you oppose strongly to anything to do with Bush or right- wing American poliics. But what actually worries me more is that the song sounds like it could have been on Primitive Cool...

Mathijs

Go fuck yourself Mathijs

If you had a "proper working brain" your country wouldn't have to have the US save your ass

You would be speaking either German or Russian if it wasn't for the US since you weenies won't even defend yourselves but have the US save your weak ass

After you pull your cowardly head out of the sand go fuck yourself you Eurotrash pussy
August 11th, 2005 01:38 PM
Angiegirl Hey Telecaster, look, if you wanna insult back Mathijs, go on. But leave me out of it. You're insulting me and the people of Holland/Europe right now as well. I wasn't around in WW II or any other one ok!! So stop generalizing everything and every one.

[Edited by Angiegirl]
August 11th, 2005 01:40 PM
glencar Mathjis is the biggest asshole around but that's no reflection on the Dutch people. He really sucks.
August 11th, 2005 01:40 PM
Zulu Fun Mix That's a really brilliant and original interpretation of history, Telecaster. I think you should write a book.
August 11th, 2005 01:41 PM
Maxlugar [quote]telecaster wrote:

Go fuck yourself Mathijs

If you had a "proper working brain" your country wouldn't have to have the US save your ass

You would be speaking either German or Russian if it wasn't for the US since you weenies won't even defend yourselves but have the US save your weak ass

After you pull your cowardly head out of the sand go fuck yourself you Eurotrash pussy

SHAZZAM!
August 11th, 2005 01:42 PM
glencar
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
That's a really brilliant and original interpretation of history, Telecaster. I think you should write a book.

History is written by the winners which is probably why you'll never write a history book.
August 11th, 2005 01:43 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mathjis is the biggest asshole around but that's no reflection on the Dutch people. He really sucks.

Actually, Mathijs is a really nice and funny guy in person. He just doesn't like right-wing American politics .
August 11th, 2005 01:44 PM
nankerphelge So am I -- and I don't like him!
August 11th, 2005 01:48 PM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Actually, Mathijs is a really nice and funny guy in person. He just doesn't like right-wing American politics .

No, Angie, that describes you. Mathjis is an asshole who won't let any chance to insult America slip by. He's a dirty fucker & he should keep his dumb opinions to himself. I've tried to separate the moronic French gov't from the people. Mathjis doesn't have that ability. There aren't many I despise around here but he's on the short list.
August 11th, 2005 01:53 PM
Zulu Fun Mix Glencar:

You're taking a general, platitudinous statement and trying to reduce it to the individual level of analysis. You can't do that. Individual history-writers don't fight and win (or lose) wars. Their societies do. My society--the US--fights and wins lots of wars, so by your simple-minded, platitudinous logic, I should be able to write history books. I could do like you and go along with the herd and celebrate all these American victories over Indians, Filipinos, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, assorted Latin Americans, Central Asians, and Arabs, getting off on identifying with the collective cause by writing jingoistic nonsense that you would find thrilling. But to me, only fucked-up, puny personalities get off on psycho-identifying with war victories.
August 11th, 2005 01:54 PM
glencar Blah blah blah!
August 11th, 2005 01:55 PM
glencar Wait, is that dandelion back again? Welcome!
August 11th, 2005 01:56 PM
Maxlugar I'm nice too!

Ya know, if you were to spend a week with me at my adirondack mountain retreat (Chalet de Mountain Macky!), you'd spend a lot of time drinkin', laughin', fishin' and lazin'. A word of politcs might not even be spoken.

Oh sure, I might do a few shots of Makers Mark and break out the guns and start shootin at stuff in the woods out back, but I aint meanin' no harm.

There'd be lots and lots of Stonesin' too. I have a fantastic collection of Stones. I'd like to think one of the best!

So please, Macky only loves. Sure he gets a little bombastic and what not... but in reality, he just want to have a few drinks and catch a bunch of large mouth bass with ya.

And hug you!

Always hug you.

Thanks everyone!

I love you,

MACKY!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)