ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Fuck you Voodoo, will ya? Missing my birtdhay again???
Happy belated birthday Stu!
© Michael Putland
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2003 ] [ FORO EN ESPAΡOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bombs in London Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
July 7th, 2005 10:34 AM
jb Prayers and thoughts go out to our brothers and sisters in London.
July 7th, 2005 10:39 AM
scratched
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I'm hoping if anything comes of this it's that they have awoken a sleeping giant.

I hope so. I have had enough of the complacency in this country.
July 7th, 2005 10:40 AM
Lazy Bones Horrible!

Those responsible are more than 'bastards'. In fact, there's no word for cowards as this. I believe, it's only too ironic that the pain they bring to innocent people will come around - greater than they can physically imagine.

Prayers are with those killed, injured and still trapped...

July 7th, 2005 10:53 AM
Gazza The BBC has located an Islamist website that has published a 200-word statement issued by an organisation saying it carried out the London bombings.
The organisation calls itself the Secret Organisation Group of al-Qaeda [literally the base] of Jihad Organisation in Europe.

The group not previously been heard of.

The website has previously carried statements purporting to be from al-Qaeda. It is not possible to verify such claims published on the web.

This is the full text of the statement.

In the name of God, the merciful, the compassionate, may peace be upon the cheerful one and undaunted fighter, Prophet Muhammad, God's peace be upon him.

Nation of Islam and Arab nation: Rejoice for it is time to take revenge against the British Zionist Crusader government in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan. The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London. Britain is now burning with fear, terror and panic in its northern, southern, eastern, and western quarters.

We have repeatedly warned the British Government and people. We have fulfilled our promise and carried out our blessed military raid in Britain after our mujahideen exerted strenuous efforts over a long period of time to ensure the success of the raid.

We continue to warn the governments of Denmark and Italy and all the Crusader governments that they will be punished in the same way if they do not withdraw their troops from Iraq and Afghanistan. He who warns is excused.

God says: "You who believe: If ye will aid (the cause of) Allah, He will aid you, and plant your feet firmly."

WE'VE SEEN OFF WORSE THAN YOU - GO FUCK YOURSELVES!!!

July 7th, 2005 11:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
There is a muslim fanatic in London that holds rally's to preach death to the west. Is he dead yet?

Abu Hamza, you mean. Sadly, no. Although he's currently in detention awaiting possible deportation due to inciting and sponsoring terrorism - he actually came into this country on a bigamous marriage but our nonsensical judicial system being what it is, it may take several years before we kick him out and at great expense to the taxpayers too.

To make things more bizarre, get this. If any of these guys were found to be responsible for 9/11 for example, we technically couldnt deport them to the US because theyd face the death penalty there and our government wont deport people to such countries.

So, effectively by Bush's definition in his 'war on terror', we're harbouring terrorists against our main ally. You couldnt make this shit up.

This is what gets up people's noses about Blair's inconsistency when it comes to terrorism. His government's complacent policy within our own country against these people is a catastrophe waiting to happen.

what scratched said is 100% right

Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:

There is a muslim fanatic in London that holds rally's to preach death to the west. Is he dead yet?

Let's hope the numbers of dead are lower than most people are fearing.

No, he's in Belmarsh prison awaiting trial.
Rolling Hansie My thoughts and prayers go out to all the people in London who are hurt by this vicious attack
July 7th, 2005 11:08 AM
gimmekeef Take the whole fuckin Islamic Fundamentalist world and turn it into one big sheet of glass!Religion continues to be mans greatest mistake.Just a bunch of control freaks full of ways to dominate others based on fairy tales and bullshit.London we are with you today and always!!!
July 7th, 2005 11:09 AM
Mr Jimmy
quote:
Gazza wrote:

...He who warns is excused....

That sums up their logic, or lack there of.
July 7th, 2005 11:15 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

No, he's in Belmarsh prison awaiting trial.

delightful lookin' chap, ain't he?

Joke goin' around that the reason why he's blind in one eye is that one day a bird flying overhead crapped into it and he forgot himself and went to rub it out...
July 7th, 2005 11:21 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Joke goin' around that the reason why he's blind in one eye is that one day a bird flying overhead crapped into it and he forgot himself and went to rub it out...

now he looks like a rectum!
July 7th, 2005 11:24 AM
Maxlugar OooOOoooooo stand back ladies! GQ anyone?

I see he's sportin' the latest in state of the art Arab prosthetic technology.

Friggin' cavemen....

