ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Congratulations Keef: Cleared and back to rock!!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith News From Offial RS.COM Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9th May 2006 05:35 AM
jostorm Yes, but the rule applies only to advice given by a female VETERINARY surgeon....

(Plus, let's be realistical here, which woman in her right mind would still be listening to any man she has known for twenty years, never mind his credentials????)
9th May 2006 05:45 AM
Gazza This is true...LOL

anyway - our good friend Kahoosier, who happens to be a doc, posted this over on IORR. Hopefully, its a bit more reassuring :

OK Before any one jumps on my ass, as some are want to do...I am not a Neurosurgeon, just a GP/ER Doc.

The fact that Keith had the surgury after several days of observation IMPLIES two things to me, that the condition was not life threatening, and that the symptoms involved were not flagrantly debillitating. Subdural hematomas can at times be asymtomatic. I have had a patients going through life only knowing the diganosis because of a scan. I cannot even give out even case specifics because of HIPA law and patient confidentiality, but I can use the anecdotes of my practice to say Keith may have been and may be very stable. We keep hearing about headaches, and really, no matter what any one wants to believe, that may have been his only symptom, which would explain the wait.

I would assume based on past ER cases, that an acute bleed with debilating symptoms (loss of movement, loss of speech, etc) would be treated by a burr hole more immediately without prolonged observation. If Keith's procedure was delayed and then finally performed for the sake of headaches, he shoud not have any prolonged neurologic deficits, and thus no need for rehab etc.

9th May 2006 06:10 AM
Child of the Moon This is late, but y'know what? My thoughts are with Keith and his family. Good night, rock on...
9th May 2006 07:08 AM
LadyJane Here's a link to an article in the Sun with photos.

Good to see him, poor baby!

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210212,00.html

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
9th May 2006 07:13 AM
Gazza
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:

you are ignorant and envious and need to concentrate on learning how to spell....vets, like dentists, are those who could not cut it in REAL med school

uh..whoosh...pretty obvious it was kinda tongue-in-cheek
9th May 2006 07:16 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
Here's a link to an article in the Sun with photos.

Good to see him, poor baby!

www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006210212,00.html

LJ.

Oh thanks for the pics LJ! They make me feel quite like you, seeing them I can't stand the thought of Keith on a hospital bed, with monitors and stuff

So Marlon and Angela are also there, according to the Sun.
IORR reports that "New Zealand television is today showing Keith's wife and two daughters carrying guitars into the Auckland hospital, whick is a very good sign of recovery.". Hopefully!

It's such a stresful and worrying time... I've been reading too much on other boards and mailing lists as well - perhaps I just shouldn't, cause everyone's got an 'expert opinion' to voice at times like these, and the majority of them is not exactly credible

It's been suggested that Mick, Ronnie and Charlie may be having talks of starting the tour as a trio. Can you see this happening? I don't want to start a huge talk over nothing - it's only rumours after all - but hypothetically speaking, that'd be one of the awfulest things that could happen.

No Keith = no Stones in my book, and the very same equation goes for all four of them after all this time.
[Edited by FotiniD]
9th May 2006 07:27 AM
LadyJane I, like you Fotini, am saddened beyond words.

Our indestructible hero looks so frail, no???

I've got to take a break from the Boards today.

LJ.

9th May 2006 07:31 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
you are ignorant and envious and need to concentrate on learning how to spell

Really? Then let's see you spell perfect Dutch right now ok.

Thought so.

Just be very glad you don't have to bother with another language like we non-English members do.
9th May 2006 07:32 AM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

uh..whoosh...pretty obvious it was kinda tongue-in-cheek

He's not known for his skills of perception.

As for Keef, he looks terrible. Nice to see that he wants to play a bit in the hospital. Unless those are for autographs for the staff...
9th May 2006 07:33 AM
glencar
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Really? Then let's see you spell perfect Dutch right now ok.

Thought so.

Just be very glad you don't have to bother with another language like we non-English members do.

Angie, I hope you realize we're not all like that jackass.
9th May 2006 07:33 AM
FotiniD
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I, like you Fotini, am saddened beyond words.

I've got to take a break from the Boards today.

Too many rumours LJ dear, one too many rumours. I'm thinking of taking an internet break myself and come back when things are clear.

We got to believe though - he's been through hell before, I *know* he can make it through this time as well.

And hopefully it will all serve with putting some sense into his mind, possibly cut down or quit the alcohol alltogether.
9th May 2006 07:35 AM
glencar One of the articles I read said that Keith realizes he needs to give up the booze.
9th May 2006 07:36 AM
FotiniD
quote:
glencar wrote:
One of the articles I read said that Keith realizes he needs to give up the booze.

