ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Mumbai - April 2003
With very special thanks to our new member Navin from Bangalare, India

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPAŅOL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Guest duet with Mick tonight is... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
08-02-03 04:45 PM
sirmoonie Jagger likes Justin Timberlake. He sang a song that someone wrote for Justin on stage in front of 450,000 people. Mick doesn't do that for just anyone, you know.
08-02-03 05:00 PM
Boomy Yeah, they are laughing at us. Like they give a shit what we think. They don't even know that we think because they don't know that we exist!!!!!

Keith:"Hey Mick, did you see what that guy at Rocks Off said about us and Timberlake?"

Mick: "Yeah, ha ha. They are so funny, that I'm laughing at them."

-----------------------------------------------------

Mick and Keith, if you are reading this, and I know you aren't, please release a new album so you actually don't resemble a nostalgia act that you say you aren't!!

It was great to release Forty Licks. I applauded it, but quit living a lie! You need new material, guys. Work off of that great gem "Don't STop" and continue it.

Hey Mick, remember when you, me, and Rickey Henderson used to go to the clubs? Holy Shit. Rickey had it workin, didn't he? He was all "Rickey can do this", "Rickey ain't got time for that pu$$Y", and he was all "Rickey need some a$$!"

----------------------------------------------------------

Let me tell you something about beavers: #)@%(*#)@(%*)@#(*%)(@#*%*)@#(*%)#(@*%)(@#)%@)#(%)(\\

08-02-03 08:01 PM
gypsy It's not the end of the fucking world, guys. It's not good for your health to get so upset.
LJ, I think that it is true that women are far more forgiving than men...men tend to hold a grudge.
08-02-03 08:16 PM
Boomy Yes, we must get over it and boycott the current Rolling Stones!!!

Just kiddin'.

But seriously, everyone must get laid.
08-02-03 08:18 PM
Mother baby
quote:
gypsy wrote:
LJ, I think that it is true that women are far more forgiving than men...men tend to hold a grudge.

Really, you wouldn't know it by me. I can't hold a grudge longer than 30 seconds.
08-02-03 09:15 PM
telecaster Both Sirs are correct on this one. SS and Sirmoonie

It is painfull to say

Folks, Justin ain't Rock N Roll. Period. And it ain't fun
It was painful

SS said the Stones are/were sacred. He is correct. They were at a level that was untouchable and well deserved.

They blew it all

For Keith to high five (the hand of God)this piece of pop shit is unforgivable

Keith incoherant at the news conference, no guitars to be heard at the show, the JT episode

It is like when your grandparents step on the gas instead of the brake and cause an accident. Time is up.
Someone needs to call a spade a spade

This is "New Coke" times 10

And the sick part there was no reason in the world for it

08-02-03 10:21 PM
mandrack I completely agree with SS and Sirmoonie.
Btw, I felt the same few years ago when Mick and Keith made IORR benefit version-which included Spice Girls. Mick did a rap part in Anybody seen my baby.
I have a friend- big fan, who just couldn't get over it, and kept saying-Fuck, how will people look at me-they are singing with Spice girls. This is shame.ANd not my band any more.
And whole Justin thing is just another in the row.
Look the merchandise they started to sell. And they are doing marketing at every concert-wearing t-shirts etc. They became like McDonalds-just for different target group.
The saddest thing is what will come next.
And I am sure they will continue with this kind of stuff.
They started tour without new album-last one 6 years ago.
They are getting older and need more money.
And making last atempts to get it. And will continue.
And that is not a tragedy-just try to look from that point of view-because they are not the band they used to be.
It's much easier for the mind.

[Edited by mandrack]
08-03-03 07:21 AM
luxury1 Boomy-- I must disagree with you--I know for a fact that they do read "some" of this stuff on Stones boards. It is natural curiosity to see what is being said about them.--not as much as an "I dont give a fuck what anyone thinks of me" attitude as you might think. People within the "camp" have told me so.
You never know,-- so make sure you list your phone number in your next post in case Mick or Keith want to ring you up.
08-03-03 09:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot My email addy is in my profile. If they have a problem with what I say on this board, they can e me, arrange a meeting, and discuss it over Gin and Tonics.

You think I wouldn't tell them how I feel to their faces?

Honey, I OWE them the truth as I see it.