July 7th, 2005 11:42 AM
Gazza
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
OooOOoooooo stand back ladies! GQ anyone?

yeah I bet Brad Pitt's shittin' himself....

talkin' of which, when Hamza was arrested in the quarters he lived in in his mosque, the police told reporters what a rancid state the apartment was in and were saying that his er...personal hygiene left a lot to be desired.

Cant say im surprised. Must be a nightmare wiping your arse with two hooks...
July 7th, 2005 11:45 AM
time is on my side London bombs kill at least 33
'Barbaric' terror attack says PM Tony Blair

Thursday, July 7, 2005; Posted: 11:38 a.m. EDT (15:38 GMT)

The wreckage of a bombed bus in central London.
Image:

WATCH Browse/Search

Witness describes bombing at underground station(2:48)

Tony Blair: It's "reasonably clear" blasts were terror acts (2:57)

Witness describes the chaos aboard Underground(4:27)
ON CNN TV
Stay tuned to CNN and CNN International for the latest coverage of the London blasts.
SPECIAL REPORT

• London rocked by bombs
• Witnesses tell of subway horror
• Timeline: Minute-by-minute
• Gallery: Images from site
• Special ReportRELATED
• Gallery: Images from blast sites
• Interactive: Map showing stations affected

• Timeline: The attacks unfold
• Al Qaeda group claims responsibility
• World leaders condemn attacks
• Blair statement: Full text
• Major U.S. cities raise vigilance
• Full text: Mayor Livingstone's statement
• Witnesses tell of subway horror
• European stocks fall
QUICKVOTE
After Thursday's explosions in London should the G8 summit:
Go on in defiance of terrorism
Be put on hold
Be cancelled
or View Results
YOUR E-MAIL ALERTS

London
Emergency Planning
Great Britain
or Create Your Own
Manage Alerts | What Is This? LONDON, England (CNN) -- At least 33 are dead and scores wounded after a series of four "callous" and coordinated bombings in London's transport system, Scotland Yard said.

U.S. law enforcement sources say the British government has told them the death toll is at least 40.

Witnesses described the horror of seeing victims dying and with serious injuries. There were scenes of panic as power failed on crowded underground trains, and tunnels filled with smoke.

"We were all trapped like sardines waiting to die," said Angelo Power. "I honestly thought I was going to die, as did everyone else."

British Prime Minister Tony Blair said it was a "barbaric" terrorist attack as he flew back to London from the G8 summit in Scotland, which he said would go on in defiance of the bombers.

A group, the "Secret Organization group of al Qaeda Organization in Europe," claimed responsibility in a Web site posting. The authenticity of the claim could not immediately be verified.

CNN's Charles Hodson, reporting from the scene of one of the bombings, said London had ground to a halt as the subway and bus systems had been shut down by the attacks.

Police immediately began a hunt for the bombers -- thought to have operated similar to the Madrid bomb attackers of March 2004 who left explosives on trains rather than mounted suicide attacks.

The death toll was expected to rise and London hospitals reported many people in critical and serious condition.

Three of the blasts took place in the city's subway system and one more hit a double-decker bus, all at the height of rush hour.

International SOS, an international medical emergency service, reported that the police had found explosive traces in at least one of four confirmed blast locations.

Scotland Yard's Deputy Assistant Commissioner Brian Paddick told a news conference that there had been 33 deaths in the three train incidents plus an unknown number of fatalities in the bus attack.

There had been no warnings given and the police had received no claim of responsibility for the attacks, he said -- though he later added that police were aware of the Web site claim by a self-proclaimed al Qaeda-linked group and would be looking at it.

Hospital officials have reported at least 160 wounded. London transit officials shut down the entire Underground and stopped buses in the central city district.

Paddick said the first explosion had come at 8:51 a.m. BST (O351 ET) near Liverpool Street, Aldgate and Aldgate East Underground stations, where seven were confirmed dead.

At 8:56 a.m. there was a second explosion on a Piccadilly Line train near Kings Cross and Russell Square tube stations, where 21 were confirmed dead.

At 9:17 a.m. there was an explosion on a train traveling into Edgware Road station, affecting two other trains, with five confirmed dead.

At 9:47a.m there was an explosion on a bus at Upper Woburn Place near Tavistock Square. Fatalities have been confirmed, but the number is unknown at this stage.

There were 700-900 people on each of the affected trains at the time, he added.

"This is a callous attack on purely innocent members of the public deliberately designed to kill and injure members of the public," Paddick said.

In a response to a question asking if security had been increased during the time of the G8 summit, he said that the security level had been "high" over recent months.

"We have had all the security services actively engaged in anti terrorism activity in this period," he said.

