ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bombs in London Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
July 7th, 2005 07:36 AM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
I thought of that myself (the French) but seriously, BBC America just announced that it's probably al qaeda.

Certainly it is. Just for the record to all the French out there, no one would seriously believe otherwise!

You dont set off at least six bombs in short succession without a lot of planning and co-ordination going into it. Unfortunately, its been an inevitability since 9/11 and I'm only surprised its taken almost four years. There have been a few attempts foiled but of course as you and I know only too well the bastards only have to 'get lucky' once. The timing with the G8 summit happening in the UK at the minute is hardly coincidental

It sounds like a terrible thing to say, but once you get resigned to the fact its going to happen, you can only hope and pray the amount of people killed and injured are going to be less than you first feared as the worst case scenario for something like this is too horific to even contemplate
[Edited by Gazza]
July 7th, 2005 07:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Try and find a way of enquiring about the whereabouts of friends and family via landlines.
Mobile tarrifs are flooded with calls. Your call could be preventing someone who is stuck in the stations getting through

Good point
July 7th, 2005 07:46 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Its goes without saying that this devastation has caused hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries. However in the long run the tradegy goes much further. This will do nothing for Britains racial problems.
The Asian community (Vast in most areas of London) will definately be victimised if it is though that this is down to Al Queda.
Innocent people will be affected much further down the line than today.

Prayers for the brothers and sisters who lost their lives and loved ones today.
July 7th, 2005 07:53 AM
glencar This sounds eerily similar to what happened in Spain 2 years back. What a waste. I'm off to sleep. London will be in all our prayers.
July 7th, 2005 07:53 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BLAME THE FROGS,INDEED.I LOATHE THE FRENCH

Hi Perkie!
come and visit us !!
anyway, french have lost the olympics but we are ALL with you during those terrible hours.
take care my friends..
cheers
Ju
July 7th, 2005 07:58 AM
Zeeta 'orrible - hate to say it but I'm really glad I moved outta London a few months ago - this is the sort of thing I didn't want to be around. I'd have been caught up on the tube shittin it...anyway my thoughts are with the people caught up in this.

Fuckin terrorists man
July 7th, 2005 07:58 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
BLAME THE FROGS,INDEED.I LOATHE THE FRENCH

this is from the other side of the world, not Europe....well, I guess the Brit-Yank alliance is again cemented in blood...sad, but onward....maybe another Crusade?
July 7th, 2005 08:08 AM
Honky Tonk Man I work in Central London. I'm currently off work at the moment. I'm just glad I'm not there. The place is hectic enough as it is. My girlfreind just e-mailed to say that they're not evan letting people leave the building!

Voodoo Scrounge, what's the situation at your office?
July 7th, 2005 08:11 AM
scratched I'm fucking gutted but I'm glad I took today off. Was at Liverpool St Station yesterday. It's all beginning to sink in now. Hope you're all OK.
July 7th, 2005 08:11 AM
J.J.Flash Damn....can't say anything to relief.....I still haven't opened any internet newspaper neither turned the TV before leaving, the first thing I've done when reached the office was opening RO.....

All my thoughts and prayers with you.
July 7th, 2005 08:14 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Office is sealed. No in and no out.

Everybody is very calm, but very shocked
July 7th, 2005 08:15 AM
scope Prayers and good wishes to all in Great Britain. Being a NY'er I can feel what you all are going through right now. Glad to see everyone checking in and letting us know that you're okay.
July 7th, 2005 08:33 AM
ListenToTheLion god damned fundamentalistic islam fuckers!
[Edited by ListenToTheLion]
July 7th, 2005 08:33 AM
Nellcote Chin Up!
We're all thinking of you.
The good in the world shall prevail...
July 7th, 2005 08:36 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Office is sealed. No in and no out.

Everybody is very calm, but very shocked

Yeah, I suppose that sounds about right.

Some of the London train stations are out of action too. It's just being reported on XFM that Victoria station is out of bounds. The only one that seems to have trains running is Padington.
July 7th, 2005 08:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Its goes without saying that this devastation has caused hundreds of deaths and thousands of injuries. However in the long run the tradegy goes much further. This will do nothing for Britains racial problems.
The Asian community (Vast in most areas of London) will definately be victimised if it is though that this is down to Al Queda.
Innocent people will be affected much further down the line than today.

Prayers for the brothers and sisters who lost their lives and loved ones today.

Hopefully that racial tension wont be as bad as you say. I think Britain's multi-cultural enough that most people are above just lumping everyone from one race into the same category.

However, maybe this might wake our stupid PC-obsessed government and judicial system up to the fact that we do have a sizeable number of clerics and activists living in our midst who have actively encouraged atrocities like today's for some time and that the rest of us shouldnt be paying taxes to house and protect the bastards. It wouldnt fucking happen in any other country on earth.
July 7th, 2005 08:39 AM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It wouldnt fucking happen in any other country on earth.

Sadly enough it happens in Holland too I can tell you.
July 7th, 2005 08:45 AM
Moonisup this is truly horrible!
July 7th, 2005 08:48 AM
Jacobesque1 I hope Blair will stand up for his country and retaliate instead of let the ultra liberal press blame him and Bush for these murders.
July 7th, 2005 09:07 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Bastards... burn in hell idiots

July 7th, 2005 09:16 AM
Irina horrific news...
it looks like nightmare...
July 7th, 2005 09:33 AM
GerryS My thoughts and prayers are with all the victims, their families and friends and with you guys in the UK. Stay strong, be safe.
July 7th, 2005 09:36 AM
Madafaka Sad, sad, news.
July 7th, 2005 09:39 AM
nankerphelge Horrible news -- hang tough London!
July 7th, 2005 10:02 AM
voodoopug
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Horrible news -- hang tough London!

I hope and pray all of my English Friends are safe, and keep a special place in my heart for the victims of this attack. Innocent mothers, fathers, children, teachers, doctors, etc all taken away from their families for no reason. Voodoo, you said it best, "Burn in hell idiots"

I am truly disgusted and heartbroken!
July 7th, 2005 10:02 AM
telecaster Thoughts and prayers for our English friends

Sadly like 9/11, I am sure people died from many other countries as well

Britain will hang tough, they always have and always will
July 7th, 2005 10:08 AM
Scottfree "I think this town is going to make it" ---KR 10/2001--NYC

"I think this town is going to make it"---Scottfree (refering to London)7/7/2005

Godspeed to all Brits....
July 7th, 2005 10:15 AM
ListenToTheLion Yeah, you don't fuck with London!
July 7th, 2005 10:21 AM
Maxlugar Have the video's of the fat, toothless arab women warbling their filthy forked tongues come in yet from the middle east?

That was what finally made me snap on 9/11.

Hang in there UK.

I'm hoping if anything comes of this it's that they have awoken a sleeping giant.

There is a muslim fanatic in London that holds rally's to preach death to the west. Is he dead yet?

Let's hope the numbers of dead are lower than most people are fearing.
July 7th, 2005 10:30 AM
Jumping Jack My prayers are with you.

"However, maybe this might wake our stupid PC-obsessed government and judicial system up to the fact that we do have a sizeable number of clerics and activists living in our midst who have actively encouraged atrocities like today's for some time and that the rest of us shouldnt be paying taxes to house and protect the bastards. It wouldnt fucking happen in any other country on earth."

It can and will happen elsewhere. Time for all civilized governments to wake up, see what's happening, and take proactive action to protect their citizens. You can't ignore these extremists any more than you could ignore the nazis. We didn't create the problem, ignoring them won't make them go away, and they cannot be negotiated or reasoned with.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)