ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Tour dates Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
22nd March 2007 03:48 PM
pdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The place looks the part, though - doesnt it?

Sure ain't no Omaha Outhouse!
22nd March 2007 04:03 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
thats bigger than MSG!!!

and as yet unopened and untested (the first picture is, as you can see, a computer pic and not an actual photo).

Its actually our "Grand Folly" as when it was the Millennium Dome it went way over budget (sound familiar?) and attracted too few visitors (wide open!) before closing a couple of years ago.

Its reopening in June 2007 and will be used as a concert arena amongst other things. It'll be the biggest indoor arena in Europe. Justin Timberlake is playing the first shows there in July.
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 04:08 PM
LadyJane That's gorgeous!

LJ.
22nd March 2007 04:10 PM
pdog
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
That's gorgeous!

LJ.

I love lamp!
22nd March 2007 04:16 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

What does that hold like 45K?
[Edited by monkey_man]
22nd March 2007 04:19 PM
pdog I love dome!
22nd March 2007 05:19 PM
Angiegirl I'm not going. No Stones for me. No interesting shows, and Nijmegen sucks even more than Amsterdam ArenA, if possible. Fuck it.
22nd March 2007 05:21 PM
Gazza Nijmegen is what put me off a trip to Holland this time (not the city as Ive never been there, just the thought of a field show)

02 Arena sounds a bit more pleasant, dont ya think?
22nd March 2007 05:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

What does that hold like 45K?

Half of that. Its an arena - not a stadium.

The photo of the exterior might make you think its a stadium, but the 02 Arena is only a part of the entire vast complex
[Edited by Gazza]
22nd March 2007 05:28 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
02 Arena sounds a bit more pleasant, dont ya think?

No. Well, yeah, because it's London, which is my favorite city to visit.

But tickets in the UK are like 3 times as expensive as in Holland (at least), and they're all seats. I hate all seats.

In Wembley Arena in '03 we had tickets for the C-block for like 180 pounds a piece or whatever, and I was much further away from the stage compared to the FOS I am used to, I hated it. Not to mention the boring sedated and sitting people around us, though that could just have been bad luck.

Besides, London and hotels in London are above my budget. I already have my vacation money reserved for my summer vacation in Spain in July.

If I could go to any show, it would be the London one though, but only because the rest is worse.
22nd March 2007 06:12 PM
Fabio Hot Stuff ROMA ROMA ROMA
ROMA ROMA ROMA

I live on appartment that I only open my window and see the Olimpic Stadium!!!
The Stones will playng very close to me!
All the ROCKS OFFers are invited!!!

[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
[Edited by Fabio Hot Stuff]
22nd March 2007 06:13 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Gazza wrote:
the 02 Arena is only a part of the entire vast complex

like "Virtual Ticket" - the wonderous all access pass to repetive photos and set lists

[Edited by Saint Sway]
22nd March 2007 07:25 PM
jostorm Gazza: thanks for answering my IOW question earlier on in the other thread (sorry, far too busy at work to log on and say "ta!"...) I used my lunchbreak and went onto ebay and bought myself some tickets for the IOW festival... (My middle name being "patient", as you may or may not have noticed...). Figured that EVEN if the old fuckers let me down again, and I'm expecting it anyway, you bastards!, then at least there are all these other groups playing... that I could make a whole weekend in the sun out of it, and that hopefully global warming will be on our side in early June... Also, I am really thrilled about Amy Winehouse! And IF the old fogies actually turn up and I can dance to Sympathy for the devil in the sand, then that's the icing on the cake, right?
The whole thing is my daughter's official 14th birthday present, pretty cool, if you ask me, I only got a new bike at that age...I know,it's a bit like buying your grandma a new snowboard for Christmas, but that's " a mother's sacrifice knowing no bound" for you....

Are you sure and you don't want to rethink my generous offer of free high colonic irrigations and frequently slapped-on factor 50 by-the-sea??? AND the sandy merkins, of course!...Although for an island it is a pain in the butt to get to ... There are still some tickets, and I'm sure a few more will turn up...