Blair, in Scotland where he is hosting the G8 summit, told reporters he would leave the summit for a "face to face" report in London and then return later in the evening.

"It's reasonably clear there have been a series of terrorist attacks in London," Blair said. "There are obviously casualties, both people that have died and people that are seriously injured.

Blair said it was "also reasonably clear" that the attacks were timed to coincide with the opening of the summit.

"It's particularly barbaric that this has happened on a day when people are meeting to try to help the problems of poverty in Africa and the long-term problems with the environment," he said.

Just before leaving for London, Blair made a second statement, surrounded by the other leaders present at the conference.

"All of our countries have suffered from the impact of terrorism," he said. "Those responsible have no respect for human life. We are united in our resolve to confront and defeat this terrorism that is not an attack on one nation, but all nations and on civilized people everywhere."

U.S. President George W. Bush was among the somber leaders who stood behind Blair as he spoke.

"We will not yield to these people, will not yield to the terrorists," he said in a short statement after Blair departed. "We will find them, we will bring them to justice, and at the same time we will spread an ideology of hope and compassion that will overwhelm their ideology of hate."

London Mayor Ken Livingstone said the blasts were "mass murder" carried out by terrorists bent on "indiscriminate ... slaughter."

Livingstone, in Singapore where he supported London's successful bid to host the 2012 Olympics, said: "I want to say one thing: This was not a terrorist attack against the mighty or the powerful, it is not aimed at presidents or prime ministers, it was aimed at ordinary working-class Londoners." (Full story)

The Web site claim of responsibility by a self-proclaimed and previously unheard of al Qaeda group in Europe said the blasts were "in retaliation for the massacres Britain is committing in Iraq and Afghanistan."

"Here is Britain burning now out of fear and horror in its north, south east and west," the statement said, translated from Arabic by CNN. "We have often and repeatedly warned the British government and people." (Full story)

Despite calls from officials to stay home, Londoners were on the streets except in areas where they were barred by police.

Police cordoned off areas around six stations in and around the city's center and financial area and brought in sniffer dogs to check the areas.

Telephone traffic -- particularly by cell phone -- was nearly impossible. London's largest cellular provider, Vodafone, said it had devoted much of its network to emergency services, causing the problems with subscribers.

One man, with blood streaming down the left side of his face from a wound on his temple, said he didn't "want to live through it again."

"I was in the front carriage and people were severely injured there," he said, dispassionately, adding that his train had been in the tunnel between King's Cross and Russell Square. "I heard, but I don't know, that people were hurt worse further back. "Some people were very calm, others very panicky."

"There was a very loud bang, the lights went out, the carriage filled with smoke," he said. "We were all thrown forward."

Scotland Yard sent out a notice saying that "public transport in London will be affected in the next few days."

Claire Burroughs, spokeswoman for St. Mary's Hospital in central London, told CNN the hospital was on "major incident alert." Four patients were critically injured, eight were seriously injured and 14 others were being treated for minor injuries, she said.

"The types of injuries we are seeing include limb damage, burns, cuts, breaks, head injuries and chest problems due to smoke inhalation," Burroughs said.

London Hospital said it received 95 patients, most with minor injuries. Ten, however were listed in serious condition and seven in critical condition as well as "numerous with significant orthopedic injuries requiring immediate surgery."

Royal London Hospital, in east London near Aldgate station, said it had admitted 16 patients, 10 of them in critical condition. St. Bartholomew's hospital said it had treated and released 36 patients and had admitted two others.

CNN cameraman Oran O'Reilly said he has seen seven of the city's famed double-decker buses as well as police cars and ambulances arriving with casualties.

Jarvis Medhurst told CNN: "I was working at the Tavistock Hotel and a bus exploded literally 40 meters away from me. There was a massive explosion and a cloud of smoke, and then when the smoke stated to die down, you could see the wrecked bus, which was on fire.

"There were bodies everywhere. Heads and bits of bodies, heads and arms and legs all ripped away.

"There seemed to be kids lying around as well as adults. I'm just in shock, it's something I'll never forget."

O'Reilly, who was at Aldgate station, saw passengers coming out of it with signs of smoke inhalation -- black smudges around their mouths and noses.

"They're pushing people away from the tube (train) station," O'Reilly said. "Police are telling us to evacuate the street."

Also at Aldgate, CNN producer Roger Clark said he had seen people with blood running down their faces, with many others looking stunned.

An eyewitness who was on a train told Clark the car in front of him exploded and then the the train tunnel filled with smoke.

Copyright 2005 CNN. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Associated Press contributed to this report.

