ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Olympiastadion, Berlin- 21st July 2006
© Johannes Eisele with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Syria and Lebanon a bad fright... Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
20th July 2006 10:08 AM
Joey

I certainly hope Israel is smart enough NOT to get bogged down in a land war in Lebanon .
20th July 2006 10:15 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

I certainly hope Israel is smart enough NOT to get bogged down in a land war in Lebanon .

I hope Israel is smart enough to relocate to Germany, with UN aproval of course.
20th July 2006 10:17 AM
not bound to please Josh - can't imagine why.

Are you going to fight on the front in WW3?
20th July 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
not bound to please wrote:

I hope Israel is smart enough to relocate to Germany, with UN aproval of course.

Oh , MY !!!!!!

You are SASSY !!!!!!

Jazzy.
20th July 2006 10:19 AM
Joey
quote:
Josh - can't imagine why.

Are you going to fight on the front in WW3?

I will stay in the rear

20th July 2006 10:22 AM
nankerphelge Joey?

20th July 2006 10:23 AM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!?!

20th July 2006 10:24 AM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

They may go in temporarily to again push the Hezbollah terrorists back so their missiles won't be in reach of Haifa and other Israeli cities. They can't let them simply go back to these positions and be re-stocked by Syria and Iran....to do so would mean that this would simply occur again in the future.

[Edited by jb]
20th July 2006 10:26 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

They may go in temporarily to again push the Hezbollah terrorists back so their missiles won't be in reach of Haifa and other Israeli cities. They cazn't let them simply go back to these positions and be restocked by Syria and Iran....to do so would mean that this would simply occur again inb the future.

Outstanding Analysis .

Well Thought Out !!! -- Well Done !!! -- Top Notch !!!

Moshe would be very proud of you today :

20th July 2006 10:42 AM
not bound to please “If I were an Arab leader, I would never sign an agreement with Israel. It is normal; we have taken their country. It is true God promised it to us, but how could that interest them? Our God is not theirs. There has been Anti - Semitism, the Nazis, Hitler, Auschwitz, but was that their fault ? They see but one thing: we have come and we have stolen their country. Why would they accept that?” Ben Gurion
20th July 2006 10:42 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
but like Hitler's nazi germany, the geocide of a people. The worls is a bit uncomfortable seeing Jews fighting back; get use to it as the jewish people will never allow anothe holocaust. Israel fights the same fight the US faces -only they have been doing it since 1948.
[Edited by jb]

They got six million of us ........ never again !

NEVER !!!!!

20th July 2006 10:43 AM
not bound to please Joey - decake yourself for now on.

namaste
20th July 2006 10:45 AM
Joey
quote:
Joey - decake yourself for now on.

namaste

Woman's be thinking too much

Joey " IKE " Turner
20th July 2006 10:50 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Joey wrote:

Woman's be thinking too much

Joey " IKE " Turner

20th July 2006 10:53 AM
Joey [quote]not bound to please wrote:

The Society for Rational Peace

" Before we had a Jewish State, when we were dispersed among the nations, we assumed that Jew hatred was a result of our not having a country of our own. Because we maintained our unique and different customs in our host countries, people related to us as aliens. It mattered not that we learned the language and contributed to the development of all the lands of our Exile. We were always outsiders.
There were some Zionist leaders who thought that this hatred could be removed with the reestablishment of an independent Jewish state. We would then become like all the other nations and no longer appear as aliens who needed to depend upon others. This line of thought has been proven untrue, because now all that hatred which was directed at the Wandering Jew, who lived without a country and benefited from others, is now directed against the Jewish independent state. "

http://peace.heebz.com/antizionism.html

20th July 2006 11:04 AM
nankerphelge Joey?
20th July 2006 11:17 AM
not bound to please

There was this bitch, Liz Bebee, who used to come into our shop and buy stuff and pawn it off to Oprah for god knows how much of a mark up. The first time she came in - she said - do you know who I am - as if that meant something. It was a running joke - much repeated. Did she know who I was? I knew who she was - oy veh already. She ended up dying of breast cancer. The last time she stoped in I thought she may have come to terms with stuff, you know - what's the meaning of life and death, why be mean to people you are jealous of, etc - but no.

So - she sees an ornate 19th century French spelter planter and says she had one also - but it didn't have as much wear to it. She died 5 days later. She couldn't help herself I guess. Had to make the rounds to insult people before she kicked it. Later - a bunch of friends were hanging around and another came in to ask if we knew she had just died. Silence. I said - but god she was a bitch. Laughter broke out and one of my friends said - glad you said that before I did.