22nd March 2007 07:32 PM
jostorm Alora, Fabio Hot Stuff: Here's a totally hypothetical question for you: if a person was standing on your balcony, how near EXACTLY would the olympic stadium be??
And could that person actually see Mick's bulging crotch and which bandanna Keith is wearing with bare eyes and without the use of military sniper-style binoculars??? Pronto, I'm on the webpage for flights into Rome....
22nd March 2007 09:39 PM
iluvmickjagger07 woww they never fail to amaze us. they just keep on going.
22nd March 2007 10:35 PM
mojoman IORR is saying switzerland is a possbility. back to zurich? or st jakobs in basel? or a festival? any thoughts?
22nd March 2007 11:05 PM
oldkr I have to say a huge THANK FUCK! I can't travel but I won't be missing anything!!! uninteresting shows from an uniterested band - same setlists -same set-same old

mick really let down his guard even he couldnt feign his disinterest in the tour during the announcement, I almost felt like he was ready to out the rest of them for not bothering to show!

that DJ was awful too (he sounded like alan partridge) and cut mick off everytime he was to say something interesting!

I just watched the tv commercial for this tour (gazza email me rollingkeef-at-aol.com) did little to inspire really!

and before anybody throws a shitfit 5 shows in eastern europe does not equal excitement

OLDKR
22nd March 2007 11:18 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Will try to take your invitation Fabio! Great they'll play home! Isn't it?
23rd March 2007 02:27 AM
venturini if anyone come to Portugal, just say something! Cheers
23rd March 2007 03:52 AM
GimmeExile
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I have to say a huge THANK FUCK! I can't travel but I won't be missing anything!!! uninteresting shows from an uniterested band - same setlists -same set-same old

mick really let down his guard even he couldnt feign his disinterest in the tour during the announcement, I almost felt like he was ready to out the rest of them for not bothering to show!

that DJ was awful too (he sounded like alan partridge) and cut mick off everytime he was to say something interesting!

I just watched the tv commercial for this tour (gazza email me rollingkeef-at-aol.com) did little to inspire really!

and before anybody throws a shitfit 5 shows in eastern europe does not equal excitement

OLDKR

oldkr, it's not like you to be so negative!
23rd March 2007 07:55 AM
Johnny345 Anyone planning to go to Montenegro for their new date of 9th July, I have an apartment for rent please see http://www.self-catering-breaks.com/Properties/Prop40525.htm

Only about 15-20 minutes from Jaz Beach

Thanks
23rd March 2007 08:51 AM
Gazza
quote:
venturini wrote:
if anyone come to Portugal, just say something! Cheers

I'm seriously thinking about it

meanwhile, a Dutch travel company (not a broker site) is accepting registration not just for the show at the 02 Arena on 21/8/07 - but also for 23 and 25 August.

http://www.topeventtickets.com/Rolling_Stones_Tickets

(thanks to PeterH on IORR for the link)
23rd March 2007 11:21 AM
oldkr I suppose I was hoping europe would get a "no security" style thing, that doesnt look like its going to happen.

OLDKR
23rd March 2007 12:16 PM
Honky Tonk Man The O2 Arena certainly looks impressive.

Here is a link to uselful information page.

http://www.upmystreet.com/see/snapshot/?vid=3872
23rd March 2007 12:56 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I suppose I was hoping europe would get a "no security" style thing, that doesnt look like its going to happen.

OLDKR

Three nights in a 20,000 seater in London seems good enough to me

there wasnt a prayer that theyd do arenas around Europe. There simply arent enough large indoor arenas.

the venues are so different. Our arenas are in general far smaller than the US ones, making an arena tour impractical ion the Stones' terms (ie, maximum revenue above everything else). However, European stadiums tend to be bigger than they are in the US and incomes are less, so they play to bigger crowds but for cheaper prices.

They can get away with charging more money in London than anywhere else in Europe, so can now make more on an arena show there than they do in many stadium shows in other parts of Europe.
23rd March 2007 01:16 PM
glencar Gazza you do a nice job of explaining things. Some seem angry these days. I'm glad I'm usually able to see the good in the Stones.
23rd March 2007 03:54 PM
mrhipfl Probable Switzerland show!!!!!!!
I'll have to go out busking soon if I wanna get there!
23rd March 2007 04:44 PM
Gazza Was just about to mention this..It seems there will be a show in Lausanne on August 11th

This is a show with a difference, with all of the tickets being bought by MIGROS (I believe this is some kind of supermarket chain) who are going to distribute the tickets amongst those of their customers who own a Cumulus card (presumably its some kind of loyalty card) on some kind of lottery system

Link here (in German) http://www.migros.ch/NR/exeres/AA08DE95-65F6-4333-898A-2FAAF0C6043C,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Published

Newspaper article (also in German)http://www.blick.ch/showbiz/artikel58878
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2007 04:46 PM
Saint Sway http://novogate.com/board/968/235495-1.html
23rd March 2007 04:47 PM
Gazza I noticed! Thanks, but enough of the sucking already!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)