ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bombs in London Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
July 8th, 2005 10:11 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Anyway, let's get back to music cause I see where all this is heading, we're all going to end up arguing and finally agree to disagree - we might as well do it now.

voice of wisdom baby!
we all got our opinion, it's like that!
July 8th, 2005 10:18 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Jumacfly wrote:

where is your legendary sense of humor?? may be you throw it with your last bottle ??
poor guy!

Oh that was a joke!

Tee hee!
July 8th, 2005 10:34 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Jumacfly wrote:

where is your legendary sense of humor?? may be you throw it with your last bottle ??
poor guy!

Oh that was a joke!

Tee hee!

so.....Tee hee!!
July 8th, 2005 10:36 AM
telecaster Can my English friends tell me if this article is true.
England is paying the terrorist with the hook shown here yesterday welfare/dole and pays for his house and his 8 kids? And you are building him a $3 mill mosque for him in prison? Please tell me this article is wrong. Please:

Example 3: The warden at Belmarsh Prison, temporary quarters of Abu Hamza Al-Masri, the Islamist leader charged with crimes ranging from inciting racial hatred to murder, has plans to spend $3 million on a mosque for the prison. The facility already maintains a multi-denominational chapel. But this is unacceptable to the Muslim inmates, some of whom are suspected Al Qaeda members, because it contains crosses.

And speaking of Al-Masri, the British taxpayer has been most generous to the accused terrorist who blew off his own hand and lost an eye making a bomb. Example 4: Masri plans to sue the British government for the £200 a week in welfare he says he is owed for almost three years. This would complement the other benefits he receives. Pipes reports that al-Masri receives a rent-free £500-a-month house in which his wife and eight children live; £2 million of taxpayer funds to pay for his now-seven-year legal battle against deportation; special help in jail to bathe, dress, and eat due to his disabilities, as well as a personal nurse who visits him daily; and a new hook.

Example 5: A pizzeria in Scotland applied for a permit to place tables on the sidewalk outside its restaurant. This met with angry resistance from two Muslim charities who objected that the plan was "offensive" because alcohol would be served out of doors.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/monacharen/mc20050708.shtml

[Edited by telecaster]
July 8th, 2005 10:42 AM
nankerphelge "and a new hook!"

Well thank Allah for that.
Nothing worse than an old rusty hook!
July 8th, 2005 10:44 AM
FPM C10
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
There are plenty of countries that sponsor this brand of Islam, don't kid yourself. Saudi Arabia funded this kind of crap for years -- not until 9/11 did it start to get exposed.

Keep on apologizing for them, though.
That'll work...

July 8th, 2005 10:47 AM
Jumping Jack The government solution to all problems is to increase taxes and spend more money. This is what happens when you let others spend your money for you. The more they take the more irresponsible, unaccountable, inefficient and arrogant they become.

July 8th, 2005 11:01 AM
HellsRollingThunder We are dealing with Osama Bin Laden and his religious zealots who have their own fanatical beliefs and ideals for terrorizing the world and then they want to control it. If they were NOT all Bin Laden's cohorts then they would be fighting EACH other and not bombing innocent people they target as inferior to them. It is imperative we make every available
effort to step up whatever means we can to find anyone associated with these genocidial maniacs. Many US politicians
had strong inclinations of terrorist attacks but they felt we would
be able to stop it. No one expected two planes to destroy the WTC
and part of the Pentagon killing 7000 people.

I remember John Kennedy, Nikita Kruschev, Lenoid Breschnev(?)
Fidel Castro when he was worse than he is now and much younger and more defiant. The Cold War was fear of the USSR
trying to drop a Nuclear bomb on the US and vice versa. I can
still see Kruschev at a meeting in Moscow beating on the table with his shoe screaming "We will bury your grandchildren!"

If we could watch the USSR like we did then we should be able
to find all these terrorists somehow. All of these bombings are
a wake up call to all of us in the free world and a reality check of
the worst kind. Let us hope they catch them before it happens
to anyone else. Just my humble opinion and thoughts.

July 8th, 2005 12:39 PM
glencar
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Oh stop with the Strawmen.

At least you aint speaking German or Russian there, Frenchie.

Goddam, that's POSTING, baby! I ahven't been able to view this whole thread yet but I can see what it's turning into - the usual apologists for anyone who wants to attack the West are spewing their venom towards the USA.
July 8th, 2005 12:42 PM
glencar
quote:
glencar wrote:

Goddam, that's POSTING, baby! I haven't been able to view this whole thread yet but I can see what it's turning into - the usual apologists for anyone who wants to attack the West are spewing their venom towards the USA.

