ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
The bigger bang cubes

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Neocon Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
August 9th, 2005 11:59 AM
jb The "righties" must be proud as our boys are dying and W is tsaking the longest vacation ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 12:04 PM
The Wick
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
No offense, Eelco, I see you're new to the board, but these issues (2004 elections, the Iraq war, the way Rumsfeld and Reagan helped Iraq in the '80s, etc., etc.) have been discussed to death SEVERAL TIMES on this board already. And on other Stones boards. It does get tiresome...

People, you're being too hard on Eelco. He/she is only saying what a few others are repeating on some of the other threads. Admittedly, this is not a political board, but if Eelco is going to have to pack it in, so should all the others.
August 9th, 2005 12:08 PM
sirmoonie Is Sweet Neo Con a Lady Jane type ballad?

====
"My sweet Neo Con......why have you done wrong?

I think you're full of shit....something, something rhymes with shit.

I give my love to....Neo Con."
=====

And then throw in all the geeky stuff Brian Jones used to play, mandolins and dulcimers and the whatnot.
August 9th, 2005 12:11 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd be amazed if the SWP even stood for election where Mick lives. I cant see them making much headway with the electorate of Richmond.

LOL

quote:
Jagger has historically been a Labour voter - he was approached by Tom Driberg (a Labour MP) in the 60's with a view to becoming a prospective parliamentary candidate.

Whilst he's normally been relatively coy about his politics, its somewhat evident from interviews down the years that if anything he's probably shifted more to the right of the Labour party (as has most of the party itself)...maybe even further

To add to the speculations... IIRC, Mick promoted the idea of "National Music Day" to John Major (Conservative) when he was Prime Minister.

And the Stones delayed a few concerts in Britain when the Labour changed the tax laws in 1998 because it would have meant a smaller a smaller income for them (and to be fair, their crew). Talk about being fiscally conservative.

But then Mick was knighted thanks to Tony Blair, so he must have warmed up to him!

On the topics of war and racism, though, the Stones have been coherent along the years, or so it seems.
August 9th, 2005 12:11 PM
jb
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Is Sweet Neo Con a Lady Jane type ballad?

====
"My sweet Neo Con......why have you done wrong?

I think you're full of shit....something, something rhymes with shit.

I give my love to....Neo Con."
=====

And then throw in all the geeky stuff Brian Jones used to play, mandolins and dulcimers and the whatnot.

Are you going to Boston????????????????????
August 9th, 2005 12:14 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
The Wick wrote:

People, you're being too hard on Eelco.

I know it's difficult when someone is new to a board to get accustomed to it, so I was giving Eelco a few indications...
August 9th, 2005 12:16 PM
The Wick Got it Monkey Woman. It's always nice to see fellow liberals helping each other out.
August 9th, 2005 12:18 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Got it Monkey Woman. It's always nice to see fellow liberals helping each other out.

Oh, now you disclosed my secret! I won't be able to hide it anymore!

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
August 9th, 2005 12:30 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
I don't have any idea what the term "neo-con" means to folks outside of America, but here, at least, it refers very specifically to conservatives who are not part of the religious right.

Not so. Neo-cons would be more accurately described as "psuedo-cons" or "Psuedo-liberals" depending on your point of view, maybe even "neo-trotskyists". But if one wants to be vulgar about it and call a spade a spade the word "Gangsters" comes to mind. They occupy the same moral plane as Bugsy Siegel, Al Capone, and that ilk.
August 9th, 2005 12:35 PM
nankerphelge "First of all you're sweet neo-con presidents predecessors (dad & friends) teached Osama and friends how to bom the hell out of people. Second Rumsfeld was good friends with Saddam (did you see theme shake hands?). You're country will be safe I guess when they are guarding it. Thats why you voted for Bush, who cares about the moral issues..."

