ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guest duet with Mick tonight is... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
08-02-03 03:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot >I bet ain't one of them has lost any sleep over this.<

I'm sure that is very true. And I find that a little disturbing. They SHOULD be VERY disturbed by it.

But they aren't, and that is the whole gist of the problem.

I know it's not my band, and I know they don't give a fuck what I think. That still doesn't mean that I have to like them humiliating themselves in front of 450,000 people. If they won't be ashamed for themselves, I'll be ashamed for them.
08-02-03 03:17 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
And for a ROCK band like the Stones to lend any kind of credibility to that fuckwit is just poor, and insulting to anyone with a modicum of good taste.

....place...it was a great run...goodbye.
[Edited by Mother baby]
08-02-03 03:17 PM
gypsy I thought the whole event was for SARS...a charity thing. I don't like Timberlake either...he's a dork...a manufactured dork at that. But, I'm not going to bitch about the Stones being sell-outs. Just forget about it, and focus on all of the GOOD music the Stones have cranked out over the years.
08-02-03 03:19 PM
nankerphelge Maybe it was all an experiment in testicle growth!

Maybe they were trying to determine whether they could grow balls on Justin while simultaneously shrinking those of the fans that watched!

Just a theory....

08-02-03 03:20 PM
sirmoonie I hope you are right, throbby. I hope I am lacking perspective.

This picture, however, is the Stones equivalent of those pics of Elvis sweating, fat, doped up, sucking piss on a trashy Vegas nightclub stage. Its not easily forgotten.

Mick: "Now give some silly hand signal and say 'We love you Toronto!'"

Justin: "Gotcha, Mickey! Say maybe we can get together and jam some tunes out tomorrow? I think my orthodontist appointment is over at 10."
08-02-03 03:22 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Well find yourself another rock n roll band to worship.<

Uhhhhhh.....no.

>goodbye. <

Now THAT is the best thing I've seen you post in 2 years MB.
08-02-03 03:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Just forget about it, and focus on all of the GOOD music the Stones have cranked out over the years.<

See that, in and of itself, is really sad. The Rolling Stones are STILL a going concern. We shouldn't HAVE to focus on the past. I think they are still capable of greatness.

But they fall WAY short of "great" when they get involved with assclowns like Timberlake.

And that makes me sad.
08-02-03 03:27 PM
throbby Sirmoonie, just ask SS if the Stones were the equivalent of an Elvis act at Roseland. I know he was there. The Stones can bring the house down like no other, and I'm talking Stones circa 2003.
08-02-03 03:28 PM
gypsy There is just no pleasing you, is there?
08-02-03 03:30 PM
Mother baby
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Now THAT is the best thing I've seen you post in 2 years MB.

lol. yeah but I didn't mean it..it's all bread and circus's anyway.
08-02-03 03:31 PM
sirmoonie SS, how was that Rosie show?
08-02-03 03:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Hey man, it was pretty Goddamn great.

What did you think of it moonie? I seem to recall that you had a nearly identical view as me.

Justin Timberlake wasn't there was he? I don't remember seeing him.

And I'm DAMN glad I didn't have to HEAR him!
08-02-03 03:44 PM
sirmoonie Wait, is this true? They actually sang bits of "Justin's" song?

Yeah, lets archive that right in between Keys to the Highway and Mannish Boy on the list of cover tunes they've done on stage.

Christ, that is so fucking lame its disgusting.

And to think some of you were pissing and moaning about Love Train.

"What dey do? Dey smile in your face...Ronnie!"
08-02-03 03:44 PM
throbby Good! Then you both saw what I did. Thinking about that show makes this thread look ridiculous.
08-02-03 03:49 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I thought the whole event was for SARS...a charity thing. I don't like Timberlake either...he's a dork...a manufactured dork at that. But, I'm not going to bitch about the Stones being sell-outs. Just forget about it, and focus on all of the GOOD music the Stones have cranked out over the years.

Gypsy, I agree with you completely, but the RO boys are obviously just too upset to get over this anytime soon!!

I guess we women are more forgiving. Like I said earlier, it wasn't a pleasant sight, but I didn't feel like hanging myself either.

Boys...I'm really concerned that you're getting your collective blood pressures to a near stroke state. Everybody take a deep breath, put on your favorite Stones album an get a glass of your favorite alcoholic beverage.

LadyJ.

LadyJ.
08-02-03 03:50 PM
Sir Stonesalot >Good! Then you both saw what I did. Thinking about that show makes this thread look ridiculous.<

Not at all, it makes it all the more SAD.

That the band we saw at Roseland could stoop so low as to let Justin Timberlake in the same COUNTRY as them, let alone on the same stage, and let alone incorporating Justin's latest "song" into a Stones tune makes me a very sad knight.

So sad that I think I need to go eat me a passle of babyback ribs. That always cheers me up.
[Edited by Sir Stonesalot]
08-02-03 03:50 PM
throbby LadyJane wrote:

Boys...I'm really concerned that you're getting your collective blood pressures to a near stroke state. Everybody take a deep breath, put on your favorite Stones album an get a glass of your favorite alcoholic beverage.

Hey! Didn't I say that already?
08-02-03 03:54 PM
LadyJane Maybe you did, Throbby, but it's well worth repeating!!

Life's too damn short. Quit sweating the small stuff.

LadyJ.
08-02-03 03:55 PM
Sir Stonesalot I say do whatever works for you.

If telling yourself that it is no big deal works for you, then have at it.

That doesn't work for me. I tried. I insisted that it never happened...all computer fakery. But I just can't fluff it off. It sucks too much.
08-02-03 03:57 PM
sirmoonie Nope, thinking about that show, makes putting Justin Timberlake on stage a year later look ridiculous, among other adjectives (e.g., pathetic, obscene, demented, etc.).

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that millions of years from now, when the sun burns out and life as we know it on the planet earth ends, the only band to ever cover Justin Timberlake will be the Rolling Stones.

Hope this helps.

08-02-03 04:00 PM
Sir Stonesalot I have to poop.
08-02-03 04:06 PM
Factory Girl No, The Stones don't give a hoot about Justin. Then why have him on??? Pure B/S, and no regard to their legacy or their fans.

08-02-03 04:12 PM
sirmoonie FG, come to Joe.....sirmoonie.

Hey, you think the Spice Girls might get up and trade some Dice licks with Keith for the remaining Euro club shows?
08-02-03 04:13 PM
luxury1 SS--you claim they didnt do it for shock value, and man, you seem shocked as all get out--even talked yourself out of it ever happening!! THe boys in the band are laughing at us.
08-02-03 04:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot No I'm not shocked. I'm sad. I'm frustrated. I'm embarrassed. I'm ashamed.

It says a lot that this isn't really shocking or surprising though.

I knew thgat they had sold themselves down the river....I just didn't think it was that FAR down the river.
08-02-03 04:31 PM
throbby luxury1 wrote:
THe boys in the band are laughing at us.

Yes, they most certainly are.
08-02-03 04:33 PM
Sir Stonesalot No they aren't.

We don't even exist to them.

And Justingate is proof of it.

The only thing that exists to them is our wallets.
08-02-03 04:36 PM
throbby Hence the punk movement of the seventies. You can play a little guitar, right? I say go for it.
08-02-03 04:37 PM
Mother baby
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
THe boys in the band are laughing at us.

So true.
08-02-03 04:41 PM
Miss U. Jagger's daughters like Timberlake.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8