ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bombs in London Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
July 7th, 2005 05:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Someone has blown up 3 buses

6 Tube Stations including

Moorgate
Aldwich
Liverpool Street
Russel Square
Kings Cross
Edgwarte Raod
July 7th, 2005 05:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Power surge was CAUSED by the Bomb

Its absolute carnage down here
July 7th, 2005 05:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There has been another bomb in

Tavestock Square

People are being reported dead
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
July 7th, 2005 05:53 AM
Voodoo Scrounge This has been coming for a very long time.

Its a fucking well structured attack on the city.

By the sounds of the statments made by eye witnesses on the tv, the police knew that there was a threat and they were evacuating people when the explosions went off
July 7th, 2005 05:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There are at least 90 casualties at Aldgate East ALONE

This is a day which will change history.

Im absolutely devastated

At least 20 people are dead
July 7th, 2005 06:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man Fucking hell!

Glad I'm not in London today!
July 7th, 2005 06:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Its caos. Just saw some pictures of the bus they blew up. There is no way that anybody walked away from that.

This is caos
July 7th, 2005 06:45 AM
Gazza Looks like the day we've been dreading as an inevitability for a few years has finally happened.

Can only hope its not as hideous as it seems.

Bastards
July 7th, 2005 06:47 AM
BillyBoll Not looking good.

Take care anyone who is down that way.
July 7th, 2005 06:48 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Its like a scene from a movie. Some parts of the town are like a ghost town.
They have found some more unexploded bombs with sniffer dogs.
Other parts of the town are in carnage.
High street Ken is relatively unaffected. But the whole town is being shut down.
July 7th, 2005 06:50 AM
Honky Tonk Man I was supposed to be heading towards London this afternoon. It doesn't look like it's going to be happening now. I'm sure all the London bound trains are affected too. It's just such a fucking nightmare.

I have Sky news on in the background. They're reporting on two tubes which are stuck in tunnels. I was looking forward to a night out in Leceter Square. That's not happening now
July 7th, 2005 06:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge There wont be any travelling to and from the city for a while to come.

Let it be known. This day will change history.
July 7th, 2005 06:55 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
There wont be any travelling to and from the city for a while to come.

Let it be known. This day will change history.

Try to calm down Voodoo Scrounge. I'm only reading reports as they're coming on the internet and I'm not close to a TV to see exactly what's going on, but I don't think panic would do anyone any good now.

We should just wait and see how this turns out. I'm hoping (hard as it may seem) that the number of victims won't rise more.
July 7th, 2005 06:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Listen mate. Iam very calm considering that some fuckers are blowing up my town.

I am in the city now. Its carnage. Wait for the pictures, they will take your breath away. IT IS CARNAGE.
July 7th, 2005 07:00 AM
LadyJane What horrible news to hear upon awakening.

Looks like terrorists are finally having their day.

I'm sure the US is going on major alert as well.

Our prayers are with our UK brothers and sisters.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
July 7th, 2005 07:01 AM
Monkey Woman That's horrible! I'm glad to know you're all right, VS. I'm thinking today of all the boardmembers and friends in London, all my sympathy go toward the victims and their families. Take care everybody. We knew all major capitals can be targets. NYC, Madrid, London... But when the thing happens, it's even worse than feared. And just when people were so happy about the Olympics... Damn the bastards who did it to hell and back.
July 7th, 2005 07:04 AM
Monkey Woman Major alert declared here in Paris too, just in case. All must be prepared and stand together in such a terrible hour.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 7th, 2005 07:05 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Listen mate. Iam very calm considering that some fuckers are blowing up my town.

I am in the city now. Its carnage. Wait for the pictures, they will take your breath away. IT IS CARNAGE.

I totally understand VS and I feel really horrible about what happened I'm sure it must be hell.

All I'm saying is that we should just try and be as calm as possible, and I know that's difficult, but what else can you do at this moment?
July 7th, 2005 07:13 AM
Gazza Just texted a mate of mine who works on the trains in London and he said apparently the main line trains in and out of the city are relatively unaffected - its mostly just the Tube..although I guess the knock on affect will cause a lot of disruption everywhere.

Typical English gallows humour - when I asked him if him and his girlfriend were ok his reply was "fucking frogs are bad losers..."

July 7th, 2005 07:13 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I just spoke to a guy who made his way down from one of the sites. He says there are literaly hundreds of people trapped in the tubes.
July 7th, 2005 07:16 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Overhead trains and GNER have been suspended until further notice
July 7th, 2005 07:16 AM
glencar I just heard about this on my way home from work. I'm upset & I don't even live on that continent! Best wishes to Londoners. Peace.
July 7th, 2005 07:18 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Typical English gallows humour - when I asked him if him and his girlfriend were ok his reply was "fucking frogs are bad losers..."

A good sense of humour can be a great coping mechanism... helps to keep your spirits up.

My cousin lives in London so I'm waiting to hear from her. And when I do, I've already decided to tell her the same joke.

Best wishes to everyone over there.
July 7th, 2005 07:20 AM
glencar I thought of that myself (the French) but seriously, BBC America just announced that it's probably al qaeda.
July 7th, 2005 07:21 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

In the circumstances, I love that humour! Thanks for the English bloodymindedness. If there are people who can be trusted to keep their head in that kind of situation, it must be the English. I'm listening to survivors interviewed on the radio right now and I'm impressed by their tone of cool and controlled emotion.

[Edited by Monkey Woman]
July 7th, 2005 07:21 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Try and find a way of enquiring about the whereabouts of friends and family via landlines.
Mobile tarrifs are flooded with calls. Your call could be preventing someone who is stuck in the stations getting through
July 7th, 2005 07:27 AM
BILL PERKS BLAME THE FROGS,INDEED.I LOATHE THE FRENCH
July 7th, 2005 07:28 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Lets not be doing that sort of thing now mate.

7 Bombs in London

Hunour is the last thing we need.
July 7th, 2005 07:33 AM
Monkey Woman Heard right now on radio: a group calling itself "Al Qaida in Europe" (!) said they did it. News from a German newspaper.
July 7th, 2005 07:35 AM
Voodoo Scrounge That news hasnt reached us in London yet. But it wont suprise me
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)