July 8th, 2005 12:44 PM
glencar And for those who think we need to "understand" these Muslim extremists & stop the cycle of violence, understand this: we do understand them & doing deals with them in the hope that they won't attack us again might be the French way but it's not the way for the rest of the West. These bastards must be stopped & the great majority of Muslims must understand that there's a better way of life. Sentencing a woman to gang rape because her 11 year old brother pissed someone off is not the way to live. A change is gonna come!
July 8th, 2005 01:00 PM
ListenToTheLion yes, but the problem is: how to stop these bastards?
July 8th, 2005 01:16 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
yes, but the problem is: how to stop these bastards?

A world wide totalitarian police super-state?

Or I suppose one could deport all Muslims from the west?

I don't think there is an answer...just more war, terrorism, and bloodshed for the next 100 years at least.
But that's what we've been doing for the last 10,000 years anyway.
July 8th, 2005 01:17 PM
glencar Well, #1 would be to stop building their mosques & feeding their 8 gaddam kids...
July 8th, 2005 01:17 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Or I suppose one could deport all Muslims from the west?

Now you're talking!
July 8th, 2005 01:21 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Now you're talking!

But that can't happen politically because the west needs their oil...for one reason.
July 8th, 2005 01:24 PM
ListenToTheLion [quote] Or I suppose one could deport all Muslims from the west? [unquote]

in that case: who is gonna clean our loos?

July 8th, 2005 01:24 PM
glencar I'm buying a hybrid. Seriously.
July 8th, 2005 01:25 PM
glencar
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:
[quote] Or I suppose one could deport all Muslims from the west? [unquote]

in that case: who is gonna clean our loos?

I wipe my own loo!
July 8th, 2005 01:34 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
glencar wrote:

I wipe my own loo!

who's gonna wipe Joey's loo?
July 8th, 2005 01:34 PM
glencar Joshy, natch!
July 8th, 2005 01:43 PM
Scot Rocks Some of these comments have been just been fuckin stupid, I actually thought people were not so extreme on here, kill the muslims, eye for an eye etc bomb this country, fuck the french, germans etc. That is the type of simplistic retarted shite you get from Fox News. These people who did this attack are a bunch of extremists from various countries around the world and through their experiences and social conditioning have became the way they are. Do you think bombing the fuck out of their countries and slaughtering more innocent people who live in abject poverty will achieve results and be morally correct? These people are no different from us, they are the exact same and the fact that thousands die each year because of famine and poverty should make us concentrate on alleviating that. If thousands of people were dying every day in our own countries, by god we would do something about it. All this military wild west talk is crap, its nothing to do with appeasment, the only people we hurt by military strikes in these poor countries are inncocent civilians, the terrorists instead recruit more people for continuing their campaign and in the end of course its the normal ordinary people who suffer in these terrorist attacks, like yesterday. While at the same time the leaders and the elites make the decisions for their own self interests and greed, it is the ordinary people who have to face the frightning and stark threat of terror.

I cant wait until the G8 Summit ends and people like George Bush have to leave, I dont want a mass murdering terrorist like him in my country staying in the lap of luxury. If It was up to me, he would join the rest of bastards that took innocent lives yesterday in prison, as they are both part of the vicious circle of terror in which benifits the few while the rest of us live in a climate of fear and terror.

PACE

July 8th, 2005 01:54 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I agree with most of what you say Scot Rocks.

The only thing is that I have no hope for a solution in our lifetimes. Maybe things will get better eventually.
July 8th, 2005 01:57 PM
glencar
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Some of these comments have been just been fuckin stupid, I actually thought people were not so extreme on here, kill the muslims, eye for an eye etc bomb this country, fuck the french, germans etc. That is the type of simplistic retarted shite you get from Fox News. These people who did this attack are a bunch of extremists from various countries around the world and through their experiences and social conditioning have became the way they are. Do you think bombing the fuck out of their countries and slaughtering more innocent people who live in abject poverty will achieve results and be morally correct? These people are no different from us, they are the exact same and the fact that thousands die each year because of famine and poverty should make us concentrate on alleviating that. If thousands of people were dying every day in our own countries, by god we would do something about it. All this military wild west talk is crap, its nothing to do with appeasment, the only people we hurt by military strikes in these poor countries are inncocent civilians, the terrorists instead recruit more people for continuing their campaign and in the end of course its the normal ordinary people who suffer in these terrorist attacks, like yesterday. While at the same time the leaders and the elites make the decisions for their own self interests and greed, it is the ordinary people who have to face the frightning and stark threat of terror.