20th July 2006 11:23 AM
not bound to please yeah right Josh - hope you don't run out of lube and kleenex.
20th July 2006 11:25 AM
pdog
quote:
May I also add - the juxtaposition is also racist and aesthetically vulgar.

How is it racist? Yuo sound like the type of person that would fit in well in Berkeley. The Fire dept. there is not allowed to have the American flag on their trucks... They had to take them off in case someone got hurt trying to tear them down...
Is it fair to say you are the type of person that screams at oppresion yet will deny someone the right to expression b/c it bothers you, even though, it's you who is bothered, despite others being okay with it? Should the rolling Stones not use the imges of women they use in concerts? Should the lyrics be changed in their sonfs the objectivy women? If you can tell me how on this board, the girls dancing are offensive, when most of us attended Stones shows that had images of a black women, with no top on walking around during Brown Sugar? If you can have your views make sense in the context of this board, the band oh how the fuck it realtes to me having to take my avatar down, I will take it down. Otherwise you are really the racist person, and the sexist person... And are in total denial, so you lash out at others as a response to your denial!
20th July 2006 11:32 AM
Fiji Joe There is no rational basis for anti-semitism these days...those that partake in it are simply doing so out of convenience...because it allows them to temporarily ignore the real problem faceing free people...and that is, that there many many muslims who would kill you if given the chance...and they care less whether or not you too hate jews

The man below is about to have his head slowly sliced off...let's not lose perspective when we're speaking of moral equivalents

20th July 2006 11:35 AM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

How is it racist? Yuo sound like the type of person that would fit in well in Berkeley. The Fire dept. there is not allowed to have the American flag on their trucks... They had to take them off in case someone got hurt trying to tear them down...
Is it fair to say you are the type of person that screams at oppresion yet will deny someone the right to expression b/c it bothers you, even though, it's you who is bothered, despite others being okay with it? Should the rolling Stones not use the imges of women they use in concerts? Should the lyrics be changed in their sonfs the objectivy women? If you can tell me how on this board, the girls dancing are offensive, when most of us attended Stones shows that had images of a black women, with no top on walking around during Brown Sugar? If you can have your views make sense in the context of this board, the band oh how the fuck it realtes to me having to take my avatar down, I will take it down. Otherwise you are really the racist person, and the sexist person... And are in total denial, so you lash out at others as a response to your denial!

You have every right to your avatar - as I have every right to deem it sexist, racist, and tacky.

namaste
20th July 2006 11:36 AM
Fiji Joe This man lost head because he was working in Saudi Arabia to support his family, at the invitation of their government, as a private contractor, to help construct vital elements of that country's infrastructure...he was from New Jersey

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
20th July 2006 11:41 AM
not bound to please Semitic
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In linguistics and ethnology, Semitic (from the Biblical name "Shem") was first used to refer to a language family of largely Middle Eastern origin, now called the Semitic languages. This family includes the ancient and modern forms of Amharic, Arabic, Aramaic, Assyrian, Akkadian, Hebrew, Maltese, Syriac, Tigrinya, etc.

As language studies are interwoven with cultural studies, the term also came to describe the extended cultures and ethnicities, as well as the history of these varied peoples as associated by close geographic and linguistic distribution. The late 19th century term "anti-Semitism" came to be used in reference specifically to anti-Jewish sentiment, further complicating the understood meaning and boundaries of the term. Such usage, as well the advent of population genetics, against which other once-useful ethnic terms show a biasing imprecision, has led to much debate about its scope and usefulness in science.

Origin
The term Semite was proposed at first to refer to the languages related to the Hebrew by Ludwig Schlözer, in Eichhorn's "Repertorium", vol. VIII (Leipzig, 1781), p. 161. Through Eichhorn the name then came into general usage (cf. his "Einleitung in das Alte Testament" (Leipzig, 1787), I, p. 45. In his "Gesch. der neuen Sprachenkunde", pt. I (Göttingen, 1807) it had already become a fixed technical term. (The Catholic Encyclopedia, Volume XIII)

The word "Semitic" is an adjective derived from Shem, one of the three sons of Noah in the Bible (Genesis 5.32, 6.10, 10.21), or more precisely from the Greek form of that name, namely Σημ (Sēm); the noun form referring to a person is Semite. The negative form of the adjective, anti-Semitic, is almost always used as a misnomer to mean "anti-Jewish" specifically.

