ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bombs in London Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
July 9th, 2005 09:54 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Keith & John Lennon -

Both peace loving people with different approaches to evil

Like the people on this board.

Mischaracterizing (again)...I am one warmongering/violent/buzzin'/anti-religious/gun-owning/leftist/rocker/libertarian...screw your stereotypes Tele and focus on issues will you?!?!
July 9th, 2005 10:01 AM
Maxlugar Once again I would like to express my confusion over why "Max's Board" is constantly refered to as a place where we all joke about nuking different countries as if it is some kind of hate shack.

Regulars such as Main Motels, SS, Pdog, LadyJane and Sherat I'm sure are giving up a collective "Huh?" about THAT one.

MACKY!!!
July 9th, 2005 10:10 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Once again I would like to express my confusion over why "Max's Board" is constantly refered to as a place where we all joke about nuking different countries as if it is some kind of hate shack.

Regulars such as Main Motels, SS, Pdog, LadyJane and Sherat I'm sure are giving up a collective "Huh?" about THAT one.

MACKY!!!

oh yes! your joke about French are hilarious!!
you and Glencar deserve a gold medal,indeed!

have a nice week end couch boyzzz!

July 9th, 2005 10:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

Well my experience has been that it's hard if not impossible to get a political discussion going over there on the politics board. And I've probably posted more political articles than anyone. Mostly anti-war and anti- Bush stuff.
July 9th, 2005 10:30 AM
FPM C10 I get tired of explaining what I did or didn't say. I didn't say everyone over there is in on the joke of which country to nuke. You and Nanky and Fiji were the only ones discussing bombing whole countries back to the stone age. Didn't really seem like a joke, and if it was, it wasn't funny, but hey, it's your board and I don't give a fuck what you talk about.

Over HERE, however, I do take serious offence to your lapdogs calling al Qaeda my "buddies". That sort of thing might be par for the course on Fox News or your board but in real life it would lead to a physical altercation. Why is that so hard to understand?
July 9th, 2005 10:50 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Over HERE, however, I do take serious offence to your lapdogs calling al Qaeda my "buddies". That sort of thing might be par for the course on Fox News or your board but in real life it would lead to a physical altercation. Why is that so hard to understand?

Well, it's not hard to understand. But I think you're letting your emotions overcome your cool...that's not a good place to be. Maybe it's not a bad day to take a deep breath and get away from the politics. It's saturday.

July 9th, 2005 10:54 AM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

oh yes! your joke about French are hilarious!!
you and Glencar deserve a gold medal,indeed!

have a nice week end couch boyzzz!

Julian, everyone makes fun of teh French. And the French make fun of Brit foods. It's a vicious cycle but I think FPM is working things out (peacefully as usual!). I love you, Ju! Or "Je T'aime!"
July 9th, 2005 10:58 AM
glencar It's nice to see FPM take a stock use of words on this board & turn it into a vicious attack on himself. Everyone is horrified. Well, except those of us who've been subjected to his hysterics previously. You know, I used to have a lot of anger towards P-dog but I think he's got the best attitude amongst us. It's not worth all this sturm und drang. It's not like anyone is going to change anyone's mind about the politics although I'm sure people's opiniuons of one of the posters has changed. LOL
July 9th, 2005 10:59 AM
glencar And P-dog, the idiots who attacked an Arab bookstore are shits. They're like FPM but from the other side and they have markers.
July 9th, 2005 10:59 AM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:

Well, it's not hard to understand. But I think you're letting your emotions overcome your cool...that's not a good place to be. Maybe it's not a bad day to take a deep breath and get away from the politics. It's saturday.

See ya! I'm outta here. Hopefully you guys can bring him back to sanity.
July 9th, 2005 11:00 AM
glencar Peace everyone!
July 9th, 2005 11:04 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Julian, everyone makes fun of teh French. And the French make fun of Brit foods. It's a vicious cycle

Oh that kind of thing goes on and on. Up here in Maine all the jokes are about Massholes.
July 9th, 2005 11:08 AM
glencar LOL We have some jokes about them too. The world's worst drivers etc...
July 9th, 2005 11:19 AM
telecaster
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
Since you're obviously too stupid to understand what I said, let me boil it down to its most basic element - your post repeatedly referred to the cowardly al Qaeda murderers as my "friends" and "buddies" , implying complicity in this week's attacks. And THAT, you asshole, is what you're going to apologize for.

I don't give a fuck about any of your rhetoric. I quit watching Fox News last fall to get away from idiots like you. But this shit is over the line, and you'll apologize or neither one of us will be posting here.

Pound sand down a rat hole FPM and keep waiting

I wish you had 1/1000th the contempt you have for Al Qaeda & Co as you do for your own country

Anyone can show me two posts where FPM says anything bad about the terrorists until he was cornered into it gets two floor tickets to the Stones on me

You join this thread without offering one word of condolence or thoughts to the victims. Your first post is some attack about Bush and people that watch Fox News instead of condeming the bombings. Then you procede to go off repeatedly on Bush and Fox News without mentioning the attacks. Speaks volumes. Blind rage. Like your fellow travelers.

