ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Syria and Lebanon a bad fright... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
20th July 2006 12:01 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

Yes - and who is supplying the fuel for this insanity? Think about it.

Are you serious?...you think it's the jews?...or America?...My God!...they have been doing this for years upon years...to one another...to others...and that is the fault of western civilization?...some peoples have progressed beyond these practices...they have not...and that is largely due to their religion...If your point is that Islam is incompatible with western civilization then I agree...but it is hardly western civilization's fault that they (muslims) are unable to tolerate it (western civilization)
20th July 2006 12:01 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
As much as I applaud the lesson on the semantics of semitism, I think we all know what is meant by the term "anti-semite" as it is used today...If anyone prefers I substitute the term "jew-hater" for anti-semite let me know...I prefer to keep things simple

I think there are several jew-haters on this board...I would like to know what their hatred is rooted in...seriously

There is a difference between Jewish people and Zionist nazis.

capiche?
20th July 2006 12:02 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:

There is a difference between Jewish people and Zionist nazis.

capiche?

Yes...which is why I posted the response I did...thought that would clear things up
20th July 2006 12:04 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Are you serious?...you think it's the jews?...or America?...My God!...they have been doing this for years upon years...to one another...to others...and that is the fault of western civilization?...some peoples have progressed beyond these practices...they have not...and that is largely due to their religion...If your point is that Islam is incompatible with western civilization then I agree...but it is hardly western civilization's fault that they (muslims) are unable to tolerate it (western civilization)

Imagine yourself not being born into the guy who has the luxury of posting man boobs avatars on a Rolling Stones message board - but as a woman born into that culture.

There are many responsible. It's a slippery slope of slime.

20th July 2006 12:12 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:

Imagine yourself not being born into the guy who has the luxury of posting man boobs avatars on a Rolling Stones message board - but as a woman born into that culture.

There are many responsible. It's a slippery slope of slime.

Imagine yourself exercising free speech, on religious topics, in the center of any muslim city...and imagine the treatment you would receive were you to take a minority view...imagine that

I really think you are confusing the immediate cause of mid-east tension (Israel and America) with what is the ultimate cause (the incompatibility of Islam with western civilization)...there are NOT many responsible...many people died and fought for the basic rights you enjoy as a participant in western civilization...this has included several rejections of islamic culture in the past...there is very little worth defending within the culture of "Islam"...you may not wish to see this as a cultural war...and that is your choice...but I will tell you that there are many muslims who do see it that way...and simply put, they would slice your head off if given the chance...ignore that fact if you wish...I'm not going to do that
20th July 2006 12:16 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

Imagine yourself exercising free speech, on religious topics, in the center of any muslim city...and imagine the treatment you would receive were you to take a minority view...imagine that

I really think you are confusing the immediate cause of mid-east tension (Israel and America) with what is the ultimate cause (the incompatibility of Islam with western civilization)...there are NOT many responsible...many people died and fought for the basic rights you enjoy as a participant in western civilization...this has included several rejections of islamic culture in the past...there is very little worth defending within the culture of "Islam"...you may not wish to see this as a cultural war...and that is your choice...but I will tell you that there are many muslims who do see it that way...and simply put, they would slice your head off if given the chance...ignore that fact if you wish...I'm not going to do that

I think we agree and you have not noticed...

20th July 2006 12:22 PM
Fiji Joe I think all that muslim women need is a good and respectful dicking...with foreplay and whatnot...and maybe dinner afterwards...something to make them feel pretty...and wanted

20th July 2006 12:35 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
I think all that muslim women need is a good and respectful dicking...with foreplay and whatnot...and maybe dinner afterwards...something to make them feel pretty...and wanted

Dinner should come first...

But actually - you are a bit right here. They are emotionally abused by their system.

Israeli and American Jewish Zionist zealots who move in are just as guilty by setting reactionary oppression in motion. Greedy fucks. They need to take their eyes out of their navels and their mirrors.

