ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Estadio José Alvalade XXI, Lisbon 25th June 2007
© GotToRollMe and Gazza
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: European Tour dates Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
31st March 2007 08:47 AM
GotToRollMe I was still pulling Block C tickets for Slane yesterday afternoon, but then Ticketmaster went down. Has anyone tried for either Slane or the O2 shows today? Just curious.
31st March 2007 11:57 AM
glencar
quote:
Bitch wrote:

interesting factizoid, but where is "here"?

He's French...
31st March 2007 11:59 AM
glencar
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:
I was still pulling Block C tickets for Slane yesterday afternoon, but then Ticketmaster went down. Has anyone tried for either Slane or the O2 shows today? Just curious.

Their server is up but "tickets currently not on sale." Are the Stones not playing in the blighted north of England/Scotland?
31st March 2007 12:01 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

available at Starbucks?

gonna be a big summer, tater.
31st March 2007 12:02 PM
glencar That's yer return post?
1st April 2007 11:40 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

HI Rescue Bro!
2nd April 2007 04:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

you got that right, Scooter!

--------

Eddie Van Halen Doing 'Better Than Before,' Bassist Says

03/15/2007 6:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Bruce Simon

(3/15/07, 6 p.m. ET) -- Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has given Van Halen fans some very encouraging news about Eddie Van Halen and his health.

Speaking at the celebrity Cars & Stars Gala at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles Thursday, Anthony told LAUNCH that the guitarist is coming along fine in his battle with substance abuse.

"Ed's doing great. The booze, the crack, the tongue thing, stems from a little problem that he had over a year ago," Anthony said. "He was pretty much over it and had it all licked, and then he decided to put something on our website to let people know what he had been going through--because everybody wanted to know--and we kind of kept it quiet when it was happening. He's doing great, and we're ready to rock. He's got a new hip. He's like The Six Million Dollar Man--he's better than before."

-- Bruce Simon, New York and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles
2nd April 2007 05:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
glencar wrote:
That's yer return post?

Sadly, I have been unavoidably detained with an extremely heavy case load.
2nd April 2007 05:59 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

you got that right, Scooter!

--------

Eddie Van Halen Doing 'Better Than Before,' Bassist Says

03/15/2007 6:00 PM, Yahoo! Music
Bruce Simon

(3/15/07, 6 p.m. ET) -- Van Halen bassist Michael Anthony has given Van Halen fans some very encouraging news about Eddie Van Halen and his health.

Speaking at the celebrity Cars & Stars Gala at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles Thursday, Anthony told LAUNCH that the guitarist is coming along fine in his battle with substance abuse.

"Ed's doing great. The booze, the crack, the tongue thing, stems from a little problem that he had over a year ago," Anthony said. "He was pretty much over it and had it all licked, and then he decided to put something on our website to let people know what he had been going through--because everybody wanted to know--and we kind of kept it quiet when it was happening. He's doing great, and we're ready to rock. He's got a new hip. He's like The Six Million Dollar Man--he's better than before."

-- Bruce Simon, New York and Neal Weiss, Los Angeles

Oh, we won't stop. Can't stop, don't know how to stop.
[Edited by Some Guy]
2nd April 2007 06:02 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

HI Rescue Bro!

Don't you know promises were never made to keep?

Just like the night, dissolve in sleep.
3rd April 2007 06:52 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Don't you know promises were never made to keep?

Just like the night, dissolve in sleep.

yes you should be mine !
3rd April 2007 11:42 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Hagar lyrics??

quote:
Some Guy wrote:

Sadly, I have been unavoidably detained with an extremely heavy case load.

exactly how many cases of beer have you downed since you saw THIS:

WARNING: The above footage may be hazardous to your health. Please do not view this video if you are nursing or trying to become pregnant. People who suffer from depression or are taking prescription heart medications should also consult their doctor before viewing this video. Some serious side effects for Van Halen fans viewing this video include sweating, nausea, diarreaha, headaches, bloody ulcers, dry heaving, heart palpations, loss of appetite, dizziness, cramping, kidney pains, hair loss, severe itching, memory loss and violent mood swings. Some sexual side effects may also occur. Van Halen fans should also not attempt to operate heavy machinery or motorized vehicles after viewing this video. Please consult your doctor immediately if any of these side effects DO NOT occur or if you feel the need to view this video again.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
3rd April 2007 11:50 AM
GotToRollMe For anyone interested, they've released more tickets for the O2 shows today.
3rd April 2007 12:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

[Edited by Some Guy]

"SAM I AM" ~ by Sammy Hagar

Well, tried to be your paper boy
Tried to be your boy scout
Tried to be your ice cream man
Well, I could not be your soldier
Or even drive your bus
My skills were always inobvious

But I hope you understand
I'm doing the best I can
I ain't no perfect man
But Sam I am