Oh, and if they really do read this shit....Charlie, drop me a line, I'd love to show you around the Gettysburg Battlefield.
08-04-03 12:07 AM
lonecrapshooter I am firmly in the Sirstonesalot and Sirmoonie camp on this. This act was abominable and to think otherwise is just sugarcoating and foolish rationalization. There is no way to sugarcoat this because that fuck is a talentless fraud no matter how many fans he has. Also, my wife (a diehard fan) is a woman in this camp. She said she's going to hate "Mick for awhile" That pretty much sums it up for me. I will still bust my ass to see them again, but this is a black mark IMO. The good new is that they have reached the nadir with this one so it can't possibly get any worse!
08-04-03 12:14 PM
sirmoonie I'm still reeling from this Timberlake thing, although late last night, I was able to keep some solid foods down and move from my sick bed to the couch for awhile. The doctor says I may even regain my balance in a few weeks. She's hopeful that in time, with a lot of support and rehabilitation, I may be able to again lead a normal Stonesian life.

Pray for me.
08-04-03 05:16 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
My email addy is in my profile. If they have a problem with what I say on this board, they can e me, arrange a meeting, and discuss it over Gin and Tonics.

You think I wouldn't tell them how I feel to their faces?

Honey, I OWE them the truth as I see it.

Oh, and if they really do read this shit....Charlie, drop me a line, I'd love to show you around the Gettysburg Battlefield.

My goodness. Are you the same Good & True Sir Stonesalot who had the debate with me a while back indicating that you didn't think that we as mere mortal men have any real rights to tell the Stones what we think they should do or not?

Welcome to the dark side.

08-04-03 06:06 PM
Maxlugar You beat me to it Nasty!

Like the new Avatar?
08-04-03 06:10 PM
Sir Stonesalot When did I ever tell them what to do?

I explained how I, me, myself, feel about this. I never said that they should or shouldn't do anything. In fact, I believe that in one post on this thread I said that I know it isn't MY band, and that they are under no obligation to listen to me.

Besides, they already DID it. This whole thing is just simply my reaction to something that already happened. It's a whole different ball of wax than what you and I so eloquently debated.

If they WERE to contact me though, and they called me on the carpet for my statements during this or any other thread, I would, could, and should be honest with how I feel. No?

I would never have the gall to ORDER them to do anything. But this one is a pretty obvious fuck up. Anyone could see what a bad move this was.

In the end though, it's the Stones themselves that have to look at themselves in the mirror. If they can do that with no regret or remorse...then fine. But that still doesn't mean I have to like it.
08-04-03 06:39 PM
telecaster It was no fuck up SS as it never happened. It was all a bad dream I had last week after an exceptionally large and hot Mexican dinner washed down with some really cheap booze which caused this nightmare to occur

It never happened
08-04-03 07:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot I thought maybe it was a terrible LSD flashback hallucination.

Or maybe computer fakery.

I'm glad it never happened.

That would have sucked.
08-04-03 07:29 PM
gypsy Computer fakery...that's what it was.
08-05-03 09:46 AM
Nasty Habits
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
You beat me to it Nasty!

Like the new Avatar?

It looks like the Jolly Teen Giant Rapes the Snuffaluffagus.

You just stay away from my monkeys, you!

08-05-03 11:13 AM
sirmoonie Where's the outrage?!?!

This board = The Death of Outrage. Outrage o' death.

Feeling luckie, muthafuckie!
08-05-03 03:16 PM
Nasty Habits Hey, for Whoopi Goldberg I was outraged.

For Mick's 1989 "Tumbling Dice" archer dance, I was outraged.

For the dance mixes of "Saint of Me", I was outraged.

For No Security ticket prices I was outraged.

For the fan club I was outraged.

For the ticket preorder I was outraged.

For the knighthood I was outraged.

For Keith talking shit while playing like shit I was outraged.

For pretending like the club gig thing was going to be a major part of the tour when they were obviously lying (and only played one club (plus 5 THEATERS) in the North Americas), I was outraged.

For $300 ticket prices, VIP golden circle, etc. I was outraged.

Believe me, you can still love these dudes in the face of outrage. Been doing it for years.

But I won't yell as it goes to hell. I'm out of rage.
08-05-03 03:28 PM
jb I am outraged too Moonie and totally humiliated ....>:
08-05-03 08:01 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ahhhh.

I don't care anymore.

I bought a new guitar, a new stomp box, and a ticket to see the Sex Pistols in a club.

I feel better.

Pissin' away money on cool stuff always makes me feel better.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8