20th July 2006 12:57 PM
Starbuck i think what it all boils down to is this simple fact: both sides are inherently wrong. the islamic fundamentalists are wrong to behead innocents and launch rockets into civilian areas, and the israelis are wrong to bomb the hell out of a country and destroy its infrastructure and kill hundreds upon hundreds of innocent civilians to root out a terrorist group. in this case the ends do not justify the means.

i think you are missing one important factor that drives islamic fundamentalism, feej: poverty. i visited gaza in 94 and 00 and saw how those people lived firsthand. four generations in a shack the size of josh's third bathroom (except the shack wasn't tiled with a hot tub and the "spice" channel piped in to a plasma TV above the sink). i was sickened. i was embarrassed for my country for having supported israel for so long. these were people without jobs, without three square a day, without a country for god's sake. this is not to support the cutting off of people's heads with a dull spork, but it sure as hell gives insight as to how people head down that track.

no, the fundamentalists are subhumans, that is for sure. but the israelis are too, because they created the conditions that bred fundamentalism. they bear an equal share of the blame.
20th July 2006 12:59 PM
Starbuck oh yes, and lambie...congrats on your 950th post.
20th July 2006 01:00 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i think what it all boils down to is this simple fact: both sides are inherently wrong. the islamic fundamentalists are wrong to behead innocents and launch rockets into civilian areas, and the israelis are wrong to bomb the hell out of a country and destroy its infrastructure and kill hundreds upon hundreds of innocent civilians to root out a terrorist group. in this case the ends do not justify the means.

i think you are missing one important factor that drives islamic fundamentalism, feej: poverty. i visited gaza in 94 and 00 and saw how those people lived firsthand. four generations in a shack the size of josh's third bathroom (except the shack wasn't tiled with a hot tub and the "spice" channel piped in to a plasma TV above the sink). i was sickened. i was embarrassed for my country for having supported israel for so long. these were people without jobs, without three square a day, without a country for god's sake. this is not to support the cutting off of people's heads with a dull spork, but it sure as hell gives insight as to how people head down that track.

no, the fundamentalists are subhumans, that is for sure. but the israelis are too, because they created the conditions that bred fundamentalism. they bear an equal share of the blame.

interesting post.
20th July 2006 01:09 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
i think what it all boils down to is this simple fact: both sides are inherently wrong. the islamic fundamentalists are wrong to behead innocents and launch rockets into civilian areas, and the israelis are wrong to bomb the hell out of a country and destroy its infrastructure and kill hundreds upon hundreds of innocent civilians to root out a terrorist group. in this case the ends do not justify the means.

Excellent post, my level headed Liberal friend!!

Not a black and white issue. Are they ever???

LJ.

20th July 2006 01:09 PM
Your Cousin Lou I once dated an Israeli girl, who was all hippied out and always talked about how all she wanted was peace in the world, unless someone engaged her on the topic of Palestine, and then she woould say that palestinians were like animals and not human beings. Kind of ironic. Anyway, it's kind of too bad that the US couldn't be bothered to provide more support to the Lebanese Government once Syria puled out, so as to actually enable them to root out Hezbollah on their own. Bombing the shit out of Lebanon's civilian infrastructure will not be helpful, just as it has not been helpful in Gaza & the West Bank.
20th July 2006 01:10 PM
Starbuck i am to please.

feej opens for the dixie chicks, circa may 2004:
20th July 2006 01:13 PM
Starbuck joshie!

(how many refugee camps have you visited???)

20th July 2006 01:14 PM
Starbuck joshie!

(how many posts have you deleted? six milliion?)

OH THE HUMANITY!!
20th July 2006 01:22 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
joshie!

(how many posts have you deleted? six milliion?)

OH THE HUMANITY!!

ha!

Do the deleted posts still show up in his totals?

20th July 2006 01:26 PM
not bound to please
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Excellent post, my level headed Liberal friend!!

Not a black and white issue. Are they ever???

LJ.

20th July 2006 01:27 PM
Starbuck of course they show up in his posts!

i swear, its post inflation! sickening, i tells you!

his post count is juiced!

[Edited by Starbuck]
20th July 2006 01:33 PM
Starbuck no one is questioning the jews' right to be in the land of israel...at least no one on this board.

however, if israel spent its money building up the infrastructure of the palestinians and not bombing the hell out of lebanon, they would have an easier go of things. every bomb dropped on beirut is a hamas/hezbollah recruiting wet dream.
20th July 2006 01:37 PM
Starbuck joshie!

[6,000,001]

20th July 2006 01:40 PM
not bound to please
quote:
Starbuck wrote:
joshie!

[6,000,001]

He posted that many times?

20th July 2006 01:46 PM
Starbuck he's deleted that many posts!

and no, joshie, i don't deal in hamsters. try the MB at wwww.richardgere.com.
20th July 2006 02:24 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Starbuck wrote:

So this all boils down to poverty?...is that it?...Have you ever been to India Starbuck?...Those folks living large?...How about the Christian areas of Africa?...been there?...How they living?...What is the state of fundamentalism in those areas?...What is the state of fundamentalism in the Appalachins?...What is the state of fundamentalism on the east side of your town?

