ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Tour dates Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
23rd March 2007 04:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Gazza you do a nice job of explaining things. Some seem angry these days. I'm glad I'm usually able to see the good in the Stones.

Well, thanks..Cant say its a situation I'd personally consider as "good" but thats basically why it is like that.
23rd March 2007 04:54 PM
Gazza
quote:
oldkr wrote:
I have to say a huge THANK FUCK! I can't travel but I won't be missing anything!!! uninteresting shows from an uniterested band - same setlists -same set-same old

mick really let down his guard even he couldnt feign his disinterest in the tour during the announcement, I almost felt like he was ready to out the rest of them for not bothering to show!

that DJ was awful too (he sounded like alan partridge) and cut mick off everytime he was to say something interesting!

I just watched the tv commercial for this tour (gazza email me rollingkeef-at-aol.com) did little to inspire really!

and before anybody throws a shitfit 5 shows in eastern europe does not equal excitement

OLDKR

Well, it does for about a quarter of a million people who have never seen the band before and who never thought theyd get the chance. Why is it so bad that theyre letting new audiences see them instead of playing the same places for the millionth time this tour where theyve absolutely flooded the market to death just so they can milk as much money as possible. Its not all about you or me. Trust me, I know a few people in places like Kiev and theyre beside themselves with delight that theyre getting to see the Stones. They dont have the means to fly elsewhere like we have.

They'll appreciate a Stones show in their own city more than any of us would probably appreciate ten shows

My e-mail's on my profile, Keith, if youre needing to get in touch with me.
23rd March 2007 05:23 PM
Saint Sway Gazza,

have you seen the front page of todays NY Times?
23rd March 2007 05:27 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Gazza,

have you seen the front page of todays NY Times?

yes, well at least it makes a pleasant change from reading about Iraq....
23rd March 2007 06:50 PM
danielharris627 Does anyone know how much tickets for London are? Similar to last year im guessing...
23rd March 2007 08:34 PM
Gazza I would think so, although as they can sell this place easily they'll no doubt do what they usually do when they play an arena in a major city like New York or LA and make a higher percentage of the tickets than youd normally expect in the "category 1" price range

So whilst the range may again be someting like £40-£150, the average price may be higher than it was last year

[Edited by Gazza]
23rd March 2007 08:46 PM
RSRTG Can someone please explain how 'worldticketshop.com' can be already selling tickets to all 17 shows????
24th March 2007 03:03 AM
dirtyden but you are paying way over the odds for these tickets and i bet you any money they don't have any yet !
stay away from these sites i got ripped off last year.....you have been warned !
[Edited by dirtyden]
[Edited by dirtyden]
24th March 2007 03:28 AM
danielharris627
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I would think so, although as they can sell this place easily they'll no doubt do what they usually do when they play an arena in a major city like New York or LA and make a higher percentage of the tickets than youd normally expect in the "category 1" price range

So whilst the range may again be someting like £40-£150, the average price may be higher than it was last year

[Edited by Gazza]

Argh, I gotta get £170ish (including booking fees, postage etc) by Wednesday I must be in the front few blocks
24th March 2007 11:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man I don't know if anyone here is in the same boat as me here, but I for one am panickig over next Friday when the O2 Arena tickets go on general sale. I start a new job on Monday and will not have access to the net to purchase tickets. My dad is officialy in charge of getting tickets on my behalf, but never have I been more panic stricken! I don't think he's ordered anything off the net in his life!
24th March 2007 11:56 AM
irini Hello to everyone on the board - & congratulations for a fantastic message board . .I ve been following the discussions for a while but only just registered..Everyone - well almost everyone - seems to be v excited about the upcoming tour the timing seems to be perfect .
On a more practical note . . I ve been trying to get tickets for nijmegen since this morning, through rollingstones.com & ticketservice.nl/ticketmaster but nth seems to be working. . I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar probs. .?
24th March 2007 11:57 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I don't know if anyone here is in the same boat as me here, but I for one am panickig over next Friday when the O2 Arena tickets go on general sale. I start a new job on Monday and will not have access to the net to purchase tickets. My dad is officialy in charge of getting tickets on my behalf, but never have I been more panic stricken! I don't think he's ordered anything off the net in his life!

HTM, if you can't get anyone else to do it, I'd be happy to try. Feel free to PM me.
24th March 2007 01:07 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
irini wrote:
I ve been trying to get tickets for nijmegen since this morning, through rollingstones.com & ticketservice.nl/ticketmaster but nth seems to be working. . I was wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar probs. .?

