ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guest duet with Mick tonight is... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
07-30-03 05:00 PM
Moonisup
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
that's not good

JT with MJ yuk

you are so right
07-30-03 05:33 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

you are so right

Oh, Moonisup, that's not what Chuck would say!

He'd say "Yipee! Another ham! I love it!"

Then he'd turn up his keyboard and unplug Keith and Ronnie.

-tSYX --- Doncha know it's gonna be, all right...
07-30-03 05:48 PM
luxury1 Hey-- I think this is a great move. Justin is a really good singer, current, a pop/teen idol, so the fuck what. Mick is making a good move here. So there. And you can dance your ass off to JT's newest single.
07-30-03 05:58 PM
Martha Hey Riffhard, so glad to have you back and posting such a fantastic answer to the mystery about Keith's missing bracelet.

Conspiracy...right! I should have thought of it myself. Damn Mick.

I hadn't even considered the use of Ronnie's pedal (not lap though, to light, right?) steel as a weapon of choice. Great idea! That way Keith's got some options, just in case. It might not turn out as bad as we all fear.

No shit..where the hell ARE the Hell's Angels when you need 'em....LOL!
07-30-03 06:23 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Hey-- I think this is a great move. Justin is a really good singer, current, a pop/teen idol, so the fuck what. Mick is making a good move here. So there. And you can dance your ass off to JT's newest single.

Whatever. It's not that he's a modern pop idol and we hate everything contemporary. It's the fact that unlike the Stones, who used the music to back their image, Timberlake is all image, no music, like every single other fucking artist in his domain. He's a creation of the companies designed to keep the money flowing in.

Did you read the New York Times article in one of the Sunday magazines this year about the record company strategy nowadays?

They find someone they think can hold their own in terms of holding a microphone up to their lips and who is attractive. Then they decide what kind of person they are and what types of songs they will sing. They, in effect, build their own pop superstar. Will they sing heartbreaking synth-drenched soft crap? Upbeat dance remixes? Will they be rebellious like Avril or slutty like Christina or just another Britney clone?

That's what Timberlake is. Another creature off the assembly line. No musical talent whatsoever. Just there as the latest catalyst for prepubecent girls to discover their womanhood.

I sound so bitter! So young!

-tSYX --- She spoke in broken English...
07-30-03 06:43 PM
luxury1 Come on, Savage Young ONe!! You dont think he can sing?? I know I hear some decent pipes on this young "creation." Just like Christina--she can really sing too. Now, Brittany, there's the real scary proof of a no talent "creation." She is very hot, but man, she cant sing or dance.
07-30-03 08:01 PM
Factory Girl I'm going back to my Alice In Chains cds. This is kind of scary.
07-30-03 08:15 PM
luxury1 Ooops--I am listening to Justin's Cry Me a River. Trying too hard to blacken hisself up. Oh well.

Good idea Factory Girl.
07-30-03 08:34 PM
Martha
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:

Whatever. It's not that he's a modern pop idol and we hate everything contemporary. It's the fact that unlike the Stones, who used the music to back their image, Timberlake is all image, no music, like every single other fucking artist in his domain. He's a creation of the companies designed to keep the money flowing in.

Did you read the New York Times article in one of the Sunday magazines this year about the record company strategy nowadays?

They find someone they think can hold their own in terms of holding a microphone up to their lips and who is attractive. Then they decide what kind of person they are and what types of songs they will sing. They, in effect, build their own pop superstar. Will they sing heartbreaking synth-drenched soft crap? Upbeat dance remixes? Will they be rebellious like Avril or slutty like Christina or just another Britney clone?

That's what Timberlake is. Another creature off the assembly line. No musical talent whatsoever. Just there as the latest catalyst for prepubecent girls to discover their womanhood.

I sound so bitter! So young!

-tSYX --- She spoke in broken English...

Savage and Young..you are the very embodiment of your Rocks Off name. I dig that.

Tom Petty devoted most of his latest album to this very theme "The last DJ"..a theme he knows all too well from being in the business and watching it turn into a money grubbing cesspool over the years.

These young stars (kids) may be able to carry a tune and keep a note but that does not make them musicians in any true sense of that word. It is a sad state of affairs in the land of corporate "musical" reality TV America. Sad indeed.

I appreciate when this troublesome issue comes up though, I think a lot of people don't see how bad it is getting for artists..real artists with real talent that is.

My name's Joe!

I'm the CEO

I'm the man, who makes the big wheels rooooll!

