ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Pavillon D'Ermenonville - 22 September 1970
© Christian Simonpietri
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don Imus thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
10th April 2007 06:58 PM
Chuck Both groups, white and black, make these kind of derogatory comments; but it seems that only whites are held accountable and are, therefore, measured against a higher standard of conduct.

Therein lies a subtle form of racism against blacks---lowered expectations.

10th April 2007 07:31 PM
kath well, even if they fired him, it wouldn't MEAN anything...he'd just go someplace else,net someplace, pull a howard stern..make shitloads more money and be able to say anything he fuckin' wants to say!

there are no consequences anymore...

i've alway loathed him, but firing him does nothing to change what he said or the stupidity behind it.

and there's a lot more shit going on around us, so don't let them use this as a diversion.....

kath...paranoid and proud of it!!!

10th April 2007 07:54 PM
Riffhard It's just a damned good thing that the right people are defending the honor of the poor vicimized Rutgers team!

Al Sharpton deplores racism! God bless him!

"White folks was in caves while we was building empires... We taught philosophy and astrology and mathematics before Socrates and them Greek homos ever got around to it." -- Rev. Al Sharpton in a 1994 speech at Kean College, NJ

"They are just a bunch of Hymies living it up in Hymietown."-Jesse Jackson,1984, during his first run for the presidency.

Yeah these guys are real stand up guys!

Hypocrites! The whole lot of them!

Riffy

10th April 2007 08:31 PM
texile
quote:
kath wrote:

kath...paranoid and proud of it!!!

lol
i agree with your entire post, but that last statement made me laugh.
10th April 2007 09:32 PM
Steel Wheels His removal from the air speaks only about his lack of revenue generating power for the company. He does not make money. Plain and simple. If he did, they would keep him on the air.

Imus will be released from his contract because of his advertising revenue, but they will claim in the press it's because of his racist comments.
10th April 2007 10:22 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
His removal from the air speaks only about his lack of revenue generating power for the company. He does not make money. Plain and simple. If he did, they would keep him on the air.

Imus will be released from his contract because of his advertising revenue, but they will claim in the press it's because of his racist comments.

I hate to say this Steel Wheels because I think Imus is an asshole but he does generate big revenue for both MSNBC and for CBS radio.

His veiwing audience is only around 300,000. However that is a 30% increase in the viewers during that time slot prior to his signing with MSNBC. That says a lot more about how shitty that network is than it says about how well Imus is received. I mean he has a daily veiwing audience almost as high as the biggest asshole in all of television news. That would be the moron Keith Olberman and his numbers,regardless of what his Kool Aid drinking minions would have you believe,are pathetic. I mean even Greta Van Fucking Sustern has twice as many viewers as that cocksmoker!

Imus is also syndicated on over 70 radio stations nationwide for CBS Radio. So he is certainly a revenue generator for both companies. The fact that his suspension comes at the beggining of April is bad news for CBS because it is the beggining of the Spring Book for Arbitron. The Spring Book is a very important ratings period because many sponsors base their Summer buys on the success of this ratings period. Horrible timing for CBS.

Now compare Imus' listeners and viewers to one Mr. Rush Limbaugh and the difference is staggering. Limbaugh has a weekly listenership of over 13.5 million!! Not one person in any type of news media has anywhere near that number. Nobody's even close. More people hear Rush per week than hear Imus and Olberman combined for over a month's period! Those are massive numbers!

Riffy

[Edited by Riffhard]
11th April 2007 02:04 AM
sirmoonie I barely know who Imus is, but I can't for the life of me figure out why a grown man with a radio show would call members of a champion collegiate women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed ho's." That little honky ass punk faggit couldn't hit an unguarded 20% from the line if his life depended on it.
11th April 2007 08:01 AM
Chuck
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
I barely know who Imus is, but I can't for the life of me figure out why a grown man with a radio show would call members of a champion collegiate women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed ho's." That little honky ass punk faggit couldn't hit an unguarded 20% from the line if his life depended on it.

Maybe it's the same reason you called him a "honky ass punk faggit."

Why did you say that? And don't tell me it's because you aren't a grown man with a radio show.