Yeah, and then he got mini-Vodkas in.
9th May 2006 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
I, like you Fotini, am saddened beyond words.

pretty sad indeed, although to get some perspective, Keith IS quite frail anyway and just looks more so without the benefit of stage make-up and a guitar slung over his shoulder. Plus the lack of headband shows his lack of hair more than we're used to seeing.
9th May 2006 07:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
It's been suggested that Mick, Ronnie and Charlie may be having talks of starting the tour as a trio. Can you see this happening? I don't want to start a huge talk over nothing - it's only rumours after all - but hypothetically speaking, that'd be one of the awfulest things that could happen.

whilst there is a lot of speculation going around as it is, thats something that is 100% NOT going to ever happen.
9th May 2006 07:45 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

whilst there is a lot of speculation going around as it is, thats something that is 100% NOT going to ever happen.

Thanks Gazza. Thought it sounded crazy, but just needed to hear it by someone other than my head as well!
9th May 2006 07:47 AM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Angie, I hope you realize we're not all like that jackass.

Of course I know that dear. Almost everyone here is very nice about our English and I thank you
9th May 2006 08:37 AM
jostorm lotsajizz: I do sincerely apologise for any incorrect English, but when YOU start making mistakes in your fifth perfectly fluent language, you can come back to criticise, in the meantime do me a favour and fuck off!
And just to put things into a perspective: in ANY of the three European countries I have lived in it is far, far harder to get into university to study veterinary medicine than it is to study human medicine, you need far better grades and the competition is extremely fierce to get in. I always wanted to become a vet, as far as I can remember forming coherent thoughts, a decision that was taken at age 3 with unusual childhood insight, probably to avoid having to deal with arseholes like you....

PS: and anyone capable of explaining to me once and for all when it's "advice" and when it's "advise" will be covered in kisses!
9th May 2006 08:45 AM
justforyou I advise you not to take this advice!
9th May 2006 08:46 AM
SweetVirginia I am in awe of the ability of our European and South American members to converse so fluently in English. They seldom get hung up by American slang and they are always very easy to understand. I can't imagine seeing most of our American members on a Dutch or even Spanish message board.

You guys are great.

SV

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
9th May 2006 08:46 AM
lotsajizz Being on an English speaking board, I assumed English was your language, indeed your English is so good that I had no idea otherwise. I only used the spelling crack at you as you commented on the unreliability of information provided by those who sleep with surgeons. I am sure you were as unaware of what would be an insult as I was in your circumstance. In that case, please accept my regrets.

9th May 2006 08:56 AM
moy

9th May 2006 09:09 AM
Angiegirl Wow, Keith looks frail indeed!

But hey, I look different when I step out of my bed compared to an hour later when I leave for work, so...
9th May 2006 09:11 AM
mac_daddy i would like to think kahoosier's assessment is right on the money...

godspeed, keef.

______

quote:
justforyou wrote:
I advise you not to take this advice!

bingo.

the former is the verb, and the latter is the noun...

9th May 2006 09:41 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch Sure Keith doesn't look 101%, but we all know why. It was actually amazing to see him up and walking into the hospital in those photos. It gave me some relief! Especially after being subjected to the stupid mock-up with him in a hospital bed and a vodka bottle IV. The guy is obviously more than a survivor.

Also, it's harder to get into veterinarian school in this country also than medical school. Medical school is tough to get into but veterinarian school is tougher. There are far more openings for medical school than vet school. The grade point averages and competition is higher for vet school than it is for medical school. Makes you wonder if a lot of doctors are frustrated vets!!
9th May 2006 09:45 AM
Lucy_Bandersnatch I have a good Dutch friend (I was considering going to the Amsterdam shows) whose boyfriend is German. She doesn't know German. He doesn't know Dutch. They converse in English. This has gone on for 5 years...

Most Americans have a dismal understanding of or ability to use any foreign language. Sorry guys, that's just the truth. Unless you were brought up around a second language, there's just not much exposure to other languages in this country.
9th May 2006 09:47 AM
lotsajizz no doubt....American arrogance is unquestionably one reason for this...I only speak a smattering of Portugese because I had my eye on one when I was 17

9th May 2006 10:04 AM
Angiegirl Hey look, don't worry ok. The fact that the Dutch (taking my own language as an example, also goes for Scandinavians who tend to speak English very well) for instance usually speak ok or even good English was just born out of necessity: almost nobody else in the world speaks Dutch (except for parts of former colonies), so a few hundred years ago we had to if we wanted to be able to trade (mostly spices and slaves...).

Besides, most Dutch understand German and most Germans understand Dutch, they're quite similar languages on many points, so it's funny to me that your friends converse in English, but I've seen it happen before though.

No problem ok, I like that I can practise my English, so it doesn't go rusty
9th May 2006 10:16 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat Shouldn't you be working...?
9th May 2006 10:17 AM
Scratched Back do you practise in practice?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)