ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Tour dates Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
1st May 2007 05:03 AM
Gazza The Kiev show scheduled for July 25th (but not yet on sale) is apparently going to be cancelled for safety reasons due to the ongoing unstable political situation there and replaced with a show in Warsaw, Poland. An official announcement appears to be imminent.

Story here (in Polish)
http://www.dziennik.pl/Default.aspx?TabId=14&ShowArticleId=42455
http://muzyka.interia.pl/wiadomosc_dnia/news/rolling-stonesi-zagraja-w-polsce,903690
1st May 2007 05:59 AM
Gazza 02's presale password for the 3rd show is different to the one used for the first two - it is ZRAJPN

the address is www.o2blueroom.co.uk/stones . The text I just received says theyre available from Wednesday at 9 am, although thats actually the date of the public sale.

when accessing the above link or http://blueroom.o2.co.uk/the-o2/rolling-stones.jsp , theyre actually available NOW and will be until 7 pm today

again, dont expect to be offered great seats.

[Edited by Gazza]
1st May 2007 07:35 AM
Cherry Oh Baby Oh my God, I'd be very sad if the Kyiv show is cancelled There's nothing really dangerous here, the political situation is always unstable. In fact, people in the streets just don't even notice all those flags and speeches - we've just used to it...
[Edited by Cherry Oh Baby]
1st May 2007 08:29 AM
Gazza
quote:
Cherry Oh Baby wrote:
Oh my God, I'd be very sad if the Kyiv show is cancelled There's nothing really dangerous here, the political situation is always unstable. In fact, people in the streets just don't even notice all those flags and speeches - we've just used to it...

Hey you - great to see you here.

I'll be very disappointed for you if this show is cancelled. It seems the promoters or the Stones management are more nervous about than you are ....

Are there any news or rumours in Kyiv about this show being cancelled or any reasons given why no tickets have been put on sale yet?
[Edited by Gazza]
1st May 2007 10:28 AM
av
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Hey you - great to see you here.

I'll be very disappointed for you if this show is cancelled. It seems the promoters or the Stones management are more nervous about than you are ....

Are there any news or rumours in Kyiv about this show being cancelled or any reasons given why no tickets have been put on sale yet?
[Edited by Gazza]

There are a couple of reasons that can cause cancelation of the show in Kiev.
1-there is a huge construction work just in front of NSC Olympisky. It seems that it does not fit UEFA safety requirements for 80000 people and operates at 1/2 of its capacity. There is major safety issue for evacuation.
2-the management of NSC asked for $300000 safety deposit for possible football field damage. Who is gonna pay? :-)(http://www.rosinvest.com/news/276379/) (in russian)
3-the local promoters are cheap bastards who made a huge rip off with last year Roger Waters concert. (http://delo.ua/news/after/after/info-25664.html) (in russian)

As for politics.... Its just a political mess but not a war. People in Kiev do not care much about it.

BTW. There is no word on the show in local papers. Just nothing.

Good luck to polish friends :-).
[Edited by av]
[Edited by av]
1st May 2007 10:47 AM
Gazza Thanks. Doesnt look good. I hope they can work it out and your show goes ahead as planned.
1st May 2007 12:00 PM
av
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Thanks. Doesnt look good. I hope they can work it out and your show goes ahead as planned.

Here is another one.

As for April 27 there is no event scheduled for July 25 at NSC Olympisky. The local promoter states that he has no information on the Rolling Stones visit. He asked not to pay too much attention to the information at the official Rolling Stones web site.

Also he states that the local promoters do not want to take risk for their money. (Between the lines - most probably they just do not have enogh money)

http://delo.ua/news/after/after/info-31140.html (in russian)

Tha most of this article is about George Michel who suppose to come at July 9. Just a usual crap how great he is :-). The only information on the Stones is in the last 3 paragraphs.
1st May 2007 01:23 PM
Cherry Oh Baby Thanks AV Anyway it's better to know all the truth than to go and buy tickets just to know you've been cheated like with Pink Floyd last year...

(Fortunately, last year I wasn't going to Pink Floyd anyway...)
1st May 2007 02:15 PM
av
quote:
Cherry Oh Baby wrote:
Thanks AV Anyway it's better to know all the truth than to go and buy tickets just to know you've been cheated like with Pink Floyd last year...

(Fortunately, last year I wasn't going to Pink Floyd anyway...)

Neither do I :-). But I know people who waste a lot of their time to get their money back.