11th April 2007 08:26 AM
3DTeafoe The real tragedy lies in the fact that Imus, and others like him, pander to the ignorant fucks, and the are a LOT of them out there, who would agree with his verbal bile.
11th April 2007 08:33 AM
Chuck Little thug/gangster phonies should read Cora Daniels' book "GhettoNation: A Journey Into The Land of Bling and The Home of The Shameless." to get a little insight into how this harms the black community.

And maybe, just maybe, they'll stop acting like idiots. I doubt it, though.

Here's a recent interview: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18045635/site/newsweek
11th April 2007 11:30 AM
BILL PERKS FUCK SHARPTON ,RUTGERS AND ANYONE OFFENDED BY ANYTHING THAT MARBLE MOUTHED IDIOT SAYS.IF YOU ARE DEFINED BY WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT YOU-THEN THATS THE STORY OF YOU.

"FREEDOM OF SPEECH ,INDEED RONNIE"

[EDITED BY DANIEL CARVER]
11th April 2007 11:36 AM
jb I hope Imus is able to meet with those outstanding young ladies and try to heal the hateful words he spoke. It is one thing to attack public figures, but these kids didn;t deserve that at all. I was overwhelmed with their composure and responses at the press conference. Their coach was likewise very moving in her eloquent speech.
11th April 2007 11:49 AM
BILL PERKS THIS WORLD IS SO GAY,WEAK AND LAME!

TOUGHEN THE FUCK UP

"NAPPY HEADED HO'S" INDEED
11th April 2007 11:55 AM
jb One can only hope that a meeting b/t these fine young ladies and a contriteful Imus will lead to a national healing at lessen the pain for all of us.
11th April 2007 11:57 AM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
One can only hope that a meeting b/t these fine young ladies and a contriteful Imus will lead to a national healing at lessen the pain for all of us.

The entire country is feeling the effects of these hateful words!
11th April 2007 12:01 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The entire country is feeling the effects of these hateful words!

Agreed....we need a national discussion to make sure this never happens again. Our country owes it to every african-american to stop allowing these hateful comments to come under the guise of comedy or free speech. We are a shamed country b/c of this intolerable condition that allows these types of comments to go unpunished.
11th April 2007 12:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

Agreed....we need a national discussion to make sure this never happens again. Our country owes it to every african-american to stop allowing these hateful comments to come under the guise of comedy or free speech. We are a shamed country b/c of this intolerable condition that allows these types of comments to go unpunished.

Agreed, we, as a whole, have been humiliated.
11th April 2007 12:05 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

This kind og thing has happened way too much during the Bush administration. He has allowed a climate of hate to exist right beneath the surface, and it rears it ugly head more and more often. This stuff never happened under Clinton,.
11th April 2007 12:07 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

This kind og thing has happened way too much during the Bush administration. He has allowed a climate of hate to exist right beneath the surface, and it rears it ugly head more and more often. This stuff never happened under Clinton,.

Sadly, not only are we universally despised by other nations, we are now despised by each other overall. I am just glad our friends such as Sweedish Erik and Dutch Rik can remain loved worldwide!
11th April 2007 12:07 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
jb wrote:

RODNEY KING-REGINALD DENNY ?
11th April 2007 12:08 PM
jb Europeans, imo, are much more tolerant of other races...they are loving, caring, vibrant people who do not judge people by the color of their skin.
11th April 2007 12:12 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:
Europeans, imo, are much more tolerant of other races...they are loving, caring, vibrant people who do not judge people by the color of their skin.

This is true.
11th April 2007 01:03 PM
_Boomy_
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

11th April 2007 02:14 PM
luxury1 Imus' hair be lookin a little nappy under that smelly cowboy hat...
11th April 2007 02:26 PM
jb Adoro al hombre negro
11th April 2007 02:29 PM
pdog Imus has a crappy sho'!
11th April 2007 02:29 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:
Imus has a crappy sho'!

es un hombre muy viril
11th April 2007 02:30 PM
pdog
quote:
jb wrote:

es un hombre muy viril

will you post pics of your hot secretaries?
11th April 2007 02:32 PM
jb
quote:
pdog wrote:

will you post pics of your hot secretaries?

Podría entrar el problema para eso.
11th April 2007 03:38 PM
Joey

We must all stop and say a prayer for Don Imus .
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)