No. I just tried again, but I could still get the maximum of 12 tickets. I didn't buy any though.

http://www.ticketmaster.nl/html/evinfo.htmI?CNTX=558650&l=EN&C=
24th March 2007 01:15 PM
irini Thanks Angiegirl -
I can also get to this stage (link you included) - manage to order the number of tickets I want, register details etc. & then as soon as I try to proceed to the payment stage this comes up : 'This function is disabled at the moment. Please try again later'
I obviousle cannot ring the 09 number of ticketservice.nl and ticketmaster U.K. say the tickets have not yet been released. . V weird - but thanks anyway.
24th March 2007 01:32 PM
Angiegirl Strange indeed. They won't be available on the phone either I think at this time.
24th March 2007 02:04 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Was just about to mention this..It seems there will be a show in Lausanne on August 11th

This is a show with a difference, with all of the tickets being bought by MIGROS (I believe this is some kind of supermarket chain) who are going to distribute the tickets amongst those of their customers who own a Cumulus card (presumably its some kind of loyalty card) on some kind of lottery system

Link here (in German) http://www.migros.ch/NR/exeres/AA08DE95-65F6-4333-898A-2FAAF0C6043C,frameless.htm?NRMODE=Published

Newspaper article (also in German)http://www.blick.ch/showbiz/artikel58878
[Edited by Gazza]

If I understand correctly, this means that there won't be any tickets for sale at all, right? They're giving away 15,000 pairs of tickets while the capacity is 30,000. That's lame...
24th March 2007 02:14 PM
Moonisup
quote:
irini wrote:
Thanks Angiegirl -
I can also get to this stage (link you included) - manage to order the number of tickets I want, register details etc. & then as soon as I try to proceed to the payment stage this comes up : 'This function is disabled at the moment. Please try again later'
I obviousle cannot ring the 09 number of ticketservice.nl and ticketmaster U.K. say the tickets have not yet been released. . V weird - but thanks anyway.

are your cookies enabled?
24th March 2007 02:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
danielharris627 wrote:

Argh, I gotta get £170ish (including booking fees, postage etc) by Wednesday I must be in the front few blocks

Assuming the arrangement is like it was for last year, the front ten rows should mostly be in the £60 range - NOT £150. There will be a very limited amount of those available in a public sale, and your best bet on getting them is to get a rs.com membership and get those front block tickets in a presale (and selecting "best available" as opposed to the most expensive tickets).

With the membership fee, youre going to end up paying about £75 per ticket for a group of 4 tickets, so you can split the £100 membership cost with the rest of the peope you get tickets for. Its a lot better than paying £150 a ticket plus charges and being half way back or way up on the side.
24th March 2007 02:24 PM
Gazza
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

If I understand correctly, this means that there won't be any tickets for sale at all, right? They're giving away 15,000 pairs of tickets while the capacity is 30,000. That's lame...

Thats how I understand it (although my German isnt too good) and yeah, if thats the case its a shitty system. Bad enough having many of the best seats at Stones shows given to couldnt care less corporate audiences but a Stones audience who have tickets given to them in a lottery (and who may not even like the band to begin with) is somewhat farcical. The Swiss fans gave the band great support last year with a big turnout at the show there. They desrved a return visit, but it could have been done better than this IMO
24th March 2007 02:38 PM
irini yes - cookies enabled - just checked again - it might be a problem with my browser tho cos i cannot logout from ticketservice.nl which is also strange - a friend will give it a go for me now so i ll see what happens. .
24th March 2007 07:32 PM
jostorm Herr Gazza, it just says that any of their customers will be rewarded with the opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the Lausanne concert, and that from the 10th of April onwards the tongue stickers and the competition forms shall be available to all competitors. Every Migros customer can win a pair of tickets, for which they shall have 6000 cumulus-points deducted from their cards. If at the time of winning the tickets the winning customer does not possess 6000 "loyalty" cumulus points on his card, then it doesn't matter, as they can simply have the points deducted at a later date. It doesn't say what happens if the winning customer gets run over by a bus the day after the concert, whether said customer MUST know how to operate a german-speaking tv remote control, or if indeed this is just a ruse to make you join an occult yodeling cult and you end up having to drink swiss-cheese-flavoured Kool-Aid and die a painful and slow death....
If you want to know my opinion: only in Switzerland! And good job they voluntarily insist on remaining neutral within Europe, otherwise they would complicate our fishing quota disputes and butter mountain fights with their stupid cumulus points....I rest my case.

[Edited by jostorm]
24th March 2007 09:28 PM
danielharris627
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Assuming the arrangement is like it was for last year, the front ten rows should mostly be in the £60 range - NOT £150. There will be a very limited amount of those available in a public sale, and your best bet on getting them is to get a rs.com membership and get those front block tickets in a presale (and selecting "best available" as opposed to the most expensive tickets).

