ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith News From Offial RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
8th May 2006 10:10 AM
gimmekeef 05.08.06 Keith Richards Recovering From Surgery
Keith Richards underwent surgery this morning at The Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand. The operation was a complete success and Keith is already up and talking with his family today. He will need a few weeks recuperation.

Last week Keith was under observation in Auckland following a fall in Fiji and was feeling well after being examined by doctors last week, however after complaining of headaches yesterday doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to remove the pressure.
The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang European tour goes ahead and will now start in June 2006.

Full details of the re- scheduling of the tour will be announced shortly.
8th May 2006 10:19 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some minutes ago I went to the official website and the news were not there, so this is really fresh news from the official website... posted some minutes ago.

Let's face it they are good and bad news
8th May 2006 10:20 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
05.08.06 Keith Richards Recovering From Surgery
Keith Richards underwent surgery this morning at The Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand. The operation was a complete success and Keith is already up and talking with his family today. He will need a few weeks recuperation.

Last week Keith was under observation in Auckland following a fall in Fiji and was feeling well after being examined by doctors last week, however after complaining of headaches yesterday doctors thought it prudent to move ahead with a small operation to remove the pressure.
The Rolling Stones A Bigger Bang European tour goes ahead and will now start in June 2006.

The news in Chicago this morning was not nearly as upbeat. There is a real chance of the tour being cancelled. Stay tuned.
[Edited by voodoopug]
8th May 2006 10:22 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

despite the initial reports that the tour would not be jeopardized, I predicted that with the traumatic head blow that Keith endured that dates would have to be rescheduled. Hopefully they will honor all dates and find a way to reschedule and make them up.

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
for those still in doubt, this is true. It makes absolute sense and draining fluid from the brain is very common after severe head injuries, especially in edler patients. The symptoms, such as fluid on the brain, typically dont show up for sometimes several days to over a week after the initial injury. I've had family members go thru this and this is exactly how it goes down. The good news is that draining fluid (blood) is an invasive but simple procedure and in cases like this when it is discovered sooner rather than later, the success rates are good.

I'm sure that a man of Keith's wealth and stature is seeing the absolute best medical care available. I suspect he will recover fine. However, I also suspect that increased recovery time is needed and some of the dates will be post poned or cancelled.

[Edited by Saint Sway]
8th May 2006 10:34 AM
voodoopug
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Some minutes ago I went to the official website and the news were not there, so this is really fresh news from the official website... posted some minutes ago.

Let's face it they are good and bad news

they also only post what the publicity team wants to be released. The real story will not be broken on rs.com, it will be either here or at Shidoobee.
8th May 2006 10:40 AM
jb My info on this is confusing....I was told by a very reliable source that Keith was feeling fine post surgery and that the tour was not in jeapordy at all....I'll stick by that, although this "official" statement tends to concern me as well...
[Edited by jb]
8th May 2006 10:48 AM
LadyJane We have to wait and see howe he recovers. Way too early to tell.

My gut tells me he'll be okay and the Tour will resume.

LJ.
8th May 2006 10:50 AM
Joey

I just barfed
8th May 2006 10:50 AM
Steel Wheels Screw the tour, albums, concerts, everything. Let's all focus and channel our good energies to Keith! He needs us now more than ever!

GET BETTER KEITH!

8th May 2006 11:10 AM
jb All reports suggest he is fine post op...The issue is what effect , if any, the injury had on his ability to continue to tour on such a brutal schedule. Anyone, let alone a former 62 year old junkie, would be a little "beat up" after this accident.
8th May 2006 11:20 AM
Joey
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Screw the tour, albums, concerts, everything. Let's all focus and channel our good energies to Keith! He needs us now more than ever!

GET BETTER KEITH!

Amen Steel Wheels .
8th May 2006 11:32 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Be well Keith. Don't be some sort of "hero" just because there is a tour. REST!!! Let yourself heal!!! Nooooooobody wants you back too soon and there's no reason on heaven or earth to put yourself through that kind of pressure and worry- or your family or your friends or your fans...

We'd all rather have Keith Richards to kick around for the long haul.

((((((Keef)))))))
8th May 2006 12:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
Screw the tour, albums, concerts, everything. Let's all focus and channel our good energies to Keith! He needs us now more than ever!

GET BETTER KEITH!

Utter bullshit. Tell that to the people who have saved for months and see hundreds and hundreds of their euros go up in smoke, for air fare and hotels that can't be refunded. He doesn't need us, he has his family and his doctors.

I agree with your last comment though, I hope he's well of course.
8th May 2006 12:58 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:

GET BETTER KEITH!

please note that Jb and I strongly advised against anyone planning to travel abroad to see the Euro tour.
8th May 2006 01:00 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Utter bullshit. Tell that to the people who have saved for months and see hundreds and hundreds of their euros go up in smoke, for air fare and hotels that can't be refunded. He doesn't need us, he has his family and his doctors.

I agree with your last comment though, I hope he's well of course.

Mick is even more furious about this.
8th May 2006 01:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Mick is even more furious about this.