Welcome to Rocks Off
Now go fuck yourself raw!
August 9th, 2005 12:50 PM
Eelco
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
"First of all you're sweet neo-con presidents predecessors (dad & friends) teached Osama and friends how to bom the hell out of people. Second Rumsfeld was good friends with Saddam (did you see theme shake hands?). You're country will be safe I guess when they are guarding it. Thats why you voted for Bush, who cares about the moral issues..."

Welcome to Rocks Off
Now go fuck yourself raw!

I love to stop talking politics, if you ask polite. But "now go fuck yourself raw" is'nt the way to do that, neither is it a argument in a discussion. Lets say you are a rather 'sweet neo-con'...
August 9th, 2005 12:55 PM
nankerphelge maybe you didn't hear me!
Get the dick outta your ear!

GO FUCK YOURSELF RAW!!!!
August 9th, 2005 12:56 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
maybe you didn't hear me!

GO FUCK YOURSELF RAW!!!!

wOULD YOU REALLY FUCK CONDI rICE?
August 9th, 2005 12:57 PM
nankerphelge No, but I gave her your number, big fella!
August 9th, 2005 01:03 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
No, but I gave her your number, big fella!

Condi was close friends with Peter Jennings!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:04 PM
nankerphelge Well he ain't gonna dog her anymore!
August 9th, 2005 01:06 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Well he ain't gonna dog her anymore!

I have been totally screwed by the 4 Seasons.......I cannot det into details....................I have also been screwed by the Stones who have removed on-stage seating!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:08 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Not so. Neo-cons would be more accurately described as "psuedo-cons" or "Psuedo-liberals" depending on your point of view, maybe even "neo-trotskyists".

No Neo means "New". Neo Cons are the New Conservatives.

Soon you will toil in their underground salt mines!

BOO!
August 9th, 2005 01:09 PM
Eelco
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
maybe you didn't hear me!

GO FUCK YOURSELF RAW!!!!

You proved yourself to be a real 'sweet neo-con'...
August 9th, 2005 01:11 PM
nankerphelge Yeah I heard ya the first time.

Fact is you came here and for a first post, showed your ignorance about me and others like me. Then, when I tried to explain to you why some of us voted the way we did, you got personal.

So, once again, welcome to Rocks Off.

AND GO FUCK YOURSELF

RAW!!!!!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:19 PM
Eelco
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Yeah I heard ya the first time.

Fact is you came here and for a first post, showed your ignorance about me and others like me. Then, when I tried to explain to you why some of us voted the way we did, you got personal.

So, once again, welcome to Rocks Off.

AND GO FUCK YOURSELF

RAW!!!!!!!!

I don't share you're opinion, that is why I attacked you... But saying things like "go fuck yourself"...
August 9th, 2005 01:21 PM
jb "Fuck you" posted here is often a term of endearment!!!!
August 9th, 2005 01:22 PM
nankerphelge Raw!!

Don't forget the RAW part!
August 9th, 2005 01:23 PM
jb
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Raw!!

Don't forget the RAW part!

Like Joey's ass?
August 9th, 2005 01:26 PM
MojoWire
quote:
Eelco wrote:

Neocons dislike gay, drugs, free sex, etc... The Stones sing about all that...

What Stones song is about gays?

What Stones song(s) are about drugs?

What Stones song(s) are about free sex?
August 9th, 2005 01:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
August 9th, 2005 01:35 PM
beer
quote:
MojoWire wrote:

What Stones song is about gays?

When the whip comes down, cocksucker blues, Streets of love...
August 9th, 2005 01:36 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
MojoWire wrote:
What Stones song(s) are about drugs?

Sister Morphine certainly isn't.
quote:
MojoWire wrote:
What Stones song(s) are about free sex?

None of them, none. The Stones don't like sex, never had.
August 9th, 2005 01:37 PM
Eelco
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Maybe is it a idea to listen to the songs, then you will find out...
August 9th, 2005 01:37 PM
jb
quote:
beer wrote:

When the whip comes down, cocksucker blues, Streets of love...

SOL................LOL
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)