At least have the decency to offer your thoughts to the victims like every other person did left, right or indifferent

Keep waiting FPM but I wouldn't hold your breath

Hey Maxy, howe many times has Pea clicked on your board this month? What was last time you checked? 1,400 in a week? He sure is interested in www.maxlugar.com/HateShack for a guy that claims he doesn't care. 1,400 views on a board he doesn't post at!

Howe bizarre
July 9th, 2005 11:20 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
LOL We have some jokes about them too. The world's worst drivers etc...

And hunters. When they come up here in the fall you'd think they were on a safari...big hats, big guns, big camps, big scopes, hire a guide service, GPS equipment, and when it's all said and done they just pay some local to shoot the deer for 'em.
July 9th, 2005 11:21 AM
glencar 1400 clicks? LOL He must have liked Reggae Week MUCH MORE than me!
July 9th, 2005 11:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Pound sand down a rat hole FPM and keep waiting

There's nothing wrong with an apology, even if you don't think you've done anything wrong.
July 9th, 2005 11:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
1400 clicks? LOL He must have liked Reggae Week MUCH MORE than me!

I hope they have Bill Wyman week. That was a suggestion.
July 9th, 2005 11:35 AM
telecaster
quote:

I hope they have Bill Wyman week. That was a suggestion.

I think it is either gypsy week or bourbon week next.

Sad thing about these bombings is the same day the G8
forgave all the African debt, pledged $50 BILLION more
and gave $3 BILLION to the Palestinians, all which went unnoticed by the press and the world

Hopefully the $3 Bill for the Palestinians is part of some deal towards a peace settlement which will calm down
some of the terrorists

Then the Stones can play in the west bank
July 9th, 2005 11:40 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Then the Stones can play in the west bank

Cool. The Stones like banks...especially big banks.
July 9th, 2005 12:12 PM
nankerphelge Wow!
More political ugliness on a Stones message board -- haven't seen that in a few minutes!!

Just as a point of clarification, I don't believe I ever said bomb an entire country back to the Stone age.

I think I just said nuke Syria, Iran, No. Korea and maybe some others. Tit for tat. And it wasn't meant to be a joke -- I have always believed that when someone strikes you, you strike back -- harder and meaner!! These terrorists like to hide in these countries and then claim that they act independently -- that it is not state sponsored. That is pure crap and these countries ought to be held accountable. If that means dropping a tactcal nuke in downtown Damascus -- so be it!

Those are rules they want to play by?
Let's fucking play!!!

July 9th, 2005 12:23 PM
JaggerLips Isn't it surprising just how quick London carried on with it's day to day life?
Just shows you how much we Brits are used to terrorism now, what with the IRA attacking Manchester a while back and the Brighton Bomb etc. Seriously what exactly was achieved? Waste of 49 lives and the rest who were pointlessley injured, some damaged forever.

Words escape me still, just what exactly were they trying to do? They haven't said why they did what they did or anything so whatever their 'cause' is they haven't done anything to further it.

WHAT WAS THE POINT????????
July 9th, 2005 12:25 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
That is pure crap and these countries ought to be held accountable. If that means dropping a tactcal nuke in downtown Damascus -- so be it!

Those are rules they want to play by?
Let's fucking play!!!

Oh, they'll be held accountable allright. If that means dropping nukes on Hiroshima and Nagaski---so be it. War is meant to fry civilian populations.

July 9th, 2005 12:29 PM
JaggerLips
quote:

Oh, they'll be held accountable allright. If that means dropping nukes on Hiroshima and Nagaski---so be it. War is meant to fry civilian populations.

WE DON'T WANT TO START WORLD WAR THREE!!!!!!!
It's bad enough with just having Iraq, Kosovo and Afghanistan on our plate ! Yes we are still in Afghanistan and Kosovo, just that they aren't deemed newsworthy enough as Iraq, we get at another country Iraq will be worth just a paragraph of newsworthiness.
Freaking shame but that's how the media works.
July 9th, 2005 02:22 PM
pdog
quote:
glencar wrote:
And P-dog, the idiots who attacked an Arab bookstore are shits. They're like FPM but from the other side and they have markers.

Yeah. I think that was the point I was making, if I was making a point at all. I prefer the pizza over books anyway!
July 9th, 2005 02:24 PM
Maxlugar [quote]FPM C10 wrote:
Over HERE, however, I do take serious offence to your lapdogs calling al Qaeda my "buddies".

Where do you get off calling someone my "lapdog"?

You are seriously losing it.

No one is my "lapdog".

July 9th, 2005 02:29 PM
pdog
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Over HERE, however, I do take serious offence to your lapdogs calling al Qaeda my "buddies".

Where do you get off calling someone my "lapdog"?

You are seriously losing it.

No one is my "lapdog".

Tele is giving away floor seats in a contest, We should do some research on this one. They are probably for Chicago. Maybe it's our destiny to make it to Chi-town.
[Edited by lapdog]
[Edited by pdog]
July 9th, 2005 02:41 PM
Hannalee I think somebody needs to put the kettle on...