Anyway I am ready to take risk and buy a ticket as soon as the show would be confirmed for sure.
1st May 2007 04:58 PM
Cherry Oh Baby
quote:
av wrote:

Neither do I :-). But I know people who waste a lot of their time to get their money back.

Anyway I am ready to take risk and buy a ticket as soon as the show would be confirmed for sure.

Yeah, lots of my friends had to stay for hours in those queues to get their money back for that fake Pink Floyd show. But we would still believe till the end, right?
1st May 2007 10:46 PM
glencar Good news for the Poles is bad news for the Ukrainians. I hope you guys can travel elsewhere if the show is indeed cancelled.
2nd May 2007 04:52 AM
RSRTG Well, I'm happy, Ive just ordered my ticket to the the 3rd O2 show in what will probably be my last ever stones concert. I will be waiting in anticipation for tickets to all 3 02 shows to arrive now.....wont be happy until I have them and I cant wait to get to London again!
BRING IT ON!
2nd May 2007 05:27 AM
Gazza See you there, mate. You goin' to all three?
2nd May 2007 06:23 AM
RSRTG yep, going to all 3.....i cant believe it!
and yep, it'll be great to catch up!
3rd May 2007 08:05 AM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:
Arggggh! I will probably do the 26th, but I have no money...so it looks like eBay closer to the time for me!

Lastminute.com now have tickets in all 3 price ranges, including the hard-to-find £70 ones :

http://www.lastminute.com/site/entertainment/event-availability.html?skin=engb.lastminute.com&eventID=479970885-1&sortBy=nameASC&catID=99455
3rd May 2007 03:50 PM
Honky Tonk Man Got a ticket!
3rd May 2007 04:13 PM
Gazza Jersualem Post is now reporting that the Stones will play a show at Hayarkon Park, Tel Aviv 'around Rosh Hashana' (which this year runs from Sept 12-14 apparently)

Find it hard to believe theyd be playing more shows around that time with no shows currently planned after August 26th and ticket sales for the tour quite slow in so many countries as it is.

see seperate thread on this subject

http://novogate.com/board/968/236353-1.html
3rd May 2007 04:28 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Got a ticket!

Is that 2 shows for you, HTM?!!
3rd May 2007 04:48 PM
glencar I am flying to Dublin 2 days before the show.
7th May 2007 03:17 AM
Tomie Is there any truth to the rumours that Sir Paul McCartney is set to open for the band at one of their London dates?

If true, I hope it's the August 21 show
7th May 2007 08:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Tomie wrote:
Is there any truth to the rumours that Sir Paul McCartney is set to open for the band at one of their London dates?

If true, I hope it's the August 21 show

No. Its absolute nonsense.

Van Morrison has now been confirmed as the opening act in Nijmegen however.
7th May 2007 08:30 AM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Stars are aligning...I'm making my wish...

Van.........London............PLEASE!!!!!
8th May 2007 03:28 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

Stars are aligning...I'm making my wish...

Van.........London............PLEASE!!!!!

sorry Party Doll.... no Van do! The tour's a bust!!

the fat kid failed his algebra class and has to go to summer school

9th May 2007 11:54 AM
Gazza Change of venue for Belgrade confirmed

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/236473-1.html

(Thanks Gottorollme)
9th May 2007 01:26 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Is that 2 shows for you, HTM?!!

Yep!
9th May 2007 11:56 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Slane opener listed yet?
10th May 2007 12:01 AM
erikjjf
quote:
glencar wrote:
Slane opener listed yet?

One of the openers at Slane will be Tinariwen.
10th May 2007 07:21 AM
Gazza officially confirmed

The Stones will now play in Warsaw, Poland on July 25th and not Kyiv, Ukraine.

News story here (in Polish) - http://www.dziennik.pl/Default.aspx?TabId=99&ShowArticleId=43657
http://muzyka.onet.pl/0,1532673,newsy.html

Ticket sales from May 19th.
[Edited by Gazza]
10th May 2007 10:36 AM
Saint Sway this is some of pdog's finest work. Solid Gold postin! Genius stuff!! As well as a gentle reminder to us all, that as the European Tour approaches, its time once again for us to dust off the cobwebs and elevate our game. Time to bring your A game!

This is how its done:

quote:
pdog wrote:
Lisa is losing her looks...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Blondie is just out there...
Bernard has some unresolved issues...
I don't like Tim Ries...
Bobby is okay...
Screw the hippie on piano...
[Edited by pdog]

[Edited by Saint Sway]
10th May 2007 11:06 AM
glencar
quote:
erikjjf wrote:

One of the openers at Slane will be Tinariwen.

Thanks! I shall research who the hell this group actually is.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)