I bet he is, he's not even seeing a penny of the fans' lost money as it's all travel and lodging costs
8th May 2006 01:04 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

I bet he is, he's not even seeing a penny of the fans' lost money as it's all travel and lodging costs

very sorry to hear of your lost investments....you are a fine lady and a wonderful poster.
8th May 2006 01:08 PM
gimmekeef It no doubt will be a week at least after surgery before Keith's true status visavis touring will be known.Hopefully with a full recovery ;minimal schedule changes and fans lost money will be the case.Fingers crossed for Keith and all fans with plans!!!!
8th May 2006 01:11 PM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
It no doubt will be a week at least after surgery before Keith's true status visavis touring will be known.Hopefully with a full recovery ;minimal schedule changes and fans lost money will be the case.Fingers crossed for Keith and all fans with plans!!!!

I am less optimistic. It was a miracle that Keef was still able to perform each night with the way he has treated himself over the years. To expect Keith to recover quickly from brain surgery is a stretch at best. We all should be concerned about his health at this point. The article said he was up and talking to his family...at no point did it mention that he is trying to memorize the opening chord progression of Brown Sugar.

He will rest up and come back firing on all cylinders for a fall us tour with a return to Europe in 2007....hopefully things go this well.
8th May 2006 01:14 PM
Some Guy Lemme see if I get this straight. The future of the Stones is jeopardized because Keith suffered a Bigger Bang to the head?
8th May 2006 01:18 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Lemme see if I get this straight. The future of the Stones is jeopardized because Keith suffered a Bigger Bang to the head?

This is hardly a time for humor...we must all maintain positive thought and warm wishes.
8th May 2006 01:19 PM
Some Guy
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This is hardly a time for humor...we must all maintain positive thought and warm wishes.

duly noted
8th May 2006 01:26 PM
jb
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Lemme see if I get this straight. The future of the Stones is jeopardized because Keith suffered a Bigger Bang to the head?

Sometimes humor helps in these situations .....we all afre very nervous and uptight...a little levity often is welcomed in dire situations.(look a header ). Young people need to learn from experienced people like myself how to act under these situtations.............><
[Edited by jb]
8th May 2006 01:30 PM
Some Guy
quote:
jb wrote:

Sometimes humor helps in these situations .....we all afre very nervous and uptight...a little levity often is welcomed in dire situations.(look a header ). Young people need to learn from experienced people like myself how to act under these situtations.............><
[Edited by jb]

duly noted
8th May 2006 01:32 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
very sorry to hear of your lost investments....you are a fine lady and a wonderful poster.

Thanks Pug, but it's not me who lost money, I wasn't going to the tour opener anywayzzz due lack of money, but many of my friends are duped. I'm only going to 2 Amsterdam shows this tour, and they don't seem to be in jeopardy yet.
8th May 2006 01:36 PM
ListenToTheLion
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

please note that Jb and I strongly advised against anyone planning to travel abroad to see the Euro tour.

Are you a fortune-teller?
8th May 2006 01:38 PM
voodoopug
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

no, but with ADDA in effect, we are able to assess risk at an abnormally high success rate.
8th May 2006 01:41 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
ListenToTheLion wrote:

"Went to the fortune teller to get my fortune read....she said go see pug or jb...they have the same sources as I do"
8th May 2006 01:44 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
no, but with ADDA in effect

ABBA? It's their fault?
8th May 2006 01:48 PM
Jeep An article from New Zealand Herald (9th may edition) :
Not very good news for the european tour in it..."he would likely be back to normal "within a few months"... MONTHS !!!!

-------------------------------------

Richards' op won't cause lasting harm
By David Eames

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/6/story.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=10380889

Hard-living rock icon Keith Richards - who once famously went nine days without sleep while on a drug bender - is not likely to suffer long-term effects from surgery to relieve bleeding in his skull, says an Auckland neurologist.

The 62-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist is believed to be recuperating in Auckland after falling from a palm tree in Fiji about 10 days ago.

He is reported to have undergone surgery to relieve a subdural haematoma [bleeding in the skull]. That involved drilling a hole in his skull to drain the blood leaking from ruptured veins between his skull and brain.

The neurologist, who did not want to be named, said though he was not familiar with Richards' case the procedure was "relatively straightforward", and he would likely be back to normal "within a few months".

Richards' rock 'n' roll debauches are legendary, but the neurologist said his past excesses would not normally affect his recovery.

Subdural haematomas were more common in elderly patients, particularly those aged in their 80s and beyond, but at 62 Richards should be "fine".

It was unlikely, however, that he would play the next scheduled shows in the Rolling Stones' Bigger Bang tour, which are set for Barcelona at the end of the month, the neurologist said.

Mystery still surrounds Richards' whereabouts and the details of the accident. His New York-based agent, Fran Curtis, could not be reached yesterday.

It is not the first accident to befall the man reputed to have "five strings and nine lives". He has previously fallen from a ladder while reaching for a book in his library, and fallen ill with an infected finger after cutting it on a guitar string.

Richards' sleep-free nine-day drug binge ended when he fell asleep while standing up. He fell face first into an amplifier, breaking his nose.

Richards is widely rumoured to have undergone a total blood transfusion in 1973 in an attempt to kick heroin.

[Edited by Jeep]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)