I'm a bad-talking fighter
A silver bullet biter
A flip-flop slider
And guitar moonlighter
I'm your groovy all-nighter
Your holy ghost rider
Pale of shade whiter
I'm your rock and roll driver, yeah
Oh yeah, that's all I am

Yeah, I tried to be your oil man
Tried to be your big boss
Tried to be your broker
But you took the loss
It's just a hopeless case
And I ain't no lawyer
I only got a few tricks
I can show ya

And I hope you understand
I'm doing the best I can
I ain't no Superman
But Sam I am

And I'm a feel good doctor
Big bad talker
After midnight walker
Sittin on the bay docker
I'm a sunshine stalker
Oh daddy, weight watcher
Heaven's door knocker
Blue, white, and Red Rocker
Oh yeah, oh yeah, that's all I am

I tried to be everything to you
Yeah, but it would not do
You're nothing on my resume
But I can rock you
And roll you each and every day

Have mercy on me
I am not sorry
Believe me, it's easy

I'm doing my best to be a
Straight shot shooter
A bad motor scooter
Sunny honeymooner
Your heavy metal crooner
Make you wanna holler
Shirt with no collar
Just a couple inches taller
White, blue, and Red Rocker
Oh yeah, oh yeah
I said yeah, yeah, yeah
That's all I am
That's all I am
Baby, baby, baby
Sam I am
3rd April 2007 01:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man I have a £100 ticket for the Tuesday O2 Arena show. My dad got it for me and he reckons he just clicked on 'best available'. I have the conformation letter and nothing is stated as to what kind of seat I have. Does anyone have any idea of what I have to look forward too???

I'd like to think that as it's not one of the cheaper seats (£70) that I'll have nothing to worry about, but hey, it's The Rolling Stones!
3rd April 2007 01:39 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I have a £100 ticket for the Tuesday O2 Arena show. My dad got it for me and he reckons he just clicked on 'best available'. I have the conformation letter and nothing is stated as to what kind of seat I have. Does anyone have any idea of what I have to look forward too???

I'd like to think that as it's not one of the cheaper seats (£70) that I'll have nothing to worry about, but hey, it's The Rolling Stones!

From what I could tell during my trying experience HTM, the "few" 70's were way up high and in the "way back", and the "few" 100's were way up top on the sides. Should have a section and seat number on your confirmation.
Is Dad going with ya this time? Feel free to PM me if you need more help- for what its worth.
4th April 2007 09:04 AM
Honky Tonk Man No, no dad this time. The confirmation e-mail he gave me just stated the cost and nothing else! To be honest, as it's an arena and not a stadium where the sound can travel in the wind, I'd of thought that the sound will be fine no matter where you sit and you should have a decent view too. I'm not worried too much. I shall find out soon when the ticket arrives!

4th April 2007 11:34 AM
Flairville Where did he get the ticket from? If it was TM there will definitely be a seat number and row.
4th April 2007 11:51 AM
glencar I've had some horrid arena seats but one can always move around...
5th April 2007 11:51 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Where did he get the ticket from? If it was TM there will definitely be a seat number and row.

Ticketmaster. He's printed me off the confirmation page which just states the event, venue and delivery. Knowing my dad, there was probably more with it.

The money went out of his account, so at least I have it.

5th April 2007 06:14 PM
Saint Sway according to Rolling Stone, the Van Halen reunion tour "has been completely shut down."

its now up to Hot Sauce & Tequila to carry the torch...
5th April 2007 06:53 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
according to Rolling Stone, the Van Halen reunion tour "has been completely shut down."

its now up to Hot Sauce & Tequila to carry the torch...

Go away. Some of us are concerned as to where we'll be seated at the O2 Arena!
5th April 2007 06:56 PM
SweetVirginia ...and some of us are waiting for them to announce that third 02 show. Any new rumours on that?
5th April 2007 07:04 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
...and some of us are waiting for them to announce that third 02 show. Any new rumours on that?

Not according to iorr.org

It'll be the Saturday aparently. I'll be there if I can be bothered
6th April 2007 12:14 PM
Flairville Honky Tonk Man check the confirmation email your dad will have received. Your exact seat details will be on there.
6th April 2007 12:29 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Flairville wrote:
Honky Tonk Man check the confirmation email your dad will have received. Your exact seat details will be on there.

Will do. He probably never bloody opend it!
6th April 2007 01:12 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:
...and some of us are waiting for them to announce that third 02 show. Any new rumours on that?

Are you planning on going, SV?

HTW...you'll be there if it happens!!!!
6th April 2007 01:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:

HTW...you'll be there if it happens!!!!

HTW won't be, but HTM might be!
6th April 2007 01:49 PM
Honky Tonk Man FINALLY!

I am section BK 418, row C, seat 865.

I have had a look at the chart, it doesn't look GREAT, but it could've been worse. It won't be like nose bleed seats in a stadium I suppose.

6th April 2007 02:18 PM
PartyDoll MEG
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

HTW won't be, but HTM might be!

Got me there!!! See ya in August!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)