I cant wait until the G8 Summit ends and people like George Bush have to leave, I dont want a mass murdering terrorist like him in my country staying in the lap of luxury. If It was up to me, he would join the rest of bastards that took innocent lives yesterday in prison, as they are both part of the vicious circle of terror in which benifits the few while the rest of us live in a climate of fear and terror.

PACE

If the internet was around in 1939, I'm pretty sure you'd have written the same thing back then. Some people will roll over for anything. There are several suitcase nuclear bombs out there. Good luck!
July 8th, 2005 01:59 PM
glencar Ooh, I missed your last paragraph the first time I looked at your post. It's idiotic. I know there will always an unhealthily large segment of the Euro population which thinks this way but thankfully your influence is deservedly nil.
July 8th, 2005 02:01 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
Some of these comments have been just been fuckin stupid, I actually thought people were not so extreme on here, kill the muslims, eye for an eye etc bomb this country, fuck the french, germans etc. That is the type of simplistic retarted shite you get from Fox News. ...

Thank you for a voice of sanity, Scot. Since you're not an American you can't be accused of being un-American, a charge always leveled against me.

The thing is, none of these Fox-News neocon chickenhawks seem to realize that THEY are enabling the terrorists to win.

July 8th, 2005 02:11 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Since you're not an American you can't be accused of being un-American, a charge always leveled against me.

Yeah that sucks. I don't know what they mean by "un-american". I like guys like Hackworth, General Butler, MacArthur, David Stroup, etc... you know the guys that tell the chickenhawk politicans to get fucked.
July 8th, 2005 02:11 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Scot Rocks wrote:
Some of these comments have been just been fuckin stupid, I actually thought people were not so extreme on here, kill the muslims, eye for an eye etc bomb this country, fuck the french, germans etc. That is the type of simplistic retarted shite you get from Fox News. These people who did this attack are a bunch of extremists from various countries around the world and through their experiences and social conditioning have became the way they are. Do you think bombing the fuck out of their countries and slaughtering more innocent people who live in abject poverty will achieve results and be morally correct? These people are no different from us, they are the exact same and the fact that thousands die each year because of famine and poverty should make us concentrate on alleviating that. If thousands of people were dying every day in our own countries, by god we would do something about it. All this military wild west talk is crap, its nothing to do with appeasment, the only people we hurt by military strikes in these poor countries are inncocent civilians, the terrorists instead recruit more people for continuing their campaign and in the end of course its the normal ordinary people who suffer in these terrorist attacks, like yesterday. While at the same time the leaders and the elites make the decisions for their own self interests and greed, it is the ordinary people who have to face the frightning and stark threat of terror.

Again, it's twofold:

1) Find and kill the terrorists wherever they are.

2) Transform or encourage the countries that have become breeding grounds of hopelessness and Islamic fanaticism into representative democracies.

So you've got your short term and long term goals.

I believe it's our only chance. Bush is doing a good job in this. It will be hard and messy but what other choice do we have?

You say "the fact that thousands die each year because of famine and poverty should make us concentrate on alleviating that." Tell me how you want to do that. I'm saying democracy will do that for them long term. Let's hear YOUR idea.

BTW, calling Bush a mass murdering terrorist makes you look coo coo for Coco Puffs.
July 8th, 2005 02:12 PM
Scot Rocks
quote:
glencar wrote:

If the internet was around in 1939, I'm pretty sure you'd have written the same thing back then. Some people will roll over for anything. There are several suitcase nuclear bombs out there. Good luck!

As you can see I am against facsism so that is bullshit and in fact I would have wanted to intervene in Spain and support the democratic popular front government against the facsists, perhaps a victory there would have stopped the Facsist rise. However as Franco and his army were right wing you would probably have backed them at the time, as a bulwark against communism and labeled me an enemy.
[Edited by Scot Rocks]
July 8th, 2005 02:12 PM
Jair
quote:
glencar wrote:
Ooh, I missed your last paragraph the first time I looked at your post. It's idiotic. I know there will always an unhealthily large segment of the Euro population which thinks this way but thankfully your influence is deservedly nil.

You have no idea how wrong you are, Glencar.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)