With the membership fee, youre going to end up paying about £75 per ticket for a group of 4 tickets, so you can split the £100 membership cost with the rest of the peope you get tickets for. Its a lot better than paying £150 a ticket plus charges and being half way back or way up on the side.

Hmm, I don't know...I don't really want to take any risks, I'll be only buying two. So it'd be 50 each.
I'll just hope there is tickets in the front 10 rows left. I am part of the 'new' membership.
25th March 2007 12:09 AM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I noticed! Thanks, but enough of the sucking already!

Gazza,how many shows ya think you'll get to this summer?
25th March 2007 12:21 AM
mojoman
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Herr Gazza, it just says that any of their customers will be rewarded with the opportunity to win a pair of tickets to the Lausanne concert, and that from the 10th of April onwards the tongue stickers and the competition forms shall be available to all competitors. Every Migros customer can win a pair of tickets, for which they shall have 6000 cumulus-points deducted from their cards. If at the time of winning the tickets the winning customer does not possess 6000 "loyalty" cumulus points on his card, then it doesn't matter, as they can simply have the points deducted at a later date. It doesn't say what happens if the winning customer gets run over by a bus the day after the concert, whether said customer MUST know how to operate a german-speaking tv remote control, or if indeed this is just a ruse to make you join an occult yodeling cult and you end up having to drink swiss-cheese-flavoured Kool-Aid and die a painful and slow death....
If you want to know my opinion: only in Switzerland! And good job they voluntarily insist on remaining neutral within Europe, otherwise they would complicate our fishing quota disputes and butter mountain fights with their stupid cumulus points....I rest my case.

[Edited by jostorm]

the stones thanking the swiss for fine cheese, chocolate, watches, bank secrecy and pharmaceuticals.
25th March 2007 06:49 AM
hangover I don't suppose that there is a kindly soul out there who would be willing to purchase a ticket for the O2 gig in the pre-sale on my behalf? I tried all my friends but cannot find anyone else who wants to and can afford to go. I cannot afford the platinum membership on my own, but I would be more than happy to pay the ticket price and a share of the membership.

I'm a massive fan but haven't seen them live since Wembley in the 80s and with their recent return to form (I love the last album) I really don't want to miss out on this tour.

Thanks

Dom
25th March 2007 10:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

HTM, if you can't get anyone else to do it, I'd be happy to try. Feel free to PM me.

You have a PM
25th March 2007 11:06 AM
Gazza
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

Gazza,how many shows ya think you'll get to this summer?

I'll definitely be going for all of 3 rumoured London shows as I much prefer indoor shows and more importantly they will probably be the tour's finale

I'll almost certainly do Slane because for the first time in over 40 shows, it means I can get home on the same night..

However, theyre at the end of the tour and there will have been 25-27 shows before that I cant see me waiting until mid-August, so I might take in a little trip earlier in the tour, where I can ideally see a couple of shows. Maybe in the France/Spain/Portugal part of the tour - depends on the price of the flights.

So, minimum 3 shows. Maximum - six.

Every tour prior to this one I have ended up doing more shows than the previous tour. On BTB/No security I did 7, and I ended up doing 13 on Licks. I told myself never again, and as I did seven in 2006, it looked like I had for once managed some self-discipline. Only reason why I did seven last time (2 US and 5 last summer) was because when I bought the tickets, I had asumed like everyone there wouldnt be shows in 2007...looks like they've reeled me in again. However, this time I can maybe do that six and only have two spells away from home, so its possible I suppose.
25th March 2007 12:04 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

You have a PM

Got it and replied.
25th March 2007 12:11 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Every tour prior to this one I have ended up doing more shows than the previous tour. On BTB/No security I did 7, and I ended up doing 13 on Licks. I told myself never again, and as I did seven in 2006, it looked like I had for once managed some self-discipline. Only reason why I did seven last time (2 US and 5 last summer) was because when I bought the tickets, I had asumed like everyone there wouldnt be shows in 2007...looks like they've reeled me in again. However, this time I can maybe do that six and only have two spells away from home, so its possible I suppose.

LOL...Is there a 12-step program for Stones addicts?

Seriously, best of luck. I'm so happy you guys are getting these shows. Europe deserves 'em after being treated so shabbily last time around. Hope you have a blast, G, and that goes for all of our European friends on the board who are catching shows this summer!

25th March 2007 01:25 PM
danielharris627 ARGH.

I was bored and went on the rs site and tried to see what'd happen if I tried buying tickets for the Hamburg gig...It asked me to enter my username and password. And I got this:

Your membership account doesn't have enough priviliage to get passcode for this show.

Unfortunately we do not offer upgrades at this time. If you would like to sign up for a new account and have access to presales, click here.

I am a 'new member' I got tickets in May and got an account.
So will I have access to the presale or what?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)