07-30-03 10:25 PM
full moon As Joey would say" I am shitting liquid"........
07-30-03 11:08 PM
BILL PERKS THIS SUCKS BUTTHEAD..........I AM FOR ONCE SPEECHLESS
07-30-03 11:24 PM
The Wick Luxury1, please give me a break. Are you being serious with that stuff about that tosser Timberlake? It has nothing to do with him being pop, he is just utter garbage. The other names mentioned earlier, though slightly embarrasing, do not even come close to this. Can you have imagined the Stones inviting New Kids on the Block to join them for Steel Wheels? What is the difference here? It is just shocking. Don't get me wrong because I am a die hard, or should I say was (because this might be the one thing that a true fan cannot forgive), and I defended the Stones to the second I found out that that wanker might show up on stage with them. Steel Wheels, Voodoo, and Bridges wipe the floor with any album of the last 15 years, but this is just horrifying.
07-30-03 11:27 PM
full moon Luxury, get some help. I will pray for you.
07-30-03 11:37 PM
The Wick I know people might accuse me of being melodramatic, but the sad and terrible truth is that today, not the day Brian Jones died, or the day Mick Taylor left, or the day Ian Stewart died, or the day Bill Wyman left, is the day that the true Rolling Stones died. It truly is a sad day and this is just unforgivable. How do we respond when somebody refers to mediocre music like Led Zeppelin, The Doors, and Pink Floyd as being the best. I won't include the Beatles in that group but even they can only finish second to the Stones. What the hell are we supposed to say when people say, well none of those bands sung with Justin Timberlake. The Stones dropped from greatness to being in the same boat as Aerosmith- it is just horrifying.
07-30-03 11:39 PM
sirmoonie I think the only thing all of us can do for now is pray for our Stonesian bretheren that had the misfortune of witnessing this fucking spectacle.

Maybe the morning will bring some perspective to what has happened, but I can't help but agree with those who are saying it is finally over for the Rolling Stones. What a needless rock and roll travesty.
07-30-03 11:45 PM
full moon Amen Sirmoonie.. This is a friigng piece of shit joke isn't it???????????*&*%$#@**
07-31-03 12:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot It didn't happen. Not really. It was just a rumor that got out of hand.

The video of Justin on stage with the Stones...faked.

The audio of Justin with the Stones...faked.

The photos of Justin with the Stones...faked.

Computer technology allows for simple manipulation of audio, video, and still photos. This is just a nasty prank someone played on us.

It didn't really happen. Never happened. Keep saying it.
07-31-03 01:00 AM
parmeda Ya know...
If they had offered this on Pay-Per-View, and I had paid for it...I truly believe I would be without a television right now. I'd have a heap of smashed electronics mounded in my living room.
07-31-03 01:09 AM
Sir Stonesalot No you wouldn't...because it never happened.
07-31-03 01:11 AM
parmeda yeah...I must have had a brain-fart or somethin'
07-31-03 01:28 AM
parmeda Hey SS...
Would it have really sent you over the edge if the rumors were true about U2 coming out at the end of the show?

Just wondering...
07-31-03 01:45 AM
gypsy God, I love this thread...Maxy's dog-humping...lesbian movies starring me and FG...Mrs. Martha Menstrualcramp...all the bases are covered here.
I'm shocked by this whole Justin thing...hell, I was shocked when I read last week that he was doing Cameron Diaz.
07-31-03 02:00 AM
Sir Stonesalot So...uhhhhh...you likey the movie idea?

Babe, with my talent and vision, and your obviously talented charms...I can make you an internet SUPERSTAR!!!

And all I want is 20%!!

What a deal!

And you know I love ya, so I'd NEVER get you into a bad situation or anything.

NO DOGS OR HORSES!! I promise.

With you, FG, and Mrs. Mellencougar in my talent pool...well hell, P Diddy won't have NOTHIN' on me! We would kick his sorry ass!

PS...the Justin thingy with the Stones was just a rumor...it didn't actually happen...it's all just computer generated fakery.
07-31-03 02:19 AM
gypsy I knew it all along...
07-31-03 04:50 AM
Jumacfly must we consider this JT bullshit as a big event, the stones dead??
i m not sure, don t forget it was a charity show, not a stones show!! i can t imagine that guy on stage with the boys no no no!! mick and keith (and chuck too eggie!) know that!! there is too much respect from keith to the fans....he may be an old wrinkled guy, he can stil make a difference between puppets like JT and real musicians like Buddy Guy or AC DC...

anyway where can i order this lesbo chef d oeuvre ????
07-31-03 05:15 AM
steel driving hammer All this fury saying the Stones are now finished is complete rubbish.

Because there's nothing you can do about it.

Yes Justin played with the Stones, live with it.

07-31-03 05:31 AM
Jumacfly i totally agree with you steelie...anyway nice avatar, is it a picture of the urban jungle??
07-31-03 05:59 AM
steel driving hammer I'm not even sure if it's a Tiger or a Leopard, just found it on the web, stole it, like it.

Don't worry Gypsy, for every broadcast there is a rebroadcast.

07-31-03 06:07 AM
Jumacfly Steelie, i just had Brigitte Bardot on the phone, she confirmed your avatar is a leopard!!
thank you brigitte, thank you lord!
07-31-03 06:17 AM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:

Yes Justin played with the Stones, live with it.

agreed steelie, hell they played with (and you'll pardon the expression) elton john in '75 - and that was a bona fide stones show - and both they and us seemed to have survived what was an extreme "crisis of faith"
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8