The concept of a "Semitic" peoples is derived from Biblical accounts of the origins of the cultures known to the ancient Hebrews. Those closest to them in culture and language were generally deemed to be descended from their forefather Shem. Enemies were often said to be descendants of his cursed brother Ham. In Genesis 10:21-31 Shem is described as the father of Aram, Asshur, and others: the Biblical ancestors of the Aramaeans, Assyrians, Babylonians, Chaldeans, Sabaeans, and Hebrews, etc., all of whose languages are closely related; the language family containing them was therefore named Semitic by linguists. However, the Canaanites and Amorites also spoke a language belonging to this family, and are therefore also termed Semitic in linguistics despite being described in Genesis as sons of Ham (See Sons of Noah). Shem is also described in Genesis as the father of the Elamites and the descendants of Lud, whose languages were not Semitic.

The Proto-Semitic peoples, ancestors of the Semites in the Middle East before the break-up of the hypothesized original proto-Semitic language into various modern Semitic languages, are thought to have been originally from the Arabian Peninsula. Other theories place proto-Semitic in the Ethiopian Highlands and Eritrea.

[edit]
Language
The modern linguistic meaning of "Semitic" is therefore derived from (though not identical to) Biblical usage. In a linguistic context the Semitic languages are a subgroup of the larger Afro-Asiatic language family (according to Joseph Greenberg's widely accepted classification) and include, among others, Akkadian, the ancient language of Babylon, Amharic, the official language of Ethiopia,Tigrinya,a language in Eritrea, Arabic, the largest contemporary Semitic language, Aramaic, the mother-tongue of Jesus, Canaanite, Ge'ez, the ancient language of the Ethiopian Orthodox scriptures, Hebrew, Phoenician or Punic, and South Arabian, the ancient language of Sheba/Saba, which today includes Mehri, spoken by only tiny minorities on the southern part of the Arabian Peninsula.

Wildly successful as second languages far beyond their numbers of contemporary first-language speakers, a few Semitic languages today are the base of the sacred literature of some of the world's great religions, including Islam (Arabic), Judaism (Hebrew and Aramaic), and Orthodox Christianity (Aramaic and Ge'ez). Millions learn these as a second language (or an archaic version of their modern tongues): many Muslims learn to read and recite Classical Arabic, the language of the Qur'an, and Jews all over the world outside of Israel with other first languages speak and study Hebrew, the language of the Torah, Midrash, and other Jewish scriptures.

It should be noted that Berber, Egyptian (including Coptic), Hausa, Somali, and many other related languages within the wider area of Northern Africa and the Middle East do not belong to the Semitic group, but to the larger Afro-Asiatic language family of which the Semitic languages are also a subgroup. Other ancient and modern Middle Eastern languages — Armenian, Kurdish, Persian, Turkish, ancient Sumerian, and Nubian — do not belong to the larger Afro-Asiatic language family and are unrelated to it (or, to be more precise, possibly far more remotely related). (Note, the first three of these languages are Indo-European.)

For a complete list of Semitic and Afro-Asiatic languages, see the Ethnologue's list.

[edit]
Geography
Semitic peoples and their languages in modern and ancient historic times have covered a broad area bridging Africa, Western Asia and the Arabian Peninsula. The earliest historic (written) evidences of them are found in the Fertile Crescent, an area encompassing the Babylonian and Assyrian civilizations along the Tigris and Euphrates rivers, extending northwest into southern Asia Minor (modern Turkey) and the Levant along the eastern Mediterranean. (Today this same region is populated by Arabic speakers except for Israel, where modern Hebrew was reintroduced in the 20th century as the national language.) Early traces of Semitic speakers are found, too, in South Arabian inscriptions in Yemen and later, in Roman times, in Nabataean inscriptions from Petra (modern Jordan) south into Arabia. (Here, too, Arabic has largely won out over the original Semitic tongues.) Semitic languages and peoples are also found in the Horn of Africa, especially Eritrea and Ethiopia, the last great holdout of South Semitic languages. Later expansions of Semitic languages also spread into North Africa at two widely separated periods. The first expansion occurred with the ancient Phoenicians, the name given by the Greeks to the Canaanites, along the southern Mediterranean Sea all the way to the Atlantic Ocean (colonies which included ancient Rome's nemesis Carthage). The second, a millennium later, occurred with the expansion of the Muslim armies and Arabic in the 7th-8th centuries AD, which, at their height, controlled the Hispanic Peninsula and Sicily. Arab Muslim expansion is also responsible for modern Arabic's presence from Mauretania, on the Atlantic coast of West Africa, to the Red Sea in the northeastern corner of Africa, and its reach south along the Nile River through traditionally non-Semitic territory, as far as the northern half of Sudan, where, as the national language, non-Arab Sudanese even farther south must learn it. Semitic languages today are also spoken in Malta (where an Italian-influenced dialect of North African Arabic is spoken) and on the island of Socotra in the Indian Ocean between Yemen and Somalia, where a dying vestige of South Arabian is spoken in the form of Soqotri.

