ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith News From Offial RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9th May 2006 10:18 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Shouldn't you be working...?

Yes, I should, but the boiling temperature in here makes it impossible

Edit: people who are really sick should be sleeping...

[Edited by Angiegirl]
9th May 2006 10:20 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Yes, I should, but the boiling temperature in here makes it impossible

It isn't that hot. Only 25 degrees. I can handle it very well lying om me couch....
9th May 2006 10:21 AM
Angiegirl Yeah, come try here with the flat roof, temperature only 36...
9th May 2006 10:22 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Sooo Angie, about the only thing I don't "get" about the Dutch: Mayonnaise on french fries. Where'd that come from??
9th May 2006 10:26 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Lucy_Bandersnatch wrote:
Sooo Angie, about the only thing I don't "get" about the Dutch: Mayonnaise on french fries. Where'd that come from??

Doesn't matter where it came from; it's great!
9th May 2006 10:26 AM
Angiegirl Mayonaise with sugar in it, which is different from mayonaise you get in France, Spain or wherever usually.

Actually I think the Flemish (Northern-Belgian) are to blame.

I couldn't eat my fries without it! Ideally mayonaise combined with peanut sauce...
9th May 2006 10:27 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Mayonaise with sugar in it, which is different from mayonaise you get in France, Spain or wherever usually.

Actually I think the Flemish (Northern-Belgian) are to blame.

I couldn't eat my fries without it! Ideally mayonaise combined with peanut sauce...

Peanut sauce...LOL! Is it called that in English?

"Patatje oorlog" the Dutch would say...
9th May 2006 10:28 AM
Angiegirl Hey, put pinda and saus in babbelfish, and guess what translation you get, doh!
9th May 2006 10:30 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hey, put pinda and saus in babbelfish, and guess what translation you get, doh!

What would you get, when you put in "patatje oorlog"?
9th May 2006 10:31 AM
Mel Belli Jeez, that photo is something else. On one level you've always known it's true, but on another it's shocking: Keith is an old man! With male-pattern baldness and gnarled arthritic fingers.
9th May 2006 10:31 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch "Mayonaise with sugar in it..."

Now it's starting to make sense! I couldn't understand putting something so greasy on something so greasy! I tried it here and thought BLAH!! Ketchup is sweet and that's what traditionally used over here. It would have to be a different type of mayo to be palatable.
9th May 2006 10:32 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Jeez, that photo is something else. On one level you've always known it's true, but on another it's shocking: Keith is an old man! With male-pattern baldness and gnarled arthritic fingers.

Yeah, he is. Makes him more human.
9th May 2006 10:32 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Mayonaise with herbs is even beter.

But the best is the stuff they sell at MacDonalds in Holland.
9th May 2006 02:07 PM
Carol Sigmaringa I don't speak english very well.
I'm from Brazil and the language around here is portuguese, so, I hope people can understand that I'm not an english expert.
The important is that you can understant what I'm saying. The contact with another Stones fans around the world is the most important. We could never do that if there wasn't any boards. We're here just to chat about the band, and, as Angie said, I's good to practice our english.
[Edited by Carol Sigmaringa]
9th May 2006 02:41 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
I don't speak english very well.
I'm from Brazil and the language around here is portuguese, so, I hope people can understand that I'm not an english expert.
The important is that you can understant what I'm saying. The contact with another Stones fans around the world is the most important. We could never do that if there wasn't any boards. We're here just to chat about the band, and, as Angie said, I's good to practice our english.

Yo

Your English is excellent, Carol.
And of course the music of the Stones is our
own "international language".

SV

9th May 2006 03:57 PM
lotsajizz the Dutch I know call it 'peanut BUTTER sauce'...a much more accurate description than peanut sauce, which might make you think Thai

and it is GREAT on French Fries

and an ice cold Amstel on the sise

NOT Amstel Light

Amstel

whose Curacao version is one of the five finest beers on the planet and the only one made from desalinated seawater

9th May 2006 04:38 PM
jtorquetti
quote:
Carol Sigmaringa wrote:
I don't speak english very well.

Good to know there are another people from our country!!! It's not just samba and beach... It's rock n` roll too!!
Abracos brazucas!!!
9th May 2006 04:50 PM
jb Para libertad Elian!!!!
9th May 2006 04:55 PM
jostorm That was a Cuban, you eeejit!
9th May 2006 05:01 PM
Gazza If you live in the UK, the ITN News at 10.30 pm this evening will have a report/feature on Keith's operation (they previewed it on their 6.30 bulletin)
9th May 2006 05:01 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jostorm wrote:
That was a Cuban, you eeejit!

jb has been humiliated yet again....a recurring theme around here....sadly
9th May 2006 05:11 PM
Steel Wheels I'm a bit low right now after seeing those images of Keith. He is up and walking, driving in a car which is good. No signs of a bandage on his head though. Another good thing.

But I am worried. I don't like seeing him without the stage frock on. A Gibson around his neck would really cheer me up.

Much love to all of Keith's fans. These are trying times. Thank God for Rocks Off. May we soon be rejoicing the next concert's set list instead of viewing papparazzi images.
9th May 2006 05:34 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I'm a bit low right now after seeing those images of Keith. He is up and walking, driving in a car which is good. No signs of a bandage on his head though. Another good thing.

But I am worried. I don't like seeing him without the stage frock on. A Gibson around his neck would really cheer me up.

Much love to all of Keith's fans. These are trying times. Thank God for Rocks Off. May we soon be rejoicing the next concert's set list instead of viewing papparazzi images.

i think those images are from when he was going into the hospital.
9th May 2006 05:36 PM
Steel Wheels Thanks pug. I was about ready to loose it here at work. I'm going home in a few minutes. Damn straight I'll be rocking out to the Stones tonight.

maybe even toss on "Wicked As it Seems" and "Whip It Up"!
9th May 2006 05:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Thanks pug. I was about ready to loose it here at work. I'm going home in a few minutes. Damn straight I'll be rocking out to the Stones tonight.

maybe even toss on "Wicked As it Seems" and "Whip It Up"!

play it loud my brother!
9th May 2006 06:03 PM
Gazza The ITN News report didnt indicate any great cause for alarm, thankfully.

They spoke to a neurosurgeon at the hospital and showed footage of Patti, Theo and Alex arriving at the hospital and some guitars being brought in.

The reporter said he had an op for a suspected clot on the brain and that the recuperation period would be "a few weeks".

The story wasnt all it was cracked up to be. In the 6.30 news they mentioned a report in the 10.30 bulletin on "Keith Richards Life Threatening Injury" but the actual report didnt really imply anything like that at all. Just before showing the report itself, the news reader even teased us with a "coming up - Keith Richards gives a defiant message to his fans", yet there was nothing of the sort.

[Edited by Gazza]
9th May 2006 06:14 PM
Gazza 45 seconds AP story here on aol.com

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=2&guideContext=65.491&pmmsid=1643810&referer=http%3A//news.aol.com/entertainment/music/articles/_a/keith-richards-undergoes-brain-surgery/20060501070109990001

Thanks to Linda (our good friend and former webmistress in the "Goin' Home" days)in LA for sending me the link.
9th May 2006 06:25 PM
PartyDoll MEG And Thank You Gazza for keeping us informed.

Nothing new however, which probably is good. (Fingers crossed)
9th May 2006 07:15 PM
Soldatti Thanks Gazza!
9th May 2006 07:25 PM
Twostoned
quote:
moy wrote:

Christ! I don't want to see this shit!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)