One has to wonder how these poverty-stricken fundamentalists are coming up with the cash to purchase 13,000 Iranian and Chinese missiles..I mean it's odd with them being ass-broke and whatnot...what gives?

Economic status is not, amongst civilized people, an excuse to declare that people of a certain religion should not be allowed to exist...and THAT is the issue...you do know that Hezbolloah primary goal is the eradication of jews?...Did you know that?

There are very few groups of peoples who openly advocate the eradication other people from the face of the earth...there are even fewer of those groups who receive sponsorship from nation-states...none of them can be found in Israel...however, they can be found in Lebanon, Palestine, Syria and Iran...and it is very much a matter of who started and who won't let it be...

The Ottoman Empire slaughtered millions of people in the name of Islam...they were the most wealthy civilization on the planet at the time...poverty was not an issue

On this visit to Gaza, did you ask them if they ever wondered what Arafat was doing with the billions of dollars the world community was sending Palestine?...or were you too busy being embarassed by your own skin?

I would suggest you relinquish your riches to a not yet radical muslim...call it your contribution to world peace...or have a sit down with your son and explain to him that his standard of living will not remotely approach that which you have enjoyed because you, of all the smart mother humpers to have walked the planet, have boiled this down to poverty and any funds he would receive are better used as part of a global re-distribution of wealth...in the name of world peace

Poverty?...all you have done is identify an element that allows certain segments of muslim society to become susceptible to radical teachings...there is no genius there...you would have seemed much smarter if you had just said the problem is religion

Poverty makes people susceptible to many things...but an evil world view sticks with you...even when you when the lottery (see, e.g., my Ottoman Empire reference)

You did not address my position...which is that Islam is not compatible with western civilization
20th July 2006 02:25 PM
Joey " Yes...which is why I posted the response I did...thought that would clear things up "

20th July 2006 02:52 PM
Fiji Joe The Starbuck Doctrine:

Kill a radical...give him your money

20th July 2006 02:59 PM
Your Cousin Lou
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:

So this all boils down to poverty?...is that it?...Have you ever been to India Starbuck?...Those folks living large?...How about the Christian areas of Africa?...been there?...How they living?...What is the state of fundamentalism in those areas?...What is the state of fundamentalism in the Appalachins?...What is the state of fundamentalism on the east side of your town?

India and Pakistan are fighting over Kashmir. Sudan has Christians. Ethiopia, a Christian nation, is ready to go to war with Somali militias, etc. I grew up in Appalacia, and I assure you, there is plenty of loony fundamentalism there.

quote:
Economic status is not, amongst civilized people, an excuse to declare that people of a certain religion should not be allowed to exist...and THAT is the issue...you do know that Hezbolloah primary goal is the eradication of jews?...Did you know that?

I totally agree with you here. Hezbollah needs to go the way of the dodo.

quote:
The Ottoman Empire slaughtered millions of people in the name of Islam...they were the most wealthy civilization on the planet at the time...poverty was not an issue

While the Sultan may have been rolling in dough, I don't think the average inhabitant of the Ottoman Empire had it that good. If I recall, the Ottoman Empire was pretty tolerant of Judaism and Christianity. How tolerant of Islam was Christian Europe? How tolerant of Jews was Christian Europe?

quote:
On this visit to Gaza, did you ask them if they ever wondered what Arafat was doing with the billions of dollars the world community was sending Palestine?...or were you too busy being embarassed by your own skin?

Maybe he was spending it rebuilding the infrastructure that Israel was repeatedly bombing. I never understood why whenever Hamas or Islamic Jihad carried out an attack, it was the Palestinian Police forces who got bombed.

quote:
Poverty?...all you have done is identify an element that allows certain segments of muslim society to become susceptible to radical teachings...there is no genius there...you would have seemed much smarter if you had just said the problem is religion

Poverty makes people susceptible to many things...but an evil world view sticks with you...even when you when the lottery (see, e.g., my Ottoman Empire reference)

You did not address my position...which is that Islam is not compatible with western civilization

In its current state, perhaps you are right. I hope you are wrong, but it didn't have to be this way.
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
The Starbuck Doctrine:

Kill a radical...give him your money

That is " Miracle on ICE Postin' " .

Fiji Joe He wasn't poor...but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

20th July 2006 03:04 PM
Joey
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
He wasn't poor...but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)