Story Tools

Click Here to try 4 Free Trial Issues of Time!

Section PageVideoInternational EditionExplosions rock London

• Arroyo asks cabinet to resign
• 5 killed in U.N. Haiti slum raid
• Hurricane Dennis approaches Jamaica Home PageVideoMost Popular33 killed, more feared dead

• World leaders condemn attacks
• Group lays claim to blasts
• Blair departs G8 summit

[Edited by time is on my side]
July 7th, 2005 12:10 PM
parmeda
quote:
Gazza wrote:

That's too funny, Gazza...

What's even funnier, he looks like somebody I had a run-in with on Saturday.

Doesn't he, pug? ...rotflmao
July 7th, 2005 12:14 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Cant say im surprised. Must be a nightmare wiping your arse with two hooks...

The horror ...........................................................

The HORROR ....................................................................

Joey Brando ! ™
July 7th, 2005 12:16 PM
Martha I'm shocked, but sadly not surprised about the attack on London today.

My prayers go out to everyone concerned.

Peace brothers and sisters.

Martha
July 7th, 2005 12:24 PM
Soldatti I'm so sad, all my prayers for the victims in London.
July 7th, 2005 12:33 PM
Honky Tonk Man With all the madness in the big city at the moment, it just seems weird that an ice cream van has pulled up outside my house. No icream for me though. I don't want to get salmenela poisoning.
July 7th, 2005 12:51 PM
littleredrooster
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Must be a nightmare wiping your arse with two hooks...

I'm sure that he doesn't ever bother to wipe.

The Bastard religious zealots!
July 7th, 2005 01:03 PM
JaggerLips I've texted all the people I know that I think could be in London and they are ok. Text a woman I know who's an Expat Cockney living in Holland that may have been in London visiting relatives, she's in Holland fortunately!
Got a few texts of a few Italian friends asking after me.
Tremendous sense of international cameradery!

I freaking hate terrorisists they are the lowest of the low!
Just wish we could find the gene that causes people to behave in such a heartless manner and correct it!

July 7th, 2005 01:15 PM
HellsRollingThunder What a horrible nightmare for London and those people trapped
in the tubes and those injured and killed. Hopefully they will
find those responsible and arrest them as quickly as they are able
to. My sincere sympathy and condolences go to London, the
victims and their families and friends and the city and the UK

We do have to find a way to stop these terrorists as fast we can
do it. After all they will NOT stop until someone stops them first.

We all are aware of who is in charge of the Al-Queda and that
evil demon is Osama Bin Laden and his followers. So it is even
more imperative to locate these monsters and execute them or
perhaps subject them to a fate worse than death(?) I hope we can
find them soon, but am not holding my breath. Hope all your loved
ones, friends and others are safe.
July 7th, 2005 01:26 PM
kath are all our rocks off people ok??? holy shit, i just clicked on ABCnews and saw this for the first time. oh my gawd!!!!! the world has gone mad. christ almighty, will this ever end???

i am sooo sorry for all you folks in london, this is just horrible!!!
July 7th, 2005 01:27 PM
Poplar disgusting. all my best to the Brits. This war (and this terrorist bullshit) is gong to go on for a long time, i'm affraid.

something that comes to mind: Pakistan needs to stop fuck'n around. I say we charge in there and wipe out whatever Qaeda is running around in those hills. That bin laden can hide out like this on the border there is really starting to irk me.
[Edited by Poplar]
July 7th, 2005 01:32 PM
voodoopug
quote:
parmeda wrote:

That's too funny, Gazza...

What's even funnier, he looks like somebody I had a run-in with on Saturday.

Doesn't he, pug? ...rotflmao

[Edited by voodoopug]
[Edited by voodoopug]
July 7th, 2005 01:34 PM
jb You think they planned this soon after Live8 as security was so tight there,perhaps they may have felt this was a vulnerable time as security may have been lessened-bastards.
July 7th, 2005 01:37 PM
kath this is horrifying. and to link anything "funny" to it is disgusting. my gawd. jeeezuz, this is just horrible. we all know people in london. i will not share my political beliefs at this moment, but i am so sad and so angry and so horrified.
July 7th, 2005 02:04 PM
glencar 37 are now dead? Sad.
July 7th, 2005 02:09 PM
voodoopug
quote:
glencar wrote:
37 are now dead? Sad.

unfortunately, this number will climb yet. This is no laughing matter and something must be done. It is not right for this many people to live in fear.
July 7th, 2005 02:11 PM
glencar The scariest part is that it sounds like this was a case of homicide/suicide bombing. This can happen anywhere at any time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)