[edit]
Religion
In a religious context, the term Semitic can refer to the religions associated with the speakers of these languages: thus Judaism, Christianity and Islam are often described as "Semitic religions," though the term Abrahamic religions is more commonly used today. A truly comprehensive account of "Semitic" religions would include the polytheistic religions (such as the religions of Adad, Hadad) that flourished in the Middle East before the Abrahamic religions.

[edit]
Ethnicity and race

A stylised T and O map, depicting Asia as the home of the descendents of Shem (Sem). Africa is ascribed to Ham and Europe to JaphethIn Medieval Europe, all Asian peoples were thought of as descendents of Shem. By the nineteenth century, the term Semitic was confined to the ethnic groups who have historically spoken Semitic languages. These peoples were often considered to be a distinct race. However, some anti-Semitic racial theorists of the time argued that the Semitic peoples arose from the blurring of distinctions between previously separate races. This supposed process was referred to as Semiticization by the race-theorist Arthur de Gobineau. The notion that Semitic identity was a product of racial "confusion" was later taken up by the Nazi ideologue Alfred Rosenberg.

Modern science, in contrast, identifies an ethnic group's common physical descent through genetic research, and analysis of the Semitic peoples suggests that they share a significant common ancestry. Though no significant common mitochondrial results have been yielded, Y-chromosomal links between Near-Eastern peoples like the Palestinians, Syrians and ethnic Jews have proved fruitful, despite differences contributed from other groups (see Y-chromosomal Aaron). Although population genetics is still a young science, it seems to indicate that a significant proportion of these peoples' ancestry comes from a common Near Eastern population to which (despite the differences with the Biblical genealogy) the term Semitic has been applied.
20th July 2006 11:41 AM
Fiji Joe Nick Berg was a jew...his beheading was celebrated openly my millions of muslims...know what you defend and know what you attack

20th July 2006 11:45 AM
Fiji Joe As much as I applaud the lesson on the semantics of semitism, I think we all know what is meant by the term "anti-semite" as it is used today...If anyone prefers I substitute the term "jew-hater" for anti-semite let me know...I prefer to keep things simple

I think there are several jew-haters on this board...I would like to know what their hatred is rooted in...seriously
20th July 2006 11:46 AM
pdog
quote:

You have every right to your avatar - as I have every right to deem it sexist, racist, and tacky.

namaste

Answer my question, please , how is that so in the context of The Stones? Or do you not like the Stones b/c of their use of naked and/or sexy women? Is there a denouncement on the way?
How is it racist and sexist? Just b/c you say it is, doesn't make it so. By some of your statements, I could say you hate jews, doesn't make it so, or do you hate jews?
20th July 2006 11:47 AM
Fiji Joe Theo Van Gogh was Dutch...in Holland...when he was done in...simply because he criticised the muslim religion

20th July 2006 11:49 AM
Fiji Joe In many muslim cultures, women and children are treated as sub-human...

That ain't no way to treat a lady

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
20th July 2006 11:53 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
In many muslim cultures, women and children are treated as sub-human...

That ain't no way to treat a lady

[Edited by Fiji Joe]

Yes - and who is supplying the fuel for this insanity? Think about it.
20th July 2006 11:54 AM
not bound to please
quote:
pdog wrote:

Answer my question, please , how is that so in the context of The Stones? Or do you not like the Stones b/c of their use of naked and/or sexy women? Is there a denouncement on the way?
How is it racist and sexist? Just b/c you say it is, doesn't make it so. By some of your statements, I could say you hate jews, doesn't make it so, or do you hate jews?

I have a clue to sell you - I take paypal. Let me know.

PAX

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)