July 9th, 2005 03:06 PM
Child of the Moon I'm not going to make this into any kind of political statement. All I wish is that everybody in London who was affected by the attacks is okay, and I hope that peace returns soon.
July 9th, 2005 03:32 PM
FPM C10 [quote]telecaster wrote:

"Pound sand down a rat hole FPM and keep waiting"

I didn't expect you to admit your mistake and apologize for your outrageous lies and slander. Not your style. Like asking George Bush to name ONE mistake he's made. Not manly, I guess.

Perhaps the board's moderators could render a decision here. If they view your words as within the confines of what passes for acceptable discourse here, I'll drop my grievances. Otherwise I'll be in your face every post you make until you apologize or we both get banned. I don't give a fuck. No half-witted hate-monger is going to call me a friend of al Qaeda.

"I wish you had 1/1000th the contempt you have for Al Qaeda & Co as you do for your own country"

al Qaeda is beneath contempt. NO ONE here supports them in any way. It doesn't need to be said, does it? I've noticed you never badmouth Idi Amin, so by that I assume that you support feeding Ugandans to crocodiles.

I criticize my country because I care about it, what it used to stand for in the world, the ideals it was founded upon. If we can't fight the terrorists without becoming terrorists ourselves then we've lost.

"Anyone can show me two posts where FPM says anything bad about the terrorists until he was cornered into it gets two floor tickets to the Stones on me"

I believe Nanker's suggestion of dropping tactical nuclear weapons on civilian populations falls under the general heading of terrorism. Please make sure my floor seats aren't anywhere near any fucking Republican assholes.

"You join this thread without offering one word of condolence or thoughts to the victims."

I apologize for that. Of course my condolences are offered to the victims and their families. I stayed out of the thread for a whole day because I knew it would be too easy for your side to demonize me. I was right.

"Your first post is some attack about Bush and people that watch Fox News instead of condeming the bombings."

My first post was a picture - Nanker made it a point to correctly single out Saudi Arabia as one of the leading sponsors of terrorism. I posted a picture of George Bush holding hands with the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. I was agreeing with his premise and wondering how the fuck you people sleep at night.

"Then you procede to go off repeatedly on Bush and Fox News without mentioning the attacks. Speaks volumes. Blind rage. Like your fellow travelers."

I was responding to your clueless attack on Scot Rocks. It has always been the same - when one of you Bush whackos starts spouting your shit, I will be there to offer an opposing view. I didn't enter the thread blaming Bush for the attacks in London. But obviously the dozens of casualties point to the failure of his preposterous idea that we will fight them in Iraq so the don't attack us anywhere else. How could anyone ever guess that they just don't want to play be the rules?

"At least have the decency to offer your thoughts to the victims like every other person did left, right or indifferent"

As I said, I agree. I was drawn into an argument before I stopped to say the obvious. I also didn't use the occasion to crack jokes or attack the French. But of course everybody does that, so it's ok. Right?

Fuck you and your notions of decency. No decent human being would have used this opportunity to accuse me of supporting al Qaeda.

"Hey Maxy, howe many times has Pea clicked on your board this month? What was last time you checked? 1,400 in a week? He sure is interested in www.maxlugar.com/HateShack for a guy that claims he doesn't care. 1,400 views on a board he doesn't post at!"

You people are ridiculous. The most views on any post over there today is 69. I don't think all of the views on the front page add up to 1400. Am I the only one who goes there? And exactly how does Max keep track of which computer everyone's using? Is this some Patriot Act thing? Do lies and distortions strengthen your arguments? I've never suggested that I DON'T read Max's board. It's a public forum, isn't it? Is there something wrong with me reading what my friends have to say? By "friends" I mean the sane members of the couch, the ones Max always mentions to show how fair and balanced his place is.

Your suggestion that I am in league with al Qaeda is insupportable and inexcusable. On the other hand, I could harp on all of the blood on your hands by supporting Bush's idiotic anti-terror campaign. The fact that most of the 20,000+ deaths in Iraq are not caused on purpose, but rather through bumbling, does not make the victims any less dead. And nobody talks about them anyway, presumably because they're not Christians so they don't count. But even the deaths of nearly 1500 Americans doesn't matter to you guys. "It's going to be messy," you say.

The terrorists want to destroy America. (I personally do not believe it's because they "hate our freedom", but nobody seems interested in finding out why. That wouldn't be manly.) By becoming terrorists ourselves (Nanker: "Let's play!") America is dead. By endorsing torture, and sending illegally snatched prisoners to rogue countries for "rendering", we are allowing them to win.

The terrorists want to destroy us economically. By launching an endless war with no thought of how to pay for it, we enable them to win. By clinging to our reliance to fossil fuels we give them the weapon to finish us off. Your hero is an oil man in the pocket of the Saudis. Is he REALLY the right man to lead this "crusade"?

I could make a much more convincing argument that YOU are in fact the friend of al Qaeda, but I wouldn't stoop that far.

And I have no more interest in arguing any of these points with you because you're a fucking idiot. And you can call me a fucking idiot, and say I'm gay and not manly enough to suit you, and any of the other ridiculous things you people revel in. Just apologize for the one specific inexcusable statement you made so we can get back to pretending the Stones matter anymore.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)